[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What anime beside Eva has a Pynchon vibe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: kaworu_shinji_02.jpg (82KB, 600x1031px) Image search: [Google]
kaworu_shinji_02.jpg
82KB, 600x1031px
What anime beside Eva has a Pynchon vibe?
>>
>>139676756
I don't know >>>/lit/
>>
GRANDAD [reading gravity's rainbow]: A man goes down the toilet?!?!?!?!?!? That's not what's supposed to happen in serious literature!!!

Freshmen about to have their minds blown including some hot girls [overhearing]: ?
>>
>>139676835
Epic metamodern tweet, you're the next Roggenbuck for sure.
>>
I've alway sthought about pynchon as like, history plus. History+. it's like yeah you've got your history (yawn) but then he wakes you up because you listen to the style of his prose, to the rhythms, to the voice, his voice, and it's like... old papa pynchon is back baby bangin his drum, he'll keep you awake through it, he'll guide you through this snoozer by throwin in a few twists and turns, hes like a old papa readin you a bedtime history book but he throws in some cool shit to keep you awake. every time you get sleepy, he spells "says" in a different way, a wrong way, and all of a sudden your jolted awake and your like, holy shit, can he do that? he can.
>>
>>139676756
Nothing like Pynchon
>>
File: 1452550748766.jpg (117KB, 592x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1452550748766.jpg
117KB, 592x1000px
>>139676756
Mawaru Penguindrum felt Pynchonesque when I watched it. Much more so than Eva, actually.
>>
>>139677128
Both have heavy Kabbala motifs. Both incorporate themes of shady, metaphysical conspirators behind the scenes of everything which occurs on a political, historic, and spiritual scale. Both involve overt Freud and Jung motifs. 'Instrumentality' in Eva operates off the same notion as Entropy, a major theme in GR. There are many passages in GR which describe a 'collective conscious.'

Here's a snippet from GR describing a retractable metropolis ala Tokyo-3:
>Travel here gets complicated—a system of buildings that move, by right angles, along the grooves of the Raketen-Stadt’s street-grid. You can also raise or lower the building itself, a dozen floors per second, to desired heights or levels underground, like a submarine skipper with his periscope...

Here's a snippet describing a giant white woman coming out the Earth in Japan:
>At the instant it happened, the pale Virgin was rising in the east, head, shoulders, breasts, 17° 36' down to her maidenhead at the horizon. A few doomed Japanese knew of her as some Western deity. She loomed in the eastern sky gazing down at the city about to be sacrificed.

Here's a snippet describing strapping a youth in an odd full-body plastic suit hooking into a large tubular device:
>The two, boy and Rocket, concurrently designed. Its steel hindquarters bent so beautifully ... he fits well. They are mated to each other, Schwarzgerät and next higher assembly. His bare limbs in their metal bondage writhe among the fuel, oxidizer, live-steam lines, thrust frame, compressed air battery, exhaust elbow, decomposer, tanks, vents, valves ... part of the vaporized oxygen is routed through Gottfried's Imipolex shroud. In one of his ears, a tiny speaker has been surgically implanted. It shines like a pretty earring.
>>
>>139676756
You couldn't have used a gayer picture, OP
>>
>>139678394
I'm gay.
>>
>>139678519
Are you coming on to me?
>>
>>139678549
No, I'm taken.
>>
File: 1446061995470.jpg (4KB, 146x144px) Image search: [Google]
1446061995470.jpg
4KB, 146x144px
>>139678603
o-oh.
>>
>>139676756
>see OP image and expect gay thread
>it's /lit/shit
Don't tease me like that, OP
>>
>>139679479
I fail to see the difference.
>>
>>139679479
/lit/ is pretty gay
>>
>>139676756
You can pynchon these nuts boy
>>
>>139676756
what's a pynchon
>>
File: 46996425_p1.png (2MB, 1433x2023px) Image search: [Google]
46996425_p1.png
2MB, 1433x2023px
>>139679479
welp
>>
In terms of motifs and themes Lain has a lot more in common with Eva than Pynchon does.
>>
paranoia agent
evanescence the animation
K-ON
>>
>>139680727
What is the symbolism behind Shinji looking like a nigger whenever he's next to Kaworu?
>>
Devilman
>>
>>139679663
This kek physically hurts my ribs
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.