[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joker Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 28

File: jokerkey.jpg (34KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
jokerkey.jpg
34KB, 283x400px
So, I just saw the first episode of this and it was fucking great. The series definitely has a lot of potential. Probably my AotS, or even AotY if it manages to keep the same quality along the way.

BASED Production I.G is back baby.

Anyway, what are /a/'s thoughts on it?
>>
>>139673642
Only the ending was interesting, the first half was boring as hell.
>>
I wish media would get with the times and depict texas holdem not 5 card poker, but I'll forgive it this time since the setting seems in the past.
>>
>>139673970

"Seems"?

It's set in 1937.
>>
>>139673642
First episode was okay, interesting show with a sort of Oshii feeling
>>
>Production I.G.
>Kenji Kawai
>Based Character Designs
>Period Piece Thriller
>No moeshit trash
>Adult characters

AOTS
>>
Interesting plot and setting so far but I wonder where they'll go with the show
>>
>>139674563
Honestly, I think that this show has all adult characters automatically make it stand out
>>
>>139673642
Looks like fujoshit to me. With a heavy dosage of NIPPON STRONG.
>>
>>139674906
*having
>>
>>139674947
>Oh, a full male cast
>It's fujoshit for sure

Also, there is a woman in this, a spy as well.
>>
>>139675008
Just take a look at the character designs. And with those uniforms everywhere it's pretty much fujoshit fetish fuel.

You're free to watch your fagservice shit but you should try to stop being in denial about what it truly is.
>>
Is this one of those shows praised exclusively on its merits of "not being in a high school" and "having adult characters"? Because honestly it looks really bad.
>>
>>139675144
Eh, it could go somewhere, but it could also not
>>
>>139675089
Did you watch the episode at least, m8?
>>
>>139675248
I'll call it a possible mid-season pickup then, judging by how it's going.
>>
>>139675421
I scrolled through it, saw ikemen everywhere. Then I saw strong Japanese WW2 soldiers with their katanas of death messing with some Gaijin caricature to know that I was watching shit I probably shouldn't bother with in too great detail.
>>
>>139674317
Could be a fake out and its actually some retro future setting. Ive seen crazier shit in anime.
>>
>IG
>Madhouse
>PA Works
FeelsGood.jpg
>>
>>139675502
>scrolled through it
Then shut the fuck up, moron.

Also, you're obviously going to see ikemen, it doesn't even have to do with fujo pandering. Anime, even media in general, has no real ugly characters. At most it has fat people and old people. Ugly characters are usually gag characters that are conceived to point out they're ugly.
>>
File: dfpgojg.png (453KB, 1268x718px) Image search: [Google]
dfpgojg.png
453KB, 1268x718px
We're they really that fucking deluded and arrogant that they thought there was no chance Japan could lose?

Did they never look at an atlas?

Are there any japs here that can confirm or deny?

There's Japs on /pol/, surely there must be Japs on /a/.
>>
>>139675502
>>139675089
It's a war anime, do you expect it to be cute girls glorifying americans instead? Avoiding it because of nationalism is reasonable but of course it's a fucking male cast in uniforms considering the setting. Anime characters are almost always decent looking by default, that isn't a flaw.
>>
>>139675865
>We're they really that fucking deluded and arrogant
Well I mean, yeah but it wasnt really their fault. They were pretty brainwashed by the Empire, like they literally thought their Emperor was an actual god until they lost and he was forced to say it was all a scam.
Also they didnt report that they were losing all over the pacific and no one knew, not even most military people, until the bombs fell.
>>
>>139675863
>>139675886
So you've never watched anything based on Urasawa's or Fukomoto's works I guess.

It doesn't surprise me that you think this looks good.

Certainly, I might as well be wrong, but my first impression tells me that this is complete fujoshit, which is why I said that it "looks like" it to me. Having watched anime for quite some time, my first impression rarely fails me.
>>
The premise is interesting enough, but it remains to be seen if they can pull it off.

>>139675865
"The war" refers to the Sino-Japanese war. World War II hasn't started yet.
>>
>>139675865
Japs on /pol/ and /int/ are almost exclusively Marines, English teachers and zainichi Koreans.
>>
>>139676014
So what you're saying is, America is the Greatest country on Earth?
>>
I thought it was going to be boring, but I liked it. The cliffhanger left me curious.

Didn't quite understand how the Joker Game played, though, what's the incentive of the people who peek? Why is it even called Joker game? This actually worries me a little bit, because it left me thinking the game was just a poor attempt at theming. And the show is named after the game.
>>
>>139676127
Yeah pretty much. We really did a number on people back in the day. although weve been pretty stupid since Vietnam.
>>
>>139676084
or Nisei nips who aren't from Japan.
>>
>>139676084
Why Marines? you mean US marines? Any particular reason?
>>
There's a live action series and a manga if you don't want to wait on the anime.
>>
>>139676340
The live action looks like shit and looks like it only had 1 MC spy.
>>
>>139676325
US Marines are still stationed in Japan because of conditions that were agreed upon in the American/Japanese WW2 treaty. Mainly in Okinawa I think
>>
>>139676409
Also it was a novel, not a manga.
>>
>>139676039
I don't mean you can't find counter-examples, all I'm saying is all pretty boys doesn't equal to fujo pandering. Most artists just don't draw ugly people, but it could also mean other things.

I personally didn't find it that jarring. Then again, I just finished watching Stride, so maybe in comparison no one seems like ukemen anymore.

Also, don't even pretend like Fukumoto can draw ukemen.
>>
I really wanted to like this and I just couldn't. It's amazing how two shows can come out a season apart set in about the same time period and be so vastly different in terms of quality. I was really hoping that this would be a little like Rakugo, but it pretty much sucked.
>>
>>139676039
That's funny because fujos love FKMT, and Monster gets a fair bit of fanart too.

Using fujos as a gauge for quality is absurd. They can, and will, be fans of anything that involves male interaction. Their interest can easily indicate absolutely nothing about a series contents except that there is more than one male.
>>
>>139676581
I keep hearing about Rakugo in this thread. What made it so good?
>>
>>139675544
It's literally "Imperial Japanese Spies: The Anime"
>>
>>139676895
Seconded. I don't get it either.
>>
>>139675865
Keep in mind this was a Lt from the Imperial Army, who were (more or less) indoctrinated to not only die for their country (and take their own lives to do so if neccessary) but also believe in the ultranationalistic/imperialistic "nippon stronk" attitude that was prevelant at the time.
>>
Are there spoiler posters for this anime?
>>
>>139676895
It's a really nicely directed romance drama with good characterisation
>>
>>139675886
>tfw no murrikan so i care shit
>>
>>139676895
Watch it and see for yourself. The pacing is perfect. The characters have depth in their simplicity. It's a very unique, mature show.
>>
>>139676895
It's just one of those shows that does just about everything exceptionally. Really nailed it, great story, great art, great everything. I hope you end up giving it a chance cause I think the only thing stopping people from liking it is actually trying it out.
>>
>>139675865
This anime setting is during the Sino Nip war
But i feel the need to point out that most if not all cunts previous to WW2 thought of themselves as in some way or another invincible
G. Brittain was all muh empire and we are invincible but let's be fair, even if they ended up in the winning alliance the germans made a number on their ground forces and the only reason they managed to avoid a full scale german invasion of their main islands was because germans were too busy in russia. Which is also the only reason the troops fighting in the desert didn't got slaughtered
Russia thought of themselves as also untouchable and ended up losing easily dozens of soldiers per german soldier they killed and had to resort to scorched earth which is always very damaging to oneself just in the hope of slowing down german movement.
Germans thought they would win and went pretty mad once they coudln't keep up all the fronts and started losing terrain even though it should have been obvious that facing Brittain (whith a similar amount of pop and a competent army), Russia (many times their pop) and a shitton of smaller nations that at the end of the day did add up quite a bit just to then find murrika (still rested and with much more pop than them + a relatively unexperienced but still competent fighting force that won a lot in being creative) jumping into it as well.
Nips at some point were supposedly studying the possibility of a land invasion over america, thought idk how seriously this was studied. But they ended up with a huge ass dick rammed up their asses
Italians thought their army was ready to fight alongside and against the top militaries of the time which ended up in a huge joke, not only in outdated weaponry but also in uneducated officers and disobedient soldiers
Murrika got out of it the most intact between having their civilians safe at home and entering the war with the germans already exhausted and the italians having shown themselves as useless.
>>
>>139678385
continuing, the funniest of them all was France which had been a main actor in the 1st WW and found themselves to be completely unable to even properly stand to the german offensive, outdated more in their tactics and strategic thinking than anything else they expected yet another trench war just to get overrun in record time
>>
File: 1459097865378.jpg (29KB, 210x315px) Image search: [Google]
1459097865378.jpg
29KB, 210x315px
MC should have planted some false evidence.
>>
>>139678692
This was what I thought was going to happen almost immediately.

Maybe the kid's smirk is because they already did, and they're just playing on MC
>>
>>139679003
>>139678692
Pretty sure its going to be a last minute reveal. I dont imagine the spy squad wants to look like fools. However, with the "joker game" mentioned in the first episode i expect the spies already knew they were being set up so its possible the the planted evidence will link to someone in central command as the spy squads counter attack.
I would like to see something clever happen but my gut tells me it will be rather simple, worthless planted evidence will be found and the whole incident will be a lesson for MC (just like the poker game), but he will reject it and this pattern will continue throughout the show with ever increasing complexity.
>>
>>139678385
>G. Brittain was all muh empire and we are invincible but let's be fair, even if they ended up in the winning alliance the germans made a number on their ground forces and the only reason they managed to avoid a full scale german invasion of their main islands was because germans were too busy in russia. Which is also the only reason the troops fighting in the desert didn't got slaughtered
Don't forget the winning Battle of Britain.

And there was no way an Operation Sealion would have been successful in any way with the Royal Navy guarding the UK.
>>
>>139678692
Coward.
>>
>ask if they searched a place that they most likelly didn't, go inside to check, plant evidence, call them out on their usefullness and beat them half to death on the spot
>request to be sent somewhere else the next morning
purofito
>>
>>139679966
Sakuma pls
>>
>>139679809
Gordon-san did nothing wrong.
>>
>>139678530
>Singling out the French when the BEF failed just as spectacularly
And no, they were not expecting another trench war. The intention of the Maginot Line was to facilitate a war of maneuver, and it was in the war of maneuver that the BEF and French Army failed.
>>
I see that the only place watch this anime will be MAL.
and ANN
>>
>>139680934
don't forget /pol/
>>
File: takagi masao.jpg (75KB, 702x960px) Image search: [Google]
takagi masao.jpg
75KB, 702x960px
completely Fujo-Design
>>
>>139676778
Shhh don't try to reason with someone using buzzwords.
>>
>>139673642
Definitely AOTS no doubt
>>
>>139681286
The season so far has been very surprising, maybe we get something even better.
>>
File: wee.gif (10KB, 146x133px) Image search: [Google]
wee.gif
10KB, 146x133px
>>139673642
>>139681286

>Calling anime of the year after only one episode
>>
>>139681286
Haifuri, Unhappy, and Flying Witch haven't aired yet.
>>
>>139681361
None of the stuff you said is in my to watch list. Damn you have shit taste.
>>
>>139681411
Hey /v/.
>>
>>139681456
Something wrong with me not liking your generic trash?
>>
>>139679809
Simple actually, the evidence was hidden right beneath the emperor portrait where no MP dare to touch. As for why those spies leave it unsearched till last minute is unknown, maybe just for laugh and giggle at the army dog.
>>
>>139673642
Jesus Christ that first EP was tense as fuck. Definitely AOTS. I don't even care that it's fujobait
>>
>>139679966
It's funny because that's literally what Japanese military through about their clandestine operatives and intelligence groups in general. Historically, no one ever listened to them because MUH HONOR was far more favored.
>>
File: jg.png (2MB, 500x2779px) Image search: [Google]
jg.png
2MB, 500x2779px
>>
>>139682206
Why are fujobait shows the best shows
>>
So it was a ruse aimed at agency that turned into a ruse aimed at mc?
>>
I'm not getting how this is fujobait. Can you call it bait if fujoshi just happen to like it or doesn't it need to actively court them with homosexual acts?
>>
voice acters for Fujo
>>
>>139682402
Anime with a large male cast usually target female otaku since there's nothing for the male. Fujos don't really need the male cast to "act" or be gay, the interaction and relationship between the male characters are the main draw. So far there doesn't seem to be any blatant fujobait.
>>
>>139682678
>so far
You kidding? They were talking.
I can almost hear fujogears grinding.
>>
>>139682678
>numbers of male and female characters decide who the anime is aimed at

Really? You'd think anime itself has some merit and not who you're jack off to.
>>
>>139682678
>usually target female otaku since there's nothing for the male.
Please.
>>
>>139682750
>>139682794
No? Haremshit is obviously for male otaku.
>>
Nippon did nothing wrong: The Anime
>>
>>139682794
This is why Akagi and Kaiji are 100% fujoshit.
>>
>>139673642
Just watch the first episode too. it was fucking great.
>>
>>139681286
You mean FSOTS: TNDNW
>>
>>139681286
Can't say AOTS yet, but from this episode alone it certainly has kept my attention more than any other series this season.

This season alone is better than 2015 in its entirety.
>>
>>139673970
Texas is shit, because there is too much information is public and not enough private information.

The entire appeal of poker is the way the asymmetrical information distribution, if you shift that further towards the players, it gets more exciting. Seven card with 3 open/4 closed is the best poker game.
>>
Is showa jidaigeki fujoshit the savior of anime?
>>
http://myanimelist.net/anime/31405/Joker_Game/characters

>3 main characters listed, none of them is Sakuma
now i'm worried
>>
File: 1459892180071.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459892180071.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>139683423
Sakuma is going to die in the next episode.
>>
>>139683474
nah, he just called them cowards, fucking with him is ok, but making him kill himself? nah
>>
>>139683474
Coward
>>
>>139683423
He's there just to show the distinction between the spies and regular army. He'll survive this though, just to be sent to die at the frontline
>>
>>139683569
Kill yourself
>>
>>139683595
you first Miyoshi.
>>
>>139681356
It's /v/, anon. If it's about something serious, it's automatically their AOTY.
>>
>>139682678
The designs look like fucktarded sameface and the palette looks awful. No way am I watching this shit.
>>
You sound like a redditor, OP.
>>
>>139676182
One of them got a pack of cigarettes out of it. You don't really need any incentive. It's a game they do for fun.
>>
Which episode does Kaminaga get rape?
>>
This, Jojo and Hero Academia are the best shows this season so far. Wanna like RE Zero, seems like White Fox is putting some effort into it but it's too edgy, poorly written and directed so far.
>>
>>139673642
I expected it to be another one of those dumb ones but it surprised me. I like how realistic (?) it is.
>>
>>139678530
I read an essay by a french military historian and even he doesn't have a clear cut conclusion as to why the french head of state asked for an armistice even though the army never got to fight and still had moves to try. To this day, it's still not clear. Also the french army wasn't any more obsolete than the german army, this is false, nor did they expect a trench war, >>139680445 is right.
Now I know you come to the internet to shit on the french because it's funny and not necessarily to talk about the truth but still I thought I'd talk.
>>
>no cute girls
Trash, dropped.
>>
I'm waiting for the torture episode. There's this episode where they were ordered to torture a high school girl because she was suspected of treason with an older gentleman spy. They were like no way and the higher ups said yesware. Torture that bitch. Then they went to the point of bamboo in between the fingernails while water boarding. In the end they have to make it look like she died by serial killer. Her teacher got guilted like shit and confessed. The gang was like "See! How the fuck does a high school girl help an enemy spy? She's got curfew and stuff." It then cuts to 20 years later after WWII when her parents were told the truth. It's good shit the game.
>>
>>139684913
Good.
>>
>>139682304
I think the spy just wanted to play a little with the MC. I mean, the seppuku line was completely unecessary. But the MC is so serious he thinks he'll have to commit sepuku right here to save the agency's honor.
But it's okay because the spy most likely implanted false evidence already. They'll wait for the real police to come and find the false evidence.
Now I want to know if I'm right, gotta check the manga.
>>
>>139682304
That turned into gay sex.
After all, it's obvious that the enemy spy has the evidence shoved up his butt.
>>
Meh. Somehow expected something more but I guess Rakugo was an outlier.

I'll stop watching it and give it a few more episodes to pile up. But I honestly felt like the entire first episode was a complete trudge.
>>
File: RIP.png (2MB, 1721x1235px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
2MB, 1721x1235px
Spoilers at the online manga http://comic.mag-garden.co.jp/jokergame/
>>
>>139673642
I just saw the first episode and it seemed a little bit chuuni to me. Which is usually fine, but it was kind of off for the setting and presentation. Maybe that'll change when the spies are given more characterization beyond being kind of smug or quiet.
>>
the artstyle is terrible
fuck production IG
>>
>>139685806
Well, that sucks. I don't really get what was so obvious about it though. Were the japanese really so autistic that they wouldn't dare search the emperor's portrait?
>>
So they're trying to get Mr. Honorable Samurai to eat his words right?
I doubt they're plotting to kill him.
By the end of the episode it's obvious everyone is in this together against him.
>>
>>139685946
It's a sacred place for worship.
>>
Just watched the first episode. Amazing stuff, definitely a good change of shift from the usual recycled trash. Not that I mind the usual recycled trash.
>>
>>139686377
change of pace*
>>
File: richard sorge 01.jpg (51KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
richard sorge 01.jpg
51KB, 600x450px
They're probably going to plane the evidence, right?

Also this show needs to have a Sorge cameo, bonus points if he's a badarse antagonist.
>>
>not moeshit
>not harem
>not in a highschool
>no signs of fujoshit (yet)
This is going to be good.
>>
>>139685091
Was this in the books?
>>
>>139687253
>Implying there's any people here ever reads the book.
>>
Who's the director and writer?
>>
Oh god that weeab was cringe as fuck.
>>
>>139688113
at least the engrish wasn't that bad
>>
>>139673642
The one non-spy has some pretty bad writing, his hating of spies feels so forced.
>>
>>139688195
It's not actually forced at all. The Japanese military in WW2 really was trained to think like that.
Why do you think they fought so bloody hard?
>>
>>139688195
I swear there's no middle ground a lot of the time.

They're just too obtuse when trying to show a contrast.
>>
>>139688195
I can imagine him actually shouting YAMATO DAMASHII and charging into battle
my only problem is that why the fuck was he sent there when he fucking hates spies?
>>
>>139688237
>>139688346
I completely understand the entire "nippon stronk we can't lose suicide if captured" thing, it's his screaming about spies that seems so out of place. It's like >>139688285 said, the writing is just too obvious.
>>
>>139688346
>>139688424
He's there to provide the 'guy who doesn't know what's going on' so that the other characters can explain it to him, and in doing so, also explain it to the audience.
Him being clueless is acceptable when you realise that this enables you to understand what is going on.
>>
>>139688576
They could have started it off with a more in depth look at the spies' schooling and accomplished the same thing.
>>
have anyone mention that old guy pronunciation is actually pretty damn good compared to another shitty VAs trying to speak english

looking at you active raid
>>
>>139688620
Well, yes.
As a flowing narrative though it's probably more interesting to see what happens after they became superspies- or rather, a show about them becoming spies is a completely different show to one that's about spies in the wild.
>>
>>139688994
come on now, no one watched Active Raid, or would remember it for Engrish
at least say Zankyou no Terror, now that was some pure Engrish
>>
>>139688994
You want horrible Engrish example, you watch PP movie.
>>
>>139676182
>incentive
MC actually accidentally uncovers this, its because they do it because they think they can

The incentive to win Joker game is p much the same as the entire reason why they're spies
>>
File: based jags guy.jpg (39KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
based jags guy.jpg
39KB, 600x592px
>>139679809
desu they might also legitimately may have played the MC and they want to see if he'll really hara-kiri like he always goes on about, or if he'll abandon his hardheaded ways and will just bail on the operation. They don't need an Lt as brain-dead as the one they've got now tbqhwy
>>
>>139676182
Joker refers to the one that's singled out and couldn't find a partner to help him win the Poker game.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-05-21h20m40s052.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-05-21h20m40s052.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
ARE YOU WEARING SHOES ANON?
>>
Gordon is literally Ken-sama.
>>
When are we going to actually know each character's personalities? It's like they were all the same besides the samuraifag.
>>
>>139689508
They don't even know each other, so I wouldn't make a big deal of who's who.
>>
So what was the best course of action when a spy gets caught? I don't think they explained the answer in this episode.
>>
Can a LNfag spoil me? They want to kill Sousuke or scare him?
>>
>>139689574
I thought they trained together?
>>
>>139689730
Yeah but samurai was saying they don't know each other's names and deceive each other as a hobby.
>>
>>139689730
Fake names, fake identities, they don't know a thing about each other, other than their faces.
>>
File: 1449640343026.jpg (105KB, 915x915px) Image search: [Google]
1449640343026.jpg
105KB, 915x915px
>the japs are all nordic as fuck
I'm usually used to it but this time it stood out because it's set in the 30s or whatever. I bet if they show any other Asians they'll look mong as fuck too.
>>
>>139689792
The personalities would be fake too.
>>
I hate to think this show will flop hard but I fear it will.

I doubt a whole lot of nips are interested in being reminded of this particular point in their history. Especially when it's not filled with moe middle schoolers.

Also the mystery genre is inherently crippled with sales because who the fuck wants to watch on bluray a mystery you already know the ending of?

Prove me wrong, nips. I beg you.
>>
>>139689897
That too.
>>
>>139689909
It's not a mystery, it's a spy drama.
Totally different.
>>
>AOTS

That would be Re: Zero
>>
>>139679003
>>139679809

They're obviously killing off the lieutenant guy because he knows the identitiy of all the spies? The whole operation was from the get go a ploy to make him kill himself.
>>
>>139689959
>Groundhogsuba
I like it, but come on now.
>>
He's going to get some character develop and the spies will mellow him out enough that he'll survive WWII, right?

How far does the source material go, does it even hit WWII?
>>
>>139689954

There's definitely mysterious elements that are going to be in the show.

Who's siding whit whom, who can you trust, etc.

Mystery is an apt enough genre.
>>
>>139690278
>mellow him out enough that he'll survive WWII
He's the MC, I expect he'll become better than them.
>>
>>139690278
Alternative timeline, so there might be, there might not be. Case in point; by 1937 Japan was already VERY isolated internationally, the ABCD powers wouldn't have been discussing armament treaties with them.
>>
>>139690305
No, he's a side character where the story of this episode and some part of the next one is told from his POV.
>>
>>139690305
Wait, was he actually sent there to be a spy with everyone else?

I thought he was just a liaison between the agency and the military.

>>139690317
Oh, it's alternative history? Interesting.
>>
But, where are the cute girls ?
>>
>>139683474
faggots spies will probably save him before he does it. After all is the first mission for them and thye dont want to lose face
>>
What if Kasuma's COWARDS mentality was also a ruse?
>>
>>139690317
>>139690416
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_London_Naval_Treaty

They had that disclaimer claiming that some names had been changed, so they may be talking about this.
>>
>>139690471
You don't really need girls. Cute is what you need. And Miyoshi's got plenty of that. Hatano too.
>>
>>139690305
lmao why the hell do you think he's the mc? he dies next episode. the show is about one of the spies going undercover to uncover some secret documents, not some backwards thinking pencil pusher who would be stuck in an office for the rest of the series if he didn't end up dying next episode.

The commander and spy plotted together to create this scenario and they have many reasons to kill him off and 0 reasons to fuck with his head. A top secret agency doesn't do petty shit to fuck with some pencil pushers head, only 2 plausible scenarios existed for a spy to be involved in this mission: planting evidence or killing of the lieutenant.
>>
>>139690511
It was probably supposed to be that. But considering in 1937 Japan went balls deep into China, the thing was useless.

So they were all being played in the joker game
>>
>>139678385
After the WW2, Remaining German leaders and Britain simulated the invasion of Britain, and it was demonstrated to have been a complete failure for the Germans, as the Luftwaffe had no counter to the British Navy anti-air.
>>
>>139690286
Mystery is very specific and has very specific rules.
It's not just "dude something mysterious happened"
>>
I assume left will be the deuteragonist?

Are their ages known?

>>139690511
I thought the boss mentioned the Washington treaty instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Naval_Treaty#Japanese_denunciation
>>
>>139690622
Yeah, Miyoshi seems to be the other MC. His VA also appeared for the pre-screening.
>>
>>139675865
The propaganda and NIHON STRONK was so heavy in WW2 that the Japanese civilian population thought they were still going to win thanks to YAMATO DAMASHII even after they were nuked.

Read "Iroshima Diary" by Michihiko Hachiya (a physicist from Hiroshima who wrote in his diary what happened and what he did after the bombing). The page from september 28th (almost 1 month after) tells a lot:

>I wondered if there were any precedent of a nation suffering defeat while its people believed so firmly and were willing to endure any hardship?"

http://www.bookyards.com/en/book/details/16363/Hiroshima-Diary#
>>
File: my prince.jpg (6KB, 102x142px) Image search: [Google]
my prince.jpg
6KB, 102x142px
>>139690568
>he dies next episode
Fucking retard, next episode was already spoiled in this very thread.
>>
>>139690622
I thought Miyoshi was the protag though?
>>
>>139690622
He talked about Last year, and there is the disclaimer. They could have made Washington II instead of London II. Bt its seems to me that they are talking about London II and claiming that Japan walked out of the conference due to the Americans and Brits spying on them, instead of the Japs walking out because they don't want to adhere to any treaty.
>>
>>139690615
It wasn't the Royal Navy's anti-air defences but the Royal Navy in general.

You can't bring in enough forces to sustain an invasion with the Royal Navy preventing free access from the sea. And obviously the Luftwaffe can't sustain it from the air alone.
>>
>>139690722
The old man is the main protag.
>>
>>139690746
I think the disclaimer was a general thing given the time period, Night Raid had it as well.

The boss guy mentioned Washington and he didn't imply Japan walking out (unless I missed something) but them getting raped beforehand in Washington so everyone else knew their game plan.
>>
>>139690694
Goddammit, does Sousuke die or not?
>>
File: CcyX3atUYAErdUP.jpg (49KB, 600x842px) Image search: [Google]
CcyX3atUYAErdUP.jpg
49KB, 600x842px
>>139690859
Sakuma is his name.
>>
>>139690885
I prefer Sousuke.
>>
>>139691005
Stop it, Sousuke is the guy who drinks Rin's piss like Gatorade in my mind.
>>
>>139684764
>even he doesn't have a clear cut conclusion as to why the french head of state asked for an armistice even though the army never got to fight and still had moves to try
Simple, despite the military knowing that it wouldn't be another trench war, the new head of state was still stuck in WWI and was sure that it was gonna be a new trench war, completely ignored his military advisors since he himself was a WWI war hero with the highest military distinction and because of all that and was sure that were wasn't any alternative.
>>
>>139691005
Don't purposely get the character's name wrong if you expect someone to answer you.
>>
>>139684764
>>139680445
Not just that, but Hitler Blitzkrieg'ed through Belgium.

A risky maneuver that ended up paying off big time.
>>
>>139688994
No shit, for a second I thought I had downloaded some kind of dub.
>>
>>139691170
That might actually be it. Damn, that's fucking scary. I sure am glad this is behind us.
>>
>>139691177
So, does Sakuma die or not?
>>
>>139691317
We told you already.
>>
>>139691317
There's spoilers in the thread and a link to the online manga.
>>
>>139674350
>sort of Oshii feeling
I wish he came back and gave us another movie or show
>>
I hope they will continue with slow introduction.
When opening kicked in and in scene where they named characters I realised I can't tell half of them apart because of designs.
>>
>>139675089
fujoshi have better taste than Otaku scum at least
Psycho Pass had prettyboy character designs and was better than half the harem garbage airing around the time
>>
>>139691407
I know /a/ hates western live action with a burning passion. But go watch "Garm Wars: The Last Druid".

Canada can into fantasy-cyberpunk With the help of Mamoru Oshii and Production IG!
>>
>>139691523
I'll check it out
>>
It's an anime where guys wear fedoras and there are no cute girls.
Anime for plebbit, not us.
>>
File: harikari.jpg (171KB, 952x715px) Image search: [Google]
harikari.jpg
171KB, 952x715px
Just a prank bro
A psychological experiment
>>
>>139675544
Did you even watch the show?
It's in 1937. There's even a newsboy talking about the Second Sino-Japanese War.
>>
>>139690694

so they somehow spin it so he survives? Dropped after episode 1 then i guess. There are no believable scenarios where sakuma survives this, so the whole show will be a plot hole following this event.

Thank god the creators show themselves as completely inept this early on so I wont have to waste anymore time. guess the japs should just stick to their harems i guess.
>>
>>139692698
>There are no believable scenarios where sakuma survives this, so the whole show will be a plot hole following this event.
Right before he is going to kill himself, one of the spies says "Oh wait, we didn't check the emperor's portrait!" and says Sakuma ought to go check it.
The previous MPs didn't check the portrait because they didn't want to deface the image of the emperor, Sakuma is forced to because it's a matter of life and death, finds the evidence, and the other spies get to gloat and further bash on his nationalist ideals.
>>
>>139691441
Not just the design, except for Hatano they all share the same smug expression and the same body language. The suits don't help either.
Ikemen design is fine when you can vary the costumes/colors, add super deformed expressions, but it's highly innefective for such a show. A more realistic approach, kinda like Urasawa's, would have been a better choice. But I suppose they really wanted the fujo demographic, even at the cost of the legibility of the show.
>>
>>139691946
>its just a prank
>the absolute madman does it anyway
>>
>>139692786
>they all share the same smug expression and the same body language
I actually quite appreciated how the head spy actually walked with a gait/limp, instead of just walking like a normal dude with a cane. Based on his stances/how he walks it's obvious that he's leaning on the cane for support, instead of just having it around for no fucking reason.
>>
That feeling when gigolos will never teach you how to pick up chicks.

Why even Bond?
>>
>>139692762
>one of the spies
No, Sakuma did. He figured it out right when he was about to shove the blade in his abdomen.
>>
>>139692698
You're an idiot
>>
File: img_story_map.jpg (156KB, 820x800px) Image search: [Google]
img_story_map.jpg
156KB, 820x800px
Has this been posted?

Looks like it won't be told chronologically.
>>
>>139692847
I'm talking about the 8 spies, not the head spy. His design is the best out there.
I know it's hard to make distinctive designs for people that litteraly all came out of the same mold but reallly here it's like they didn't even try.
>>
>>139692977
I'll agree the 8 spies are hard to tell apart, but they do have some distinctive features, and they are supposed to blend in so having each looking distinct and easily identifiable wouldn't really be in the D-Agency's best interest.
>>
>>139692878
The very first episode wasn't chronological, what do you expect?
>>
>>139692977
>here it's like they didn't even try.
>so here's the spies
>we need to make them stand out of the crowd
>genius
>>
>>139692847
It's actually a ruse, his leg is just fine.
>>
>>139693265
At least he puts the effort in instead of walking like a normal person and then suddenly falling down when he loses his cane.
>>
>>139693265
>It's actually a ruse, his leg is just fine.
Is this Himawari no Shoujo or what?
>>
>>139693160
>>139693196
We're still watching an anime. It doesn't matter that they're spies, they still need to be distinctive and appealing enough so your audience will remember them.
Did we ever question the beauty of a character we're told is the most beautiful in the school even though they look the same as everybody else? No we don't. Neither would we question someone with distinctive features being able to blend in. Moreover I'm not talking about distinctive features like Ryuuko's streak of red hair, I'm talking about distinctive features like Johann's delicate face, Lunge's oversized skull, etc.
>>
>>139692762

completely retarded. spies should be moving in the shadows, sakuma should obviously be killed off as he has a backwards way of thinking and knows all their identities. Apparently this spy decides to play his hand cards up in front of an enemy spy to save a guy who he should hope die.

What I liked about the first episode was that the spies seemed to be robots who only had 1 care in the world and that was completing their mission. Sucks that the source material is shit i guess, the animation had a lot of soul imo.
>>
I could tell the Osomatsu MCs apart after a while, I guess I'll manage it here as well.
>>
>>139693768
>and knows all their identities
But he doesn't.
They don't have a reason to kill him, they are basically just fucking with him because they think he's a retard, just like they were with the Joker Game.
>>
>>139693768
>What I liked about the first episode was that the spies seemed to be robots who only had 1 care in the world and that was completing their mission
I sure am glad you don't write shit. Moreover it's wrong, even Sakuma noticed they don't care about their mission so much as proving they're better than everyone else.
>>
>>139673642
Lost it at "If Japan loses the war". Cant wait for his reaction when the nukes come down if he gets agitated by words
>>
>>139693996
>1937
>Right after Japan started a war of aggression
Nobody actually considers they might lose a war they start, friend. If they thought they would lose, they wouldn't start it.
>>
File: 1447754048616.jpg (100KB, 624x546px) Image search: [Google]
1447754048616.jpg
100KB, 624x546px
>>139689909
Fujos are the only hope, but unless you need characters to ship for that.
>>
>>139689909
>I doubt a whole lot of nips are interested in being reminded of this particular point in their history
The novels were successful, weren't they? Production IG wouldn't have looked their ways otherwise.
>>
How butthurt will China be about this anime?
>>
>>139694789
Probably not very since they won and they'll probably never mention Nanking.
>>
>>139693996
This is the China vs Japan war which would have been very surprising if Japan had lost it.
>>
>>139691946
muh social experiment
>>
>checking second sino japanese war on wikipedia
>chinese civilian losses: between 17 and 22 millions
Jesus Christ, I knew about Nankin, but damn, this is something else.
>>
File: Animage.jpg (1MB, 1280x810px) Image search: [Google]
Animage.jpg
1MB, 1280x810px
>>
>>139695301
Thankfully it seems like the source material is critical of Japanese imperial ideas so presumably we won't get NANKING NO HAPPEN GAIJIN LIES
>>
>>139675865
I hope it will make for some interesting character development. The spies seem much more realistic and cynical about the international situation and that coule be interesting.

And yes, japan was a militaristic nation heavily using propaganda and endoctrinment to make their people ruthless and obedient
>>
>>139695301
I really hope we get to see some inferior chinese subhumans get BTFO by glorious japanese soldiers.
Imperial japan was great, a shame the axis didn't win the war.

>>139695408
Nanking was 100% justified.
Think about it, one of those disgusting chinese pigs that got raped/killed could be one of those fuckers that only uploads chinese translations to the panda without the raws.
>>
>>139695301
Don't trust Wikipedia, it's all propaganda! All Japanese were very nice to the Chinese, there are photos proving this!
>>
>>139695301
It's not only the result of the invasion of Japan, though. Communists and nationalists were at each other's throats already and famine killed a lot of Chinese. Japanese sure didn't help though
>>
>>139675865
>>139693996
This is 1937, the second Sino-Japanese war.
WWII hasn't even started yet, Japan wouldn't conduct pearl harbor for another four years.
At the time, China is in the middle of a huge period of unrest where tensions are running high between communists and nationalists (which meant they had no united front and about halfway through started openly fighting each other and the nips), and keep in mind China was a pretty underdeveloped nation at the outset of WWII.
Whereas Japan was a unified force where all soldiers were indoctrinated to die for their country, with modern industry and military structure for the time.
Anybody could plainly see that China was fucked.
>>
>>139695813
Except China is the Russia of East Asia and you can't fucking invade it
>>
>>139695942
Both the Germans and the Japanese did extremely well in their opening advances though, and hindsight is 20/20, I'm just saying it's perfectly understandable why a member of the japanese military would see a loss to be something that wouldn't even be considered. Most nations thought that way at the time, nobody starts a war of aggression they think they will lose.
>>
>>139673642
>not a single cute girl on the cover.

might be actually interesting
>>
>>139696226
It's pretty good so far, the first episode is a bunch of smug asshole spies fucking with an Imperial army Lt. for his nationalist ideals.
>>
>>139696226
Sakuma is cute.
>>
>>139696163
Except the war on China was not planned by Tokyo. As for the invasion of Manchuria. Honjo and other officers acted on their own, and forcing the central government to validate the action once finished.

The army was out of control and put Japan in a never headlong rush which ended up as we know it
>>
>>139696279
When you put it like that it sounds like the plot of Diabolik lovers.
>>
Nobody is complaining about quartz movement or shitty poker plays, why neo-/a/ is so casual.
>>
>>139698032
But the poker game was a farce.
>>
>>139698032
>neo /a/
Kill yourself.
>>
>>139698032
>shitty poker plays
The Imperial Japanese Army has been playing poker all their lives, but the D Agency have been playing the Joker Game for years.
>>
>>139689909
>I hate to think this show will flop hard but I fear it will.
Actually it's like 3rd or 4th on the pre-order list right now for spring. And not much happened in this episode to even warrant getting it yet. Might end up being successful after all
>>
>>139691256
The purpose of the Maginot Line was to force the Germans to attack through Belgium. What was unexpected was the attack through the Ardennes as it was thought to be impassable for a large mechanized unit due to logistics.
>>
File: yes yes yes.gif (448KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
yes yes yes.gif
448KB, 500x281px
>>139673642
I enjoyed it. I'm glad I decided to give it a try.
>>
I was going to watch it but it looks like yaoi shit

Is it yaoi?

Don't you lie to me
>>
>>139702106
There's nothing gay about it. The men are just good-looking.
>>
FROM THE DUSTY MEI-SAN
>>
It's best you check by yourself.
>>
>>139676581
Agreed. I couldn't get into the first episode either and quite frankly I have no idea why, although I was mulling it over earlier and it might have been the fact that MC-kun is just far too annoying as this fish out of water character. The manner in which the spies were introduced was pretty boring as well, essentially this rote roll call. I would have also preferred if we didn't have a character like MC and there was more of an emphasis on the spies. Having MC express shock at every fucking thing they do is going to get old fast.
>>
>>139702106
No, it's not Yaoi shit. Just watch and have fun.
>>
>>139702367
Same here, I think the story has potential so I'm gonna keep watching, but still as some other anon said, this entire first episode was a complete trudge. The story really started the moment we understood the MC was in mortal danger. In other words, 20 minutes after the episode began. This is kinda lackluster.
A better exposition starting with a flashforward of Sakuma preparing for seppuku would have probably helped. But instead they wasted 5 minutes on a scene which wasn't even interesting enough to warrant a flashforward. So what if at first we're led to believe they're the actual police and 15 minutes later we realize they're actually spies? Wow, such twist, very surprise.
>>
>>139682678
jesus christ
>>
>>139702367
>a character like MC
You keep calling him in the MC but I'm pretty sure he won't be.
>>
>>139703672
He's right, though.
>>
>>139702367
>the manner in which the spies were introduced was pretty boring as well

Really disagree here more. The way the were introduce was perfect. They're mischievous and mysterious. Hell, even to themselves. They all don't know shit about each other.
>>
>>139703771
The MC is most likely the entire agency, the visual seems to concur as well. But in the first episode at least the MC is undoubtedly Sakuma. The episode is from his pov and the story is about him surviving a trap.
>>
>>139703976
>They all don't know shit about each other.

Surely that could have been brought up in a more compelling manner than MC saying as much.
>>
Decent English in my animu?
Is this real life?
>>
>>139687198
>no sights of fujoshit
Dude it definitely reeks of fujo
>>
>>139682227
because they know that fujos likes good plot with handsome guys instead of only put cute naked girls asking what they will eat for dinner.
>>
>>139676084
Also proxies
>>
>>139689353
ARE YOU EVEN JAPANESE?
>>
>>139688994
I feel I could move to Japan and be a better voice actor than anyone they already hire it seems
>>
File: 1459912262937.png (75KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
1459912262937.png
75KB, 198x198px
>>139689063
>Zankyou no Terror
Jesus I almost forgot about that
That actually caused me to spit out my drink and I had to pause the show
>>
>>139704485
Compare it to the 10 minutes of engrish dialogue in Subete Ga F ni Naru
>>
>>139691005
Well I prefer Amon but we can't always get what we want yeah?
>>
>>139689959
Nah it's light novel trash, edgefags think it's cool cause the mc dies a lot and goes low key crazy, but honestly all it had was shock value which it loses quickly also mc is a reactionary pos like most.
>>
>>139689063
>>139704485
could you post a sample?
>>
>>139704734
What do you think reactionary means?
>>
>>139704853
yer kidding
>>
>>139704859
Not that guy but I guess he means a character without any initiative who only reacts to events
>>
>>139689063
You meant that Moe and Professor hipster anime right?
>>
>>139704351
HOW CAN YOU DO SUCH A RIDICULOUS THING?
>>
So I just started Rakugo because you bastards kept singing praises and saying how much better than Joker Game it is.

1) besides both being period pieces - how the fuck are they comparable
2) Rakugo is boring as shit. Wtf are you guys on.
>>
>>139705902
>rakugo is boring
Stop watching stuff altogether and go hit the gym or cook stuff for your mother instead. Obviously anything you watch is wasted on you. You're better off doing something else.
>>
>>139706010
Boring shit is boring. Go figure.
>>
>>139706052
Are you at the gym yet
>>
>>139702237
I love this effect
>>
>>139705902
Rakugo and this have a similar atmosphere, but I'm basing this on one ep of Joker and whole season of Rakugo.
Otherwise, Rakugo is great because
>well executed
>VAs really know their shit
>no QUALITY (DEEEEEEEN)
>drama is not full retard misunderstandings
>characters aren't archetypes
If you really can't bear to watch it's your loss.
>>
>>139705902
>1) besides both being period pieces - how the fuck are they comparable
They aren't at all. Idiots just see period pieces for mature people like themselves and decide they must be the same.

>Wtf
You're sort of an idiot yourself, though.
>>
>>139706207
>well executed
So it's good because it's good.
>no QUALITY
>drama is not full retard misunderstandings
>characters aren't archetypes
These don't seem like arguments that it's good or not boring, you're just listing some things you don't like and saying it doesn't have them.
>>
>>139706125
Yeah. Replying on the treadmill. Getting ready to move to /fit/
>>
>>139706455
>>well executed
>So it's good because it's good.
No, it's put to together well.
>These don't seem like arguments that it's good or not boring, you're just listing some things you don't like and saying it doesn't have them.
You do have a point that they are stuff I can do without, but what I'm going for here is that Rakugo doesn't suffer from modern anime cookie cutter mentality, and that if you want some chance of pace, it's a nice watch. But perhaps it's simply not your cup of tea.
>>
>>139706207
>liking Rakugo because of muh seiyuus
>>
>>139692854
Doujins of gigolos and the spies trying out the art of seducing on each other when
>>
>>139707019
If there's one show you can commend their seiyuus for doing a good job, it's Rakugo. Not even a seiyupig.

>>139707102
Soon hopefully.
>>
>I'm going to raid this house
>But I didn't knew the army was here before me / I was too lazy to check the news
The episode was good though.
>>
>>139707405
>implying the first raid was in the news
>implying the first raid was even legal
>>
>>139707637
He lives in a normal neighbourhood, everybody would knew if the army raided the gaijin house because he's such a loudy person.
>>
>>139707405
Sakuma probably figured the guy who gave him the orders would've mentioned anything like that, since he had to have known. It didn't occur to him he might've lied until it was too late.
>>
>>139707795
Sakuma didn't even know who the guy was before he was given the orders, and why would he go out and do research before when his own colonel just handed him a dossier on the guy?
He has no reason to suspect that his own commander would try to fuck him like that, and either way, he isn't even running the op, he's just along for the ride to act as the captain because he has experience being in a leadership position in the military.
>>
>>139673642
More like WarCrimesDenial Game.
>>
>>139709141
The first episode has the entire main cast fucking with the MC for being a nationalist and essentially say "Nationalism and patriotism are fucking stupid yo"
>>
>>139709417
That's because he has old-fashioned ideas of nationalism and patriotism that don't allow for sneak attacks without a declaration of war, human experimentation, comfort women and abusing/mass-executing PoWs.

MC is an honorabu samurai learning the ways of the grorious imperial japanese warcrime machine.
>>
>JAPAN DID NOTHING WRONG
>BIG COUNTRIES ARE KEEPING THEM OUT OF THEIR GAME

Such revisionism. Oh wow.
>>
>>139709141
Even after 70 years amerifats and chinks are butthurt over some warcrimes done by people long since dead. Get over it jews. Crying over the 6 million won't get them back you know. It's not like everyone and their mothers commited warcrimes right?
>>
>>139710019
Its an alternative timeline; including a constant middle finger to the Bushido nationalist wankery that got Japan fucked in the first place. calm your autism
>>
>>139684764
Because Pétain was a fucking traitor.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.