[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finish Akagi anime >check the manga to see where it goes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: 2nut9xk.jpg (59KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
2nut9xk.jpg
59KB, 1000x746px
>finish Akagi anime
>check the manga to see where it goes next
>283 chapters
>they're still playing the same game
>new chapter 8 days from now

What the fuck man?
>>
RON
>>
>>139019726
Akagi will never die, its probably the magazine's biggest draw by a lot.
>>
>>139019925
>>
File: Ron.jpg (200KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ron.jpg
200KB, 800x600px
>>
>>139020570
Yeah but does ever single chapter need to be Washizu freaking out during a monologue?
>>
it is pretty ridiculous that I started watching Akagi more then 8-9 years ago, and then I find out that they're STILL playing the same damned match

isn't it close to the end though? I heard Washizu lost all his cash but Akagi is now forcing him to play for blood
>>
>tfw this isn't even the conclusion arc of the manga
Fukumoto will probably die before he finishes Kaiji and/or Akagi
>>
>>139019726
As someone who has never read Akagi how exactly have they managed to draw the game out this long? I get that mahjong can be a long game but what happens in the average chapter of Akagi to make it last so long?
>>
>>139022392
metaphors, trips to hell and magic sand
>>
>>139019726
Are they still in hell or whatever it was?
>>
File: pic194and195.png (2MB, 1958x1400px) Image search: [Google]
pic194and195.png
2MB, 1958x1400px
>>139022426
Sure it was filler, but by God it was enjoyable
>>
Anyone have the pic made by some japanese guy comparing the first and last page of a reason chapter, which shows Washizu drawing a tile?
>>
>>139022616
This one?
https://twitter.com/tsukemai_t/status/638388516859211777
>>
>>139022693
Yeah, thanks.
At least the end is somewhat near now.
>>
>>139020570
>Akagi will never die
>>
Akagi and Kaiji are from the same author? I've never seen Akagi before but I just finished the Kaiji 2 anime. I was going to keep going with the manga but the entire chapter explaining the rules of the next Mahjong game made me drop it.
>>
>>139024735
Mahjong is a great game. Take half an hour to read the basic rules (you don't need to know specific hands) and then watch the Akagi anime. It does a decent job of explaining what's going on anyway.
>>
>>139024735
Kaiji's version of Mahjong is really simple and easy to understand. It's pretty much just a section of real mahjong. The hardest thing to remember is just the name of the hands and how much they're worth.
>>
The manga's getting slower and slower as the game advances. The last time I checked they were drawing two tiles per chapter.
>>
Manga is getting more and more bullshit. They're trying to end the game with crazy yakuman hands right now. The fact it's dragged like hell dosn't help.
>>
ZERO PART 3 FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>139020570
>Akagi will never die
>>
Akagi is amazing fun to watch for a show in which the main character never loses. He presumably doesn't lose in the manga either as that would mean his death.
>>
File: akagi magic sand.jpg (43KB, 257x340px) Image search: [Google]
akagi magic sand.jpg
43KB, 257x340px
I read enough to get a feel for the series but not enough to learn how to play fucking mahjong and then dropped it.
Good stuff.
>>
WASHI NO I PIN
>>
What if Akagi played a game aginst Gon on a boat
>>
File: old akagi.jpg (167KB, 605x474px) Image search: [Google]
old akagi.jpg
167KB, 605x474px
>>139026332
Read Ten if you liked Akagi as a character. Mahjong is still the main point, though.
>>
>>139026321
Akagi is actually losing quite badly at this point. Washizu got a double yakuman which essentially made an insurmountable point difference. Unless he gets Washizu to deal into a yakuman himself he'll lose and die to the ranking bonus at the end, and that's not very likely. Practically, the only way for him to survive is to sweep the rug out from under Washizu's feet and kill him with a tsumo before the game has a chance to end.
>>
>>139026527
Akagi's slowness with HxH's hiatuses and opponent is the filler pirate.
>>
>>139026824
Is it wrong I want Washizu to win even though I know it's impossible. That recap chapter we had a while back made me realize how badly I would like to see him win, but it can't happen since we already know about older Akagi.
>>
>>139026824
It'll almost certainly turn out that 'allowing' Washizu to get those Yakuman was somehow part of Akagi's plan all along though.
>>
>>139019726
Read Ten
>>
>>139020570
Akagi is dead. They even held a special mahjong tournament for the tenth anniversary of his death. ;_;
>>
>>139026923
>Washizu wins with a yakuman ron off of Akagi
>Dies on the spot from a combination of shock, and all the blood rushing down from his head towards his murderboner, before Akagi's blood can be drawn
>Akagi smugly chuckles as if it was his plan all along
>>
>>139026824
How many points did they start with? A double yakuman is 96000 or 64000 points so that seems like it'd be an instant win unless they managed to steal enough points from the other two players.
>>
>>139029294
It wasn't a direct hit, one of the suits dealt into him.
>>
Do I actually have to know the rules of mahjong to watch/read this? And how hard is it to learn?
>>
File: akagi in space.jpg (255KB, 1000x709px) Image search: [Google]
akagi in space.jpg
255KB, 1000x709px
>>139020570
>Akagi will never die
>>
I can't finish third run of Kaiji because of mahjong. It's just not fun, I just read dozens of pages to get the idea if Kaiji is good or not and only have his word to believe in. In previous volumes it was fun to judge for yourself how screwed Kaiji is and get surprised when he thought of something you didn't. He is an absolute madman.
>>
>>139026111
Hopefully NEVER EVER
>>
>ongoing manga
nope.tiff
>>
>>139030077
I think it definitely helps. I learned by someone posting Akagi's guide to mahjong and then just hopped into Akagi. Actually playing mahjong came after that but Akagi was still pretty crazy even with some limited knowledge.
>>
>>139030077
No but learning the very basics will take you half an hour and will go along way.
I first watched Akagi knowing nothing about the game but the notes in the subs explained a lot and I got the hang of it eventually.
>>
Akagi is a spinoff prequel, you can read about akagi true death as old man in the manga called "ten"...

And don't learn mahjong since it will spoil everything, this fukumoto mahjong is like a poker were you get a royal flush every 2 hands...
>>
>>139030077
Just download any riichi app that allows to replay the same hand again and again and look that opponents are discarding and that the winner gathered in the end.
>>
>>139030748

>Not being able to bang out baimans on the regular

Get a load of this scrub. I bet he's barely a demon of mahjong at all.
>>
File: 1451481153295.jpg (1MB, 2876x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1451481153295.jpg
1MB, 2876x2400px
>>139030077
The actual rules of the game are very simple. Draw tiles and discard them until someone makes a hand. If you're one tile away from finishing your hand ("Tenpai") you can call "Riichi" which is basically a double-down. You can call tiles from other players and so on, but don't worry about that for now.

Pic related is the tough bit - memorising the actual winning hands and their point totals. But, whenever someone wins a hand in the show, they'll declare their hand. Just use this pic as a cheat sheet, and you can figure out how they won. It'll be second nature after a little while. Some hands are a lot more common than others, so you'll memorise them pretty quickly.
>>
>>139031754
>actual winning hands
Yaku are not hands, this is important
>>
>>139032594

Yeah, but it's the simplest way to put it to someone new to the game. A riichi isn't a double down either.
>>
>>139024735
yeah I was the same at first bu I wanted to read kaiji next saga so I just read that majonhg saga riding on the characters emotions, like everyone is "omg that kaiji guy just made a ron using his hand tiles while in teppai" and I was umm nice for kaiji, eat that fuckers
>>
Mahjong is stupidly easy to learn.
Is this some kind of meme?
>>
>>139034404
>Mahjong is stupidly easy to learn.
But are you good at it?
>>
>>139034942
I'm 3dan so I'd say no.
I went from knowing fuck all to being able to play and understand nearly everything happening ingame in the space of two days.
>>
>>139035060
What's your R and how many games did it took you to reach 3dan?

It's not really that hard to drill yourself with the Gamedesign flash game.
>>
Kaiji is the way to go
>>
>>139035142
>It's not really that hard to drill yourself with the Gamedesign flash game.
>tfw playing for months and still can't read waits
>>
>>139035142
My rating is kinda shitty: 1636
This was because I didn't bother with the flash game, I just jumped right in after learning the rules and watching a video or two.
It took me a lot of games, I've gone up to 4dan but I drop down instantly.
>>
>new kaiji and hero chapters
>no akagi

fmktkrazy pls
>>
>>139032594
considering you need at least one yaku to finish your hand Id say they are pretty important. Also many yaku require an entire hand. Like only triplets, one suit and honors, just one suit, etc. Except for the yaku for a triplet of dragons just learning the yaku requiring your entire hand is easiest.
>>
>>139035242
No one can perfectly read waits every time but being able to deduce what the opponents' waits are based on their discards isn't that difficult especially if it's your typical honitsu. Have you played in Tenhou yet?

>>139035280
That really is a low R. You can always create a new account to start over again but what matters is you already have a good grasp on the ways of mahjong.
>>
>>139035381
What a dingus. There are no more Akagi chapters, they is all caught up
>>
>>139035280
Same here anon. I don't really care about my rating though
>>
>>139026923
I love the fact that the sort-of sequel of the series began, and ended before the real thing.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.