[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

scooby doo is anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: scoobydoo_zombie_island.jpg (157KB, 604x440px) Image search: [Google]
scoobydoo_zombie_island.jpg
157KB, 604x440px
what did you think of zombie island, /a/? still probably my favorite scooby doo film
>>
>>138860679
No wonder they gave Velma a rockin' body in that one...
>>
Doujins of daphne and velma when also traps
>>
Wasn't this typical of a lot of western cartoons in the 90's? I seem to recall something similar happening with both the superman and batman animated series
>>
YOU HEAR THE SCREECHING OF AN OWL

YOU HEAR THE WIND BEGIN TO HOWL

YOU KNOW THERE'S ZOMBIES ON THE PROWL

AND IT'S TERROR TIME AGAIN

THEY GOT YOU RUNNING THROUGH THE NIGHT
>>
I always wondered why the animation in this movie was so good. This explains it. Now time to watch it again after over a decade.
>>
Harem animu version of Ghoul School when
>>
good scooby doo movie tbqh
>>
I'm still trying to get over the whole "the zombies were actually zombies" plot twist
>>
>>138860854
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo

i should have included this in OP, it's fucking great
>>
>>138861164
That's what made it so good. It changed a boring formula. There was a real, immediate danger.
>>
that red herring cameo
>>
>>138860922
This

>>138860831
Sometimes, but in the 90's a lot of stuff was already moving on to korean animation. Batman the animated series is the first one that comes to my mind.

I can think of a couple of examples from the 80's like Clémentine, a french cartoon animated in Japan', and the beautiful looking Transformers Movie, animated by Toei. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lo7JPLJUUU
>>
>>138860679
Just got hit by a wave of nostalgia, thank you /a/non
Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost, Cyber Chase and Alien Invader's were amazing
>>
>>138861205
Years and years of it always being a guy in a mask, didn't prepare me for that zombies head coming off, all of a sudden. BOOM, the gang is actually in the shit.
>>
tfw want to watch it on my ps3 but there are no available mp4 downloads
>>
>>138860831
>>138861327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T27A73mqwIo
TMS had a lot of debt after the Little Nemo movie did badly. Part of their push to recoup the costs came from working on western cartoons, including Batman and Superman.

It's a shame, because it wasn't a bad movie. Even if Miyazaki thought his work on its production was a bigger mistake than anime. The original comic strip is a tough act to follow, though.

>>138861176
It's not bad or anything, but they sound like an Offspring cover band. Nothing will replace my memories of watching this while eating breakfast before school.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_C2HJvtRDY
>>
>>138861978
Is a shame it did that badly, because the animation is fucking amazing.
>>
Tory cuts.
>>
>>138861402
Yeah man, they spent like the first 15 mins of zombie island playing out how they are tired of the man in a mask trope or whatever, it setup the movie nicely.
>>
>>138861738
Just convert the mkv to mp4 nigga
>>
Scooby-doo genuinely is anime.

>Iwao Takamoto (April 29, 1925 – January 8, 2007) was a Japanese American animator, television producer, and film director. He began his career as a production and character designer for Walt Disney Productions films such as Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp and Cinderella. Later he moved to Hanna-Barbera Productions where he designed 85% of the characters, including Scooby-Doo and Astro and eventually became a director and producer.
>>
>>138860679
That takes me back quite a bit, I remember liking it.
>>
>>138862161

Right? The pilot is even better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIS2JhWli_A

If only it weren't for production drama and weak writing
>>
>>138860679
man i remember zombie island is legit scary scooby doo
>>
I just remembered Casey Kasem died.
Fuck.
>>
>>138865249
Wow, hadn't seen that one. Shit looks and feels Ghibli as fuck.
You can see how much care and love went into this. The movie gives me a "is a kid's movie, don't think too much, nobody will care about it anyway" feel to me.
How the fuck could they manage to mess it up that bad, having a concept so exploitable and a pilot so fucking solid? Is really a shame.
>>
>>138862432
In many ways Samantha is an ordinary girl, she once used a jungle canyon rope bridge.
>>
Not anime.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.