[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans love this style over substance series? Almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: Bebops.jpg (240KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Bebops.jpg
240KB, 1600x1200px
Why do Americans love this style over substance series? Almost every episode outside of the Vicious storyline offered no interesting information to be processed. It felt like a Saturday morning cartoon for noir fags.

Not to mention Faye Valentine is one of the ugliest female designs of all time.
>>
Opinions, opinions. "Style over substance" is an unsupported claim, I sure as hell wouldn't agree. The show was largely episodic, so it makes sense that outside of certain storylines the episodes would be self-contained. I thought every episode was interesting, too. Also, Faye is smokin'

As always, OP is a faggot.
>>
File: 1456992901608.jpg (398KB, 798x900px) Image search: [Google]
1456992901608.jpg
398KB, 798x900px
Are you a new fag???
>>
>>138178581
Evangelion is my favorite but Bebop is just 3deep5me am i rite?
>>
File: 203.gif (68KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
203.gif
68KB, 300x100px
OP i tell you how to use this site for pepole like you if you see the x on the right corner click on it and wait
>>
>>138178353
>It felt like a Saturday morning cartoon for noir fags
Sounds like a pretty good reason for it to be popular with burgers 2bh.
>>
It was entertaining but I agree that children with no experience of anything love it so much when its not all that

The only episode that really got to was Faye's episode where she finds the time capsule. All my close friends from childhood and family are dead so the 'left behind' storylines in fiction really get to me
>>
File: 1456479238826.gif (98KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1456479238826.gif
98KB, 500x364px
OP the first thing i learned here dont post too negativ post on the animes/manga that is on /a/-s recommendation list
>>
>>138178809
You are letting bias cloud your judgment.
>>
Style over substance is always massively popular. Just look at shit like Boku Dake, Keyshit, or TTGL.
I think Cowboy Bebop has plenty of substance though.
Whether style in itself can be substance is a better question.
>>
>>138178476
/thread
>>
>>138178353
>Why do weeaboos love this style over substance series? Almost every episode outside of the sigh storyline offered no interesting information to be processed. It felt like a Saturday morning cartoon for SOL fags.
>Not to mention Haruhi Suzumiya is one of the ugliest female designs of all time.
>>
>>138179030
I think style can equal substance if there's consistency and/or thematic relevance to the chosen style. Shows like Bebop and Evangelion nail this.

If you just throw a bunch of unconnected shit in because it looks cool, then you're going to wind up with an incoherent mess.
>>
Style can be a form of substance.

Even if you think otherwise, Bebop has more substance than the vast majority of weebshit.
>>
>>138179487
I'm not a SOL fag. I just want more information out of an episode than Bebop seemed to offer.
>>
>>138179487
I don't even watch moe series like Yuri Yuri or K-on but I found Haruhi an intriguing take on a spoiled brat.
>>
File: 1454604291658.png (22KB, 267x292px) Image search: [Google]
1454604291658.png
22KB, 267x292px
>>138178672
>"Evangelion is my favorite"
>hates Bebop
>>
>>138178476
fpbp
>>
Fuck off, Bebop is pretty based
The only shit episodes (which actually had no significance) were Jupiter Jazz Part 2 and Boogie Woogie Feng Shui
Though I agree it is pretty episodic and definitely not something to be binge watched
>>
>>138181481
Are you an americunt?
>>
>>138181912
are you a retard?
>>
>>138182022
I'm not sure how that is relevant.
>>
>>138181481
Jupiter Jazz was based
Heavy Metal Queen was the worst
>>
>>138178353
I don't understand what the fuss over it is either. Felt boring, plots had no depth to them, character development was non-existant, basically it was just flashy.

There's flashier and better looking shows out there if that's what you're after.
>>
>>138182896
That episode with the sea rats or whatever the hell they were called was worst.
God how many times have I seen the goons with their "Mama".
And the one with the Chinese chick.
>>
>>138182896
I'm talking about Part 2, Part 1 was pretty chill
Literally nothing happens in Part 2
We have Gren's homolust towards Vicious and Vicious outsmarting the fag anyway
Then cue shitty death related forced drama
The dogfight that takes place before is fucking sloppy as hell
Heck, the ending scene is the same as Jupiter Jazz Part 1 opening scene
The only good thing about this ep was that they used one of the best OSTs in the credits
>>138184629
>That episode with the sea rats or whatever the hell they were called was worst.
You mean Gateway Shuffle?
Nah, it was good cause there's a shootout in the beginning and one of the series best dogfights takes place in the later half of this episode
Plus the ending was nice (The eco-terrorists dying an ironic "death" by the very virus they created; in actual they turned into monkeys)
>And the one with the Chinese chick.
Yeah, that's Boogie Woogie Feng Shui
It's shit
>>
>>138184370
>Felt boring, plots had no depth to them
Episodic series are mostly like that. Since plots are self contained per episodes, they may feel shallow
>character development was non-existant
nigger did you even watch the show?

>There's flashier and better looking shows out there if that's what you're after.
Like?
>>
>>138185177
(not him)
Not really...the episodes in Cowboy Bebop are not strong enough to stand out imo

Something like Batman TAS does a much much better job as an episodic show
>>
>>138185275
>(not him)
>...
Kill yourself, newfag. You're not supposed to post until you've been reading threads for a few months.
>>
File: retch.jpg (103KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
retch.jpg
103KB, 600x600px
>>138178353
>>
>>138185275
First of all
>/co/ related
As good as Batman: TAS was, please keep your suggestions /a/ related. Futhermore, it also had its decent share of crap episodes
Secondly, Pierrot Le Fou was pretty much a tribute to shows like that
Cowboy Bebop is pretty much in the same vein
Also,
>>
Rock 'n' Roll Dandy, Baby was the best episode.
>>
Fuck off faggot, this is a classic anime that will be loved for as long as anime exists.

Also Spike is the coolest character in all of anime.
>>
File: 1456623788719.png (80KB, 244x297px) Image search: [Google]
1456623788719.png
80KB, 244x297px
Americans audiences cannot tolerate anything that deviates from their shit culture.
>>
>>138178353
>style over substance
Cinema and art forms derived thereof are all literally "style over substance".
>>
>>138178353
You're getting better. Better effort than that thread you made earlier this week. The comment about Faye was too obvious though.
>>
>>138185433
I can't think of an anime with strong indivdual episodes though so that's why I used Batman as an example

BTAS was far more consistent anyways and reached far bigger heights than Bebop
The Two-Face 2 parter alone is better than anything from Cowboy Bebop
>>
>>138185785
>Also Spike is the coolest character in all of anime.
Umm not even close
He's just a poor man's Lupin
>>
>>138188121
Apart from having a similar build, he's really not that much like Lupin.

He has more in common with the main character of a 70s Japanese TV series called "Tantei Monogatari."
>>
>>138178476
Pretty much. If CB aired today current retarded anime crowd of newfags would probably hate it due to "not enough plot". Really shame that due to CR IQ and attention span of anime watchers plummeted.
>>
Everybody told me that cowboy bebop was the greatest anime ever. So I gave it a try. After 6 episodes, I dropped it, because there was
Nothing great about it. Like the op
Said, it's a Saturday morning cartoon, that the muricans overhyped.
>>
>>138178353
Cowboy Bebop is an old school episodic sci-fi adventure show like Captain Harlock or Galaxy Express 999, there is a main plot that the show reminds you of every so often but the episodic little adventures are the Meat and Potatos of the show.
>>
>>138189924
You should get that shit taste treated, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 509x501px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 509x501px
>>138190224
But anon, I don't have a shit taste...
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.