[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Griffith really deserve the hate? I understand how Guts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

File: Berserk_v34c301p22.png (296KB, 931x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v34c301p22.png
296KB, 931x1400px
Does Griffith really deserve the hate? I understand how Guts is so pissed about it, but why people think he is a villain?
He is uniting supernatural and natural and destroying borders, he is the anti-Trump of mangas.
inb4 you just like a ladyboy
>>
>>139794598
Why do you make this thread every day? Griffith is garbage.
>>
>>139794598
It's funny how in real life and any other work of fiction (that isn't garbage), rape alone is enough to rightfully villainize someone. But Griffith has done so many bad things that the rape isn't even a big deal compared to the rest.
>>
>>139794598
It's a question of wether the outcome is really worth the cost, which it isnt. So let's say your bestfriend demon rapes the love of your life (which didn't even need to happen) and leaves you for ever branded to be chased by said demons...You'd be pretty fucking pissed to and sp would anyone who hears the story.
>>
>the anti trump of mangas
Libcuck get the fuck out. How is this a good thing?
>>
File: guts_by_z0h3-d6bg4bm.jpg (147KB, 900x608px) Image search: [Google]
guts_by_z0h3-d6bg4bm.jpg
147KB, 900x608px
>>139794598
>>139794598
>Does Griffith really deserve the hate
FUCKING

YES
>>
>>139794805
I understand Guts feelings. I don't get the hate that comes from most people. I hated him a lot until the transfiguration, he is doing some weird shit that doesn't look wrong at all. Trying to change the terrible world that they inhabited.

>>139794691
I don't, I'm a lurker that decided to post, I still didn't see any real justification for it.

>>139794785
What he did so wrong besides rape and using the band of hawk to achieve his dream? I would sacrifice tons of things just to get my dream done if it was for the better good mate.
>>
>>139794872
It was a little joke, calm down.
>>
>>139794598
Yes, definitely.
>>
yee
>>
>>139794889

He turned the entire world into the dark kind of fairy tale except for one tiny little city state region just so he could play king of the castle.
>>
>>139794785
It isn't rape if she enjoyed and always dreamed about it.
>>
>>139795058
In a world that people were raped, brutalized and killed for no reason didn't change a lot. Guts mom was hanged while pregnant for fucks sake, what bad did he truly do?
>>
>>139794598
he deserves the hate
it's not exactly going to continue being a paradise world OP
but what do I know, the ending could just be Guts faced with the decision of killing Griffith, which would ruin the perfect world all because of pride and revenge, since the series is just a spiral of hopelessness
>>
>>139795125
I still wonders if Guts will make a pact so he can face Griffith 1:1
>>
>>139795104

He made everything a million times worse. Because before you were only in danger occasionally. But now you are never safe unless you make the perilous journey to Griffith land, where you run the risk of becoming the plaything of demons who revel in suffering, who want nothing more than to rebel and destroy even that little pocket of safety. Based on the history in the books, this has already happened once before. Once Falconia falls, if the monsters don't somehow magically go back to their own plane of existence, humanity will face extinction except maybe for those magically gifted few who already operated in the margins and those few who get collected as minions for the apostles. Griffith made things worse.
>>
>>139795291
Is there more material than the manga? Because in the manga things looks way better. Now most apostles and humans can get together and coexist. The only problem I see is the demon troops that need human meat.
>>
>>139795058
Don't forget that will change too, I bet the people living in Falconia are going to get utterly fucked.
>>
>>139795181
I don't think Guts ever will use it
I'm hopeful it will end up in the hands of Rickert
I don't know why, I just want to see Guts faced with having to kill him or maybe he could be the first person that Guts just can't kill and he ends up going limp, leaving someone else to have to protect Guts

>>139795291
this.
He looks like a hero only because nobody knows it was him who fucked the entirety of the world up, except for Falconia. If someone like Stalin fucked up the entire world and nobody knew it was him, but then let everyone live with him in his paradise of a village that was unharmed, mutants or humans alike, then people will think he's a hero, even if you need to crawl through the nuclear wasteland that Russia has become just to get there.

>>139795467
hoping for this
>>
File: BERSERKER.jpg (113KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
BERSERKER.jpg
113KB, 500x566px
>>139794598
HE THREW AWAY EVERYTHING HE WORKED FOR
HE MURDERED HIS FAMILY
HE RAPED CASCA
HE TOOK EVERYTHING FROM GUTS AND FORCES HIM TO CONTINUE LIVING IN HIS SHADOW
HE SPOKE TO GUTS AND PROTECTED CASCA AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED
HE DARED TO CALL HIS NEW GROUP THE BAND OF THE HAWK
AND WORST OF ALL, HE'S THE REASON WHY JUDEAU IS DEAD

GRIFFITH IS A MONSTER
>>
>>139795569
He gave Casca what she always wanted. A truly out worldly orgasm.
He call it the Band of the Hawk because he is the Hawk. They are his band, and he is the Hawk man.
Guts live in his shadows because he wants to, Guts could just go the fuck away and live with Casca. But he did take everything off Guts, that's true.
He didn't throw away everything he worked for, he actually made things go forth since he was a crippled bastard and the band would die out or just cease to exist without his charisma.
Judeau is dead because he didn't struggled hard enough like Guts. He accepted his fate in order to save Casca, his struggle was to be recognized as someone important to her. If he grasped the desire to be alive hard enough he would've survived.
>>
File: BERSERKER.jpg (357KB, 733x733px) Image search: [Google]
BERSERKER.jpg
357KB, 733x733px
>>139795778
I will fucking end you, you goddamn Griffith apologist piece of shit
>>
>>139795890
C'mon, if you were in his state with a strong enough conviction you would do the same. I know you don't have a strong conviction because we are posting on an anime image board.
>>
>>139795778
Griffith apologists are mentally ill.
>>
>>139795979
I just don't see where he is wrong besides of the bullshit he did to Guts. Guts has all right to do what he do.
If you hate Griffith is because you have strong enough connection to the main character, only that.
>>
File: Guts' rage.jpg (27KB, 332x218px) Image search: [Google]
Guts' rage.jpg
27KB, 332x218px
>>139795957
The Band was his family, and he just killed them like insects. Griffith is a monster, and you are a shitty Griffith apologist.
>>
>>139796025
Griffith did what he had to do for his dream, you can think its okay because this would be a waste of all the deads he had to use to get this far. Or think its an treatchery, and yes he's a traitor, but he betrayed his band, not his dream.
What is not acceptable at all was what he did to guts, raping casca and enjoying tearing appart all guts had. This is why griffith is a bad guy. He's a interesting character, but what he's did is unforgivable.
>>
>>139796168
I should have added that i would enjoy seeing guts tearing appart everything griffith worked for, because he deserve it. Griffith is a sociopath douchebag, but he's interesting and wasn't totaly evil once.
>>
>>139796168
Finally someone with a good argument. Yeah you could say he was brutal to Guts, but that justify the hate he receives? He is not the worst person in the story at all. He stayed firm to his convictions and sacrified everything so he could get on track to achieve his dreams. He was lost because of his homo passion towards Guts, he needed to do that in order to go back on track. I also don't think he did what he did because of evil or anything like that, he felt despair. Put yourself in his place, the torture was not only physical and mental pain, it was soul shattering, it was truly despair. He could not even eat or do anything alone, he would be miserable for the rest of his life.
The kind of feeling he had you can only see it when you feel worthless and useless towards life.
>>
>>139794598
>he thinks Griffith will bring good

Even if that was the case, I seriously asked myself this question. Sacrificing the hawks in order to establish the greater good would be understandable, but Griffith is evil. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have raped Casca because that was unnecessary. I hope this act will be a plot element which will fuck him back in the future if we live to see it
>>
>>139794598
>he is the anti-Trump of mangas
So he is evil. Thanks for clarifying that.
>>
>>139796371
I once was cheated by my gf and I truly wanted to fuck the dude up by doing crazy shit in front of him. Or a dude that was a bully in school, I wanted to rape his gf in front of him.
Yeah it is terrible and unexcusable, these kind of feelings do come from surface depending on the circumstance. Obviously I would never do something terrible, but when you feel angry enough or you get the bad end of the stick all the time you get these things moving inside you. Now imagine your bro being with the girl that looked up to you while you are a useless small bit of flesh, she don't want to sleep with you anymore and your bro (that once thought you were the shit) now have pity on you. Enough pity to drop his dream just so he can take care of you.
Fuck that's bad, also if you love that bro you would feel so ashamed that hate could probably be mixed into those emotions.
>>
>>139796420
I'm not american but Trump does sound pretty evil mate. I'm not a lib, but the dude is just the extreme end of bs.
>>
>>139796513
Griffith brought this on himself. The fact he lusts for Guts doesn't excuse him
>>
File: image_4.jpg (268KB, 740x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
268KB, 740x1100px
>>139796564
He is evil, anyone that says otherwise is a dank memer, just as you are, filthy fucking Griffith apologist.
>>
>>139796566
Don't excuse but makes it understandable. He felt cheated because the thing he loved most besides his dream, he couldn't have it. Guts left him when nobody ever did that.
I hate everyone that did that, all the people I did nice things that utterly disappointed and cheated on me, I hate them.
I can understand the man. He did wrong to Guts, but what he did wrong besides that man? I can't see anything.
>>
>>139796645
Just give me reasons man, you're just posting memes and saying I'm wrong. This will not make me see where you are right.
>>
>>139794598
Griffith is literally a puppet of the God made out of evil, whose coworkers intentionally spread plague and discord so that Midland's population can be brought under Griffith's control more easily.

We KNOW that apart from Guts, witches, Skullknight and agents who Guts interacts with, everyone is just a leaf floating on the stream of causality.
I.e. Griffith included.

The Idea told Griffith to do as he pleases BECAUSE the Idea already knows that what Griffith pleases will suit the Idea just fine.
The Idea has known what Griffith wanted since Griffith was an infant and has been arranging the path for griffith to take the whole time.
>>
>>139796653
He did wrong to everyone who trusted him, and in particular Guts and Casca. I understand his reasons, but I'll never forgive him and I hope his end will be hard enough for him to begin to regret it
>>
File: Berserk.jpg (58KB, 330x480px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk.jpg
58KB, 330x480px
>>139796687
I HAVE YOU FUCKING MEMER, BUT YOU'RE DELUSIONAL
>>
>>139796513
If Gutts were in that situation you know that Gutts would kill himself rather than be a life-long burden to his friends.
>>
>>139796687
Can you stop shitposting, you're not discussing anything. Shouldn't you be doing something?
>>
File: 03.png (90KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
90KB, 500x390px
>>139796806
>Gutts
>>
>>139796733
Oh yeah, the Idea, forgot about that.
So the Idea didn't account for Guts because he cheated destiny by being born out of death?
Does this makes Griffith bad or makes Idea bad? If Griffith is a puppet without a will on his own he isn't to blame. He just a tool.
>>
>>139796806
Alright.
I can agree pretty strongly to this.
You have a very fuckin strong point here.
>>
File: Guts.jpg (113KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Guts.jpg
113KB, 600x300px
>>139795957
Just because Griffith had the will to murder all those that cared for him and trusted him, even those who put their lives on the line to break him out of the cell that had been his home for an entire year, doesn't make what he did right by any means. Those people had lives and dreams, Gaston wanted to run a clothing shop and live peacefully in Windham, Corkus likely wanted to recreate the band of thieves that was taken from him before Griffith even branded him and everyone else a sacrifice.
No one there gave their lives willingly, they fought and screamed and ran. Pippin fought because he never gave his life to Griffith. Judeau ran away with Casca because he didn't want to die. Griffith decided for them, and that alone proves how much of a fucking monster he is. Fuck Griffith, and fuck Griffith apologists.
>>
File: Guts13.png (399KB, 1182x555px) Image search: [Google]
Guts13.png
399KB, 1182x555px
>>139797610
I guess the counterargument to that is that the Band on the Hawk had already given their lives to Griffith when they joined.

From what I remember, the Bonfire of Dreams speech covers this. Yes, everyone has dreams of their own, however they preferred to be part of something bigger, which was Griffith's dream. Every battle they fought was not just for themselves, but for Griffith also.

You say Griffith decided for them, but that was what Griffith had been doing all along. He was their commander and had to make dangerous calls every time they went into battle. I guess in some sick and twisted way to eclipse was kinda like that, him making a tactical call.

However I don't believe what Griffith did was 'right', though I understand why he did it. That's what makes him a very interesting character.
>>
>>139798720
>No.139796168
>No.139796168
I think we have the same vision here anon.
>>
>>139799031

>>139799031
>>139796168
*now with correct link
>>
File: 1455313291540.png (15KB, 655x214px) Image search: [Google]
1455313291540.png
15KB, 655x214px
>>
>>139794598
Depends what you think is evil, if you think humanity shaping the world based on their own suppressed based desires is evil, then Griffith fits that definition since it's what he was bred to do.

Griffith sacrificed his comrades, but to ensure the dream they fought for didn't die out. He raped Casca to spite Guts, in revenge for ruining him.
>>
>>139799599
Except guts they was only his subordinate indeed,
for the sacrifice >>139796168
but the rape? dude... griffith did it just to fuck up guts, that's a nonsence to justify this.
Or maybe you just baiting. Well then here your (you)
>>
>>139796357
>He stayed firm to his convictions and sacrified everything so he could get on track to achieve his dreams.
Why is that admirable when his dream was just to be a royal and have his own castle? His goal isn't world peace or to create a better environment for his men, his goal is to reach the highest station his can, and he surrounds himself with people not to bring them along with him into prosperity, but to use them as stepping stones and sacrificial lambs. There's nothing commendable about sticking to your guns when your only goal is personal gratification at everyone else's expense.
>>
File: themissingpanel.jpg (283KB, 728x1147px) Image search: [Google]
themissingpanel.jpg
283KB, 728x1147px
No
Dindu nuffin
Good boy
>>
It's Guts fault for the beginning anyway. If only he's not selfishly leaving Hawk when they are just reach the peak.
>>
>>139800266
I think the effort put into it and the conviction are very commendable. Most people I know don't have courage to do the simple sacrifices needed to get what they want, he is a strong person.
>>
>>139801251
No, it's Griffith's fault for throwing a tantrum and having sex with the princess (and then getting caught) when Guts left.
Maybe if every one of Griffith's strategies didn't completely revolve around Guts killing half of whatever army they're fighting, he would have taken things better.
>>
File: innocent.jpg (261KB, 728x1123px) Image search: [Google]
innocent.jpg
261KB, 728x1123px
He is bringing peace to the world.
>>
>>139794598
Yes he deserves.
>>
>>139795778
you're great
griffith will always live in my heart even if murdered by gutts
>>
>>139796645
Such a nice man, helping the boy out
>>
File: 1419748062645.png (380KB, 1024x630px) Image search: [Google]
1419748062645.png
380KB, 1024x630px
>>139794598
>destroying borders
Tell me more about this
>>
>>139806124
shut up you venomous witch
>>
What chapter was it that the fairy asked if Guts dick could fit on her?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.