[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the middle of Serial Experiments Lain and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1446422869821.png (114KB, 267x300px) Image search: [Google]
1446422869821.png
114KB, 267x300px
I'm in the middle of Serial Experiments Lain and I'm not terrily hooked I must say. Does it get better or will I not likely enjoy it anymore?
>>
File: 1d7.jpg (9KB, 200x226px) Image search: [Google]
1d7.jpg
9KB, 200x226px
>>138879220
>>
SEL is a meme. It's not enjoyable in the least.
>>
it pretty much stays the same

the ending is pretty fuckin wild but if you don't care now, you most likely won't care
>>
Lain is overrated between newfags and fedoras. That said, it starts to become better as the episodes go on.
>>
Lurk more.
>>
It gets better, but the pace still stays ridiculously slow.
>>
It has a very slow pace and, like most things, hasn't aged well. I tried rewatching it for the second time a few years ago and it felt much longer. Stick with it, the end is worth it.
>>
I'm a few episodes in and I can't tell if this is really massively 2deep or if its a bunch of pretentious nonsense.
>>
>>138880214
I'd say a little of both. Also, Lain is much more convoluted and purposefully cryptic than it is deep or complex.
>>
OP here, thanks for the replies.

I want to know one thing though: does the ending ultimately make sense or is it one of those cases where the writers painted themselves into a corner and they go full retard because they have no idea how to pull all the strings together in a coherent manner?
>>
>>138880462
It's a pretty explanatory ending, not that convoluted at all.

Now please, lurk more before you make a thread next time.
>>
>>138880462
Funnily enough, the last episode is probably the most coherent one. Although, they leave a bunch of things that happened earlier unexplained or just open to the viewer interpretation.
>>
Is there any symbolism in this series?
>>
Lain is one a very small list of anime I've dropped, I just couldn't get into it. I did manage to finish Texhnolyze but I didn't really get hooked into it either, dunno what it is about that style of anime that I don't get.
>>
>>138881145
There is something about the strangeness of lain that got me. It gives me this feeling i can't quite explain.
>>
Most "classics" are total shit that people only watched because there was nothing else and only defend them because nostalgia.
>>
>>138881134
Be more specific, this is a pretty vague question.
In short, yes
>>138881145
There's nothing wrong with not liking these kinds of series, they are pretty boring, as in lacking any sort of action whatsoever, and whereas lain has a lot of themes about the internet, and others which I can't recall, Texhnolyze focuses more on its characters and their motivations.

Not to mention, the payoffs aren't really that satisfying I guess, but after watching them, I found it all worth it, when I started to make sense of what was really going on.
>>138881350
Incorrect, a lot of classics made the foundation for the shows you're watching now.

I won't really go in detail with why this assumption is stupid, I'll just tell you that it is.
>>
>>138881145
I managed to finish Lain, Texhnolyze, Ergo Proxy and a bunch of other anime that people find boring, but found my match with Boogiepop phantom. It's basically the only anime I've ever dropped in my life.
>>
The thing about Lain is that its themes were pretty advanced for the time. Hell, they're more relevant than ever now.
>>
>>138881615
>Be more specific
Sorry, I meant to type is there any visual symbolism, Like those shadows and the powerlines
>>
ABe is a hack. The only reason Lain or Haibane Renmei are praised is because their settings and styles are uncommon in anime, it's one of those cases where something is considered good just because it doesn't fit in the norm.
>>
>>138882520
Despera when?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.