[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>high production values (for a sports shounen) >also pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 2196-bestof-01.jpg (264KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
2196-bestof-01.jpg
264KB, 768x768px
>high production values (for a sports shounen)
>also pretty damn good
>never see it discussed, ever

What gives? It must have been really popular in japan to get that sort of a budget. I know that it's old, but I've literally never seen a thread about it and I've been here for years.
>>
>>139665914

I watched it a few weeks ago after the AlphaGo matches. I liked it
>>
>>139665914
the fact that it end so abruptly is definitely a factor.
>>
File: ika musume.jpg (66KB, 580x793px) Image search: [Google]
ika musume.jpg
66KB, 580x793px
>>139665914
Because nobody here plays go. Because it's old. Because no waifu war to brawl about endlessly.
>>
>>139666049
Yeah, what was even up with that? Was the manga the same way? I was kinda pissed but at least it attempted to wrap things up.
>>
>>139665914
thanks for reminding me to finish the show
>>
Hikaru no go mentions are few and far between, but when they happen theyre glorious. There was a thread years ago where we played go in a thread.
>>
Can Sai beat Google's AlphaGo?
>>
>>139666897
>>139666049
Heard it ended abruptly because the author not the artist got into a fight with Jump.

Jump didn't like Sai finally going to the afterlife so they were trying to get the author to come up with ways to milk the manga further with Sai coming back.

I feel like Jump was asking the author to bring back the ghost of the person that caused Sai to commit suicide in the first place.

And have that evil ghost versus Sai.
>>
I think they should have let play Sai more matches
>>
>>139667267
Wow, that sucks. I was kinda pissed about Sai leaving as well, but the show could have gone on as it was.
>>
it's not currently airing, forget it
>>
>>139667234
Sai is objectively one of the best Go players to exist, so yes.
>>
>>139666769
Also, because it not TANOSHIIII.
>>
File: humiliating.jpg (56KB, 565x788px) Image search: [Google]
humiliating.jpg
56KB, 565x788px
>>139670524
Go game is very tanoshii. I wish I had time to play.
>>
>>139667267
Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I stopped being as interested in the manga after Sai was gone. On the other hand now I don't know if I just liked Sai that much or if the writing just suffered because of creative differences
>>
>MC never stops being a huge asshole
>boring sidecharacters
>awful visual directing and animation after the first director left
>awful ending
>>
>>139667267
Damn. That sucks. While it did seem abrupt with Sai's departure, I liked the direction they were going with Hakaru. It could have kept going for 100 more chapters easy, and still be good
>>
File: snapshot20070724014438.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20070724014438.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
It definitely had its fair share of hype.
>>
>>139667267
That's retarded. I like Sai but the plot was going well as is.
>>
>>139665914
Touya should have been a girl. He's perfect waifu material except for the penis.
>>
>>139665914
fuck off to /co/ if you like old sports anime
>>
>>139665914
It's great, manga is even better. Hikaru no go motivated me to start playing GO
>>
>>139665914
It was a good time from I remember, I need to rewatch it sometimes. I guess there isn't that much to discuss.

The internet go scenes were hype.
>>
So, how many people here actually play/played go? 6k casual player here.
>>
>>139665914
It's too good. One of those rare mangas that I've actually wanted to re-read two or three times.

I can't put it into words, but it really is unique. Like how Hikaru wants to keep getting better even if it means leaving his friends behind or crushing other people's dreams.

Fuck it I'm gonna read this again.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.