[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't some people like the second part of Gurren Lagann?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: TeamDaiGurrenDrills.png (977KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TeamDaiGurrenDrills.png
977KB, 1280x720px
Why don't some people like the second part of Gurren Lagann? I thought it was the best part. Was it because of Kaminas death? was it because the ending was depressing? was it because they weren't ready for the change of tone? I didn't even know that a large number of people didn't like it until after i watched it and was having a discussion with someone else.
>>
>>140017027
I loved every fucking second
>>
>>140017027
I tell most people watch the series until the time skip and then just watch the second movie. I think there's too much fluff in the second and the movie does a good job at taking it out and adding what everyone wanted near the end.
>>
>>140017526
second movie have the true ending.
>>
>>140017027
>doesnt like the 2nd part
who? but i can relate, Simon & Yoko gets lonely End
>>
File: Super_Tengen_Toppa_Size.jpg (189KB, 960x701px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Tengen_Toppa_Size.jpg
189KB, 960x701px
super tengen toppa gurren lagann super giga drill breaker is most powerful attack in anime nothing can go piss this saitama can't beat this attack.
>>
>>140017828
It's not that hard to find dozens of people in agreement that it sucks in pretty much any thread in which gurren lagann is mentioned for any reason.
>>
>>140017828
I mean, it ends kinda depressingly, but it wasn't badly done, just sad. Part 2 of gurren lagann is probably objectively one of the best animated series ever
>>
>>140018016
Nice try but that's not Demonbane. You lose.
>>
>>140018016
>>140018328

It's probably the strongest physical attack in anime.

You can always write a magical beam or ability or magic spell that's stronger without really having to back it up with anything other than because someone said so.
>>
>>140018328
>implying that Super Universe Die Buster Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann could even be scratched by demonbane
>>
File: 1405908285808.jpg (32KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1405908285808.jpg
32KB, 300x450px
>>140018409
>I've never played demonbane and only read people briefly explaining it in threads
>>
>>140018406
>physical attack
>literally runs on bullshit willpower plot device juju
Yeah okay
>>
>>140018016
STTGL is not bigger than the universe.
>>
>serious thread
>powerlevel fags ruin it

Sasuga /a/
>>
>>140018537

Ok, so you don't know what a plot device is.
>>
>>140018328
Demonbane posters are worse than Saitama posters desu.
>>
File: 7gC2g.jpg (295KB, 1200x860px) Image search: [Google]
7gC2g.jpg
295KB, 1200x860px
STTGL couldn't even beat his own grandfather.
>>
>>140018611
Fucking gay chunnis ruinning my thread
every fucking time
>>
>>140018623
Don't be a shithead, you know what he means. Spiral energy is literally "asspull power." Every story gets one "gimme". TTGL's gimme is that somehow DNA and sunglasses can make robots the size of galaxies.

Demonbane is a good example of overly meta power creed bullshit that doesn't really belong in any VERSUS discussion anywhere ever.
>>
>>140017526
Movie end gets ridiculous with them getting their own mechs, only to serve as fanservice for nude shots of yoko and nia.
Not to mention the suicide/punch scene just takes place in an office room and really lacks the momentum the series version gives.
I think there's way too much in the series to not watch, definitely wouldn't replace second half with the movie.
>>
>>140018658
Getter is a cosmic horror but Emperor was not at the point where it could take STTGL. Maybe if it had conquered most of the universe but even then it's questionable.
>>
>>140017027
I see gurren lagann as being 3 seperate parts.

Simon Following Kamina's
Simon finishing kamina's will
Simon using his own resolve to accomplish his own goals.

Simons growth into a man doesn't feel completely without the third arc.
>>
>>140018730

That's not my complaint.

Call it what you want, spiral power is not a plot device.

That's like saying Superman's super strength is a plot device.
>>
>>140017027
It becomes absolutely mindless. Also Nia has to be one of the worst written character ever.
>>
>>140018623
Look, I enjoyed TTGL too, but Spiral Energy is just more or less free powerups as the plot demands so long as you yell hard enough about your convictions
>>
>>140018611
>TTGL thread not bringing in powerlevel fags
Come on anon. This happens every single time, it's either this or "Getter was better."

>>140018636
Posting Demonbane = "Stop talking about powerlevels you fucking idiot".
And unlike Saitama, Demonbane's bullshit is at least backed up by some logic instead of "he's just invincible".
>>
Spiral power = Green lantern bust better.
>>
>>140018793
>Also Nia has to be one of the worst written character ever.
I'm sure Kiznaiver will work hard to top her.
>>
>>140018802
>Posting Demonbane = "Stop talking about powerlevels you fucking idiot".
That's absolutely not what 90% of demonbane posters intend, it's just that they want to say "Hur dur my anime waifu is better because ultimate mary sue".
>>
>>140018844
Kiznaiver will definitely deliver on that.
>>
>not even 30 posts in and it's already morphed into a power level thread

every

fucking

time
>>
It's either people wishing for deep politics and philosophy because of the mood change or others wanting it to stick to the overly silly tone of the first half all together. The space arc alone is 10/10.
>>
>>140018799

I don't care if you like it or not.

A plot device is something that shows up in a story in order for the plot to advance.

If spiral energy showed up out of no where and Simon had to do x, y and z in order to unlock its powers or some cliche nonsense, then that would be a plot device. In actuality, Simon's goal is to take down the Spiral King and the anti-spiral, and spiral energy happens to be a tool that helps him with it.

If you think its a plot device, you don't understand what a plot device is.
>>
>>140018854
I can guarantee that most Demonbane posters just use him to kill powerlevel discussions, similar to powerman but this time being an actual character. "There will always be one demonbane that wins to __" is a completely retarded thing that can't exactly be disproven, so being the ultimate mary sue works in the poster's favor.
>"Muh saitama"
There's one demonbane that beats him.
>"Muh accelerator"
>"Muh demonbane"

AKA Fuck off with powerlevels and go back to school.
>>
>>140018844
>>140018915
>Shitting on a 1 episode series out of no where

Whats with this asshurt?
>>
>>140018916
Speaks volumes about the quality of the show.
>>
>>140017027
Gurren Lagann is my favorite anime, and I love both halves of it.
>>
>>140018943
It's a poorly written Trigger show, making it tangentially related to the topic at hand.
>>
The demonbane sequel VN ever get translated?
>>
>>140018946
Speaks volumes about the quality of posters on this board, that they would fixate on the most worthless aspect of anime comparisons.
>>
>>140018938
That's the entire point of Saitama, because his gag is that he wins. The only ones that could beat him are other gag characters, AKA no power level character. THAT is how you kill a powerlevel discussion, not by fetishizing the worst mary sue in existence.
>>
>>140018943
If anything the promo was already hinting on how wrong the whole thought process was in designing the show.
>>
>>140018982
>Poorly written
>Only 1 episode that introduces characters and the general premise
See I could understand if you said it sucks because it's an Okada show and just about everything she did sucked fucking shit, but that's not because it's TRIGGER.
I do agree Nia suddenly becomes a shit character in the second half though.
>>
>>140018933
>A plot device is something that shows up in a story in order for the plot to advance.
You mean like most instances of spiral energy in TTGL?
>good thing this drill that I stashed out of nowhere is full of spiral energy!
>it turns out the mold thing is made out of spiral energy!
>he's using spiral energy to evolve into a fuccboi!
>if I shout about spiral energy enough, suddenly this fight will turn to my favor!
>>
File: ykvhOs8.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ykvhOs8.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
Why do people try applying power levels and logical strength to this show? It actively mocks that avenue of thinking every chance it gets.
>>
>>140019025
People are joking about trigger's rash of mediocre shows with flailing plots, what's got you so triggered?
>>
>>140019042

I'm not going to keep doing this with you. I've already explained what a plot device is. You just don't understand what plot devices are.

Nia is more of a plot device than spiral energy.
>>
>>140018772
Your complaint is shitty and pedantic then.
>>
>>140019104
I guess you're right, it's more of a deus ex machina than a plot device.

Still ain't a physical attack any more than Goku's spirit bomb, though
>>
>>140019099
I only remember KLK. Inferno Cop, Ninja Slayer and LWA were great (albeit to me, NS fucked up a bit later). Not sure about that Inou Battle one though.
>>
>>140019098
The point of gurren lagann is literally "fuck logic, do the impossible". Powerlevel shitting is meaningless.
>>
>>140018793
Nia was my first waifu

>every waifu I claim has died
Why god
>>
>>140019342
Reverse-Yoko syndrome
>>
>>140017027
I prefer the adventuring through a desert wasteland setting to constant space battles. The pre-timeskip episodes also feel brighter than the post-timeskip ones. And I love Kamina and all, but I'd have to say that the second arc (episodes 9-15) was better than the first arc to me. Still, nothing can top Lagann-hen's final battle.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.