[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on this movie? Is funny how there were parts that made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: bakemonot01.jpg (132KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
bakemonot01.jpg
132KB, 750x500px
thoughts on this movie?
Is funny how there were parts that made me say "Yep, that's a Hosoda movie" but overall it was enjoyable except that part after the tournament.
>>
Fur
Shit
>>
>>138896580
Everything after the tournament was bad.
HE FUCKING LEFT BADASS ANIMAL WORLD, to live as a normal person and never held another sword. Literally what, what do the Japanese have against not conforming to their society?
>>
>>138897214
Did your parents never read you Where the Wild Things Are as a kid or something?
>>
The 3rd act is weak.

The OST is fucking god tier though
>>
>>138897214
>Japanese
>implying
This is a pretty normal thing in the West. Most kid-goes-to-fantasy-land stories don't end with him staying there and abandoning his family forever.
>>
>>138897214
>>138897367
If the 3rd act never happened, it would've been great, i think adding the girl in the movie was what I expected his reasons to live with humans again. Also what whats up with the hole thing? Fucking concept thrown out of nowhere and the only foreshadowing was early in movie when they say humans were dangerous but i thought that was some cliche dialogue, not like a literal saying
>>
furry bullshit fuck off
>>
>>138897555
I don't think most of them last for the entirety of the kids public education life. Or have their foster parent infused with their soul as a god sword.
>>
Did Hosoda lived in some rural area in Japan? This is the 4th movie of his where the protagonist, if not someone important lives in an area like that. to be honest, he makes them look comfy to live in
>>
>>138897582

Mostly this.

It's got a really solid emotional core, but all the trimmings are weak. The hole thing was weak. The end role of the girl and his father was weak. The end conclusion where he never returns or fights again is weak.

I'm slowly becoming convinced that Hosoda's family growing up was a bit off, because a lot of his endings involve a hard break in a parent/child relationship.
>>
>>138898188
It could've end Kyuuta and Kumatetsu training his disciples.

It could be Kyuuta and Kaede living together in the beast world, since Kaede would see this as a relief from all that stress of her parents being too pushy with her grades

but no, that would be too happy and instead we had the divorced dad which never explained why.
>>
>>138897214
>Everything after the tournament was bad.

Pretty much agree with this. I loved everything before it.

This was the Director's first time writing and directing, right? And he really needs someone to reel him in because it seemed the writing was all over the place.
>>
>>138899091
I think he did the screenplay for Wolf Children too but I could be wrong.
>>
>>138898684

To be honest, I'm not so put off by his departure from martial arts as much as his departure from the entire beast world. Like, it's right fucking there. It's not like the door closed. Family. Friends. The community that raised him. Apparently, he never goes there to see them ever again in his entire life for no fucking reason other than he wants to go to college and learn about the human world. It's such a contrived moment to say he never goes back and sees them again after the celebration.
>>
>>138899216
it started good, the story was solid but the moment he grows up is where the plot tried to add many other things and gives them too much importance equally
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.