[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nichijou will be held as a Masterpiece 20 years from now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: ni.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
ni.webm
2MB, 854x480px
Nichijou will be held as a Masterpiece 20 years from now
>>
hailed?
>>
Be honest /a/, should I watch it ?
>>
I was just calling it a masterpiece a couple weeks ago. Before that even.
>>
>>138860423
It's a good anime. Why not?
>>
>>138860501
Because I can't tell if it's good since I still haven't watched it ?

But I will, then, thanks.
>>
File: 1446160006653.jpg (102KB, 540x763px) Image search: [Google]
1446160006653.jpg
102KB, 540x763px
>>138859452
No, just no.
>>
>>138859452
It's really good.
>>
Nichijou was alright, way overrated imo
>>
>>138859452
>Nichijou

What? Nichijou? Never heard of it.
>>
I bet the same people who like Nichijou like shit like Tim & Eric.
>>
>>138860518
So why do you even ask? The only way to know if it's good is to just watch it.
>>
>masterpiece
It would be if not for the hakase skits.
>>
I really like Nichijou but the people who complain about it are insufferable.

>none of the jokes/skits are funny because I don't understand them so that means that it's shit and no one should like it and if they do like it they're moronic, autistic and have no sense of humor

All it takes is to have some interest in the country that is developing and creating the medium that you spend your lonely life watching day after day to understand what's going on.
>>
>>138861250
I loved Nichijou and I hate Tim & Eric with a passion, actually.
>>
File: 1409495088158.gif (93KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1409495088158.gif
93KB, 500x281px
>>138861380
what did you just say faggot?
>>
File: 1436995542194.png (37KB, 315x311px) Image search: [Google]
1436995542194.png
37KB, 315x311px
>>138859452
>Nichijou
>Masterpiece
>>
File: Hakase6.jpg (59KB, 578x557px) Image search: [Google]
Hakase6.jpg
59KB, 578x557px
>>138861380
shit taste friend
>>
File: 1454009899174.jpg (17KB, 399x276px) Image search: [Google]
1454009899174.jpg
17KB, 399x276px
>read the Nichijou manga
>literally don't understand like 75% of the punchlines
>>
>>138867056
>you must be this japanese to ride.jpg
>>
S͈̫͈͇̣͌͗̈́̊̋̽̚͞ǔ̵̥̪͔̙̯͖̉ͩ̒ͬ̇͒̊̍͢͡p̧̯̮͈͙͈ͣ̇ͩ͆ͥ /a/, I came from the̱̘͕ͭ̔ ͖̖̗͚͉͉̈͊̋f̙͓̹̩̻͙͈ͫȗ͎͈͒ͮ̈ͫt̗̹̭̖̦̠͌̂ure 2̳̩͕̗͛̈̓͋̓̉̒ͅ0͓̮̞̞͌ͅ year͙̲̩̟̗͂s̝̮͍̗̻̥ͥͩͫ̔̓ͯ̉ ͨ̓̆͑̆̓͡f̻̣̪̱̩̯̱͋ͧ̊ř̨̞͍͈̰ͥ̎̄͐ͪom now.
It doesn't
>>
>>138859452
Hah hah!

It is funny, you see, because the milk was BAD and it tasted accordingly.
>>
Dr. Slump and Shin Chan will forever be the best Comedy by Japan.
>>
>>138861688
What's there to misunderstand about protracted, mundane dicking around and CUH-RAY-ZEE random nonsense?
>>
>>138867488
You, like most people, don't get the point of most skits in Nichijou. No it's not a Japanese thing, at least not for most of them, the anime left out those. If you think the point of that joke was that the milk was bad and she makes a funny face then it completely goes over your head. It's nothing deep or anything but it's painfully obvious what Nichijou tried to do when you pay attention to the whole show, it's like connecting the dots.
>>
>>138867709
But animating the girl reaching inside the fridge for the milk, drinking it and then reacting to the awful taste all dramatically and dynamic-like adds nothing to the joke itself. It's just labored to the point of obnoxiousness. I mean, this isn't even in the realm of timing or delivery anything. They're just drawing as much attention as possible to what tiny fragment of an almost-joke there was in that scene.

It's like when that one girl witnessed her principal suplexing a deer. This could have potentially been a quick and funny little scene, but then the audience has to endure this brainless bint exaggeratingly reacting to the event and giving an internal blow-by-blow of what she's seeing, conveying just how shocked and weirded out she is by this exceedingly unorthodox turn of events, oh me oh my!

THAT'S what people mean when they say FORCED ANIMATION. It FORCES the 'joke' and tries to elevate it to something greater than what it really is: trite bullshit.
>>
>>138867488
>>138868203
In that scene, her older sister makes some pudding with dried mackerel flavor. It tastes awful and she goes running around trying to wash out the nasty taste. The "forced animation" is there to convey her mentality. By that, i mean there is this sort of adrenaline rush or overwhelming anxiety to flush the taste out, hence the yelling and overreactions. The scene goes on to show they have no running water nor anything at hand, so she rushes to the fridge and grab milk because its the first thing she sees, which (continuing beyond the webm) turns out to have more pudding making the taste linger more. Turns out her older sister is just pulling another prank on her and bla blah blah.
Sometimes i feel as though calling nichijou shit is just a meme that /a/ likes to use.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.