[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find me a more terribly written & emotionally manipulative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: clannad.jpg (7KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
clannad.jpg
7KB, 251x201px
Find me a more terribly written & emotionally manipulative anime than this garbage
>>
It's not written poorly at all.
So I can think of many
>emotionally manipulative
More so? Hm, there are several Visual Novels that have bittersweet endings and shit. I think Kanon is worse. So there's your answer.
>>
>>>/r/
>>
>>139899580
Your lie in april.
>>
Yahari.
>>
>>139899781
saw that series, it was rly boring desu.

Only good part of Clannad were Sunohara and Akio
>>
>>139899854
>Sunohara and Akio
Well, at least there is hope for you. They made it good. But come on, Ushio was cute.

I only played Nagisa' route for Akio. So basically I was on Akio's route
>>
>>139899580

Say no more
>>
>>139899975
Why did it EVERY fucking girl have to crave Tomoya's cock ;__;. Sunohara should have gotten with that one girl who always kicks his ass, they woulda made a good couple. Also what was the point of Sunohara's arc when he completely regresses after that.
>>
>>139900054
Tomoyo is best girl (The ass kicker).

Well, you want me to be logical and honest with you? it's based off basically a dating sim. So every girl has her own story. So a few episodes were devoted to each girl. Of course, Key (the company) makes dating sims with one main girl so the overarcing story in THIS case is Nagisa.

Sunohara didn't regress though... in After Story, he's a complete adult. or maybe he did a bit while he was young.

But I'm TomoyoxTomoya or even TomoyaxKyou so I can't agree with the Sunohara thing, though I understand why you would want it (and if Tomoyo wasn't my waifu I'd support her for Sunohara)
>>
File: P6KBt51.png (126KB, 396x411px) Image search: [Google]
P6KBt51.png
126KB, 396x411px
>>139899580
I'll destroy you!
>>
>>139900287
thanks for the answer anon, that makes sense actually. But meh, also does everyone hate Nagisa? lol, no one seems to like her being with tomoya, I can kinda see why though. She isn't really interesting, though she had goat tier parents.
>>
>>139900464
Who? Audience? Well, most fans don't really like her much.
Characters in the anime... um... she's seen as a weirdo I guess. Hard to say, she's a fucking autist, even for an anime girl. She's cute overall I guess but it does seem she isn't like too much.
Oh well.

If you liked Clannad, Kanon isn't too different (2006). Clannad is far superior but it's too late to unwatch it and then watch Kanon first. Air is also by the same company but I have no knowledge of it other than some people like it.
>>
>>139900464
>lol
>>
>>139899580
I can't get past the awful character designs
>>
>>139899772
it wouldn't be so bad if the characters weren't literally children
>>
File: 1460081988341.png (281KB, 626x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1460081988341.png
281KB, 626x1023px
Find me another anime that has Fuuko.
>>
File: madke.png (697KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
madke.png
697KB, 960x539px
>>139899580
done
>>
>>139901209
Clannad After Story

But another series that has a Fuuko LIKE character? Um... Kanon has a younger sister who is sick/dying too. Another character is a stubborn brat who fights against the main character.
>>
>>139899580
AnoHana
>>
>>139901209
Fuko is literally an Ayu clone.
>>
File: mahoro_splash.jpg (174KB, 1022x1449px) Image search: [Google]
mahoro_splash.jpg
174KB, 1022x1449px
Mahoromatic
It was still a good watch.
>>
>>139901996
Literally one of the first animes I knew about but I NEVER EVER saw it

Is it good? Worth watching? Give me some tags about it
>harem?
>romance?
>an actual fucking ending?
Seriously, too many 'romance' anime end without a resolution of which girl he picks.
>>
>>139899580
This is one of those shows with the biggest discrepancies between popular rating and my own. I feel like I'm missing out, since a lot of people love it. Maybe it's just best enjoyed as a teenager or something.

>>139899854
>Only good part of Clannad were Sunohara and Akio
That's pretty much what got me through the show, though I wish Sunohara's arc wasn't so lame.
>>
File: mahoro_valentines_day.jpg (278KB, 1200x1744px) Image search: [Google]
mahoro_valentines_day.jpg
278KB, 1200x1744px
>>139902170
>harem?
Yes.
>romance?
Somewhat
>an actual fucking ending?
One word: Gainax.

Expect emotional whiplash, goes from stupid-silly to tearjerker and back multiple times an episode.
>>
>>139899580
Anohana
>>
>>139902480
You finished the entire 2 seasons? To be honest, I love it... but I think you aren't completely wrong, I DO skip certain episodes when I rewatch it. It's a comedy anime for a part and a heart touching episode (usually with Ushio). I don't really care about anythign else
>>
>>139899580
>emotionally manipulative
Is this /v/'s new "forced drama" meme?
>>
>>139902619
>Gainax ending
My heart might not take it...

I'll think about it

>>139902809
Luckily, the entire thread disregarded it so OP lost
>>
>>139902683
Yeah, watched both. A lot of people hyped Clannad up for me, so admittedly, I went in with really high expectations.

>heart touching episode (usually with Ushio)
Frankly, I didn't really get very invested in the characters so a lot of the sad/heartouching moments didn't really affect me (i.e. Nagisa and her death). I will say that Ushio's death was done well though, but I found myself rolling my eyes at most of the other sad moments, especially that "field of feels" episode. That said, I know a lot of people are emotionally attached to it, so they defend it to death. For that reason, I try not to get so critical about it. If you like, then you like it, whatever dude. So do a lot of people.
>>
>>139900054
Con his defense the girls in pretty much any KEY work are damaged or outcasts of some kind. So despite how nice, cute, gorgeous or virtuous they are their chances with normal guys are actually pretty low. Making a bit more plausible they fall for quirky and cinic but kindhearted MC.
>>
>>139903154
Ah, yes, if you don't get attached to the characters (they aren't well written, relatable, etc), of course. I wasn't a fan of every character myself.
It is of course HIGHLY MELODRAMATIC. All of Key's work is. Sometimes you sympathize and sometimes you won't. Nothing past that. Clannad is simply the best: very funny, bro moments, best girls (probably), etc. But it's really just over the top occasionally. Get drunk and you'll emphasize better, but not everyone is like that. But so yea, we agree to agree.

But now you have to pick best girl.
Tomoyo
>>
>>139899854
>>139899580
OP you should of just said how much you hated clannad so people don't get confused about the true purpose of this thread.
>>
>>139899580
Why do people even like this show? It's only watchable if you drag through the boring first season, (and if your still watching) you get some retarded melodrama. Animation is nice, as expected of Kyoani, but visuals do not make an anime good.
>>
>>139904070
Humor, interesting characters, some good scenes and story.
You can skip episodes as well or just see certain scenes. Lots of great badass scenes too.
>>
I started rewatching it yesterday and could barely make it through the opening scene without breaking down
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.