[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Ball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Jackie Chun vs Tenshinhan.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jackie Chun vs Tenshinhan.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Does Dragon Ball still hold up? I remember watching it a few years ago and thinking that Goku vs Jackie Chun, Goku vs Krillin and Tenshinhan vs Jackie Chun were better than any fight in Z.
>>
>>139909353
Yes
>>
>>139909353
I rewatched some regular DB recently, it's definitely better than Z.
>>
>>139909434
I dont know
>>
No.
>>
>>139909469
can you repeat the question?
>>
DB > DBZ imo.
>>
The anime is shit but the manga is great
>>
>>139909454
No, it's different. Martial arts VS Ki manipulation.
>>
Thanks for the help
>>
>>139909727
Yes, and martial arts is better.
>>
>>139909727
Honestly, the first saga is still much better than Z. The series has much more substance, more moral lesson, and far more grounded compared to projectile & lazor fights
>>
>>139909553
You're not the boss of me now.
>>
>>139910621
>more moral lesson

That's a new one.
>>
I am one of those weird fucks that absolutly hated the OG one. and i watched it first. For me the ranking is

>Z>>>>>>>Super>>>>OG=GT

I hated 3/4 of the characters because most of them including the main protagonist are stupid as fuck and cringe-worth even when i was a kid.
>>
>>139914959
>I hated 3/4 of the characters because most of them including the main protagonist are stupid as fuck and cringe-worth even when i was a kid.
How is that different from Z, Super and GT?
>>
>>139915062
In super you got guys like Piccolo, Whis, Beerus or even Vegeta now that even if are a bit goofy sometimes are still way better than le epic funny Krillin Rochi or Yamcha of the OG one.

Also Goku is way better now.
>>
>>139909353
It holds up better than Z for sure.

>>139915285
So you prefer le epic funny purple talking cat and Frieza being angry at cute animals playing instruments?

>Also Goku is way better now.

So you prefer a retarded manchild who thinks about nothing but fighting and food?
>>
I still love reading it.

Its one of those series i can casually just flick through when i'm bored and still get lost in it
>>
>>139909353
Pilaf is a bit weak and King Piccolo feels like a prototype for the later Z arcs.
RRA and the three tournaments are some of the best parts of the entire series though.
>>
>>139914959
Z itself also had cringeworthy humor too, such as the Ginyu Force and the entire Buu saga. Also tried taking itself way too seriously while still having a shit story and character development, and the way Toriyama treated the human Z-Fighters was absolutely disgraceful.
>>
>>139910621
>more moral lesson
I loved how Roshi always acted like a pervy old fool, but was still secretly teaching others about the world and themself.

The fight against Tien was especially good with a lot character development.
>>
Something about the old Dragonball I noticed is that I feel like every arc is so unique and amazing in its own way.

When I think about the DBZ arcs all I can think about is what sucked most about them.
>>
Tournament arcs are always so exciting, in any battle shonen they usually end up as one of the GOATs.

I'm glad Super found a way to make the tournament format relevant again in an age where Goku and Vegeta have noone on their level of power, even if Super sucks in general.
>>
>>139918827
>the Saiyans arrive and kick the shit out of Gohan, Krillin and the others
>Goku rushes to the rescue for at least 8 whole episodes
>the Ginyu Force arrives and kick the shit out of Gohan, Krillin and the others
>Goku rushes to the rescue for at least 8 whole episodes again
>Frieza decides to stop dicking around and kicks the shit out of Gohan, Krillin and the others
>Goku spends about 5 episodes in the rejuvenation chamber and another 3 or 4 rushing to the rescue

And this was back when the show was in its "prime" too.
>>
File: 1462086739297302.png (227KB, 1659x935px) Image search: [Google]
1462086739297302.png
227KB, 1659x935px
>>
You know, as shitty as Super is I can't stay mad at it for at least trying to bring back then fun and innocent side of Dragon Ball. I'm also glad they made Frieza into a goofball in Revival of F instead of a generic one-note mustache twirling villain like he was in the series.
>>
>>139919433
At least the animation wasn't utter shit those times
>>
>>139920049
They were, just not as bad as what we have now.
>>
It actually isn't bad. It's just very long.
>>
In the tournament arcs Ki was not much important compered to martial arts that Toriyama was interested in back then.
Ki ruined DBZ.
>>
>animefags
You're all retarded, read the manga faggots.
>>
File: taipai.jpg (44KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
taipai.jpg
44KB, 512x384px
>>139909353
yes
totally
>>
>>139909353
I think it holds up because alot of the fights were just fun especially with Goku's innocence
>>
>>139909353
I think the Pillaf arc was rather weak, and the 21st tournament kind of stumbles. Red Ribbon also can get too slow in some parts that should go faster (especially General Blue in the pirate cave). However, aside from that it's mostly great. Even Yamcha vs Tenshinhan actually looks great in the anime.
>>
>>139909353
Dragon Ball became sheet after Frieza, that is a fact. No story whatsoever.
>>
>>139913410
You're the boss of me now,
>>
>>139913410
You're not the boss of me now.
>>
>>139909353
Dragon Ball after Frieza works like this:
- Random bullshit Deus Ex Machina enemy appears that is 10x stronger than the last overhyped antagonist
- The Z fighters manage to defeat some meaningless minions that look and act like meaningless minions
- The main antagonist appears. EVERYONE jobs in a predictable way.
- The heroes withdraw to acquire some bullshit Deus Ex Machina power that makes them 11x times stronger than the last overhyped power. The last fight is postponed by all means until that power acquired.
- Goku or Vegeta or both appear and overpower the shocked enemy. He tries to win by unfair means, but is still beaten silly and defeated with a flashy finisher move.

Literally child cartoon level.
>>
>>139909353
Why would you shit on Z when there is Super?
>>
>>139915285
You are why this world is so terrible.

If we kill you the world will become a better place.
>>
>>139925490
At least Beerus is still unbeaten.
>>
>>139925838
Because Z is where it turned to shit and Super is continuing off that
>>
>>139909353
I read the manga recently. DB truly is superior, at least in terms of fights. The action is much more fluid, the fights are more interesting. There's even more comedy. I think the blocky, muscular bodies and overreliance on ki attacks hurt the action scenes.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.