[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching Rurouni Kenshin for the first time since it aired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 4581871-o_00.jpg (22KB, 580x438px) Image search: [Google]
4581871-o_00.jpg
22KB, 580x438px
>watching Rurouni Kenshin for the first time since it aired on Toonami when I was a kid
>get to season 2

I have never seen such a massive jump in quality between two seasons of an anime before. Great moments with the writing and a much higher budget. The only thing keeping the fight between Kenshin and Saito from being perfect is the expository dialogue from the side characters which just explain the obvious, but that kind of just goes with the territory of 90s anime. This is really impressive.

Is any of season 3 worth watching, or should I stop completely after the Kyoto arc?
>>
>>139809586
s3 kinda filler, you oughta read the manga now that you have a sense of the cinematics from the anime, its good source material
>>
>>139809586
>>139811050
>yfw they'll never animate the Jinchuu Arc
>>
>>139809586
>side characters which just explain the obvious
that is what side characters do anon. If they didn't we would forget that they exist

Kyoto is just filler, however hopefuly if kenshin is ever get the brotherhood treatment we will see the final ark animated
>>
>>139812198
They did in one movie or another, with Enishi tearing Kenshin apart with his super nerve powers. They changed it so much that it might as well be fanfiction, though.
>>
File: sakabaito.png (74KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
sakabaito.png
74KB, 625x626px
>>139811050
>s3 kinda filler
>>
>>139812251
>Kyoto is just filler

We thinking of the same arc here?
>>
>>139809586
>Is any of season 3 worth watching, or should I stop completely after the Kyoto arc?
just stop after kyoto arc and watch the tsuiokuhen ova
>>
>>139812638
sorry meant to say after
>>
>>139812891
I watched the prequel and epilogue OVAs many years ago. I remember the former being pretty good but my memory is fuzzy on everything except the ending of the latter. How is it overall?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.