[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I just finished watching GATE. Seeing it made me realize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 600px-GateJsdf_02_Recon.jpg (71KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
600px-GateJsdf_02_Recon.jpg
71KB, 600x338px
Hey guys, I just finished watching GATE. Seeing it made me realize that I haven't seen another anime that remotely features the JSDF aside from Kiseijuu.

Have you guys seen any other chinese cartoons that feature the JSDF?
>>
>>139667600
Nah. A modern military being competently represented in a anime just doesn't happen. Which is a shame.
>>
>>139668028
Oh well shit, that's kind of a bummer to hear. I noticed that the dudes making GATE were incredibly salty about media people in how they portrayed them. Is it common for the japanese media to shit on the SDF?
>>
>>139668478
Eh, it's typical politics.
>>
>fan service
>japan stronggg
Shit anime
>>
>>139668566
It's a neat story, and I actually dig it when people wank their own country's dick in their work a little. Makes it fun.
>>
>they will never make a Generation Kill anime
>>
S3 never ever.
>>
File: rory.jpg (96KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
rory.jpg
96KB, 1440x810px
>>139668779
It'll come out fall this year, anon! Hang in there.
>>
>>139667600
I like the military fan service, I wish there was more.
>>
>>139668028
Also the JSDF military wasn't exactly modern. From what I have heard they were mostly using Cold War technology.
>>
I always wondered why Ameriburgers like to say that because US and Japan are allies, that Japan will willingly spread their legs for them.

Vietnam and Philippines spread their legs but the US backed off when they asked for help with China.

Guess all you Gateburgers can just fuck off to hell with your "realistic" scenarios, eh?
>>
>>139673189
What does that have to do with any of this?

Also, Tyuul is my waifu. I will save her.
>>
>>139673321
>What does that have to do with any of this?
It's a gate thread.

Americans like to posit that the anime is not a somewhat realistic depiction of international politics because US and Japan being allies didn't bear fruit in this scenario, despite the US irl backing down in 2 different instances concerning alliances in the far east. They'll call it bad because they can't figure out why the author didn't write the US as some strong-arming fuck or Japan as some dicksucking cuckold.
>>
>>139673821
Oh, I guess I get it. While I don't agree with the author on how every other country would deal with the fact that the gate existed. Especially the united states as you've suggested. I think it's better off if he just leaves it as a "everyone wants it but doesn't wanna start too much major shit" thing. It's easier that way, and I enjoy seeing people write their countries as being strong. I will admit that the SOGS absolutely rekting US, Chinese, and Russian specops was a bit of a kek, but whatever. I got mine.

Also, girl listings Rory > Yao > Yuka > Lei Lei > If you like penis alotta
>>
>>139673189
>Vietnam and Philippines spread their legs but the US backed off when they asked for help with China.

1) This has nothing to do with the show.
2) The Philippines is reopening a naval base for the US and US has entered into talks with Vietnam with the coordinated use of one of their bases.

Now that everything is said. Get out if you're not going to talk about GATE faggot.
>>
>>139671548

The JSDF has a larger budget than France. Their hardware is fine.
>>
>>139671548
They have modern tech, they were just using old shit in case they had to abandon it on the other side of the gate.
>>
Any more curbstomp, one side completely destroying the other animes?
>>
>>139674710
Bases is not soldiers, manpower, or arms, faggot.
>1) This has nothing to do with the show.
The thousands of shitposts about how the author is a jingoistic kek because he didn't write what burgers wanted does?

I'm talking GATE here, fuck off.

>>139674308
>"everyone wants it but doesn't wanna start too much major shit"
But that's the show though, once things calmed down.
>>
File: 1459807406150.jpg (20KB, 585x330px) Image search: [Google]
1459807406150.jpg
20KB, 585x330px
I was really looking forward to having the US of A barging through the GATE rocking A-10s, M1A1s, Iowa-class Battleships, F-22s, Apaches, Tomahawk missiles, and a couple of fucking SEAL teams.

Anime please.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.