[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many more years will it take before 3d anime actually looks good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: jack o.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jack o.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
How many more years will it take before 3d anime actually looks good?
>>
Ram > Elphelt > Jack-O
>>
>>139850510
>>
File: 2a62fccd0bc874bae5db871c1fb1f013.jpg (202KB, 1570x577px) Image search: [Google]
2a62fccd0bc874bae5db871c1fb1f013.jpg
202KB, 1570x577px
>>139850510
never ever. Xrd's models aren't as high quality as you think there is just some amazing lighting work being done to it
pic related is the actual model, Xrd once the lighting engine is in, and Revelator with the new engine. could only get a youtube grab for the last one

not possible for anime to maintain this kind of lighting detail in all sorts of situations at different times and enviorments
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 512x288px
They can make it look good now
But that would entail exerting more effort and/or spending more money which would defeat the purpose of using 3DCG in the first place
Most studios just animate the 3d models and then lower the framerate

In Guilty Gear Xrd each frame is treated as a keyframe
The poses and shading and model deformation in each frame is done manually as to achieve a hand drawn look

http://youtu.be/yhGjCzxJV3E
>>
>>139850819
Xrd doesn't use global lighting on characters though.
>>
>asking a question like this when Etotama exists
>posting a /v/ image

the crossposting is too real
>>
I'd say they're gonna need about three and a half.
>>
>>139850510
When Euclid finally got out of beta we'll get a noticeable improvement.

Then it'll stagnate for a while before crossing the uncanny valley.
>>
File: Bubuki-3-31.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bubuki-3-31.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
3d anime now-a-days isn't bad. It's all about the budget. Knights of Sidonia looked like trash, but Bubuki didn't look half bad despite the rest of the show being liquid dogshit.

The problem isn't that there are 3d anime, the problem is when people stick 3d in 2d anime and try to pretend we can't see.
>>
>>139850623
Milia > Ram > Elphet > Jack-O
>>
>>139850819
>there is just some amazing lighting work being done to it
Other than the cel-shading bias based on a colour channel of RGB, the lighting solution is very standard.
It's a combination of numerous factors such as detailing via point-filtered texture through UV map, their normal direction + bias vertex colour system and their frankly absurd bone based deformation system which allows for the model to change dramatically to match 2D 'imperfections' within a 3D space.

Takes them at least a month to create and animate just one character, the work involved is just simply too much for CG studios on a tight budget.
>>
>>139854075
I thought they said it's like 4 months per character, not 1.
>>
>>139854128
They said that at first it took that long, but they've sped the process up since then. Ergo, 'at least one month'.
>>
>>139850510
The main problems are the frames per second and the model animation.
until they keep using TV sized budgets, its not gonna look good.
cheap CG is shit as much cheap drawings
>>
>>139854150
They sped up only because they have completed models akready.
>>
>>139852154
I think they just copied Xrds style for certain scenes to make them look 2d when its a 3d image.
Thats why sometimes it looks jerky and other times it looks smooth, so the overall impression is better. There was a lot of distorted faces that looked rather 2d and the action scenes looked more jerky like usual.
Obviously there was additional techniques and shit but they could have done it 2D anyways I think they just chose 3D.
>>
>>139850623

Ram>Dizzy>Millia>>>>>Everyone else

Ram>every fighting game girl full stop

Apart from in actual gaming tiers. She's useless to play as now.
>>
>>139850819

God, the model without lighting looks like shit, why don't they do this to the KoF? GG is one of the most gorgeous games right now just because of the magic they did on the models
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.