[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without resorting to the cop-out answers of "just let the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: giphy.gif (492KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
492KB, 500x375px
Without resorting to the cop-out answers of "just let the franchise die", "it shouldn't have happened in the first place", "dragon ball was never good" and so on, how could Toriyama and Toei handled the revival of the Dragon Ball franchise more tastefully?
>>
>>138834712
It should take Goku's adventure to the next level, with him training his first student, eventually passing the torch to him.
>>
Better animation and art. Story wise they're doing pretty damn good.
>>
The story is not that bad. But the animation and the art is horrible. Sure DBZ also had a bunch of quality moments, but the fights at least had 90% of good animation. DBS doesnt even try to look decent.
>>
>>138834855
>>138834933
>Better animation and art. Story wise they're doing pretty damn good.
>The story is not that bad. But the animation and the art is horrible.
Which bothers me, because the films had better art and animation, and even the story, whilst mostly the same, was more consistent (recognizing the Tarble side-story as canon, explaining more about what the fuck Pilaf and gang are doing there, and so on). The films literally did everything Super did, but better.

I think the best way to handle it would have been to treat Battle Of Gods and Resurrection F as the first two in a set of seven films, with each film coming out every 1-1.5 years. Dub Yo! Son Goku And Friends Return, and all the side-stories like Satan fighting the space cats could be handled as a side manga (instead of the current manga which is literally just another retelling). Super didn't need to exist, the films were generating enough hype, revenue, and were leagues above Super in terms of quality.
>>
>>138834712
>revival of the franchise
Why did this even become a thing

>Remember this show we all loved when we were children? Let's let the next generation enjoy it too and...
20th century logic:
>...reair it
21st century logic:
>make a new series of it.
>>
>>138834712
Better overall direction on Super.
I don't even mind the bad animation, but the choreography is downright awful. Even good animation wouldn't fix it.
And the music is just sort of there. It's not so bad that it makes the show worse, but it's also not good enough to actually add anything to the scenes.
>>
>>138835873
>Why did this even become a thing
Because the live action movie was so bad it offended Toriyama to the point that he felt he had to step in and "save" the franchise.
>>
>>138835873
Because Toei had a good thing going with the new side series of OVAs and films (Tarble, Gods, Resurrection F), but somewhere during the success of Resurrection F they realized they didn't actually need to put effort into it. Resurrection F was clear indication that nostalgia and rehash (bringing back Frieza? Really?) sells regardless of quality, and thus Super came into existence.

They could have preserved the integrity of the franchise if they just dubbed the last season of Kai, dubbed the Tarble OVA, and then cranked out a few more Battle Of Gods film sequels. Too late now, though
>>
>Without resorting to the cop-out answers of "just let the franchise die", "it shouldn't have happened in the first place"

Sorry but Dragon Ball was overstaying its welcome during its original run. It should probably have ended at Frieza and definitely after Cell. Nothing stays good forever, it gets moldy. The is no good way to bring Dragon Ball back short of a complete reboot with a new universe and new characters that just continues on the spirit of the original.
>>
>>138837263
That's not the point. The point isn't whether Dragon Ball overstayed it's welcome in the first place - it's how they could have best handled a revival situation, even if you think Dragon Ball shouldn't have come back to begin with
>>
I would have given the writers enough time to finish new scripts so that we don't waste episodes recapping the movies.
>>
>>138836210
I disagree. RoF was pretty good. It was nice to see Roshi, Krillin and Tenshinhan back in action.
It was also the first time Jaco appeared on the screen.
The only thing that bothered me was the occasional Wii-tier CGI, which affected BoG as well.
They brought Freeza back because he's still ridiculously popular.
>>
>>138839077
I'm not necessarily calling Resurrection F bad - but it definitely paved the way for the shameless nostalgia cash-grab that is Super.
>Battle Of Gods had quality, with a little bit of fanwank nostalgia
>Resurrection F had quality, with a lot of fanwank nostalgia
>Super has lots of fanwank nostalgia, but no quality
>>
>>138834712
Doing only BoG and leaving it at that.
>>
>>138834712
Depends on what you call the "revival"? Is it where Z started or ended, Super, GT?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.