[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /a/ hate harem so much? I think they're fun and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

Why does /a/ hate harem so much? I think they're fun and make me feel cozy inside.
>>
because self-inserting faggots are the cancer killing theboard
>>
Because most harem are formulaic as fuck and succeed in nothing but making you rage over stock humor clichés, dumbass dingledick protagonists, and worst girl always winning.
>>
>>138996179
We don't. Reedit just hates it to pretend to be normies.
>>
>>138996179
Generic harem fanserviceshit is the cancer killing anime
>>
File: 1458619827380.jpg (56KB, 700x528px) Image search: [Google]
1458619827380.jpg
56KB, 700x528px
>>138996179
It's a genre that's been done to death. There's little to no variation between harem shows.
>>
>>138997139
Not really. Like most genres, 90% shit, 10% good stuff.
>>
Harems are basically SoL for hetero men
And there arent many of us on this board, so yeah
>>
>>138996976
This
>>
>>138996179
My problem with harem is that too few end with any real closure. They just keep stringing people along while adding more girls because it keeps selling.
>>
>>138996179
Harems are the anime equivalent of McDonalds.
Everyone knows they're bad and will most likely give you digestive problems but you watch them anyway because sometimes it's what you want.
>>
>>138997188
OMG the protag accidentally touched someone's boob and got slapped in the face. Isn't that funni ? XD
>>
>>138997188
>>138997139
No, it really is a dead horse. Every season, its been done to death for years now, for any given season over the past 5 years, there is at least 5 harem shows, and at least 2 of them are set in the high school setting.
>>
>>138997332
Again, 90% shit/10% good.
>>
>>138996179
Because it's usually paired with some sci-fi or fantasy bullshit. When it's finally paired with slice of life mustard rice, you get 400 chapters of never-ending shenanigans.
>>
>>138997342
>at least 2
This might be accurate if you don't magic academies as highschools.
>>
>>138997117
>Generic harem fanserviceshit is the cancer killing anime
This
>>
>>138996262
this
>>
>>138996179
The majority of /a/ doesn't hate it at all as far as I can tell. People openly acknowledge that it's often formulaic as fuck too but that by itself is never enough to kill a series for someone anyway.

Anyway just like whatever you want, you don't need /a/ to validate your opinions for you. Anime is almost all entirely targeted at children anyway so there's plenty of shame to be passed around everywhere equally if you even want to have this dumb discussion.
>>
>>138997749
>Anyway just like whatever you want, you don't need /a/ to validate your opinions for you.
Some advise this is. How the hell am I supposed to fit in on this anonymous image board if I don't echo what everyone else is saying?
>>
>>138996179
I don't, but I hate Monogatari for trying to push a love story and a harem at the same time.
>>
>>138996179
Monogatari isn't a harem.
>>
>>138997088
>normies
Kill yourself.
>>
>>139000621
Just keep reiterating your opinion until others adopt it

Works for me every time
>>
>>138996179
I hate harem because is for nerds (waifufags), is sad
>>
>>138997117
This
>>
I don't hate harem per se, just those shitty battle harems #41389
>>
>>138996179
Harem shit is a piece of shit
>>
File: disgusting_geek.jpg (149KB, 720x959px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting_geek.jpg
149KB, 720x959px
It's for beta faggots who can't find love in real life.
A lot of anime is geared towards lonely teenagers and young men. Power fantasies, love fantasies, fan service... Basically all the things they can't get in their sad, lonely lives.
I would know, my life is not perfect either.

And then there are shit plots, shit characters, shit character designs.
>>
>>139000812
Make me.
>>
Because fuck having a balanced cast of realistic, well developed characters, lets watch a bunch of generic tits on legs collectively fawn over some loser they have no reason to want
>>
>>138997088
>normies
Fuck off retarded newfag.
>>
>>138997188
>>138997361
>everything is equal
You're not as smart as you might think, anon.
>>
Because is for loser
>>
>>139002773
all anime is for losers silly
>>
>>138996179
>Why does /a/ hate harem so much? I think they're fun and make me feel cozy inside.
The only thing which makes me feel cozy are CGDCT type of shows, harem shows thanks to male MC and stupid rule that every girl must be into him cause he exist and adding stupid fanservice moments are just awful and take much enjoyment from the show.
>>
>>139002968
So youre basically saying that you are a yurifag

Pretty sure most harem haters are
>>
>>139003074
I like yuri but I also much more enjoy shows with mixed cast where's more male characters existing than one male MC and girls have different love interests than just one biased MC.

Best if characters are adults.
>>
Because /a/ is infested with normalfag retards who watched 10-20 MAnime and think they know enough about the medium to say phrases like "x is the cancer killing anime"
>>
>>139003218
>I also much more enjoy shows with mixed cast where's more male characters existing than one male MC and girls have different love interests than just one biased MC
Those are the best shows. Harems are shit because everything revolves about one faggot.
>>
I like harems when all the girls win. The protagonists should persuade their girls to start polyamorous relationship in ep2 and then they could focus on the troubles of living in polyhousehold.
>>
>>139003218
>i like Yuri

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>138996179
>Why does /a/ hate harem so much
because it's stupid wish fulfilment and escapism.
>>
>>139003387
what do you watch anime for if not for escapism?
>>
The only interesting harem show I saw was Sekirei. That's only because of the fighting.
>>
>>138996262
lmao trumad
>>
>>138996179
They're dumb and repetitive and after you've seen two you've seen all of them.
>>
>>138996976
The last part curbs self-insert faggotry so its a necessary evil.
>>
>>139004578
>because of the fighting.
Oi sure thing man
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.