[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>does nothing wrong >hated by everyone why must he suffer guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: oberstein.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oberstein.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>does nothing wrong
>hated by everyone
why must he suffer guys
>>
>>138838462
That was explained pretty well during the last episodes of the anime.
>>
>>138838520
This. He pretty much explained everything he did later on in the anime
>>
Because it was all a part of his plan to focus animosity on himself making it unlikely that the rest of the top brass would fight among eachother when they all have disliking oberstein in common.
>>
>>138838715
It's sort of a shame, a lot of people who want to talk about the anime like OP would do better by searching the archives, since no one really talks about it anymore.

And for good reason, it didn't really hide any of its messages, and was pretty clear about the morality of the character.
>>
>>138838462
>acted on the imagined threat of kircheis having too much privilege, which leads directly to reinhardt being in mortal danger and kircheis being dead
>completely failed to keep a leash on lang, who nearly anyone could see was willing to collude with elements dangerous to the empire in order to further his goals

nah, he didn't quite do nothing wrong even by his own standard of furthering the empire
>>
>>138838462
Even if he did nothing wrong (and that's factually incorrect since he both literally killed Kircheis and was directly responsible for Reuenthal's rebellion), it's perfectly normal to hate a person based on their disposition.
>>
His only flaws were being uncooperative and mistrustfull. Otherwise he rocked at his job. The anime explained this.

Kircheis and Reuenthal would have revolted anyway, Lang was needed to catch Rubinski, Westerlands was needed to curb noble privilege.
>>
>>138838462
He can take it.
>>
>>138838843
We talk about LOGH all the time. In fact, LOGH is probably among the most-discussed older anime on /a/.
>>
>that episode with the gore
>>
>>138841381
Define older.
NGE has at least 3 threads with 300+ replies daily
>>
>>138842890
And Eva is also among the most-discussed older anime on /a/.

However, Eva discussions are mostly butthurt waifu wars. Which is a good thing though because there is nothing more cringeworthy than "serious" Eva discussion.
>>
>>138838843
>>138841381
We can talk about it more now that the books are being released in English. More details and insight into the story.
>>
>>138838462
> >does nothing wrong
Yes he did. But that was shitty plot twist, he wasn't supposed to be a betrayer. And the reason is shit.
>>
>>138841733
That one in the middle with people burning, trying to keep their guts inside, and probably the most unnerving part where that guy cut in half is crawling and calling for his mom.

Why you gotta make me remember.
>>
Oberstein knew what he was getting into when he signed up for the job. He knows that it's his job to be the asshole and he does it because someone has to do it. Oberstein was there to be the devil's advocate, to suggest the most efficiency means of dealing with a situation even if it was heartless and cruel. To attract all the animosity among the generals onto himself. Kircheis and Oberstein are like Reinhard's conscience, the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. When he loses Kircheis, he relies more on Oberstein's advice and has to constantly grasp the locket and ask himself "what would Kircheis think?"
>>
>>138843510
FUCK
I'm sorry, i mixed him up with the betrayer guy.
>>
>>138843594
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uR5SF4fx9Q
>>
>>138843801
FUCK
>>
>>138843801
THIS is why Yang was such a depressed guy. He was always thinking in the back of his head "I just sent thousands more to their gruesome deaths, what a despicable man I am"
>>
>>138844033
If Yang cared about his men, he would not have let their deaths go in vain by obeying the government orders to stand down in his moment of victory and would have taken down the tyrant.

All Yang cared about was his paycheck and legacy.
>>
>>138844270
Had he cared about his legacy he WOULD have taken him down. Yang put his ideals first. He obeyed those that were democratically elected rather than taking things into his own hands and making himself an autocrat.
>>
>>138844270
Yang was an idealist, he felt democracy was worth it, despite how shitty and corrupt the higher ups were. Yang could have easily taken over a few times, but doing so would have made him a hypocrit and it would be tantamount to him admitting that democracy could never work; at that point, he might as well swear fealty to Reinhard, because he'd be acknowledging that Reinhard's way was the correct way. Yang did what he did while knowing Reinhard was a superior ruler, because he knows Reinhard won't live forever and his progeny might not be able to fill his shoes.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.