[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digimon Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 528
Thread images: 64

File: 1458023972875~2.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458023972875~2.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
Please keep all shipping faggotory to a minimum.
>>
>>138658422
NEVER EVER!
>>
How much work would Toei have put into the next movie/episodes by now? Enough that they can gauge audience response and change shit accordingly or not?

>>138658422
>Please keep all shipping faggotory to a minimum.
Well that's just asking for it.
>>
IF WE TAKE OUR TIME
>>
>>138658422
This new Takeru gets on my nerves. Who thought it was good idea to make him a manwhore? I hope they fix him by the next movie
>>
>>138658826
>Takeru loses Patamon
>Overcome by despair, he punches the lights out of Ken
>Ken's Digimon Kaiser glasses fell to the ground while Takeru whale's at Ken
>Last scene of Confessions, we see Takeru pick up the glasses and wears it while laughing manically and pulling a clock over himself.
>>
File: hikari not naked apron.png (866KB, 720x2452px) Image search: [Google]
hikari not naked apron.png
866KB, 720x2452px
>>138658422
>>
>>138658889
>pick up the glasses and wears it while laughing manically and pulling a clock over himself.
He's gonna become Flavor Flav?
>>
What's their story?
>>
>>138658975
Same story as Takeru and Hikari
>>
>>138658422
Ghost ship.
>>
Does the main guy from 2 ever show up?
>>
>>138659928
The producer mentioned him. Said that he's one of the boys who receives Hikari's obligatory Valentine's chocolate.
>>
>>138660017
Who received her homemade chocolate? Was it Takeru?
>>
>>138658975
They were part of the original 5 digidestined who failed. Their failure wasn't death, it was more like they gave up after possibly losing their partners. The reason she's smiling when leomon dies is either because leomon killed her partner in the past, was her partner who abandoned her in the past, or just out of spite/jealousy over the fact that the other digidestined haven't failed once/got special treatment (crests, digimentals, etc) while they didn't and failed.

Their relationship failed because she pushed him away due to him reminding her of the past too much.
>>
>>138660245
She smiled because she's seen leomon die so many times she gets the joke.
>>
>>138660221
Just Taichi. She makes him chocolate every year. I think that's cute as hell.
>>
>>138660221
Taichi.
>>
My shit from /m/:
This entire series kills me. It's clearly written for the adults now who watched it as kids. Why the fuck then does it have the development and writing of a show for 7 year-olds? Everything that is an issue is downplayed and treated like it's not really a problem. Like in the first movie it's Taichi's unwillingness to fight because of possible real world damage. But then everyone says it will be much worse if they don't fight while taichi doesn't properly have a counter argument to flesh out his problem so he looks wrong in the process, and then his problem is "resolved" by him fighting and managing to fuck up the city anyway.

Same thing happens with Jou. Jou is clearly thinking about growing up and doesn't like the idea of being a "chosen child (erabashi kodomo)" which is fitting since he's becoming an adult. His problem is actually fairly nuanced, but we see that it negatively affects his relationship with his friends even though he's pretty much justified in all he does (Mimi is given the okay for fighting by everyone but koushiro but pretty much only Taichi is okay with Jou not coming). He gets in a fight with Gomamon and the tension is getting high, but then the fight happens and he helps out like it was an easy choice. Suddenly all the tension is lost because they simply needed things to work out. A very children's show type solution again.

The contrast of older humans with still childlike digimon is not touched on. They goof off and do nothing until needed.. They attract kids by looking super cool or cute, but they aren't really fleshed out characters.

Then we have the children's show trappings, like the toei-typical use of limited animation and stock footage. But this is aimed at adults. Did we really need the poorly animated stock footage evolutions? The fight scenes were uninvolved random attacks at the screen which while emulating the style of the original very well, is not something you should really want to emulate to begin with.
>>
Why's there so much drama and no adventure. Its been 8 episodes and there hasn't been a single satisfying fight scene.
>>
>>138660299
I like how you think so much of your opinion that you felt the need to spread it to a wider audience.
>>
>>138660245
Shouldn't they be a lot older? Cause there was the guy from the end of 02 who was one who looked old as shit, and the dad of the kid with no personality who's name escapes me right now. So if they were part of the original 5, they'd be in their 40s or so
>>
>>138660221
How would Hikari spend Valentine’s Day?
“She’d make a lot of obligation chocolate for Daisuke and Takeru and the other Chosen Children. But the most beautiful one she’d make, with the most careful wrapping, would be Taichi’s present…” (Producer Arai)
>>
>>138660273
>>138660279

Homemade choco for a family member?

Not gonna lie, if someone still display such overly affectionate feelings for her older brother in her age ought to search up a psychiatrist. This is just creepy.
>>
>>138660245
So she's Juri?
>>
What will Takeru's and Hikari's character flaws be, and how will they relate to Hope and Light specifically? Next movie is called Confession, and Koushiro and Takeru will have the starring roles. Koushiro has feelings for Mimi, bug despite all his knowledge, he doesn't know what to do. Frankly, I had thought Sora would play a starring role over Takeru because she's trying to choose between Taichi and Yamato. I can just imagine her choosing Yamato and that causing a rift between his and Taichi's friendship.
>>
>>138660317
>Digimon adventures : where it all started
>Digimon adventures 2 with shitty kids
>Digimon drama tri with mature kids
>>
>>138660368
>teenage adventures are just big dramafests
You have a point
>>
>>138660366
>I can just imagine her choosing Yamato and that causing a rift in the fandom......again

That shit is going to cause a huge problem. I can see them leaving it until the very end so that the fallout wont matter as much.
>>
I wanna fuck this pussy
>>
File: 1457847838450.png (434KB, 629x683px) Image search: [Google]
1457847838450.png
434KB, 629x683px
>>138660299
>while taichi doesn't properly have a counter argument to flesh out his problem so he looks wrong in the process, and then his problem is "resolved" by him fighting and managing to fuck up the city anyway.
He didn't give his answer yet. They're saving it till the end, and he only started to fight. He hesitated early on causing Omegamons fusion to fade, and the whole hot spring trip was meant for him and Yamato to have a chance to talk out their differences.

>but we see that it negatively affects his relationship with his friends even though he's pretty much justified in all he does
He's spending all his time studying to get into med school, ignoring all his friends in the process, but he's not doing good at exams at all. Former med student who failed out of med school here, what Joe is going through is very accurate to what it was like. I got into almost the exact same fight with my parents that he had with Gomamon (except it was about shutting myself in my room all the time, not fighting evil Digimon). His problem isn't that he wants to grow up and be responsible. His problem is that despite being responsible, he's not actually succeeding at anything, and the things he's giving up as a result are just going to waste (ie he doesn't fight Digimon to study, but his grades are the same as if he didn't study)

>Did we really need the poorly animated stock footage evolutions? The fight scenes were uninvolved random attacks at the screen
Fans would riot otherwise. I'm a fan and I would riot. I was actually really looking forward to hearing Gomamon shout MAACHING FISHIZU, which he only did like 3 times total over the whole series+movies.
>>
>>138660366
Takeru's flaws would be his "hidden darkness" I guess, the one that occasionally leaks out in 02. Hikari? In 02 it's over realiance on Onii-chan, but she seemed to have gotten over it in Tri and could actually counsel tai and Joe, so no ideas there
>>
>>138660333
Oikawa and Iori's dad weren't Digidestined. They independently discovered the digital world and wanted really really much to visit it. The original 5 were kids who were transported to the digital world just like the Adventure kids, but ultimately failed.
>>
>>138660354
Not gonna lie, your family life must be shit. Also your emotional maturity is still at the level that it doesn't know the difference between platonic friendship, platonic family love, and romantic love. Do you at least know the difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction?
>>
>>138660393
The thing is that it's a very good setup for Yamato and his feelings of guilt like he's betrayed his best friend. His crest has not been represented as a character flaw yet. Taichi is scared of being reckless and potentially causing something really serious to happen to innocent people, and that's how courage acts as a character flaw for him. They could have handled it much better though, like having the Alphamon fight take place in an actual populated area. I think it would be a wasted opportunity to not use Sora as a lead-in to fixing Yamato and Taichi, though I suppose they want to push it off for a bit longer. They should have made Confession part 4 in that case and made part 3 about Takeru and Hikari.
>>
>>138660356
Never thought of it that way hehe

But no, Jeri would be overjoyed to meet this Leomon if he was her Leomon.
>>
>>138660245
She smiled because she was proved right, that Meicoomon was infected, not because Leomon died.
>>
File: 1457902434489.png (571KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457902434489.png
571KB, 848x480px
>>138660414
>Called him Senpai
>>
>>138660553
And then Leomon dies (again)
>>
File: 1320326629113.jpg (22KB, 347x393px) Image search: [Google]
1320326629113.jpg
22KB, 347x393px
>>138660553
>That little bird's face
>>
File: Di Gi-ko.png (276KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Di Gi-ko.png
276KB, 640x480px
>They were part of the original 5 digidestined who failed. Their failure wasn't death

What the fuck are you talking about? I haven't watched 5-8 Yet wtf Is shiiit I can't believe this is this guys theory correct?!
https://youtu.be/JQijXToxzbM
>>
>>138660299
Taichi not saying anything was so fucking furious.
I get his point of view, I totally do.
Back when, they were just little kids who had their monsters fight other evil monsters.
Now they are more grown up and he sees what happens when they just carelessly let their digimon fight in the city, I get that.
But why in the fuck does he not sound his concerns?! Is that just a japanese thing? He could have told his friends about why he was hesitating, but instead just said nothing. Geez.

I do hope this'll evolve into the kids taking on a more active role during the battles, giving clear commands and strategies instead of just letting the digimon pummel each other.
>>
>>138660658
I wrote that out of my ass, it's likely but without any evidence. All we know for sure is that there were 5 original digidestined, and they failed.
>>
>>138660774
Failed at what? They sealed away Apocalymon. The seal ended up getting broken, but they did their job.
>>
>Sora can't decide what dick she wants to suck

Why doesn't she just invite them to make an Eiffel Tower ?
>>
File: image.png (731KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
731KB, 1334x750px
>>138658975
>lady bitch's reaction to Meicoomon going grimdark
Her government job is to see that all digimon are irradicated, as they all pose a threat in her mind.
>>
>>138660812
Gennai mentions they failed. He doesn't elaborate further, though.
>>
File: the_new_dark_masters.png (931KB, 1700x900px) Image search: [Google]
the_new_dark_masters.png
931KB, 1700x900px
What movies are going to have the other 02 megas?
>>
Is gomamon the sturdiest child level?

>imperialdramon smashes him into the ground
>he immediately attacks again
>>
>>138660965
No, Imperialdramon is just that weak.
There's a lot of reasons people call him the weakest mega ever.
>>
File: Lee Jianliang.png (286KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lee Jianliang.png
286KB, 720x480px
>>138660812
It's a theory watch the video I liked prior
>>138660774
Okay I just finished download'n Tri 8 now I'ma start a marathon I'll see you anon's later
>>
>>138660907
If next one has Takeru and Seraphimon, I can see Cherubimon (Vice) being the villain. But that also feels like a missed opportunity. If they made the focus of the third movie Hikari and Takeru, then it could be Seraphimon and Holydramon (or Ophanimon if they go against the supposed new merch) against Cherubimon (Vice). It would be a nice reference to Hurricane Touchdown, or even Frontier.
>>
>>138660354

Incest between siblings isn't as ill-viewed in Japan as it's seen in murrica. Just remember where Yosuga no Sora and Oreimo come from.

>however we already know who's gonna win Taichi's dong.
>yfw wost probably said girl will confess in front of Sora and will be the cause of the fallout and then final fistfight with serious consequences between Taichi and Yamato.
>yfw she's not meimei
>yfw she's not a chosen children
>>
>>138660768

Just being like Yamato when he was 11yo??
>>
Meiko and meicoomon are really ruining all of tihs.
>>
>>138661081
We don't know who, we just know it's not anyone introduced in Adventure/02.
>>
>>138661124
You're just jealous of all the donuts they steal.
>>
>>138661127

>maybe maneja-san??
>or a Nat-chan-like female data entity (for that human-digimon relationships consolidation bullshit. Marrying data will make children look the same as their dad)
>or a cold tsundere who resembles the 11yo Sora regarding tomboyishness??
>or maybe an arranged marriage with the daughter of some higher-up from that United Nations bullshit??

Make your bets and a poll.
>>
>>138660990
This.

- Loses to an Ultimate level 1 on 1. While said Ultimate is only fighting with 1 hand.

- Fighter Mode is supposed to be a x3 power increase yet Fighter Mode has never won a 1v1 against any Mega

- In fact all he can do with help is push back Daemon and Malomyotismon; blowing up a soul isn't really impressive.

- He LOST to Blackwargreymon with Wargreymon at his side. Admittedly Dramon Destroyers but still. And yes he lost. He didn't draw. Blackwargreymon wasn't injured, and he's been shown injured before. Wargreymon and him reverted, looks like a loss to me.

- Dragon Mode is used as a literal punching bag by 2 freshly digivolved Megas; and Fighter Mode loses. Remember in Adventure it's canon that 'new' forms of digimon are weak; remember the Dark Masters Arc; they outright say it and it's the reason why Wargrey/MetalGaru get stronger. Imperaldramon by this point has been around for years and gets owned by 2 fresh Megas.
>>
>>138661117
The difference there is that Yamato was 11 years old and Taichi is now 17.

>>138661124
I was really getting Poochie/Marie from P4G vibes from her at first, but I don't think she's that bad. Right now, her character is simply the anime archetype of "the shy girl", but I wouldn't say that she's constantly stealing the show or anything. The other cast members (most of them anyway) are getting a good amount of time to shine, so I can't complain too much, especially considering she's supposed to be a key character in these movies.

Really, it's Meicoomon that I dislike and not Meiko. Meicoomon is getting all the attention between the main Digimon, and it feels like the only real exception to this so far has been Gomamon.
>>
>>138661215
It's Meiko. The shy girl and the guy who represents courage but is currently a coward. She's gonna snap Taichi out of his funk, I can see it coming from a mile away. Her character just screams it from the moment she's first seen.
>>
>>138657749
Yes, but that doesn't mean they belong together. Get over yourself.
>>
>>138661016
>plural apostrophe s
>>
>>138661263

Gr8 Naruhina-tier fanfic, m8.

>it will be both a fistfight session against Yamato and Maneja-san finding his secret about being a Chosen Children and blackmailing him about starting to recover his courage or everyone in the school will know the secret about the digimons (also reminding him of the way he is when he plays soccer with his team full of kouhai in tsukishima).
>>
>>138661326
Not him, but I think it would be pretty neat if Takeru was one of the big players in Confession because he confesses to Hikari and then gets rejected, crushing his hopes. Work through the despair and grow from it and he ends up with Seraphimon or something.

>>138661337
It's not hard reading this series. I don't even like Meiko that much, but hasn't it ever struck you as odd that Taichi, the main character, never had a romantic interest introduced that wasn't Sora?
>>
File: 2433215215213533.png (297KB, 416x492px) Image search: [Google]
2433215215213533.png
297KB, 416x492px
>>138661381
>if Takeru was one of the big players in Confession because he confesses to Hikari and then gets rejected, crushing his hopes

I already like where this is going.
>>
>>138661381

Well, it's something suspicious the way they've put her in the same apartment blocks and the same classroom as Taichi, but have they interacted?? Or have their crests compatible qualities like love or friendship??

That's why i'm going for the typical shonen endgame. Taichi setting matters with his frenemy and marrying a visible, but secondary-to-extra character with little-to-no expose, just like Goku, Kenshiro, Luffy (with Hancock), Toriko or Kinnikuman
>>
File: 321512351345434.webm (444KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
321512351345434.webm
444KB, 1280x720px
Why is Tri pandering so hard to the fujiyoshi crowd? Was their a meaning behind this smile or am I simply imagining things?
>>
>>138661470

Holy shit, that DBSuper tier Quality referee is giving me cancer and AIDS in my eyes...

Toei.........Ztop.........PLS!!!
>>
>>138661381
>he confesses to Hikari and then gets rejected

This is a shit idea but whatever. It doesn't work from a strategic standpoint anyway because they'll upset a large majority of the fandom so forget it.
>>
>>138661504
There wasn't a whole lot in this movie admittedly, but in the first one where they kept meeting eyes made it feel like they were going to build up to a significant connection.

>>138661553
The stare downs just don't fucking stop between these two.
>>
>>138660816
More like she doesn't want to hurt either one of their feelings. You have to remember that Taichi is her childhood friends and Yamato is someone who helped her realize along with Jou that she doesn't have to quietly suffer through things alone and be consumed by the darkness.Both are precious relationships worth preserving in their own right.
>>
>>138661647
>Mei takes both of them and she pretends to have a crush on Izzy to make them jealous
>>
>>138661647

That's why Taichi is going to be the key to this triangle.
Honestly I can see Taichi gently rejecting Sora after that, pissing off Yamato.
>Hououmon's appearance will be only to futilely stop Wargreymon & MetalGarurumon from killing themselves.
>yfw Taichi abandons the chosen children after this, getting drown in the DARKNESS. Yamato abandons tsukishima.
>Meiko (or manager-san) and Sora/Jyou try to pull Taichi and Yamato out of their funk and fallout.
>somehow them making up make their digimon resurrect and going VGreymon & ZGarurumon because they've experienced something worse than darkness
>>
File: 1354426211521.jpg (185KB, 606x454px) Image search: [Google]
1354426211521.jpg
185KB, 606x454px
>>138661897
>Tai DARKNESS
>greymon to skullgreymon
>Skullgreymon ultimate evolution!
>>
File: hime.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hime.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Hime-chan a cute.
>>
>>138662014
How old is she again?
>>
>>138662077
25-30 I'd say. Which makes her an old hag in anime years.
>>
>>138661897
>Sora chooses Yamato over Taichi
>Taichi feels betrayed
>Yamato feels guilty and responsible for how his best friend is feeling
>Meiko grows as a character throughout the movies
>Talks some sense into Taichi and helps him regain the courage that he lost
>Taichi and Yamato fix their friendship and Taichi gets a new waifu
>Taichi and Yamato can now properly evolve Agumon and Gabumon to War Greymon and Metal Garurumon and into Omegamon
Alternate scenario
>Agumon and Gabumon get new Ultimates and Jogress into something similar to Omegamon (ie. the Omegamon equivalent of Victory Greymon and Z'd Garurumon)
>>
Do you know what fucking bothers me in this first movie and the second? These rookie digimon endure several attacks from Alphamon and Imperialdramon because muh power of friendship. These rookie digimon should get one-shot from these mega/ultimates but fuck no.
>>
>>138662124
Only patamon gets destroyed easily.
>>
>>138662124
They're like Level 99 and have a gazillion hitpoints.
>>
I never thought Yamato would be the voice of reason, and he acts pretty cute too.
I don't like liking him.
>>
File: 1440581695647.jpg (155KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440581695647.jpg
155KB, 640x720px
>>138658422
haha
>>138661553
Ignoring thier obvious chemistry
pure plebe, fuck off hetfag
>>
File: 1457990869203.jpg (39KB, 504x372px) Image search: [Google]
1457990869203.jpg
39KB, 504x372px
http://strawpoll.me/7088224
http://strawpoll.me/7088224
>>
>>138658575
AND STICK TOGETHER
>>
Are Armadimon, Hawkmon, Guardromon, MarinAngemon, and Falcomon unpopular?
>>
>>138658575
>>138662672
RIP LET'S KICK IT UP GUY
>>
File: 1392557319820.gif (119KB, 120x130px) Image search: [Google]
1392557319820.gif
119KB, 120x130px
>>138658422

Come on now. You know you wanted this to happen.

Is Hikari Takeru's loyal, patient wife or just that long time friend who knows her buddy is a casual slut?
>>
>>138662124
Alphamon was definitely holding back but Imperialdramon is just that weak.
>>
Inb4 Meikomon Ultimate and Jesmon Jogress to become Meiko's true partner.
>>
>>138662865
HE DIED?!

Fuck 2016.
>>
>>138662883
Despite the fact Takeru is a manwhore, she keeps him around because it's convenient having someone carry the heavy shopping bags every once in a while. But having said that, it's no weight off her shoulders that he doesn't know to meaning of personal space. I almost feel sorry for her in that respect.
>>
>>138662980
Yeah, a couple of weeks ago IIRC.
>>
>>138662980
Yeah

http://www.thenewportbuzz.com/paul-gordon-a-native-newporter-and-member-of-the-b52s-has-passed-away/6800

It somehow hit me about as hard as Bowie kicking it a month earlier. That soundtrack was a big part of my life growing up
>>
>>138662883
He only acts flirtatious in front of her. When he talked to Meiko in the onsen he acted differently.
>>
>>138663028
>>138663035
Amen to that.
>>
>>138663028
Finally some good news.
>>
Why do all the dubfags come out when the tri movies are here? We have Digimon threads all year around and they are great but whenever tri releases dubfags show up and ruin it with their nostalgia and shipping faggotry.
>>
[muffled sexualisation of friendship being done in the distance]
>>
>tri is shit
>Cyber Sleuth's localization was absolute shit
>No one is translating the Encode manga

Why is it the worst time to be a Digimon fan?
>>
>>138663121
Who are you kidding? Digimon threads only ever happen when the Tri Movies get released. I give them another week before the fade into obscurity again.

Shame because these threads are pretty comfy
>>
> "Nande aitsu? Matta..."

That's not what you say about an old friend appearing as his former evil self.

Something in the canon must have changed and I want to know what, goddammit.
Dark Ocean still a thing? Demon? Did Oikawa happen? The holy stones? Anything past the Digimon Kaiser?
>>
>>138663152
That's just not true. We were still having regular threads a good couple months after the first tri movie was released and those were way more bearable then all this dubfaggotry takari daikari bullshit.
>>
File: biyo.jpg (161KB, 1193x480px) Image search: [Google]
biyo.jpg
161KB, 1193x480px
Why is Piyomon's size so inconsistent.
>>
File: now thats what i call edgy.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
now thats what i call edgy.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>138663100
>>
>>138663182
Not to mention we were having regular threads around Adventurefest too, and even a few months before that we were having regular threads. Anon sure knows how to show his new.
>>
File: Taikeru 1.png (357KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Taikeru 1.png
357KB, 600x800px
Best CrackOTP incoming
>>
>>138663194
Sorry im not so attached to shitty music from my childhood to feel bad some literally who is dead.
>>
File: Taikeru 2.png (264KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Taikeru 2.png
264KB, 500x667px
Hikari is just a ruse to get close to Taichi
>>
>>138663201
>"If I can't have MY onii-san I will take YOUR onii-san!"
>>
>>138663121
>Anyone who dares talking about shipping is branded as a dubfag

Piss off.
>>
Digimon is only good dubbed. Jap Adventure is horrible but in the dub is great. The jokes they added are what makes it, the original is boring and the music in the dub is good too (Not muh jpop). Also names are easier to say and more realistic and they made it more like what it is, a kids show. Jap version is boring as fuck but dub is high energy and full of fun and goodness, way better. Anyone who watches the Jap version is just a retard and everyone who watches the dub agrees with this.
>>
>>138663246
Even if they aren't dubfags they are just as annoying. Especially in Digimon, it's easily the most toxic shipping community.
>>
File: 5214353463263444.png (290KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5214353463263444.png
290KB, 480x360px
>>138663221
>>
File: hawkmon.png (178KB, 393x219px) Image search: [Google]
hawkmon.png
178KB, 393x219px
>>138658422
These two are the only relevant ship and you know it.
>>
Himechan and Fuckboi are Arukenimon and Mummumon.

Discuss
>>
>>138660907
>Armadillomon>Cherubimon.
Man, the guy really has the short end of the stick when it comes fo evolution lines.
>>
>>138663337
Does he have any confirmed line yet? Or is it still whatever's available. Cause I remember Vikemon used to be attached to his but that's clearly been shitcanned
>>
>>138663308
Shipping Digimon together will never not amuse me. The premise is just so fucking ridiculous, it's kinda worth taking pity on.
>>
>>138663366
Still whatever is available.

Vikemon was a possibility but Zudomon to Vikemon always made more sense since they had that norse theme going on.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 600x438px
Sometimes I ask myself if you guys just look at the characters and ship away what's cute and you think you'd like to see, WITHOUT taking their interaction and close bonds into consideration like Daikari or that dumb "Taikeru" above this post.

Picture related, Takari makes the MOST sense of all the pairing.
>>
>>138662603
I'll be pissed if Patamon doesn't actually end up dying.
>>
Let's rate the DigiOP's /a/!

Original Digirap/S1 OP > S4 > S3 Digirap > Data Squad > Fusion > S2
>>
>>138663447
>he says that and then ships Takari
>the blandest of the bland pairings
>when hikari obviously does not want to be in a relationship with him
>>
Done rewatching and now I do not believe that Hime-chan is actually plotting something.
They said earlier that the infected digimon are after one of the chosen children and/or their digimon, but they didn't know which.
But Hime-chan had a suspicion and that is why she was so focused on keeping Meicoomon safe.
That evil grin was probably just a tasteless way of saying "I knew it" confirming her suspicion about Meicoomon being something special.
>>
>>138663447
No it doesn't. I swear to god, Takarifags are some of the most delusional people on the face of this planet. How does shipping literal clones of each make any sense to anyone?
>>
>>138660366
I bet Takeru's is going to be something like how he feels fake or some shit like that

>Frankly, I had thought Sora would play a starring role over Takeru because she's trying to choose between Taichi and Yamato.
They haven't actually been focusing on this at all

If anything it's Taichi and Yamato with the romantic tension
>>
Just watched all 8 episodes, if it wasnt for the digimon theme this series would be totally shit. Too much teenage drama, and that Mei girl screams of fanservice.
>>
>>138662124
Like literally every Digimon entry, the Digimon survive when the plot needs them too.

Do you really think 7 Baby Digimon could normally even annoy an Adult level Kuwagamon? Realistically, he should have just swatted them all in the face and they should have all died in episode 1 of Adventure
>>
>>138663121
It's because it's an old nostalgic show that was dubbed getting revived that causes this to happen.

You think half the people in Dragon Ball Super threads know what they're talking about? I guarantee a majority of people in them have never read the manga. If Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop ever gets animated, you'll see a bunch of them there too
>>
File: W8dFr.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
W8dFr.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
>>138663406
>Shipping Digimon together will never not amuse me. The premise is just so fucking ridiculous, it's kinda worth taking pity on.
Xros Wars did it

Heck, wait a minute, the entire last episode had a running gag of Leomon falling for Mei-chan
>>
>>138663447
I mean, if you've actually see Adevnture and 02 then you'd be aware that Taichi and Takeru have an exceptionally strong bond. Are we gonna get any Yaoi, not a chance, but a guy can hope.

I am a big fan of Takari, but you don't choose OTPs, OTPs choose you.
>>
>>138661218
HolyAngemon did better against BlackWarGreymon than Imperialdramon
>>
>>138663121
Wasn't that the intention of the producers? They say "DigiDestined" on the Japanese website and had English messages because they wanted western fans to spread it around as well. The official subs are odd, because you have the Japanese character names, yet the Digimon names remain their dub equivalents, like Gatomon over Tailmon.

Then there are bizarre non-translations and oddities like that whole Jikochu thing, and even pluralizing the word "Digimon" as "Digimons".
>>
>>138663595
>Too much teenage drama
Disagree.

I think the first one had a bit too much drama but Movie 2 had a great balance of character focus, Digimon focus and random antics
>>
>>138663757
It's not just the subs, the text in the show itself uses their dub names. Have the kids names been shown on screen at any point? I wonder if they got dubbed up too
>>
>>138663757
>yet the Digimon names remain their dub equivalents, like Gatomon over Tailmon.
That's not even consistent either because they keep Omegamon and even fucking Orgemon which you'd think would be the first to get corrected, but for some reason keep that and Biyomon
>>
>>138663779
>Have the kids names been shown on screen at any point?
You mean the OP?

They're all the same except Jou is spelled Joe which I guess isn't bad, but I'm still gonna call him Jou. The 02 kids have the original names too
>>
>>138663807
That's right, there was that bit in the first one where they had the 12 kids on a screen and repeated one of them twice right? Then I have no idea. Toei fucked up?
>>
>>138663779
They're shown in the opening.
>Yagami Taichi
>Ishida Yamato
>Takenouchi Sora
>Izumi Koshiro
>Tachikawa Mimi
>Kido Joe
>Takaishi Takeru
>Yagami Hikari
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 552x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 552x542px
>>138663529
Yes it does, stop denying. They never anounce the pairing as official because we were expected to pick up all the hints and evidence so we can figure this out on our own. That's the fun in watching a show. But now with Tri, they are going to make it a guaranteed couple.

Here is another hint. Why would Hikari look at Takeru with dreamy eyes if she doesn't love him?
>>
>>138663866
Those are the same eyes she looks at everyone with

This animation is shit
>>
>>138663866
I can tell you're not really good at picking up on facial expressions because that's just her putting on a smile which isn't solely reserved for Takeru, FYI. And the reason why they never got announced as official is because they never were. You don't think that Takeru who was the narrator of both Adventure and 02 would let something like that slip in the epilogue, would you? Of them being married and all. Plus it even came out of the horses mouth. The director for both seasons even confirmed that they did not end up together.
>>
>>138663866
>>
So we're agreed that Gomamon is literally the best partner right?
>>
>>138664024
>you will never hang out with gomamon and do stupid shit together
>>
>>138664024
That's not Tentomon
>>
>>138664047
Tentomon hasn't really done anything in

Gomamon learned to cook and he doesn't even have thumbs
>>
File: 5423534263444232.jpg (18KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
5423534263444232.jpg
18KB, 200x300px
>>138664024
Maybe in Tri, but Veemon will always be bro-tier in my eyes.
>>
File: daisuke death 1.png (375KB, 956x526px) Image search: [Google]
daisuke death 1.png
375KB, 956x526px
Where were you when Daisuke died?
>>
>>138664142
Note, Digimon Tri takes place in 2005.

Where were you in spring of 2005?
>>
>>138664142
Eating his and Takeru's obligatory store-bought Valentines day chocolates.
>>
>>138664120
Who do you think cooked that breakfast for him and Gomamon? Plus, Gomamon just has a little bitch for a partner, that's acceptable. Tentomon has a full autist as one. I think we know who's better
>>
>>138664120
Tentomon has been a god-tier wingman and personal assistant to Koshiro so far
>>
File: 1458004546686.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458004546686.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>138664142
N E V E R
F O R G E T
>>
>>138664167
Masturbating or watching GTO. Or masturbating while watching GTO
>>
>>138664177
Koushirou is rich and has his own office, he probably had that stuff made for himself and Tentomon and any other Digimon who came through the server
>>
>>138664142
They didn't even mourn him.
>>
>>138658928
>>138660273
>>138660279
>>138660353
>>138661081
FUCK YOU
FUCK ALL OF YOU
YOU MADE ME BECOMING INCESTFAG SINCE THAT DAY
YES THAT DAY, NOT LONG AFTER TRI PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT
YOU WERE SHITPOSTING ABOUT TAICHI X HIKARI
AND YOU MADE IT SOUNDED LIKE THEY'RE TRULY OTP
FUCK YOU
FUCK ALL OF YOU
SINCE THAT DAY, I BECOME INCESTFAG AND I CAN'T WATCH NBR INCEST--FAKE INCEST-- ANIME ANYMORE
>>
Explain the context of this image.
>>
File: 1449560072839.jpg (127KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1449560072839.jpg
127KB, 900x1165px
>>138664225
>>
>>138664257
It's a sexy pinup for the magazine for Valentines day that many magazines do
>>
>>138664257
Sora's saggy
>>
>>138664269
not our context

their context

why are they making cakes naked
>>
>>138663757
THIS!! For godsakes its because it's better dubbed and they want all the people who watched it dub to watch it again now. I've never watched it in Jap until now and never plan too (Granny Agumon in tri has put me off the idea of ever watching it subbed) but I've heard the dubs better for the comedy and music anyway, so its not like its a big loss.
>>
File: 321454354351434.png (643KB, 522x650px) Image search: [Google]
321454354351434.png
643KB, 522x650px
What was the name of the flower they saw that day, /a/?
>>
>>138664257
The AC broke down. Or they were playing strip poker beforehand.
>>
>>138664276
Yes, someone posted a non saggy version months ago.
Everything in that image looks wrong. I wish someone would redraw that mess.
>>
why is there no Digimon slice of life
>>
>>138664433
there is its called Digimon tri - Determination
>>
>>138664341
Hana
>>
>>138664440
that's just teenagers being teenagers
>>
>>138664464
which is what an sol show is
>>
>>138664257
Hikari doing that face just seems so out of character.
>>
>>138664417
They did they fix Mimi looking like she's packing something?
>>
>>138664499
shes thinking about taichi eating her cream pie
>>
File: im8AS6X.gif (414KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
im8AS6X.gif
414KB, 480x270px
>>138663757

>Saban apparently still has the US anime rights (The Angewomon statue was cancelled due to them thinking it wasn't "family friendly".) and has been doing a hilariously awful attempt at localizing Xros (Fusion).
>Kids today don't give a dead moose's last shit about Digimon and would rather play Pokemon or Yokai Watch to the point that Namco Bandai has decided to aim the games more towards older audiences.
>MFW they try to localize Tri despite it being based around nostalgia for a show kids today know jack shit about due to how awful the IP has been treated in America after Fox Kids went kablooey.
>>
>>138664499
>just seems so out of character

Welcome to Tri. Please enjoy your stay.
>>
>>138664296
>He seriously thinks this is getting dubbed
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>138664527
Well to be fair, they're not going to be exactly the same as when they were kids.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 576x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 576x480px
>>138663963
Saying I'm not good at picking up facial expression and blaming on the artstyle is really grasping at straws. Fine here is another one. Hikari walking straight up to Takeru, not even greeting the others. All she has in her head is Takeru.

And again, Takeru not outright saying that they married in the epilogie is part of the hunt of the hints. Tachi's son even called Takeru "Oji-san", which means "uncle". If that's not a big hint then I don't know what.
>>
>>138664499
>out of character.
>Hikari
Out of character from what? What fucking character has Hikari had that that face would be weird? Tri has only started to actually give her a character.
>>
>>138664551
She looks like a silly gag character.
>>
>>138664547
Eh, to be fair I used to call my parent's close friends my aunts and uncles growing up
>>
>>138664573
Because her tongue is out while cooking? That's just an anime pose
>>
>>138663183
Different individuals native to different universes.
You should use Adventure Garudamon if you want fun.
>>
>>138664547
I never brought up the lacklustre animation point, it was someone else. In any case, that event just goes to show you that they really are the young ones in the group. Of course you'll naturally get drawn to someone your age and it isn't like Hikari is the only one susceptible to lose herself in the heat of the moment. They've been other times where a person has forgotten to exchange a greeting before declaring something.
>>
>>138663767
I dont feel like explaining my point, so if this series feels right to you go on. Im pretty sure smart people can see why they added Mei and created this bullshit conflict between yamato and tai.
>>
>>138663183
Those are two different Piyomon's
>>
>>138664700
>and created this bullshit conflict between yamato and tai.
While I don't think it's been handled the best I do like how they've essentially reversed their roles because of how they've grown up
>>
>>138664547
Why are you trying so desperately to convince us Takari is real? Is the fact that you're getting challenged with your lack of evidence hurting your fragile ego? Cry harder faggot.
>>
>>138664727
>Taichi grew up into a shithead
Feels bad man
>>
>>138663183
Because they are entirely different Piyomon.

Are you the guy that also thinks Plotmon's Ultimate being Ophanimon in Frontier is proof it'll be Tailmon's in tri?
>>
How mad will you be if movie 3 opens up with one of the kids going to Daisukes house to visit him and his mother says something like he hasnt been home in a year and the kid is like wow thats strange oh well time for school!
>>
>>138664910
I'd be confused considering they're meant to be in the same class
>>
>>138664910
I would love it actually.

I don't know why everyone is so upset that the original cast isn't constantly asking "Where's the 02 cast?".
>>
File: you're not onii-chan.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
you're not onii-chan.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>138664973
Too bad it isn't going to happen. Mind alteration can be a real bitch sometimes.
>>
>>138664833
Ophanimon and Holydramon are both her partner's Ultimate level form and Slide Evolution between them. Ophanimon is the form used when needing to cast healing or defensive barriers, Holydramon shoots holy beams of death and goes fast.
>>
>>138664973
>I don't know why everyone is so upset that the original cast isn't constantly asking "Where's the 02 cast?".
We aren't, we are upset that there hasn't been giving a clear explanation as to why the adventure cast constantly acts like the 02 kids never existed.
>>
>>138665005
You're right anon, this is definitely a thing that happens.
>>
>>138664910
>The world has chosen a future that shouldn't have been chosen
Crazier things could happen in an AU
>>
>>138665024
Same reason Yamato and Sora pretend they are not dating.
Altered memories.
>>
>>138661337
Who is Maneja? I haven't noticed any characters besides the chosen and the government senseis.

Is she Jun-Lookalike from the student council meeting?
>>
>>138665024
Maybe we should wait until they actually answer that question?
>>
>>138665072
>yfw Sora picks Taichi this time around
>yfw Takeru and Hikari hookup
>yfw memory alterations are revealed and the pairings disintegrate
>yfw the fires will burn so hotly not even all the tears shed will put them out
>>
>>138664973
Because its a glaring plothole. Hikari and Taichi literally live next door to Daisuke.

Inoue pretty much spent a large portion of 02 learning how to computer the way Koushiro can. It's strange for her to be missing and nobody say anything.

Nobody wants the 02 cast to show up. We just want to know why they aren't a part of the story and have the actual characters acknowledge it.

As a viewer, we know they got defeated by Alphamon.

The cast of characters however do not. They have not one time mentioned over the course of 2 movies anything regarding the 02 cast other than a now passing line regarding Ken only because he made himself shown.

The original cast had stopped actively fighting during 02. Only Taichi, Yamato, and of course Hikari and Takeru with the occasional Koushiro were consistently used in 02. Joe doesn't have to fight anymore. There are new kids that can fight.

Yet his entire motivation to not fight in the 2nd movie, he does not once mention the 02 kids as having taken the mantle of the chosen. He never once mentions that his time is up and new kids are fighting that he shouldnt have to.

They all act like the 02 kids never existed yet we explicitly see that they did exist.
>>
>>138665158
It's only a plot hole if they never explain it

What happened to them is part of the mystery since we know they do exist and the government knows they existed but the kids are the ones acting weird
>>
>>138665110
If they answer it with a hand wave of mind alteration or something to that effect, you have a poorly written series.

It would boil down to "we have watched an entire couple of movies where are characters werent even the characters we liked and grew up with, they were altered characters, why even make an anniversary series if they arent going to actually use the characters correctly"

It's a bad story decision. It makes the original cast look like assholes for not caring where the 02 cast is, it makes the viewers upset for only half acknowledging something, and it adds a lot of glaring flaws to the overall continuity.
>>
>>138665158
Choose one:

>Lazy writers
>Altered memories
>Altered Universe
>Its a dream inside a dream in a box
>>
>>138665158
They don't acknowledge them because they don't know them in the fake Digital Universe they've been put in since their memories have been altered.
>>
>>138665207
No, it's a plot hole already that none of the kids have ever made a single passing remark about the 02 kids. All it would take is "The gate to the Digital World closed. With Daisuke and the others stuck on the other side."

One simple line solves all the issues of the missing characters.

The fact they have yet to say anything is a glaring issue.
>>
>>138665216
>why even make an anniversary series if they arent going to actually use the characters correctly

Because it's a cheap quick cashgrab that's guaranteed to make money.
>>
>>138665158
>Hikari and Taichi literally live next door to Daisuke
Don't those two live in an apartment complex just right opposite a Ferris wheel? How do they "literally" live next door to Daisuke, might I ask?
>>
>>138665158
>As a viewer, we know they got defeated by Alphamon.
Do we know how long it's been since then? I'm guessing that all takes place during the same week in the first movie. Then a few weeks later it's the second movie?
>>
>>138665257
go rewatch the first episode of 02

daisuke is literally their neighbors
>>
>>138665216
>they don't remember the 02 kids
>they are assholes for not caring about the 02 kids
>forgetting shit equals becoming a complete new character
Uh...
>>
>>138665024
Because the writers care about 02 as much as anyone else. It's not like I was thinking "Ask about Daisuke!" the entire time I was watching. It's like thinking "Ask about Wallace!" or all the other Chosen Children.

They clearly recognized the Digimon Kaiser as Ken, meaning all that happened. They're just confused why he's back to being evil. Next movie they're going to be asking "What happened to Ichijouji? Also, if that was Imperialdramon, that means V-mon and Daisuke were also involved somehow." THAT is your portal to "What's happened to the 02 kids?". Not "We're going on a trip to the hot springs, let's invite these kids 3 years younger than us", because while that's okay for Takeru and Hikari (both being part of the Adventure cast and siblings to people in the Adventure cast), what do Daisuke, Ken, Miyako, and Iori have to do with it? Before tri. began, it was basically Taichi, Yamato, Sora, and Koshiro all going to school together, and occasionally seeing Hikari and Takeru who were still in middle school. Mimi was in America and Joe went to a different school entirely and was always busy with studying.

I've had my complaints with tri., but I'm sure it's not going to be like "Oh, by the way, we haven't seen Daisuke and the rest for weeks and they go to our school and are in the same classes." We don't even know if they all go to the same middle school.
>>
>>138665324
None of the original cast even act like themselves save for Mimi, Joe, and Koushiro.

If you have looked through these threads, you will notice that those are the only 3 characters anyone even likes in this show so far.

Taichi and Yamato have switched roles. Taichi is now the reserved one where Yamato is now the charge head first one.

Takeru has literally become Iori. He has no personality. He exists to exist.
>>
>>138665238
You don't know what a plot hole is then. How old are you?
>>
The 01 cast was replaced with the 02 cast.

Not a single 01 cast member has explained why the 02 cast is unavailable to handle the new threat.

That is a plot hole.
>>
>>138665300
No it's not. Hikari only mentions that him and Taichi used to play in the same soccer team together. Are you sure this isn't a dub only line?
>>
>>138665238
A plot hole is only a plot hole after the plot itself has been completely resolved and there were no actual answers to the question. What we have is a dangling plot thread

>>138665300
>go rewatch the first episode of 02
The first time we see Daisuke is at the soccer field. Miyako was neighbors with Takeru though
>>
>>138663690
So tsunedere that Mervamon is.
>>
File: 56e82d3633967.png (566KB, 886x624px) Image search: [Google]
56e82d3633967.png
566KB, 886x624px
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>138665410
>a mystery that hasn't been given an explanation with 4 movies left to go is a plot hole
>>
>>138665216
This all boils down to they wanted to do an Adventure sequel but nobody actually gives a shit about the 02 kids, they aren't as popular as the ones they wanted to make the story about and also having to balance 13 characters would have been a pain in the neck so they had to find so way to write them out.

Look, it's sort of bugging me in my head, but the 02 kids at the same time, I don't really care about. I never really cared about them so I'm not really losing sleep over it. Ken's the Kaiser again for some reason, why? I don't fucking know, I still think it's a hologram. Point is I'd rather focus on the cast I gave a shit about
>>
>>138665335
>THAT is your portal to "What's happened to the 02 kids?"
Because with how the second movie went it feels like that is not going to be the case. This movie had very little plot progression, great character but no overall plot progress was made until the little bit at very end.
>>
>>138665438
>Miyako was neighbors with Takeru though
Weren't they also neighbours with what's his name?
>>
>>138665410
Why does Joe not mention the 02 kids being there to cover for him? For the same reason he doesn't mention the rest of the Adventure cast being there to cover for him. It's a shared responsibility, including him. His focus is not on how everyone else can contribute, but on how he's actively not contributing and choosing to avoid his friends. He hates having to choose between two futures, and his question isn't "Why do I have to fight?", but rather "Why was I put in a situation where I have to choose my friends or my future?"
>>
>>138665527
No, Iori just was friends with Miyako from the start and went to her house to eat dinner and stuff
>>
>>138665228
I'm going with this until we get another answer from the movie.
>>
File: 1380764892525.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1380764892525.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>have a chance to redeem the 02 characters and make them a likable part of the main cast
>kill them off instead and never mention them
>everyone is ok with it
>>
>>138665577
>kill them off instead and never mention them
and with that, the 02 characters are redeemed.
>>
>>138665474
We aren't asking for an explanation as to WHAT happened to them, we are asking WHY the adventure cast acts like 02 never happened.
>>
>>138665371
Yeah, it's called growing up. You can't really expect them to act like their 11 year old selves.

I like everyone but Taichi, but I'm sure they are making him unlikable on purpose.
>>
>>138665547
Really? I swear I thought they were neighbours. The more I know
>>
>>138665577
>have a chance to redeem the 02 characters
Adding 4 more characters to a cast of 8(+1) was not going to do them any favors

>>138665600
What he said
>>
>>138665600
Silent redemption never felt so good.
>>
File: 1452050683358.gif (1MB, 233x291px) Image search: [Google]
1452050683358.gif
1MB, 233x291px
>instead of attempting to redeem daisuke
>we get meiko instead
>everyone is ok with it
>>
>>138665684
>Caring about Daisuke at all
>>
>>138662748
I've been waiting for MarineAngemon to kick ass since forever. And for Guardromon to evolve into Andromon, and for a possible Matrix Evo.
>>
File: 4235436346342644.jpg (47KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
4235436346342644.jpg
47KB, 600x338px
Have the Zero Two BD's already been released?
>>
>>138664167
I was 14 years old and watching .rmvb shit like FMA.
>>
>>138665684
Her sneeze are cute. CUTE!
>>
>>138665684
>Daisuke
No one gives a shit, senpai.
>>
you ready for Ryo to appear and matrix evolve with Hackmon to save the day in the last movie?
>>
>>138665609
Not sure, emo protags are all the rage on Japan, maybe the nips actually like Taichi.
>>
>>138665684
Daisuke was actually one of more requested characters to pop up for the show if the poll conducted yesterday is anything to go by. Even the Japanese twitters fans seem to only care about Ken and Daisuke whenever 02s existence gets brought up.
>>
>>138665794
>Caring about Ryo at all
>>
>>138665841
not caring about the hero of all digimon
>>
>>138665831
I think you mean just Ken.

Daisuke may be mentioned 'with' Ken, but not just Daisuke.

Obviously because Ken is the only popular/good 02 character
>>
>>138662952
And then she ditches the Adventureverse and becomes a side character in the Tamers sequel.
>>
>>138665717
>>138665785
>>/out/
>>
>>138665841
I want Mirei, Ryo, and another Taichi to show up. Maybe recruited by a good guy Parallelmon to fight problems to the multiverse.
>>
>>138665866
Ryo is lame!

LAME

>>138665878
>Can't even crossboard right
Daisuke is literally the second-worst gogglehead and has the most annying voice (dubbed and subbed)
>>
>>138665794
>NTRing Monodramon
>>
>>138665755
Yes. In Japanese at least.
>>
>>138665831
>poll conducted yesterday
wait wait back up, what poll?
info on this poll?
>>
>>138665932
Not an official poll, some poll made in these threads
>>
>>138665909
Monodramon is already two lifeforms pushed into a singular one. Why not just throw in another Digicore into the mix? Like Scarf wearing Monodramon.
>>
File: 1375647357767.png (160KB, 261x271px) Image search: [Google]
1375647357767.png
160KB, 261x271px
>post yfw you realize Toei decided to have the 02 kids get killed off so they could be given Dark Seeds and become evil so everyone could get their dream of seeing the original cast beat the shit out of the 02 cast
>>
>>138663163
>Something in the canon must have changed and I want to know what,
Nice meme
>>
>>138665970
Sounds like a good idea to me, though I'm pretty sure they're not gonna touch any of that Oikawa shit
>>
post yfw takeru forgot that ken and the digimon kaiser were the same person since hes a moron
>>
>>138660907
>still going at it
Let it go, Jeff.
>>
File: final estus flask.gif (3MB, 167x190px) Image search: [Google]
final estus flask.gif
3MB, 167x190px
>>138665970
>>
>>138666018
I'm quite sure he mentioned Ichijouji. Or at least one other one besides Mimi did.

Takeru has the best face when he sees him too. The others look confused and scared while Takeru looks like he's about to beat the shit out of him
>>
>>138665608
Nobody is saying 02 never happened.
They recognized Ken in his Digimon Kaiser outfit and knew it was him, and were also confused by his evil actions.
They recognized Imperialdramon
They did not recognize Vikemon and Rosemon, so recognizing Imperialdramon wasn't just "Hey, that just happens to be a random Digimon we're familiar with for no reason"
Takeru and Hikari still have their D3s from 02

>>138665684
Meiko is a shitty anime archetype (shy girl who leaves her shell over time), but Meicoomon is the real offender. At least with Meiko around, other human characters are still getting focus and development. With Meicoomon around, everyone fawns over it and only Gomamon has gotten any real characterization.
>>
>>138666101
Meicoomon was only given a lot of screentime in this episode because it was doing that anime thing where a character is given a lot, even an unnatural amount of focus and screentime because they are about to die/turn evil/get kidnapped/something bad is about to happen/[insert every time something like this happens] and thus will no longer be getting any actual screentime

If Movie 3 follows the trend, I'd guess she's not going to show up again until the final fight and maybe an ominous scene in the middle
>>
File: frodo.png (249KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
249KB, 400x399px
How could Gomamon and Tentomon cook anything with those hands?
>>
>>138666228
Tentomon has a second pair of grippy hands

I think all we saw Gomamon doing was stirring. Maybe Jou's mom made it and he helped out.
>>
>Taichi
overexposed / nostalgia-riddled / trainwreck
>Daisuke
godly / knuckle-head / optimist
>Takato
beta / moe / chump / not leader material
>Takuya
jobber
>Masaru
meme / overrated / reactionary (doesn't adhere to the gogglehead code of honor)
>Taiki
clone
>Taigiru
dumbass / annoying
>>
>>138666220
Somebody tell Marie from P4GA that.
>>
>>138664257
What is that shit really official? I thought it was a bad edit.
>>
>>138663329
You just blew my mind. Fits with my theory of this being related to Daisukes illusion (or lack of) in the 02 ending
>>
Can digimon die of old age in the anime?
Or are they immortal unless they get killed?
>>
>>138665094

Go and watch the 1st ova... it's the girl who's watchin the cellphone in the soccer club facilities at the beginning of the OVA.

And Maneja is the way japanese say manager in their engrish.
>>
>>138666256
There is no bias here. No sir
>>
>>138660245
I don't think the previous 5 chosen children failed. They did defeat Apocalymon, or whatever the evil from beyond the wall of fire was.

>>138660353
I think that settles down all this Hikari shipping talk.
>>
>>138666436
You'd think it would but Takarifags blatantly ignore that point so it just comes back full circle.
>>
File: 1443565886160.jpg (85KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1443565886160.jpg
85KB, 550x550px
>>138665003
>>138658422
So tell me anon, are they going to hit the sack?
>>
>>138666101
>Meicoomon winning the costume
That pissed me off more than it should.
>>
>>138663736
Holy>Black
Dramon destroyers>Dramon
>>
>>138664257
Hikari and Sora have saggers while Mimi is, ONCE AGAIN, confirmed for best girl.
>>
>>138666600
Compared to the others, she is pretty cute. I'd say the cutest would be a tie between her and Tailmon.

No I don't have a thing for cats, I'm just saying it like it is.
>>
>>138666582
The only sack their platonic friendship is going to hit is Takeru's mountain top hat collection.
>>
>>138660333
well Takeru, Hikari and Iori were the youngest chosen children in their respective debut. So maybe they were very young back when they started their adventures
>>
>>138663757
DigiDestined has always been used. In the world tour arc the australian digidestined calls himself a digidestined (and the spanish girls digimon does DigiEvolucioun). Thats why I use the term despite being a subfag.
>>
>>138660553
I want to fuck leomon more than ever
>>
>>138664547
The fuck are you talking about?

Taichi's son calls him "Takeru-san".
>>
>>138660299
>Same thing happens with Jou. Jou is clearly thinking about growing up and doesn't like the idea of being a "chosen child (erabashi kodomo)" which is fitting since he's becoming an adult.

The thing is that's the idiotic way to see things taking Joe's PoV. Yes, he's becomimg an adult, but does that mean that he just fucks and stays away in time of crisis knowing he has the power to do something?

Hikari also said something else about it. It's not really a matter about growing up. What does his bond with Gomamon means to him? Has he even considered him? We all know that Joe's loves him.

His issue was about him running away from his problems, all masking it under the excuse of "We are not children anymore, we have to grow up and act like adults that do adults things". He's got all this pressure on him, it ended up messing up his priorities.

>He gets in a fight with Gomamon and the tension is getting high, but then the fight happens and he helps out like it was an easy choice. Suddenly all the tension is lost because they simply needed things to work out. A very children's show type solution again.

Yeah, it's normal to find that type of solution in children's shows like these, but consider the folowing:

Do you really think that Joe was going to let Gomamon fight alone? Him going right away the moment he was notified Gomamon was in danger seems fitting, in my opinion. Something definitely good ol' Joe would do.

Also, we can't tell for sure that Joe's issues are completely solved after this movie. Just look at Taichi. At the end of all of this, either Joe will have a talk with his father or he will just come to the conclusion himself that being a chosen doesn't really interfere with him becoming an adult (Seriously, just drop the "Children" from "Chosen Children" if that annoys you that much, Joe). He will probably participate more.

And speaking about Taichi, Joe's (and even Mimi's) issues seem better handled than his.

>>138663866

Are you high?
>>
>>138666655
WHY DOES HE HAVE SO MANY HATS? Doesn't he realise it'll lead to premature balding?
>>
>>138666638
It's just a fucking cat costume, an ugly one at that. They had to take Palmon, Piyomon, and Tailmon out of the contest just so Meicoomon could win and even then Gabumon is cuter.
>>
>>138666702
You're certainly a fag alright.
>>
>>138666702
Digimon that refers to itself with localization name when everyone else calls it original one when?
>>
>>138666797
Yamato, please.
>>
File: 1447021262248.png (345KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447021262248.png
345KB, 600x600px
>>138666256
>Daisuke
>godly / knuckle-head / optimist
Totally unbiased opinion
>>
The weirdest thing is when mimi tells the others that "meicomoon has been taken by Ichijoji-kun" and nobody reacts the like "wait what that makes no sense" but rather they say nothing and they look like the consensus is "as expected of that asshole"
>>
I'm watching the first batch of tri right now
Is it explained why the world is reaction
>hurr , unidentified creatures, what could they be
I mean, after miotysmon doesn't the world know of digimon?
>>
>>138666702
Fuck off dubfag.
>>
Finally watched this and I knew it, I was fucking right. The moment the first PV came out and we saw Omnimon fighting that other Digimon I KNEW it would be called Alphamon just to fit in with the Omnimon theme.
>>
>>138660658
the problem is, he is basing his theory on the dubbed version, and is hard to tell how close it was from the original script
>>
>>138666858
02 retconned that out too at the beginning of the series. I think they do know that Digimon were a thing because the newscaster said that the creatures appeared "again"

>>138666908
>He doesn't know Alphamon has been a Digimon for over a decade now
>He didn't immediately know about the Alpha and Omega theme

Are you dumb son?
>>
>>138666256
Who is Taiki cloned from? He isn't like any of the previous leaders.
If anything Takuya is a failed attempt of a protagonsit more similar to Taichi.
>>
>>138661030
>Next movie
>Patamon mega evolves to Seraphimon
>becomes a jobber
>"Goodbye, Takeru"
>>
Can Lordknightmon be the hero this time?
>>
>>138666702
>and the spanish girls digimon does DigiEvolucioun

Yes, but they still call themselves "Niños Elegidos" = "Chosen Children"
>>
>>138664024
Terriermon though
>>
>>138666939
I stopped watching after Tamers because A. I grew up and B. Everyone says that everything after Tamers is shit anyway,

Not interested in kiddyshit like this usually, but this is a movie from my childhood so I'm watching it.
>>
>>138666702
So you're basically just a dubfag?

God I fucking hate how the localization has to add "Digi" in front of every word. I know there are some cases of this in the Japanese version too but it's so fucking annoying. DigiDestined and Digivolution sound retarded.
>>
>>138664225
Wew lad.
>>
>>138666994
Nope, still Gomamon
>>
>>138666858
The general public doesn't know what the monsters are. Only chosen children and the government know details about digimon.

>>138666908
Alphamon exists since 2003.
>>
>>138667036
I think they wanted to differentiate themselves from pokemon
>>
>>138665207
Joe's slice of life where he constantly asks why does HE has to fight again without even recalling that there are younger kids that had that labor before him its definitively a gaping plothole so big that its hurts.
>>
>>138667036
How about digivolve? Yeah, that's what I thought.
>>
>>138664290
Trying on swimsuits that they recently bought for their trip to the hot springs. The one that happens in tri part 2.
>>
>>138667036
The DigiDestined thing was in the original dialogue though what the actual line was like "I am DigiDestiny" like he was trying to say it but couldn't say it right
>>
>>138664191
it doesn't make sense how once they saw Ken becoming the kaiser again they weren't concern trying to get in contact with Daisuke and co.
Did they forget they exist? they're probably disappeared long time ago, not even their family are looking for them? Instead of focusing on who ships with who, they should answer some other questions
>>
>>138667009
>I only watch mature anime made for mature people such as myself.
Fuck off.
>>
>>138667110
>I cant respect other people tastes

Fuck off, not him by the way.
>>
File: 1433359770326.jpg (12KB, 200x243px) Image search: [Google]
1433359770326.jpg
12KB, 200x243px
>>138667009
>because A. I grew up
That's 12 year old talk, senpai.
>>
>>138667080
It's just as bad.

Not as bad as what things have become thanks to that though, with every post about Cyber Sleuth's localization from Official sources adding Digi in front of everything.

"Digi-Mystery" "Digi-Detective" "Digi-Ready" goddamn I hate this franchise in the western world.
>>
>>138666301
>Daisukes illusion
tell me more

>tfw Tri could be Daisuke's worst fear, a world without him and his friends that goes on without them only to possibly be ultimately destroyed
>>
>>138667110
Well yeah I'm not 5 any more so I'm not going to watch stuff for literal children.
>>
>>138667009
how much mad are you to come here to brag your "maturity"?
>>
>>138667152
Nat-chan returned again.
>>
>>138667146
>being this digibuttblasted
>>
>>138667099
>it doesn't make sense how once they saw Ken becoming the kaiser again they weren't concern trying to get in contact with Daisuke and co.

The movie ended right after Ken attacked. And during his attack they were understandably more concerned with stopping him than contacting other chosen children.

That's only an issue if it's not addressed on the third movie.
>>
>>138667173

What are you doing in /a/? We don't like people like you who don't watch children cartoons
>>
Anyone else here ready for Next Order? Looking forward to actually being able to use Jesmon early on.
>>
>>138666760
>Taichi's son
>using "-san"
>basically being Koushiro in familiarity levels
>Takari confirmed not happening
>>
>>138667146
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2myLCpNnY
>>
>>138667146
What a digifaggot
>>
>>138667202
Generally here to talk about proper anime instead of kidshit.
>>
>>138667146
>being this digimad
>>
>>138666857
MEMORY
ALTERATION
>>
>>138667070

>The city is in danger and being destroyed
>WHY DO I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING?! THERE'S OTHER PEOPLE, MUH EXAMS
MUH GROWING UP WE ARE NOT CHILDREN, I'M NPT JOKING I HAVE A GF
>But Gomamon can stay, I like you Gomamon

Joe was acting like a faggot and he knew it.
>>
>>138667070
>but thou must
That's what pisses off Joe. He already helped save the world, what? 2? 3 times?
Enough is enough.
>>
>>138667173
There's no way of saying stuf like this withou looking like a teenager who is afraid of being called a kid.
>>
>>138667255
>>138667194
Yes, this legitimately makes me angry. I love this franchise and seeing even games like Cyber Sleuth being reduced too "ARE YOU READY TO SOLVE A DIGI-MYSTERY" hurts.
>>
>>138667276
Or someone who just actually grew up.
>>
>>138667297
Stop being autistic and learn to live with it.
>>
>>138667246
At least make your baits less obvious sempai.
>>
File: 2016-02-25-011518.jpg (151KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-25-011518.jpg
151KB, 960x544px
>>138667297
But they never say that kind of stuff in-game, I only remember digivolution being present since that is already a staple in the west.
>>
>>138667267
>Joe was acting like a faggot and he knew it.
Pretty much the easiest way to summarize his character arc.
>>
>>138667330
As long as you keep replying he will keep baiting
>>
>>138665547
That's so cute. The two of them are adorable. I am NOT shipping them, fuck you if you thought that
>>
>>138667209
>implying "-san" is significant
Come back again when Taichi's wife's son calls Takeru "Takeru-jiichan"
>>
>>138667267
And he knew Yamato would call him on it.
>>
>>138667272
well he is a chosen child, as long as digimon still exist, is hit duty as well as the others chosen children to fight, I rather fight digimon than studying, as long government gibs me dat welfare
>>
>>138667328
You know it's possible to put up with something and it still annoy you?

>>138667358
I didn't buy the english version so I wouldn't know, but that still doesn't stop it from being plastered over every advertisement or PV or website talking about it.
>>
>>138667193
post yfw nat-chan is the one to start messing with the illusion to save daisuke
>>
>>138667209

It was confimed not happening years ago, by the writer, anyway.

I don't know why that anon got that idea about "hidden hints" in regards of pairings in the epilogue.
>>
>>138667328
>Lol you don't like something so you're autistic!

Fuck off.
>>
>>138667401
>is his duty
But why, because he saw a fucking parrot when he was 6? That's his exact problem.
>>
>>138667419
Based Nat-chan, truly loves Daisuke.
Dubfags wont know about Nat-chan, silly anon.
>>
>>138667009
>I grew up
>Not interested in kiddyshit like this
I feel bad for you Anon. I can't believe you think growing up means abandoning what you loved as a child. Growing up is embracing your childhood and learning and growing from it. Digimon is something that can be enjoyed by everyone and if you believe this is kiddyshit then I don't think 4chan is the place for you let alone /a/ since 99% of the anime watched is targeted towards children. You must live a very sad and miserable existance if you think you can't continue to enjoy Digimon after 12 years old.
>>
>>138666055
>Takeru looks like he's about to beat the shit out of him
Based remove darkness-kun
>>
>>138667401
>is hit duty
A duty forced upon him
>as long government gibs me dat welfare
But that's not the case. He doesn't even get a thank you.
He has to drop whatever is doing(failing at) to save the world for the nth time.
>>
>>138667323
so basically you're being Jou right now kek
>>
>>138667401
>Japan
>welfare
>>
>>138666317
Thx
>>
>>138667461
because sometimes you have no choice, life never asks you before if you want this to happen or the other, it happens and you must deal with it
>inb4 edgy

>>138667497
yeah, the latter is what I don't like, being the chosen children is not an easy duty but i guess if you do it for grorious japan, having honor is greatto reward
>>
>>138667451
>15 years later and still complaining

Petulant child. You'll be fed what you're given and if it's not too your liking well then tough luck.
>>
>>138667470
it's ok, just have some shit 15 second long flashback thrown in to explain everything about her while showing us an official design while they're at it[/spoiler
and then she can appear properly later even if it's just for two minutes
>>
>>138667323
Get with the times Anon, it's cool to like kid shows. It's something you can have in common with your kids and have a great in depth conversation about it.
>>
File: 1457850007104.jpg (73KB, 767x507px) Image search: [Google]
1457850007104.jpg
73KB, 767x507px
>>138666600
Same here. It should have been one of the originals. Not that gomamon-riding-tentomon abomination (even though they're my favorites individually) but at least Gabumon.
>>
>>138663058
That's an interesting observation. It's hard to tell if Takeru is just a dense flirt or a smooth operator.
>>
>>138667551
>You'll be fed what you're given and if it's not too your liking well then tough luck.

Well, as long as you never complain about anything then.
>>
>>138667428
The original creators don't have their say in Tri anymore. Kakudo tweeted how he's worried about the lack of interactions between Sora and Yamato. The logical move from the new writers is to fix the pairing (i.e. make Takari canon) and please the audience.
>>
>>138667524
well then, a bribe, like helping him get into the school he studies so hard to get in, fuck it, im sure nothing what he is studying for is gonna be seen
>>
>>138667551
That wasn't me but I didn't actually care back then since I was still a kid. I only got big into Japanese Digimon maybe 6 or 7 years ago now.
>>
>>138666638
Yeah but it was an UGLY cute contest. Of the partners I'd say Tentomon is the ugliest while still being 'cute'.
>>
>>138666655
After they realized the only thing Pokemon had that Digimon didnt was an abundance of hats, they decided they needed to compensate.

>inb4 pokemon doesnt have digital monsters
What are all those unused mons in your pc? Huh?
Digital World: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7J317KiOPGU
>>
>>138667550
>inb4 edgy
Yeah, that. Only Yamato, Hikari, and maybe Koushiro would go with it.
>>
>>138667665
I thought they changed writers all the time.
>>
>>138663058
He was going to have a date on Yamato's band show in Reunion. And Yamato also teased him about it, so it's not just Hikari.
>>
>>138667715
>Tentomon is the ugliest
Say that to my face not online see what happens.
>>
>>138667790
Sorry I meant Palmon. Tentomon is straight up ugly.
>>
>>138667672
>Japan
>accepting bribes
>>
>>138658956
Flavor Flave confirmed for better boss than Digimon Kaiser
>>
>>138667770
He had 2 dates
>>
>>138667461

Well, that's pretty much his fault for being nosy.

Though if he really wants to blame someone, he should have blamed Taichi and Hikari since they are the ones that started the whole thing.

But seriously, the point is that when shit was going on the adecuate reaction isn't staying at home studying like nothing is happening.

If he wants to quit being a chosen, then he has to quit being Gomamon's partner and we know he's not going to do it.

This anon >>138667361 has the right idea. Joe was being self-centered, but not in the same way as Mimi. He simply let himself be absorbed by his real life pressures and didn't want to deal with the digital world stuff because his RL stuff was overwhelming him.
>>
>>138667665
They are not going to change anything that was outright confirmed, stop deluding yourself.
What they're doing is toning down their interaction ir order to be able to tease all ships, but it's very unlikely they'll change couples established 15 years ago.
That's a cheap ass move but I wouldn't say it's a unexpected one.
>>
post yfw huckmon is nat-chan reborn and that's why she's stalking the adventure chosen and in league with the kaiser, they both share a common goal
>>
>>138666866
I also call her Ohanimon because that's what it sounds like, what now.

Omegamon (because it ties with Alphamon)
Gatomon (wtf tail? She doesn't use her tail for anything)
XV-mon (ExVeemon? Ecks Dee lawl)
HerakleKabuterimon (That's more because in my native language Hercules is Herakle)
SaintGargomon, HolyAngemon, Holydramon (because magna is stupid)
Ogremon and Growlmon (because Growmon? Did he grow, is that it? Why isn't every single Digimon ever named Growmon?)
Armadimon flows better
Arukenimon
AtlurKabuterimon is cooler than the generic MegaKabuterimon

Baby 1→Baby 2→Child→Adult→Perfect→Mega, to avoid saying Ultimate and confusing dubfags

I basically pick and choose what sounds better. But DigiDestined because that's what the English speaking DigiDestined call themselves.
>>
>>138666970
Most likely theory
>>
>>138667967
>I basically pick and choose what sounds better.

So you're an inconsistent faggot then.
>>
>>138666988
So if i was speaking Spanish I'd call em that. If I'm speaking Japanese I'll go with erabareshi kodomo. In English it's DigiDestined.

Fuck digivolution either way though.
>>
>>138667551
that is a seriously pathetic attitude
listen and obey levels of ew
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7089967
http://strawpoll.me/7089967
>>
>>138667967
So you're autistic?
>>
>>138666788
> Joe's (and even Mimi's) issues seem better handled than his.

I thought Mimi didn't change during the second movie. To me, it felt like best girl of tri remained best girl through out the movie. Even Joe admits that she was based.
>>
>>138667967
This might just be the most retarded thing I've read in my entire life.
>>
>>138668055
Complaining won't do squat though. You're only other option is to go learn Japanese and consume the media in it's native language.
>>
>>138667497
>A duty forced upon him

You know what else is being forced upon him? Studying to be a doctor.

>>138667665

>Kakudo is worried about his OTP

Citation Needed.

Look, here's the thing. The epilogue is canon. It's one thing to tease and mantain the air of "mystery" and another is to tramp into what's already established. The only thing we know for sure is that this will all lead to the same end, unless they play the "alternate reality" card.
>>
>>138668108
As long as you never complain about anything, then.
>>
>>138668084
That's really what her arc was, not changing just because other people don't like her, because at least being a bitch lets her get shit done.
>>
>>138668108
Well that is why I watch Digimon in Japanese and play the games in Japanese, yes.
>>
>>138667152
All the kids had illusions at the end when fighting BelialVamdemon, except Daisuke. Then literally everything worked out for everyone perfectly afterwards. Daisuke is the type of person who would wish that everyone gets what they want, so it could just be still his illusion. Maybe the 02 kids are trying to break them out of the illusion.

So many plotholes and inconsistencies though, and also this would mean none of what happened was real and I'd really rather that wouldn't happen.
>>
File: 43215324562436.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
43215324562436.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>138668059
>never bothered completing it

There are seriously people posting in these threads who do this?
>>
>>138667967
>Gatomon (wtf tail? She doesn't use her tail for anything)
>terriermon
>wtf terrier? is not a dog or anything
>>
File: 1457766122691.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457766122691.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>this long without posting Rosemon ass

THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
>>
>>138667967
>Being literally autistic
>>
>>138668180
It's why tri threads are the worst threads.
>>
>>138668121
>It's one thing to tease and mantain the air of "mystery" and another is to tramp into what's already established.

But anon, 02 constantly trampled into what Adventure established. So it is okay if Tri ignores the epilogue and simply focus in the today instead of trying to damage control and go out of their way to explain and justify the pairing.
>>
>>138668182
>Palmon
>wtf? is not a hand or anything
>>
>>138668059
I marathoned it when Tri got announced, when was it announced again?
>>
>>138668262
>implying Palmon isn't Canadian
>>
>>138668262

I-is that what Palmon is suppose to mean?
>>
>>138668281
I think it was 2014
>>
>>138668281
August 1, 2014.
>>
>>138668262
It is a pal, though.
>>
>>138667762
The director still had final say in overarching plotlines
>>
File: 1351776973645.png (269KB, 835x720px) Image search: [Google]
1351776973645.png
269KB, 835x720px
>>138668307
>>138668310
Was it that long ago? Damn.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7090059

http://strawpoll.me/7090059

So who do you want back in Tri?

Let's put this to rest.
>>
>>138668084

She didn't, but she still had some internal turmoil, just not on the same level as Joe. I mean, Koushiro told her, her classmates told her. I think it's safe to assume that maybe she was doubting herself, but she stood on her ground and went forward.
>>
>Watching the Digimon Adventure festivals
>The announcer lady comes out in tears both times

Fucking cute.
>>
when does
>>
>>138668121
>You know what else is being forced upon him? Studying to be a doctor.
Welcome to real life.
And it beats risking your life every other week fighting digital monsters.
>>
>>138668084
I think it's less about changing and more about acknowledging their flaws.
>>
>>138668337
It was announced for Adventure's 15th anniversary and chances are it will finish during Adventure's 20th.
>>
>>138668262
Always thought it was because she was a pal
>>
>>138668338
>no Ken
Kaiser doesn't count.
>>
>>138664547
>>138663985
>>138663866
>>138663447
Son, I like how you think.
>>
>>138668182
SaintGargomon is a dog
>>
>>138668121
I thought Jou had a girlfriend in his study group and that's part of the reason he wasn't helping his friends, hence the heart emoji in the one text

I also thought it might be them nodding at american fans since Kenshiro and Mimi is obviously endgame.
>>
File: 53464326235323.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
53464326235323.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>138668467
Takari will never be canon. This should've been the final nail in the coffin. Meet Hikari's son not-Takeru's-child.
>>
Why does Joe look like he belongs in a SOL anime?
>>
>>138668338
>no Michael
>no Catherine
>no Black Ash
>no none of the above
>>
>>138668338
We had exactly the same poll yesterday, anon.
>>
>>138668338
>http://strawpoll.me/7090059
Where is the "none of the above" option?
>>
>>138668543
>Black Ash
Seems redundant
>>
>>138668535
If the writers want it's not impossible to write in couples for the kids who never had a spouse specified. It's outwright changing confirmed couples that's unlikely, not to say impossible. I hope they don't do that because these threads are shit enough already.

And even if they do that, there's no Takari hints in Tri besides "They talk to each other in a friendly manner" and "they share frames",
>>
Is Tailmon the original Do-Not-Stealmon?

>was supposed to be with the main group but was separated early on so nobody remembers her
>trained alone so default form is a level higher than all the others
>tortured past
>was evil for a while
>turns good at the drop of a hat after 2 minutes of screen time
>evolves into a stronger and sexier version of the strongest evolution line
>partner has superpowers
>accepted into group without question and instantly becomes an important character
>has barely any personality or development after info dump backstory

That's without even getting into Wizarmon.
>>
>>138668653
She was cute in Xros Wars at least.
>>
>>138668395

I should know that I'm a doctor as well, but the point is that.

From his perspective he wants to embrace his real life matters and disregard everything else while the digital world issues are also part of his reality. The moment they went with the whole Oprah ending and have the two worlds becoming closer it was when it was decided.

Joe has always being (or trying to be) there when there was trouble or for his friends and despite him being scared. In this movie he's just simply running away.

He can't just simply sit his ass down during crisis pretending nothing is happening when he's one of the few ones that can do something to help.

Also, it shows that he doesn't remember what Shun said to him.
>>
>>138668537
>not impressive physically
>not impressive academically
>not charismatic
>Not handsome, not ugly
>glasses
>Only admirable trait is reliability

Jou is capable of leading a middling life and nothing more, so he'd get super fucking autistic when something went even slightly wrong, and that's what all SOL is based on.

Alternatively, Jou would be the most pathetic Harem MC ever. He'd only win because the girl realized that ultimately having someone stable was safer than being with someone they find comfort and passion with. it would be Settling: The Series.
>>
File: here comes the D.jpg (151KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
here comes the D.jpg
151KB, 1024x768px
>>138668606
Who you callin' redundant?
>>
>>138668678
He's not the only one with memory impairment. But the reason why Shun's words aren't that important or hold much value to him is because he isn't the one who has to face the look of disappointment from his father if he decides to take the lax approach like his older brother did.
>>
>>138668757
Wordplay
>>
>>138668757
man, the shittiest digimon one could have
>>
>>138668531
>I thought Jou had a girlfriend in his study group and that's part of the reason he wasn't helping his friends, hence the heart emoji in the one text

It's undertandable to dedicate some quality time with his girlfriend, and he doesn't really have to go to all the meetings, but he's been basically abstent during almost the whole thing until now.

Yamato and Gomamon just wanted him to give actual fucks and Hikari wanted to know why he couldn't give said fucks while Taichi, even though he was more in tune with him, he was pretty much enabling that behavior. Joe knew what he was doing wasn't right
>>
>>138668837
Which one was his? RedVeggiemon? Cherrymon? RedVeggiemon?
>>
>>138665461
I want to hug and take care of gomamon
>>
>>138668871
i think it was none of you mentioned
>>
>>138668061
>>138668203
At least I don't call them Agu.mon "because .mon is their file extension" like some people I've seen around the internet
>>
>>138668543
No one gives a fuck about these one/two-shot not even good enough to be side characters

>>138668457
Ken wasn't an option, because if the Kaiser is in the films, no doubt that Ken will show up at some point.
>>
>>138668535

This.

Now people might argue "But it wasn't mentioned that Yamato and Sora were married". Well the thing is that, unlike Miyaken, it wasn't supposed to be mentioned. Instead, they show Sora talking to the little Sora/Yamato clones about how they are good siblings.

Hikari was just there, happy with her own son. Not Takeru, nor his spawn. That's confirmation Takari didn't happen. Hiromi Seki's statement was the actual nail in the coffin.

Great, shipperfags had me now jusyifying Sorato.

Brb, going to throw up,
>>
>>138669007
>No one gives a fuck about these one/two-shot not even good enough to be side characters
Then why is Wallace on the poll?
>>
>>138669007
But Black Ash needs to be explored more
>>
>>138669044
>black ash
>not tasty chocolate latina loli with the gotsumon
she was carving that exKaiser dick
>>
>>138668653

Yeah, those who criticise Meicoomon of being exactly that forgot that tailmon was in the same position before
>>
>>138669089
Tailmon doesn't killed yet Leomon.
>>
File: FlareLizamon.png (260KB, 430x610px) Image search: [Google]
FlareLizamon.png
260KB, 430x610px
>>138668871
Sam, Black Ash, is partnered with FlareLizamon.
>>
>>138669076
>not the yankee with betamon
>>
>>138669149
>American
>Beta
true poetry
>>
>>138668811

That's fair enough.

I really hope in the next movies Joe tries to talk out things with his father. At least letting him know how he feels.

We have seen now that he's not been doing well ever since this started. And it's been taking a toll on him.
>>
>>138669140

So what?

He evolves into wargreymon. Why is that bad?
>>
>>138668121
>You know what else is being forced upon him? Studying to be a doctor.
No it's not?

He chose to study to be a doctor of his own free will, his fear during Adventure was that he was being forced to be a doctor but his brother said he could be whoever he wanted
>>
>>138669029
But muh retcon.
>>
File: 1433322407286.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1433322407286.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>you will never marry this qt blonde france grill
>>
>>138669042
Because he isn't a side character. He was a main character in Hurricane Touchdown.
>>
>>138668653
Also, Hikari wasn't even supposed to be part of the show originally. It just sort of turned out that way that they wanted more tie-ins with the first movie
>>
>>138669201
his brother saying he could be whoever he wanted doesn't make the duty not-forced on him. it can still be subconsciously imposed
>>
Jou was also getting frustrated again because all the studying he was doing wasn't making his grades better and he was getting more and more stressed and thinking about the fighting was not helping at all.

>>138669256
I'm saying it's not being forced on him from an outside force and that he is the one choosing it, whether it's a subconscious urge to keep doing it is a different story but it's still different from how he was chosen because he saw a parrot and dinosaur fight
>>
>>138669076
Her too.
I'd like to think that they all meet up in the digital world, which seems to be a lot smaller than earth. What is it, just file island and folder continent? And the gates into or out of the digital world are variable. They don't correspond to consistent locations on earth, any gate can lead to anywhere there's an internet connected monitor on earth.

Though with the advancement of technology, increased bandwidth, etc, you'd expect the digital world to get bigger and more varied.
>>
>>138668609
>>138669029
This delusion, Taichi's kid calls takeru uncle. Why the fuck would he do that then huh???
>>
>>138669140
Thanks for being helpful /a/non
>>
>>138669201
>his fear during Adventure was that he was being forced to be a doctor but his brother said he could be whoever he wanted

What were the exact words from Shun? I was sure that Joe's decision to be a doctor was influences by his father.

And speaking about his father, he does look fairly young considering the age of his other two brother.
>>
File: 2321421342352135323.png (351KB, 724x477px) Image search: [Google]
2321421342352135323.png
351KB, 724x477px
Why is Jou's report card so bleak? I mean, he is using his free time on studying, right? So there really shouldn't be a reason why he's flunking so badly.
>>
>>138669373
stress
>>
>>138669373
I've been in his exact position. It happens.
>>
>>138668196
Rosemon doesn't have feats yet.
>>
>>138669373
Meiko is so plain looking that I almost thought it was her on the right.
>>
>>138669373
>gets a girlfriends
>grades drop
>starts neglecting his girlfriend and puts more time into studying
>digimons start wrecking the city
>Jo senpai!
fml
>>
>>138669373

Because he's not naturally that smart, that's why he actually needs a lot of time to study in the first place, to even do semi-decently.
>>
>>138669361

>Filipinofag detected

That never happens. Not in the other international dubs, much less in the original, hell not even in the shitty English dub and they were the ones who tried to force Takari the most with all that made up dialogues.
>>
>>138669361

"Takeru-san" he calls him Takeru-san.

Not "Oji-san" nor "Takeru-ojisan".

You're the one who's delusional. Wake up.
>>
>>138669373
this is the case of smart and intelligent, he is able to solve a problem on its own but can't process new information that easy?
>>
The term "Uncle/Aunt" can be used by a child for any adult around the age of their parents, that is close to the family as a show of both respect and close familiarity.

This is especially true in Japan.
>>
>>138669444
This aforementioned girlfriend isn't at fault either (if the one who send the message was her).

But yeah, a lot of shit was going on.
>>
>>138669568
Meanwhile Yamato goes "Fuck it. Ima be an astronaut."
>>
>>138669373
Sometimes you just don't test well.

Jou was never shown to be a particularly smart person (though the dub played him off as a total nerd early on). He was just one of the most resourceful.
>>
>>138669361
>believing this delusion
>>
>>138669636
"This planet can no longer contain all my edge. Must branch out to Mars."
>>
>>138669617

That's correct, except that Taichi's son never adresses Takeru like that.
>>
>>138669304
eh, japanese
I'm pretty sure high achieving career and studies for it can easily be assumed to be (partially at least) from parental pressure too
>>
>>138669636
Yamato is driven to get away from Taichi. And Sora too, I guess?

Or maybe it's a publicity stunt to promote his new band, "SPACE OF THE KNIFE."
>>
>>138669636
>"Yes, this place is perfect to host a concert for Knife of Day"
>>
>>138669745
SPACE OF RAMEN.
>>
File: FIST OF DAY.webm (246KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FIST OF DAY.webm
246KB, 1280x720px
>>138669801
>>
>>138669745
>yfw he's becoming an astronaut because he thinks it'll make him look cooler
>>
>>138669832
>space doctor sounds cool
>becomes a better doctor than Joe
But seriously, how did Yamato became the first man on Mars?
He doesn't strike me as the smart type.
>>
>>138669329
>just file island and folder continent
There is probably a shit load of file islands, which could make tie-ins with the digimon videogames.

Also, what's bigger than a folder? hard drive? partition?
>>
>>138669948
they were just desperate to send someone and Yamato was looking for an excuse to be far from Taichi and Sora
>>
I have to wonder why they didn't just make Yamato a rock star.

I mean, it's not like the ending meant anything major in the long run and they were going full wish-fulfillment anyway
>>
>>138669948

He just probably joined one of those space programs that take some people after some training a la Challenger.
>>
>>138669978
The ever mysterious "removable storage island"

We don't know if it actually exists. It's sometimes there, and sometimes not.
>>
>>138670122
That was terrible, anon.
>>
>>138670148
Better than "File Island"

Why didnt they call it Fisland? Fisle?
>>
>>138669618
>>138669444
Wait what?

/a/ told me it was gomamon the one that sent the <3 emoji
>>
why in 02 the children around the world ave the old digivice while Daisuke, and team have the new ones? It makes them look like total mary sue
>>
>>138663690
And xros wars was shit.
It's not a good idea to get your point across with xros wars as a citation.
>>
>>138670023
>>138670088
Didn't he arrive to mars 'by mistake'? or was that just shitposting?
Seems like he was a legit astronaut.
>>
>>138670194
They were trolling because Gomamon was acting like Jou's wife in this episode. It was probably his actual girlfriend
>>
>>138670064
Because a possible third Adventure series was supposedly going to feature Digimon from space. Yamato being an astronaut is a leftover of that idea.

>>138670197
The children Oikawa kidnaps get the new Digivices as well.

Japan gets all the good stuff first.

>>138670270
That was a dub invention.
>>
>>138669029
Except they eventually did mention that yes Sora and Yamato got married while at the same time they outright stated Takeru and Hikari were never going to happen.
>>
>>138670270
>Didn't he arrive to mars 'by mistake'? or was that just shitposting?
That was 100% the dub
>>
>>138670290
is this digimon or shippingmon?
>>
>>138670349
Sometimes I feel digimon is wasted on its fanbase.
>>
>>138670349
Digishippingmon :^)
>>
>>138670213
>And xros wars was shit
>hating the only season in which digimons had true characterization
Also, still better than 02 and Tri.
>>
>>138670400
>>138670400
>>138670400
>>
>>138670385
>hating the only season in which digimons had true characterization
Except for, you know, tamers.
Also this little bit alone does not redeem it.
>>
>>138670290

Read:
>Hiromi Seki's statement was the actual nail in the coffin.

I was talking about your pic related anon.

What happens is that apparently some people believe that there are "Takari hints" in the epilogue, like this guy >>138664547 when we know that's bullshit and in reality we got evidence that it never went canon.
>>
>Tri not dubbed
>Cyber Sleuth not dubbed

Why is it such a bad time to be a Digimon fan?
>>
>>138670290
I don't know about that. You can attach a picture with an interview, written in a language people don't understand and just say some untrue facts, just to spite the Takari fandom. It's a dick move, to be honest.
>>
>>138670457
wut? did you mean such a great time or something? Because it truly is, finally dubtrash is dying out for good.
>>
>>138670197
The D-3 Digivice hadn't existed yet when those international Chosen got their Digivices.

The bigger question is why hadn't all the older Digivices turn into D-3s, like Takeru and Hikari's.
>>
>>138670457
>bad time
>you actually get both new anime and the game actually made it overseas
>>
Just to spite shippingfags, I hope Tri never resolves anything romance wise and everybody simply ends as good friends as usual and nothing else.
>>
>>138670669
I'd rather them resolve everything with no one so much as dating anyone else in the group and getting on with other people.
>>
>>138670557
But that leaves the question, how and when they got the digivice? Because if it was that time everyone saw the battle during 01 then why Daisuke and the others didn't have it while the rest did?

Also Takeru and Hikari's digivices turned into D3 because of the eggs
>>
>>138671428
They were Chosen at 2 different occasions, during Vamdemon's invasion and during the Diablomon Internet incident.

We don't know the exact time they received their Digivices or for what purpose, other than to shine a light to defeat a stationary end boss.

Takeru and Hikari's Digivices changed before they even lifted the eggs.
>>
>>138664257
Tell me your secrets anime producers. How do you make promotional art that is such poor quality?

>>138664264
The more they bait TaichiXHikari the more I want it, and I'm not even a shipper.
Thread posts: 528
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.