[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When fansubs can't escape using this stupid word

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Surely this wasn't in HS too?
>>
File: normies get out.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
normies get out.webm
2MB, 800x450px
Is this the season of normie hate in anime?
>>
>>139931425
MAL normie detected
>>
>>139931425
They're *literally* saying that word. Using any other word in place of normie or normalfag there would be literal censorship.
>>
>>139931914
"Riajuu" doesn't mean "normie", you fucking retard. They're translating a word that means "normal person" into an internet meme word that has no definition.
>>
>>139931425
It was.

Normie has been taken over by what were actually the "normies" in the beginning since ages ago, リア充 is kind of different but memes are more important obviously.
>>
>>139931532
>>139931425
In the context of how they're using the word. "Normie" is accurate since it's being used in a condescending tone.
>>
>>139931425
just use HS you normie
>>
>>139931425
I laughed
>>
>it's an "/a/ complains about translations despite not even being able to speak Japanese or understand why it was translated a certain way" thread
>>
>>139932810
Nigger riajuu IS an internet meme word.
>>
>>139931425
I asked in the last thread this came up in - what did official translators (who obviously aren't going to use "normalfag") use for riajuu before "normie" was a thing?
>>
>>139933530
No, nigger, in this case the complaints are because there's an identical, less cancerous synonym.
>>
HS says "The Cunning Normal."
>>
>>139933672
Normals, I think, which is almost the same thing. Just with less memeing attached to it
>>
>>139931914
And refusing to use the closest equivalent until there's a less-offensive version that's used by the people it's meant to deride isn't censorship?
>>
>>139931425
does working 50 hours a week make me a normie
>>
>>139932810
You're so fucking stupid riajuu is very literally the Japanese version of normalfag but they can't very well put "fag" in a release for a wider audience. This is not even up for debate try talking to an actual Japanese person instead of getting all of your cultural information from MAL.
>>
>>139933022
Normie is accurate in netoge at least because they say the word that is basically the Japanese equivalent for normie.
>>
>>139934033
Considering that both normalfag and normie have the same meaning, but one is basically exclusively used on /a/ and the other is used basically everywhere else (even on other boards on 4chan) that's like saying localizing 大きい as "large" instead of "big" is censorship. Stop being fucking retarded.
I'm sure some memesubs with edited CR scripts will make it be normalfag, although if you have ears you should be able to understand that riajuu = normalfag every time it's said.

>>139933733
Normalfag will never, ever be used in official subs. Fucking deal with it.
>>
>>139934035
Only if you don't channel 90% of your income into merchandise and merchandise accessories.
>>
File: normies pls.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
normies pls.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
They use a different word. I just wish I knew what cunning means.
>>
>>139931425
I'm disappointed it isn't normalfag with the sub groups that aren't HS or whatever crunchyshit is.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.