[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Erased

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: ersed.jpg (106KB, 559x770px) Image search: [Google]
ersed.jpg
106KB, 559x770px
Just finished watching it

Oh my goodness. I loved it, but i was hella pissed about how he didn't get his childhood love.

Im still upset about it.

what do you think?
>>
>>139696015
>his childhood love.
I want this meme to end.
>>
>talked to her for 2 weeks back in 5th grade
>childhood love
>>
>>139696015
There's already a thread here.
>>
>>139696015

He never actually showed any romantic feelings towards her.

Is it really that hard to believe that he just wanted to be friends?
>>
I swear to god these posters the most autistic people I've ever heard. It's like they didn't even go to primary school, have a short crush and then moved on.
>>
>>139696015
fuck off anime fags, Kayo was sole girl in the manga for over a year after that second time in the future. You dealt with it for a few weeks between episodes

Get your shit together
>>
>>139696015
Go to the archives. Read every thread related. Then come back if you have any questions.

Thanks, peace be with you.
>>
>>139696015
It is a bad show for one immediate reason and I don't know why people aren't even calling out on it especially since the author broke a very basic tenet in storytelling.

The author never explained what Satoru's powers was about, how he got it, how he uses it, how it gets to activate it, when, etc.

A major mechanic in the show that was never explained at all.
>>
>>139696631
And it was better left unexplained
>>
>>139696529
They're perma virgins that want to self insert.
>>
File: 1368399028776.png (176KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1368399028776.png
176KB, 420x420px
>>139696631
What would knowing have added to the plot? It's not like there could ever be a "realistic" explanation for somebody being able to leap through time.

Is Haruhi shit because it never explains how Kyon becomes a god?
>>
>>139696631
I don't see how making a bullshit reason to explain an impossible phenomenon would make the story better.
>>
>>139696775
It's like the uncanny valley.

If it's close enough to real life with just a few strange things, they need to be explained properly. The more fantasy you go, the less you need to explain stuff.
>>
>>139696882

He gained it from his mother's lips obv
>>
>>139696631
It's simple. You get to roll back time as many time as you want when someone near you dies.
>>
>>139696932
It was one character with one ability that you understood as much as the protagonist.

If other characters showed up with powers I would have agreed, but it's just Satoru.
>>
>>139696631
Yup. It's why Groundhog's Day is so widely panned as a shit movie.
>>
>>139696775
Because the story isn't a full on fantasy world. It is still grounded in reality. It has to be explained, or else you're just creating an unnecessary plot device. It wasn't a comedy. It was a full-on mystery show.
>>
>>139696529
I swear to god it's like people didn't even time travel to save a single girl during the exact same year Tienanmen square happened.
>>
>>139696631
Things like these never get explained and when people try they usually end up using some standard brabble about quantum physics without understanding what they're talking about. That's why it's better to just say that characters have ESP powers, can teleport or shit like that without any explanation. It's only a plot device anyway.
>>
>>139697860
A serial killer waiting that long isn't realistic.
A mother waiting that long isn't totally unrealistic, but it's still quite unrealistic
Childhood friends paying your hospital bills is unrealistic
A teenager falling in love with a loser at her part-time job and somehow being connected by fate is unrealistic
>>
>>139697860
But the ability was never connected to the mystery.
And the mystery was fucking obvious from episode 2.
>>
>>139696631
Anon you've been corrupted by too many shows and whatnot that normalize magic and turn it into something quantifiable and explainable. Magic and shit work really well when they have mechanics that aren't explained to the audience, when things are kept mysterious. That said, supernatural shit like that still needs to have internally consistent rules, even when those rules aren't made clear to the audience.
>>
>>139697974
And it was a shitty plot device. See, the time travel whatever triggered because he wanted to save his mother right? Then that plot device could have just put him back a day before it happened, when they were in the supermarket.

Instead it goes back to, I forgot what year again, JUST SO the author can say to the audience "Boom, why here?" Then it wasn't even actually explained why it needed be there for the mother. It was changed to, I need to save someone else. The real, raw motivation was changed.

>>139698313
>That said, supernatural shit like that still needs to have internally consistent rules, even when those rules aren't made clear to the audience.
This is just what I mean. There was no fucking consistency to the point that it made no sense at all.

I'm not saying everything has to be explained down to such a quantifiable manner. I'm just saying if you're gonna put something in a story, whether it's a plot device or an item, or whatever that you were waving in front of the audience, just make damn sure to pull the trigger on explaining why.

This is the reason why the story failed in the final parts. The story structure in the beginning was already flimsy as fuck. The author couldn't understand what to do anymore because he didn't solidify what his beginning was about.
>>
>>139697974
This is exactly why people are angry with the closure between Kayo and Satoru. The story just likes to be realistic for convenience .
>>
File: boku_dake_ga_inai_machi_ending.jpg (361KB, 1290x1765px) Image search: [Google]
boku_dake_ga_inai_machi_ending.jpg
361KB, 1290x1765px
>>139696015
>how he didn't get his childhood love.
But you are wrong, Mr.

He didn't have any romantic feelings for Kayo.
Their relationship was like that of father and daughter after all.

Airi was the obvious ship from the very start.
Even in anime, they didn't skip her romance sub-plot for ep.5-6.
>>
>>139698715

> Then it wasn't even actually explained why it needed be there for the mother

Because the mother saw another attempted kidnapping in the present and figured out who the culprit was back when Satoru was in school, so she was taken out.

Satoru's time shit took this to mean that undoing the kidnapping/murders in the first place will completely fix the problem of the mother being dead.

Also, it is shown that Satoru felt really guilty about what happened to Yuuki and Kayo back in the original timeline because he knew retrospectively that he might have been able to directly help them.

It's pretty clear over the course of the show he becomes more sympathetic to what's going on, as well as just a more kind person in general, so it's not hard to think that after a while he would grow to genuinely want to save the other victims in the case just because of his moral mindset.
>>
File: IMG_20160406_132036_1733.jpg (166KB, 819x869px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160406_132036_1733.jpg
166KB, 819x869px
>>139696015
Author fucking NTRd the audience
>>
>>139698313
That's why I believe in Sanderson's laws of magic.
>>
File: 3462377.png (67KB, 295x274px) Image search: [Google]
3462377.png
67KB, 295x274px
>>139699118
I love Airi's design. Everyone looks so fucking good in the anime.
>>
>>139699118
>Like father and daughter
Yeah because a father says things like "you're in the way" when his mother is sleeping between Satoru and Kayo. It's obvious what they wanted to convey between Satoru and Kayo. Airi and Satoru had a student teacher relationship if any. Obvious my ship my ass, she even constantly calls him Mr.Fujinuma in the manga.
>>
>>139699315
>Yeah because a father says things like "you're in the way" when his mother is sleeping between Satoru and Kayo. It's obvious what they wanted to convey between Satoru and Kayo.

He just wanted to tease his mom for a joke.
You take that seriously because you are a pedophile.
Do you understand that?
>>
>>139699158
That's why I'm saying the author should have solidified what Satoru's time shit was about in the beginning. If he solidified that part, then even when author made Satoru go far back in the past, or wherever it will still make sense while giving the audience a sense of "oh shit" wonder.

Actually it will make the audience go much more ballistic about it.

I get what you mean, I really do. The problem is that because of a flimsy plot device, it felt like the story was just winging it.
>>
>>139698715
>Then that plot device could have just put him back a day before it happened
>animeonly pleb
>>
>>139699118
>Airi Ending

This kills Kayofags.
>>
>>139697746
I was going to post this.

It's remarkable how shitty the movie became when I found out the actual reason for the time loop.
>>
>>139697746
>>139699917
Isn't Groundhog Day critically acclaimed?

So what was the real reason for the time loop there?
>>
>>139699579

I don't really mind that it's just a plot device, him being able to time travel as just a random phenomenon is reasonable enough given how unbelievable it is in the first place.

IMO nothing really would have been added if they gave a reason for it, because it's not really important, they could have had some offhanded line about how that blue butterfly thing was some magical entity or some shit and I wouldn't care, as it stands, the mechanics of how he time travels isn't the focus of the story like it is in say, Steins Gate, its just a miraculous thing that happens, and that's fine, it's not what I watched the show for.
>>
>>139696442
>Is it really that hard to believe that he just wanted to be friends?
Yes
>>
What was up with the butterfly in the end, tho? I heard that wasn't in the manga. Doesn't that sort of mean there could be a season 2 sometime in the future?
>>
File: 1457386931527.jpg (2MB, 1692x2502px) Image search: [Google]
1457386931527.jpg
2MB, 1692x2502px
>>139699118
I prefer the picture that shows it's a copy+paste of the ending to the Evangelion manga.
>>
>>139701064
Just symbolysm for destiny and shit
>>
>>139699987
That's the point he's making.

There was no real explanation, but Groundhog Day is almost unanimously loved.
>>
>>139701064
It means he won't have another Revival ever again.
>>
It's shit anon, watch some better anime than this crap called Erased
>>
File: 1443741110102.jpg (52KB, 470x647px) Image search: [Google]
1443741110102.jpg
52KB, 470x647px
https://youtu.be/PJQowqBGqjY
>>
>>139696015
Started strong but turned into shit. Wasted potential.
>>
>>139701497
But didn't the butterfly mean something terrible was about to happen? Isn't he going to "use" the Revival again?
>>
>>139701803
Revival is bullsthi and changes every episode
>>
>>139699987
>>139701452
The explanation was revealed in an interview several years later.

It was apparently a curse from an ex girlfriend.
>>
What was the connection between Kenya and sensei? Or was that just a red herring?
>>
>>139702489
Sensei was the viewer who went back in time to kill Kayo for being cold water on a romantic resolution.
>>
>>139702489
Just a red herring.

Or maybe the author wanted to have a subplot about Kenya being sensei's fucboi and getting him access to the victims but decided to not follow on it.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.