[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toradora!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 20

File: latest[2].jpg (28KB, 631x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
28KB, 631x480px
Just finished this and wanted to know what /a/ thought of it.

Also, would you agree that Ami is the most sympathetic character in the show?
>>
>>138664336
A shit.
>>
i didn't finish it but I enjoyed more than most romantic comedy series
>>
Ami is mature and smarter than everyone else, just like me.
>>
I wish Ami win the Ryuujibowl. But he had shot taste
>>
>>138664680
shit*
>>
>>138664336
It started off kind of boring, gradually got better, and ended really well in my view.

I felt bad for Ami, I'm glad Ryuji and Taiga ended up getting together but the unrequited thing was pretty obvious in the latter part of the series.
>>
>>138664758
I thought it was cheap how all the girls who liked Ryuuji were still rooting for Taiga. That chase in the school was stupid.

Would've been better if they weren't pushed toward each other so much, and instead realized themselves that they liked each other.

Also Taiga a shit
>>
they did her character development better then any other in this show
>>
File: image.png (568KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
568KB, 1136x640px
/a/mi is our self insert and a best
Taiga is for normalfags
>>
>>138664680
Ami didn't really try to win. If she did she'd probably have a pretty good chance, it'd just depend on when she starts trying (preferably during the beach trip when Ryuuji gets shot down).
>>
>>138664336
Watched the anime ~5 years ago: loved it (apart from the last 2-3 episodes... eloping was ok... then suddenly they went back, Taiga left, stupid time skip, no contact over 1-2 years wtf? ending itself was ok).
Back then I loved Taiga, Ami was quite good (perfect support character, who knew exactly what people wanted/needed), Minori was just a weirdo (I remember her talking about aliens) and too hyper, though I felt bad for her at the end. I actually wanted the original pairings instead of Toraxdora (no hater^^)

Years later I watched the new OVA... it was "ok". Didn't remember any of the side characters, and most of the mains annoyed me or I felt indifferent.

~2 years ago I started reading the LN. In that time I read ~30 volumes of other LNs, completed several series, yet I only read 3 volumes of Toradora (on/off, sometimes stalling during a volume for half a year).
Somehow the novel is boring and full of pointless drivel. The character's problems are idiotic. And knowing who ends up together makes the whole Taiga-Megane / Ryuuji-Minori pointless filler.
V1 was actually ok, but very generic. V2 I just hated the whole stalker thing, the idiocy in the rain, fake/real Ami, Taiga was annoying etc. V3 was better, but still stupid. Can't swim? Then don't bet and act all superior. Overall I'm just not interested in anything that happens.

My main issue with the LN is the characters. Ryuuji apparently loves Minori sooo much, yet he always thinks about how beautiful, sexy or cute other girls are (Taiga, Ami, some chicks in his class), not cool. He's also too submissive and does everything for Taiga. She is too bitchy and retarded (basically as useless as Shiina Mashiro, but less beautiful and overall just aggressive). Kitamura? is totally unlikable, no idea how to put up with him... Ami is still too bitchy and her fake/real switching sucks. But there's potential. Minori is ok so far, less annoying, but still weird.
Can't believe I loved these chars back then...
>>
>>138664637
Also nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
File: bitch.png (186KB, 855x473px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.png
186KB, 855x473px
Taiga a shit. The author knew that all the beta otaku nerds wanted an annoying dominant womyn who will treat them like shit.

True patricians and /a/lpha males like myself know that Ami is best girl that only /a/lphas can appreciate.
>>
>>138664336
Shit anime.
Ami is best girl.
>>
>>138665011
>ryuuji apparently loves Minori sooo much, yet he always thinks about how beautiful, sexy or cute other girls are
relationships 101 desu lad
>>
>>138665065
It wasn't Taiga that was the problem. It was Ryuuji. The guy was a complete doormat and the furthest thing from a "dragon"
>>
It was depressing.

One thing I hate about these fucking romcom shows is the tropes. If characters end up together during the run, then it goes to shit as the conflict becomes melodramatic (Lovely Complex), therefore even though two people will end up together, it needs to be stretched out. But holy fuck, this is one of the many shows that needed to be only 13 episodes.
>>
File: Kawashima.Ami.full.1226694.jpg (645KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kawashima.Ami.full.1226694.jpg
645KB, 900x900px
>>138664336
Best girl OP
>>
>>138664336
It says a lot about the cast when the narcicisstic/histrionic bitch is the most sympathetic character in the story.
Ryuji really shouldn't end with Taiga though. It seal the parasitic all-give-and-no-take relationship instead of giving chance for both characters to develop. They also didn't really earn the happy ending but their friends sacrifice their happiness to bring them together.
>>
>>138665065
Mmmhhh... I want a dominant woman, but Taiga is literally an abusive person. I can't stand her act. Toradora is the only anime I've watched where I regret my 480 minutes watching them.
>>
>>138664336
Back in 2008 I considered it a 9/10

Spawned the worst tripfag of all time, so 3/10 at best.

I even forgot about that episode that was supposed to be oh so memoriable.

What a load of dung this shit is.
>>
>>138664680
>>138664992
how come she never confessed her feelings to Ryuuji?
>>
>>138665155
Yeah, no.
Even as a teen and child when I "loved" a girl, I only had eyes for her. I believe that's the normal behavior when you fall for someone, everyone else becomes uninteresting. Only after being with someone and getting bored or when your feelings are shallow do you actually "look" at other people. (not saying it applies to every person, but the majority. Also not saying you can't find other people attractive. And even though Ryuuji's feelings actually are shallow, to him they aren't. Which makes his blushing and swooning at other girls seem like crappy behavior)

I also do know that basically every rom-com has people liking multiple people and shit, but somehow in Toradora's case it just triggers me because it's annoying and something is different.
Maybe it's because these characters feel like they love others, but they never even interacted with them at all and know nothing about them (before the start of the anime/LN)? Reminds me of School Days. Makoto observed Kotonoha and "loved her" without knowing her. She was just his obsession. Same applies to Minori. Yet Ryuuji doesn't actually show much interest in her in the LN. He's more concerned with Taiga and her crap all the time. He would even bathe her if she couldn't do it herself...
Maybe I just can't get into the LN and the anime actually was better by cutting crap out and showing only the important stuff? I always wanted to rewatch it, but after being disappointed by the LN I don't want to shatter my like of the anime^^
>>
>>138665973
>that episode that was supposed to be oh so memoriable.
can anybody clarify what episode he's referring to?
>>
>>138664336
>wanted to know what /a/ thought of it.
We've had two Toradora threads this week. How did you miss them?
>>
>>138664336
Not really. She was the only one who could see through everyones bullshit, but she was so fake-deep it made her annoying.
>>
>>138664992
She didn't have a chance at all once she revealed her true personality. Ryuji was more attracted to her when she was acting all girly and shy, but just saw her as a bro when he saw what she was really like.
>>
>>138665411
This. The guy never stood up for himself a little. Would've looked like a better relationship if he did.
>>
>>138665065
Ami was also dominant just in a manipulative way. Whether it's Taiga or Ami, Ryuji is destined to be the submissive housewife.
>>
>>138664680
any girl was better than tiaga. However dont try and change the nips from their shit taste, its in their genes.
>>
>>138667170
The only episodes that stand out amongst the rest are the Christmas episode, the one wear Taiga's dad flakes on her, or the one where they kiss.
>>
>>138664336
Taiga is superior.
>>
>>138664336
Ami a best girl

Taiga a decent tsundere
Minori a worst character
7/10 show
>>
File: ami_01.jpg (62KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
ami_01.jpg
62KB, 848x480px
Ami gets better the more you rewatch it.
>>
File: 1450655810890-a.jpg (208KB, 1280x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1450655810890-a.jpg
208KB, 1280x1411px
>>138664336
Ami is best girl. She was the best at being a bro, she already understood how relationships worked, her working as a model has made her wise in ways the other girls wouldn't understand, she's not a womanlet and she is by far the most attractive.
>>
>>138664680
Just remember that both Ryuuji and Ami's VA, in their commentaries, think that their characters were right for each other and should have ended up together.
>>
>>138668777
Who cares what a couple of nips think? Also it would look bad for the director if they said otherwise.
>>
>8 years later
>Amifags still mad

Stay salty, Taiga is forever.
>>
The "will they, won't they" nonsense between Taiga and the MC went on for 6-7 episodes longer than it should've. Didn't help that Minori and the guy Taiga lusted over were pretty lame too.
>>
>>138668964
They didn't even try to clean up the misunderstanding and work in order to confess their love.
I found the first 8 episodes somewhat pointless, if it wasn't for the cast's reveal.
>>
>>138668944
>salty
18+ etc.
>>
>>138664336
Taiga Aisaka - best girl. Divine tsundere and pretty palmtop tiger. No dispute.
>>
File: 1384764233167.png (590KB, 532x1157px) Image search: [Google]
1384764233167.png
590KB, 532x1157px
Ami made the show worth watching, but as she faded off in the second half it got boring.
>>
>>138668766
why does the bottom of her skirt stick to her legs?
>>
>>138670742
No pantsushot. It's not ecchi, it's romance.
>>
>>138670864
she can stuff the top part of her skirt between her legs if she wants to be a proper lady
>>
File: 1231154338292.jpg (38KB, 650x805px) Image search: [Google]
1231154338292.jpg
38KB, 650x805px
>>138670742
>>138670864
>>138670936
Christian anime for pure sensibilities.
>>
File: 48ekmj9.jpg (91KB, 896x1280px) Image search: [Google]
48ekmj9.jpg
91KB, 896x1280px
While I certainly believe that Ami is best girl in the series, I really can't imagine Ryuiji ending up with anyone else other than Taiga.

The series showed just how well the two were made for eachother, they compliment one another and out of all the girls Ryuiji and Taiga seem the most likely to stick together for the rest of their lives.

Remember, you're allowed to have an opinion on who best girl is based on your personal preferences, but that doesn't mean she'd be the best girl for the protagonist.
>>
Ryuuji x Yasuko OTP.
>>
>>138670936
But she don't wants to be a proper ledy. She is cold hard bitch which doesn't even respect the laws of physics.
>>
File: eating cornflakes.gif (2MB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
eating cornflakes.gif
2MB, 320x362px
>>138671074
>that moment one of your classmates dresses up as a dominatrix
>>
>>138664336
That's Minori, but Ami is a close second
>>
>>138672599
This guy knows.
>>
>>138664336
Taiga > Ami >>> Minori
>>
>>138672788
>Taiga > Kitamura >>> Ami >>> Minori
Fixed,
>>
File: Minorin.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Minorin.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
>>138664336
Best girl reporting for duty!
>>
>>138674390
Why is Minori so hated or disliked?
>>
>ahahahaha isn't it funny how everyone else is so dumb and immature and I'm so smart and mature
>ahahahaha isn't it funny how nobody can understand my needlessly cryptic messages but me
>ahahahaha isn't it funny how I can solve everybody's problems by saying a single sentence to Ryuji but refuse to do so out of selfish desires which I already know I can never obtain

Ami is a fucking cunt; a conceited sociopath.

>in b4 "why would anyone give up on the person they love"

It wasn't fucking love, it's a goddamn puppy love crush. For someone who thinks she's as mature as she does she sure acted immaturely by not simply doing the right thing for everyone involved.

Ami a shit, Taiga a best.
>>
>>138675113
>this is what taiga actually believes
>>
File: Wait-what.gif (468KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Wait-what.gif
468KB, 500x281px
I don't really remember much about it other then the ending being handle like ass because the nips handle endings like ass.
>>
>>138675113
>hahaha why should I tell the person crushing on me that I'm not interested
>hahaha why would I be a tiny bit more honest and make everything easier for everyone involved
>hahaha why would I not just completely ignore the drama for the most part and let the girl into me know I'm not interested
You can do that for everyone.
Yes, if people acted out of character, they could solve problems easily, that isn't surprising.
And don't act like Ryuuji and Taiga started out as the deepest of loves.
>>
I enjoyed it quite a lot (althought I still think that his/her circumstances directed by master Anno was better), but by its own logic, if Ryūji had approached Minori, the way he did with Taiga, who was from his perspective a stranger and a psycho while Minori an established friend, then they would have gotten together, instead he seems like he was always afraid of making a move and waiting for some kind of special moment to happen as if it would solve everything at once.

Or is just me?

But eh, who am I to speak when I am a permavirgin.
>>
>>138675440
I'm a virgin too, but I have enough common sense to doing something about it instead of holding in.
>>
>>138675440
of course they would have been together. They liked eachother so there is no reason to say no. Only during the end she turns him down because she thinks he should be with taiga.

Hell with taiga and that other guy they had to get that retarded asspull he didnt accept it because of retarded reasons.
>>
>>138664336
Yeah well, the story wasn't about her anyway.
>>
Ami was horribly underdeveloped and I felt her character never had a conclusion in the story like the others did.
Taiga was alright for a tsundere, better then most generic mainstream tsuns, but Minorin was a fucking shit despite my love for Yui Horie.
6/10/ show, would not research fully aside from the last select episodes.
>>
File: Remove Baka.png (609KB, 510x529px) Image search: [Google]
Remove Baka.png
609KB, 510x529px
>>138670204

This, only reason I enjoyed the series was because of Ami. Then she was tossed aside for the generic shitty Tsundere voiced by that annoying VA that looks like a 50 year old man.
>>
>>138676728
Ami of course was horribly developed and felt more like an entry to force a conflict early on without damaging the established love triangles. Best part of her though was later when she knew the situation exactly and told ryuji to grow a pair since they were just being retarded for the sake of drama.

Taiga was not a good tsundere, shes one of those shit modern abusive tsunderes that has no trouble hitting something. If you cant write a tsundere and have to make her hit people to show how angry she is you shouldnt write a tsundere.

Minorin went from quirky funny to retarded.
>>
>>138664637
>mature and smarter
>just like me
>>
File: 1455592484054.jpg (179KB, 678x2302px) Image search: [Google]
1455592484054.jpg
179KB, 678x2302px
>>138668777
Trips confirm.
>>
>>138676834
Now that I think about it, Ami's introduction seems like a "slap dash" decision just to spice things up.

Because nips' writer use violent tsunderes as slapstick aggressor (Taiga) against a slapstick victim (Ryuji) and pretend that is also romantic.
I don't mind comedy bits in romance stories (I found Karekano and My Little Monster hilarious when they pulled comedy), but why it must feel taken out from some cheap manual?
And before saying crap about "slapstick is a low form of comedy anyway", ANY style of comedy can be pulled off wonderfully, we have to keep in mind Laurel and Hardy; Buster Keaton; Three Stoges and Charlie Chaplin in regard of slapstick humor.
>>
>>138677422
>but why it must feel taken out from some cheap manual?
Because it pretty much is. If I recall right Toradora is a light novel series.

If you look at them they all go through the same motions. First they introduce a setting and characters, the setting is usually a bit unique and maybe actually quite good but the characters rely on archetypes. The initial story they worked out is put in the first few novels. Usually if the first one or two novels sell well they want to milk it more and basically all romantic development gets put on ice.

Even though they kissed and they know eachothers feelings they awkwardly sit next to eachother with nothing at all. After all the confession is the climax and if you are going to write more novels that doesnt work out well at all. So what you get is the same old regurgitated shit you know. These are taken from other LNs and popular anime.

Beach episodes, ski episodes, school festival episodes. Of course for the romantic comedy they use the same shit as used before as well. Beach episodes consists of losing a bikini top, school festival has a maid cafee or ghosthouse. In the end the original story is so derailed its just a sad trainwreck you might see an odd post about on /a/ with people asking if someone is still following it.

Even worse is that the MCs still havent evolved into having nuts. Sure they get their face buried in boobs all the time but even when they shove their dick down a girl her vagina they dont even have the balls to thrust.
>>
>>138664946
>our self insert

Wouldn't that make Ami for normalfags?
>>
File: 434543543535435.jpg (575KB, 1852x1274px) Image search: [Google]
434543543535435.jpg
575KB, 1852x1274px
I really like Minorin and her problems. If it wasn't called Toradora they could've explored them a bit more.
I suppose that's true for all three of the girls. It takes so long for the story to get to their true personalities that when it finally gets interesting it's over.
>>
>>138678066
Well, it seems this isn't worth my time, but I'll give it untill episode 13 to conivnce me.
If it fails, down to the gutter.

I've still other rom-com anime to check out, so is not a tragedy.
>>
File: kisskissfallinlove.jpg (99KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kisskissfallinlove.jpg
99KB, 1920x1080px
>>138664336
I was amazed I loved a bitch like Ami, she was truly the best girl right after Minori.
>>
>>138679000
Actually I found only ep 1-5 and ep 20something-final episode worth my time. The middle ones are padding and just shitty anime gajinks.
>>
>>138679387
I'll check ep20 if after 13 I get bored of it.
>>
>>138664336
I liked it near the middle but then the ending pissed me off
>>
>>138664336
Couldn't make it past 11 episodes. Complete shit.
>>
Anime ending was so stupid. LNs better in every way
>>
>>138679313
This
>>
>All this best girl discussion
>No strawpoll yet
There is your chance
http://strawpoll.me/7093854
>>
The greatest love story ever told
>>
>>138680975
>2016
>Still not greater love story than Toradora
>>
>>138664336
It was entertaining. That's all.
>>
>>138678748
So did I. I actually really related to Minori not really feeling ready for a relationship when lots of people around her did. I was like that in highschool and everyone thought I was weird af. I also was the kind of person to put my friend's relationships with their boyfriends before my own because I felt so unsure of everything. She is an amazing friend and her situation was very interesting.
>>
>>138679611
It really picked up after episode 12 though
>>
>>138676834
>Taiga was not a good tsundere, shes one of those shit modern abusive tsunderes that has no trouble hitting something
She wasn't even that violent, she just started off rude and bitchy but got progressively better. The violent part is hugely over-exaggerated.
>>
>>138676834
>Minorin went from quirky funny to retarded
I still like her tho
>>
>>138686701
>>138676834
Minori wasn't just retarded. She just did not give a fuck about Ryuuji's feelings, despite him supposedly being the guy she loves.

Seriously, all she had to do was reject him directly, but no, she had to keep her options open
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.