[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the ideal conditions for his creativity to thrive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 14405.jpg (39KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
14405.jpg
39KB, 225x350px
What would be the ideal conditions for his creativity to thrive?
>>
whatever fellini's deal was
>>
File: Hikaru-Shindo.jpg (43KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
Hikaru-Shindo.jpg
43KB, 250x229px
Never seen anyone pull that hairstyle off in 3d. How does a jap even dye their hair blond? I thought it was nigh impossible against black?
>>
>>138828682
It's too late for him. He missed his chance. Probably could have been an Oshii-tier anime film maker.
>>
>>138829200
You're pretty stupid.
>>
>>138828682
Madhouse, they'll let their guys do practically anything.

>>138829224
not this shit again
>>
>>138829267
you too, homie.
>>
>>138828682

A man his age shouldn't have stupid colored hair like that.
>>
>>138829267
for you
>>
He and Enokido get back together ;_;
>>
>>138829629
>bepapas reunion never
>>
File: 1450917123091.jpg (176KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1450917123091.jpg
176KB, 731x1024px
>>138829349
don't tell Ikuhara what to do, he'll do what ever he feels like.
>>
>Ikuhara praising Yuuki Aoi's performance in the Yuri Kuma Arashi audio commentary
Give her a bigger role next time, Iku.
>>
He is good in small doses. There were 15 years between Utena and Penguindrum, but not even 2 years between Penguindrum and Yuribears.
>>
>>138828682
A studio apartment filled with mushrooms and modern art
>>
>>138828682
A decade hiatus between shows
>>
>>138828830
lol
>>
>>138830520
How loud did you laughed?
>>
>>138830567
Not very loudly.
>>
>>138830077
That makes me wonder what Ikuhara's home actually looks like.
>>
>>138828682
Anno whispering homoerotic things in his ear.
>>
For me that would be:
1. 90s series length, 3 to 4 cour.
2. Not allowing him to write the story. He sucks at that. He should limit himself to direction.
3. A good music director. MPD and YKA had some okay music, but nowhere near the level of Utena.
4. A character designer with an eye-catching style. MPD and YKA had cute designs, but they weren't the type top draw people in, in this day and age.
5. Try to avoid situations that can be a bit too controversial, like Kanba turning into a terrorist or Ginko being a bit too selfish. Notice that characters doing those things isn't a problem, but MCs doing them can be. Consider Nanami in Utena, she started as a bitch character and became a good person as the story progressed, becoming one of the side-characters with the most development. Her mischief works because she's a side character. In Anthy's case, her betrayal only happened at the very end, so its more palatable than Kanba or Ginko being thrown dirt since the middle of the story.
>>
>>138830653
Houses are too mainstream. He doesn't have such a thing.
>>
>>138830986
Penguindrum and YKA had great music though
>>
>>138830986
almost all of those suggestions suck dick.
>>
>>138830986
>Kanba turning into a terrorist
While it was eye-rolling at first the clues are there since the beginning. We know that he makes shady deal with shady people. We also knew that he idolise his father and would do anything to follow his footstep. When it was reveal their parents are terrorist everything fall into place. We just have to accept that objectively Kanba isn't that good of a person to begin with (mooching of his girlfriends etc.), he seem like a good person because we saw him subjectively from other siblings' eye.
>>
>>138828682
Get a good writer/writing team to ground him, particularly the character writing, but who agrees with his general ideas and themes. I wouldn't change his direction though.

Items was his very best.
>>
>>138831945
I'm not saying it wasn't foreshadowed. It's that it was a MC doing so, and by the end he didn't even get a proper punishment out of it (considering he was about to do something horrible), and even went out somewhat heroically.

Mind you, I can understand Kanba's position somehow, since Kanba, Shouma and Himari were people that had been cast away from society, for things they had no involvement on. Himari was dying and he became desperate. So, between a society that didn't give a single fuck about him and his loved ones, and his adopted sister whom he loves as a woman, the choice was rather obvious.

However, it still remains a fact that it wasn't some side character who did that, but a protagonist, especially the one who had tried to keep the trio together the most.

Then you also have some other factors, like him no longer caring about his blood related family, having a younger brother who is also sickly.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think flawless MCs are boring as fuck, and whilst you can have really flawed MCs, Kanba went to the point in which you could no longer feel proper empathy for him.
>>
>>138832485
For me, the biggest problem is that Kanba was treated as a byronic hero rather than a sociopath. Nobody ever call him for his bullshit, it was always kanba is a good boy, dindu nuffin
>>
>>138830986
>3. A good music director. MPD and YKA had some okay music, but nowhere near the level of Utena.
They were both better than Utena's.
>>
>>138832679
Exactly, now think the same about Ginko, who whilst not a terrorist, left Sumika to die for her own selfish reasons.
>>
File: kanbaxhimari.jpg (105KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
kanbaxhimari.jpg
105KB, 1366x768px
>>138832896
>>138832679
What Kanba and Ginko have in common is that they see love as ownership and as a sick obsession. In either case their perspective is challenged, in fact is rewarded and recognized in-universe as true love. Hell, just say to a landwhale that Himari didn't reciprocate Kanba's feelings at the end and she'll literally eat you alive or even worse, make a long boring speech of why Kanba is the perfect boyfriend
>>
>>138832896
Sumika died for her sins.
>>
>>138833120
>their perspective is never challenged
Fix'd
Sorry
>>
>>138832875
I like the music for Pingudrum and YKA but can't agree.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.