[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of the Long March

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6

File: song of the long march.jpg (122KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
song of the long march.jpg
122KB, 408x600px
Get in here.

Song of the Long March 52 has been translated.

And it pushed the plot along too.
>>
What dis manga bout
>>
>>138882622
A cross dressing, consumption ridden, princess of the Tang in the territory of the Goturik nomads during the era before Crusader Kings.

Basically German pre-WWI in Austria manga or Altair, but Chinese.
>>
>>138882751
Sounds convoluted
>>
Oh and PV for the Chinese game for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYKlJQh4C90
>>
>>138882751
>Basically German pre-WWI in Austria manga

Found its name

>Gunka no Baltzar
>>
File: 1.jpg (239KB, 1000x1413px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
239KB, 1000x1413px
Shameless self bump, also for those who care about the art style -

You can notice the artist incorporating traditional Chinese painting techniques into it. See this shot here.
>>
Oh boy, she just can't catch a break can she.
>>
>>138883098
She is never going to tell them she is related to them otherwise. It will be fine. We will still aim for the Glory of Tang.
>>
So who here is expecting MC's boy toy Ashina to rebel against the great Khan?

And how will this relate to the history of the Goturiks that we know, when they settled wast, into Khazaria then get reabsorbed into the Pecheng/Cuman?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E051CmH9_Y

Can't read middle runes. What does it say this is for?
>>
>>138882510
1st time i saw a thread about this chinese manga (we call that manhua?) on /a/. It's also published in Japan. I hope it gets an anime (by japanese) one day.
>>
the japanese serialization of this is going to end in the next chapter but will it still be translated from chinese > english and released?
>>
>>138883360
I am surprised, as there were several mention of it in the historical manga discussions here.
>>
>>138883418
Isn't the original a web novel?

I figured the translator already do Mandarin --> English and skips the Japanese middle step.
>>
>>138883267
RPG game
>>
Declare your waifu allegiance anons. Color war time.

TB > Uyghur bitch > Han bodyguard

>>138883200
Are not Ashina synonymous with royalty for the nomads?
>>
>>138883418
>the japanese serialization of this is going to end in the next chapter
already ended. It ended in Ultra Jump but the series will be published in Summerzoo’s own Japanese magazine, which is called I-MAGIC.

This series has been always translated from chinese.
>>
>>138883560
Thanks anon!
>>
How popular is this on the moon? Or in Chinkland?

>>138883606
Question is - early manga self-absorbed TB princess or late manga Taoist TB?
>>
>>138883560
Translation never.
>>
File: Animation.gif (372KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
Animation.gif
372KB, 250x140px
it has a crappy "chinese anime" (manga panels in motion). They should really let Pierrot animate this one day
>>
>>138883811
I don't even.

Is it the entire manga or just the first few chapters?
>>
File: gif.gif (101KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
101KB, 250x140px
>>138883811
>>
The artist really was talented for this.
>>
>>138883845
i don't know, i dropped it after 1 episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-nrcgTs9-8

There is 8 episodes so far: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKRnmPxKJcEtfW6RWZb-V5A/videos
>>
>>138883979
Thanks anon. Will check them out.
>>
>>138883979
Man, I thought I knew a little Chink, but I cannot understand most of what the narrator is saying.

Thank you English translator.
>>
>>138883726
it's popular in Chinkland, i don't know for moonland.

>early manga self-absorbed TB princess or late manga Taoist TB?
What?
>>
>>138884076
Whether you prefer the princess early on in the manga or later on in the manga.
>>
>>138883979
The VA for the MC is awfully boy like.
>>
So is the boy becoming an antagonist later?
>>
File: Changge.jpg (435KB, 572x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Changge.jpg
435KB, 572x1388px
>>138884123
Later. she's a cute in her new dress
>>
>>138884503
Although she is very cute when cross dressing as well.
>>
>>138883487
>novel?
no, it's a chinese manga.
>>
>>138884683
I guess it is done in Chinese already?
>>
>>138884503
Is her name same as the Chinese goddess who fled to the moon?
>>
>>138884717
it's still ongoing for one or 2 years i think.
>>
>>138884924
This must be the Chinese version of Magi.
>>
Does someone need to dump this?
>>
Last bump.
>>
>>138883139
Did you not read the latest chapter?

>>138884179
She's a tomboy.

>>138884924
What? There's a planned finish line?
>>
>>138887695
That is what I meant. Now they know.
>>
How do I recreate something like this in CK2?
>>
>>138882510
So does she have tuberculosis?
>>
>>138884073
I don't see any English subs in those two links.
>>
>>138888606
It is narrating the manga. So you can read along if you want to.
>>
>>138882510
woah what an amazing art, can you rate it anon?
>>
>>138888696
But it's not in English from what I can see. The subs are in Chinese.
>>
>>138882865
This is a very lazily made pv unless the game is really early in development.
>>
>>138888825
I meant thank you to the English manga translators making this accessible to us.

With my shitty Chinkness I could not read it.
>>
>>138888869
Probably still early on.

We will never get the translation anyways.

>>138888808
Not sure if troll anymore.
>>
>>138884073
Holy shit would this be hard to translate
>>
File: i128065.jpg (16KB, 253x326px) Image search: [Google]
i128065.jpg
16KB, 253x326px
>>138883914
Xia Da.
Turning 35 in April.
>>
>>138889022
Immortal vampire or just chink?

She does not look a day above 20.
>>
>>138889006
The intro is especially obtuse. The rest of it is Ok.

>>138889022
What else did she do?
>>
>>138888877
Oh, I thought you were referring to the youtube videos having English subs. I kept searching and searching and was at my wits end.
>>
>>138889022
Wait, there are other translated shit by her?

Darn. I am on that.
>>
>>138889055
Even for a chink, she is aging really well.
She and Araki should meet up some time.
>>
>>138889130
Ahhh my bad good anon. If it is any consolation it is word by word the same as the manga. So you can read the script for the manga instead if you want to understand it.
>>
>>138889155
If she and Araki breed, how well will their children age? Could we potentially create a line of immortal Asians?
>>
>>138889314
Wait until she turns 60 and instantly becomes an obaachan.
>>
>>138889367
By that point wouldn't plastic surgery have evolved to a point where 100 year olds can look like 40 year olds?
>>
>>138889490
Being Asian is truly a blessing.
>>
So did the author plan for this to turn into for the glory of Tang? That is very Chinese and very Communist of them.
>>
>>138889613
As someone not familiar with this glory for Tang shit can you elaborate on what you said?
>>
>>138889739
Spoilers.

The goal of the MC started out as revenge because the pretender emperor killed her family (the legitimate heir) to get to the throne. However, after some introspection and Taoist teachings, she realized it is less important who is the emperor and more important whether the people are suffering because of it. If she starts another revolution so close to the previous one, the nomads are going to invade and the people will suffer, so her goal is now to support the Tang dynasty and the false king to stabalize China. Her part will be to make the nomads less of a threat - remember - Nomads are always the biggest threat to China. None of the other neighbouring kingdoms can stand up to her army, except those nomads who train for their whole life to raid China.
>>
>>138889884
How is that very Chinese and very Communist? You can take that scenario for any other story and it would just be described as a person growing up and not letting vengeance tie them down.
>>
>>138889947
It is the core of the Chinese philosophy - Western culture believes if the king is bad (like in MacBeth), nature will turn on the people and their lives will suffer. This incentivize rebellion to overthrow the evil king. However, Chinese philosophy is more in line with suck it, you are not gonna throw a rebellion, just work with the system and make people's lives better.
>>
>>138890017
I can see where you are going with that, but that's kind of talking in absolutes which is rather silly. Even history shows how it's usually a bad idea so long as your neighbors harbor preparations and intentions to invade, which most of history does feature because we didn't have nukes pointing at each other to deter everyone.

I won't say you are reaching, but the author presented the case in a rather reasonable fashion. The turks are a threat, and the MC herself becomes conflicted after finding out about her mother's real intentions and more importantly never really had much love for her brothers, possibly even father as far as the manga shows because as she's growing up she's realizing what giant douchebags they were while her uncle was actually trying to protect her.

If you wanna claim that the story bent over backwards to make a point, then sure but I'd have to disagree, it's written rather smoothly.

Plus guys like Wei Xing or whoever put it best. He prioritizes the people first, the country second, then the Emperor. The ruling power is only fit if they are capable is what is being hinted at here. You can say that's propaganda for the Chinese government, but that's like saying any King Arthur story that puts Arthur in a good light is British propaganda. If anything it reminds people that incompetency should be judged, and China isn't exactly at war right now.
>>
>>138890604
Good point.
>>
Do we even know if Xia Da supports the PRC? Do PRC girls even qualify for immortality?
>>
>>138890899
I... what?
>>
>>138890965
Convoluted poor joke, ignore it.
>>
I guess not much popularity on /a/ then?
>>
I'm glad this got a thread, it's probably my favorite currently running manhua.
>>
Anyone up for a lesson in Nomad history?

>>138891515
Well, I expect you to make a thread next time a chapter comes out then. It will be fun discussing it.
>>
>>138889314
>immortal lolis
Please
>>
>>138891389
Sorry anon, chink stuff is never popular on /a/. You're lucky enough no shit posters have come in yet.
>>
>>138891643
We will keep on trying.

Korean stuff got popular after that one terribad show.
>>
>>138891671
Which one? Freezing? I wouldn't say they are popular on /a/ yet, it's still kinda negative with not a lot of discussion, but keep up the good fight!
>>
>>138892058
Yep, that one.

Thanks anon!
>>
Really enjoying this and Shut Hell
>>
>>138892185
>Shut hell

Tell us about it, any good?
>>
>>138892081
Yeah, but Freezing got big because the girls were hot as fuck, and all that inspired was a bunch of yomanga shills posting smut web toons.

You still don't see Korean series with threads here on /a/ much if at all. Stuff like Noblesse, Lookism, Gosu, etc all which top Naver are lucky to get 1 thread a month and they get shut down hard by shit posters.

Lim Dal Young series is special in that his artists practically have brand recognition for their girls, kinda like how Tosh would for Shokugeki no Soma. Their quality (of the girls) and quantity (how much series they pump out) is what gets attention.

I enjoy Song of the Long March a lot, but I have to wonder if it'll ever take off on /a/. I'd swear it would have 10x the chance if you just replaced everything with a Japanese counterpart.
>>
>>138892269

True.

On the positive side as that anon said, we are not attracting shitposter yet. It would be good to have a way to discuss these less popular works but alas. Or least post about those that we are excited about.
>>
One thing that makes this series kinda hard to discuss about is how it shifts genre pretty frequently due to dabbling in everything. Like when she went all wuxia on those brigands, or played chessmaster at Gongsun's place.

On one hand, part of me wants to see the plot dip back into those genres in the future, on the other, I'm interested in seeing how the author will possibly diversify the story even more.
>>
I wish they went back to smart strategist outwitting the enemy troops sometimes too.

And that they learn from Altair and start dolling them up in different clothes in different regions.
>>
>>138892642
But they do. Changge has changed clothes quite a few times. It's just nowhere near as elaborate.

Little strategist will probably come about when shit goes down with the turks.
>>
Are Ugyurs really blonde?
>>
>>138882751
Sounds odd.
>>
Of all the manga, manhua, manhwa, webtoons I've read. This is in the top 10 for me. Heck, that art alone is enough to place it there. What about you, anons?

P.s: Shit is finally starting to get real in the manhua.
>>
>>138895725
Absolutely regarding the art. Do I sound like a fag if I say that Changge is absolutely lovely as a boy?

And the artist has a strong background in Chinese traditional painting. You can see the influence everywhere.

Taking bets here - Will the Ugyurs suspect this Tang lady or trust her story?
>>
>>138895847
She will eventually sing the song her mother sung to her when she was a baby, that I'm sure of. And she will win all of them over eventually.

Cause it's a lot more tragic that way when shit hits the fan and has to choose between the Ugyurs and Tang, though I hope she will somehow get a happy ending but that's not likely.
>>
>>138896456
More likely she will have to choose between the Ugyurs and Ashina's clan.
>>
>>138896706
That too.
>>
So who will take down the Ashina clan in the end? The Mongols?
>>
>>138892963
They can be.
>>
Shut hell is turning into delicious /ss/.

Thanks anon for recommending it.
>>
>>138897108
Norwegian genes mixed in?
>>
>>138897221
No, but it does have to do with central asia having gene inflows from both east asia and west asia.

If you're interested, give these a read:
http://anthromadness.blogspot.ca/2015/07/central-asians-mixture-between-west_4.html
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/11/no-romans-needed-to-explain-chinese-blondes/#.Vu9qeOIrIQc
>>
>>138882510
Howfast is this manga coming out?
I bought the volume 3 in French when it came out and already two new ones are out.
Fucking christ.
>>
>>138897540
Thanks Hox!
>>
>>138897809
One every half a month or so in English.

They are on Vol 11 in Chinese.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.