[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the print of Shonen Jump so bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: shonene jump wagwam.jpg (186KB, 900x476px) Image search: [Google]
shonene jump wagwam.jpg
186KB, 900x476px
I just got my first physical copy of shonen jump , can anyone explain why the paper and print quality is so shit ?

not my picture btw
>>
>>138837750
They're meant to be read and then trashed. The specific series volumes is what is meant to be collected, the magazines are supposed to be as cheap as possible.
>>
It's the size of a fucking phonebook. It will obviously have shit paper quality to still be affordable.
Don't be dumb.
>>
It's a weekly mag, you fucking retard.
>>
>>138837864
>>138837925
>>138838000
>it's popular
>so it's supposed to be bad
well fuck you too faggots
>>
>>138838043
Learn to read fucktard. WSJ isn't ever meant to be collected, why would you waste money on good quality paper for something which you aren't expecting anyone to keep. That's why the weekly stuff is dirt cheap but the tankobons are expensive since they are the collectable item.

Why are you even getting WSJ if you don't know this already.
>>
>>138837750
It's meant to be cheap.
People buy it, read the content they want, and throw it away.
>>
How much does a WSJ issue cost anyway.
>>
>>138838412

really ? I like the covers and will probably keep mine
>>
>>138838497

I got one for 5 pounds
>>
What a waste of paper.
>>
>>138838546

just did some research apparently it's printed on second hand paper senpai deshou o genki desu
>>
>>138838222
>Why are you even getting WSJ if you don't know this already.
He probably bought it it because he didn't know.
>>
Because it's meant to be read and then thrown away.

By the way, most of japanese magazines looks like fucking phonebooks.
Got one Hobby Japan few years ago, shit was huge and heavy.
>>
The better question is why they make such a big deal of color pages. I used to think that color pages were expensive, and they could only print about 5 pages without increasing the price of the magazine, but every week there are like 20 to 30 color pages of ads.
Why?
>>
>>138838867

it's second hand paper and the colour hides imperfections. The official reason is that viewers match the colour to the series they want. Blue pages ? One Piece
>>
>>138838540
Seems like a good deal. A shitton of content ranging from mediocre to good.
>>
>>138838043
it's like watching a television broadcast and complaining that it's not as good as watching a bluray set
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.