[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gate Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 427
Thread images: 48

File: gun vs armour.jpg (332KB, 728x1035px) Image search: [Google]
gun vs armour.jpg
332KB, 728x1035px
So after catching up with Gate, I was wondering: would a hangun bullet be able to penetrate steel shields and armour? Assault rifles are probably a given, but could a 9mm handgun manage, even at close range?

Also, why is Kuribayashi best girl?
>>
>>135978155
Yes.
>>
>>135978293
Would it, though? I suppose they wouldn't be using the bulletproofed armour developed in the 16/17 century, but would it really go through a shield AND armour?
>>
>>135978569
contrary to popular belief, guns didnt replace armour because they could rekt them

alot of early guns, all the way up to the 20th century did little to no damage against full suit of armour.

it was just exponentially cheaper to make and use and armour was clumsy and took alot of money/time to make

vs modern rifles though? armour has no chance
>>
>>135978569
Would chain mail have a chance of stopping the bullet, or at least preventing the bullet from entering the body?
>>
>>135978155

are you joking? of course it would, a fucking arrow pierces armour.

That's what shields, chainmail and leather tunics are all for. To stop arrows (and everything else that could slash or stab you), but a bullet from a 9mm will got through armour/chainmail/leather all at once and probably the shield too. Don't doubt me on this either nigga
>>
>>135978661

no.
>>
>>135978155
>steel shields
Shields are made of wood.
>>
>>135978155
I wonder how long it'll be before the Emperor or someone else gets his hands on a stash of modern world weapons and uses it against the Japanese
>>
>>135978646
Sure if you're a fucking loser.
>>
>>135978599
Well yeah, obviously modern rifles would work, but that's why I was talking about handguns.

>>135978646
Maybe? Probably not on it's own, but chainmail after the Roman era was used with plate armour to cover the weak points between plates, IIRC.

>>135978661
I suppose. Does leather really stop arrows better than steel armour though? Also, padlocks can stop 9mm bullets IIRC, but then again they're probably even more durable than any medieval armour.

>>135978719
All of them?
>>
>>135978729
I don't know how the novels have developed, but I can only imagine that's the next logical step, since the Empire doesn't have a damn chance against the SDF as it stands. Probably Russia or China will manage to make contact and supply them with modern weaponry.

Maybe another Gate will open up somewhere else, even.
>>
>>135978729
anmd run out of ammo?
>>
>>135979170
They'd presumably get access to cashes of ammo too, then use it sparingly
>>
>>135978155
9mm shots go through car doors anon.
Also its the military standard issues handgun. its litterly used because its effective at killing people
>>
>>135978771
>>135979170
>>135979335
Even if they got hold of enough small arms and ammunition for their entire army, they'd still need training to use them properly. Also they'd still have trouble without aircraft, tanks, artillary, etc., all of which would take forever to teach them to use. Especially the aircrafts.
>>
>>135979631
The Japanese would obviously still have the advantage, but the odds would be evened a little and thus there would be more risk in battles
>>
>>135978729
Even if he did. Dudes would be noob with them. JSDF wold be and is trained in Gun v Gun combat. there is a fuck ton of strategy to urban gun fighting which the Emperor's army wouldnt have a clue about. Not to mention simple grenade and rocket warfare. That without even considdering tanks. If a bunch of battle mages came out and started throwing fireballs it'd be a different story
>>
>>135979718
The Empire could still resort to Guerrila-style tactics
>>
>>135979747
Anon. There is no If/But/Maybe/Could here. the JSDF are portrayed as HELLA professional. they wont even fuck the animal girls in town. i doubt they'd leave weapon caches arround. EVEN THEN. the JSDF is trained to fight against guns. the old noobs are not. At the end of the day if word got out they had some weapons. The metal valkeries would be on their way with a payload of missiles and the artilery would be called in.
>>
>>135979688
>>135979718
>>135979747
The problem is that warfare as a concept has had to contend with guns in the real world for hundreds of years, and the modern warfare adopted by the JSDF and all other modern armed forces has been built on all of those developments. The way technology has changed warfare over the past 100 years alone is huge, even at the beginning of the First World War cavalry charges were initially employed only for them to be abandoned after they were inevitably decimated by machineguns, artillary and everything else afforded by the radical changes in weaponry and warfare. The Empire has all that time to make up for in a very short space of time.

>>135979842
The only way it would happen is if another foreign power or arms dealer managed to make contact with the Empire. Dunno if that's going to happen or not.
>>
According to the novel translations:
>Kuribayashi drew her sidearm and fired three shots. Since they were using wooden shields, the 9mm bullets could splinter a shield in one shot, shatter it in another, and strike the person holding them with a third.
It doesn't mention armor, mind.
>>
>>135980193
>9mm
Might as well just be shooting BBs.
>>
>>135978771
>I don't know how the novels have developed, but I can only imagine that's the next logical step,
Then you don't know the story very well. This isn't one of those "Magical World is many times stronger" fantasies. The Gate world is primitive and stays that way. And no, the story isn't about fair battles. It never was, You fight when you can't lose, only idiots want a fair fight.
>>
>>135981142
I was talking on the premise of the story developing in the direction of the JSDF facing combat difficulties outside of magical creatures. I guess the political intrigue could take the story quite a bit further, but the premise of the Empire refusing to back down against an almost infinitely superior foe can only be stretched so far, even with the moron prince in power. Like I said, I haven't read the novels, but from what I can tell the manga has covered less than half of the material to date, so I can't help but wonder which direction it goes in and how far.
>>
File: JSDF bullying.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JSDF bullying.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>the only place where JSDF is respected is anime

Escapism on a whole new level!
>>
>>135981763
To be fair, any shitty modern army would probably steamrolll a civilization that has yet to develop post-Roman technology.
>>
>>135981999
But the whole thing sounds like a joke coming from a nation like Japan.
>>
>>135978155
You think why robbers don't use armors and shields against the polices?
>>
>>135982214
Those are too expensive?
>>
File: 1445298045519.jpg (73KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1445298045519.jpg
73KB, 601x601px
>>135978599
>alot of early guns, all the way up to the 20th century did little to no damage against full suit of armour.

Nice bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSxFY917UH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQfcRLT18IY
>>
>>135981999

Ring of Fire book series, modern rural American town is transported through time to shot and pike era Europe and steamrolls them. Warfare, technology, commerce, etc.
>>
>>135980282
>muh weak 9mm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3XNWU8xaxk
>>
>>135981763

And the only place where US army is respected are Hollywood movies.
>>
>>135978729

They have no idea how to use them.
>>
>>135982615
>Put bullet inside
>Aim
>Pull trigger
>Reload
>Repeat
Anyone can learn how to do that
>>
In any fantasy world setting, JSDF would have died within the first week. Including Itami.
>>
>>135978729
When the CIA manages to set up training camps inside the Gate, provides them with assault riffles, ATGMs and explosive vests.
>>
>>135983098
>Remember, American corporations have dibs on all Oil reserves in the empire
>>
>>135981552
>I can't help but wonder which direction it goes in and how far.
It's just say both the Empire and JSDF are handicapped. Without spoiling, there are forces that are actively preventing the Empire from industrialising and yet, it also stops the JSDF from just building a modern industrial complex in GATE soil.
>>
>>135983277
>there are forces that are actively preventing the Empire from industrialising and yet, it also stops the JSDF from just building a modern industrial complex in GATE soil
The gods? Can they survive a H-bomb attack?
>>
>>135982717

You know shit about guns. Just stop.
>>
>>135982907
Depends on how fantastical we're talking. If magic could be used ways beyond the understanding or means of modern technology, sure. If they could steal men's souls from their bodies while they still lived, or travel through time or even just having more destructive power than nukes, that would be something. But the world in Gate is just a slightly shittier Roman Empire with an underutilized magic system that isn't that amazing in the first place. Only the magical wildlife and gods/demigods are a serious threat, and they're either too disorganised or uninterested to be a serious problem.

>>135983391
Going by the description, gods don't have physical form or at least don't have the restrictions of the physical form. A nuke isn't going to kill something that isn't physically there.

>>135983277
What forces? The only ones I could feasibly imagine being that much of a problem would be other modern nations or the gods of the Empire's world. I guess that's fair enough, though.
>>
>>135982907

No. But in many settings they would have serious problems.
>>
>>135983489
Just a normal confuse spell would have dropped their force to half by mid day.
>>
>>135983168
Will the President invite the Empire's leaders to the WH and say they remind him of the country's founding fathers?
>>
>>135983584
In any other fantasy series, a dragon is always an ultra powerful being which is semi-immortal, can use tons of spells beyond men's imagination almost invulnerable before mundane weapons.
>>
>>135983168
This reminds me of a plot in Thor. The CEO of Roxxon Oil allies with Malekith the Accursed in his war against Asgard in exchange for all of Svartalfheim's Oil (which the Dark Elves have no need for anyway).
>>
File: cutiebayashi.png (28KB, 310x368px) Image search: [Google]
cutiebayashi.png
28KB, 310x368px
>tfw won't be able to watch the stream live anymore because of work

fuck

Also kuri
>>
>>135983688
>In any other fantasy series, a dragon is always an ultra powerful being which is semi-immortal, can use tons of spells beyond men's imagination almost invulnerable before mundane weapons.
Except in many such stories, the dragon is usually able to be killed by a group of adventurers lead by a guy with a sword and shield. That's the issue here. It seems in GATE the dragons are powerful, but not so powerful that they couldn't be killed by a lucky hero and his band. This means the dragon would also be able to be killed by organised modern armies.
>>
>>135983595
Anything involving mind-control or manipulation, illusions, etc. would be effective. Though it all depends on how many minds you can effect at once, how severe the effects and what it makes them do, how long it lasts, what are the requirements for casting and targetting your enemy, etc. A requirement as simple as, say, needing to look them in the eye would be a serious handicap.
>>
>>135983746

They still had to use a fuckton of panzerfausts and like 3kg of C-4 to kill it. GATE world heroes had always lost against it.
>>
>>135983818
That was kind of weird, really. One panzerfaust took an arm off, you would have thought just a couple of shots or just one good one to the head would be enough. Struck me as a little inconsistent.
>>
>>135983875

The dark elves were fucking everything up and not arming the warheads before firing, in addition to backblasting the shit out of eachoter. So basically firing rocket-propulsed rocks at it.

Yao did it again in the last chapter.
>>
>>135983785
Status immunity accessories are always sought after in all RPGs.

Itami & co got REALLY REALLY REALLY lucky, that Gate world is a shit tier fantasy world.
>>
>>135983746
>Except in many such stories, the dragon is usually able to be killed by a group of adventurers lead by a guy with a sword and shield
And that guy must be some sort of demi-god (true demi-god, not shitty things like Rory), chosen one loved and blessed by the heaven or an immortal himself. His weapons and gears must be some legendary divine artifacts used by the gods, the sword can obliterate hundred square miles of land by a single swing and the shield can defend him from nukes.
>This means the dragon would also be able to be killed by organised modern armies
Likely, but not without heavy casualty that could cripple an army like Japan's. A fantasy dragon is basically a one being army possesses bunch of WMDs with perfect defense and flexibility.
>>
>>135984077
>A fantasy dragon is basically a one being army possesses bunch of WMDs with perfect defense and flexibility.
It really depends on the universe you are talking about. Obviously there are plenty of dragons who are basically divine beings, but that is not a requirement. GATE dragons are very powerful animals, but still animals. They are intelligent, but they still bleed.
>>
>>135983785
The author really tries his best to protect the JSDF. If undeads and zombies in this series is anything like others, the JSDF would have screamed their mom's name after their first battle.
>>
>>135984265
That's the problem, GATE dragon is just a flying lizard, dragons in fantasies and folktale are always divine beings.
>>
>>135984335
>That's the problem, GATE dragon is just a flying lizard, dragons in fantasies and folktale are always divine beings.
That's bullshit and you know it. There are far more divne Dragons in Asia, while Western Dragons tend to just be powerful animals.
>>
>>135984284

Only Itami has ever met the zombies, though.
>>
>>135984044
Again, depends on status affect. Instant death, confusion, petrification are a serious problem, but something like poison is shit tier. Even then, for every magical debilitation and power there's almost always a counter, and the SDF aren't so incompetent that they wouldn't procure whatever was needed ASAP. This much is shown when Leilei caught the girl zombie virus and Itami went through hell to get the cure straight off the bat.

>>135984284
The zombies in Gate aren't even weak compared to traditional ones, and Itami took out a ton of them almost entirely by himself (with a little help from Yao). Zombies are always overestimated in fiction anyway.

>>135984387
To be fair, there are a few cases of nigh-divine dragons in the west, but even then there are some pretty wide differences. There's a pretty big difference between something like Fafnir and Nidhogg or Jormungandr, for example.
>>
>>135983688

You mean like in Tolkien where one guy killed a dragon with a bow and one arrow?
>>
>>135984469
>nigga did you even read the book?
>>
>>135984466
>Even then, for every magical debilitation and power there's almost always a counter, and the SDF aren't so incompetent that they wouldn't procure whatever was needed ASAP
Well, in fantasies, the cures are hard like hell to get and the amount is usually so few that only a handful number can be cured. It will be a serious problem if hundreds of them get infected by the zombies.
>>
>>135984466
You never had a party wiped out from status effects before, I'd reckon.

That, or you approved of how shitty the Gate world is. It's like the author gone to lengths to cater the world to ease JSDF in.
>>
>>135978155
>>135980282
>>135982503
Also see:
https://youtu.be/fiAQT96j2ZY
https://youtu.be/AXOIQgfvVlE
https://youtu.be/ih3nw4qVa1I

9mm hollow point wall penetration is roughly comparable to 5.56mm. 9mm FMJ penetrates at least 1" of concrete, comparable to 5.56mm XM192 ball (XM855 LAP is better).

Also, many modern 9mm defensive loads pass FBI testing which requires the bullet pass through each of the following barriers, followed by an air gap, clothing, and still get at least 12 inches of tissue penetration: two layers of 20ga galvanized hot rolled steel, a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood, and a plate of 1/4" laminated automobile safety glass at a 45º angle from 10 feet and 20 yards. Those are all hollow point loads, so again ball ammo would perform better with regard to penetration.

There is no question. Modern 9mm ammo would be completely effective against medieval shields and armor of any type.

The whole "9mm is ineffective" thing is about stopping power, not lethality, and is highly disputed. 9mm wounds are highly lethal, but they may not knock people down as quickly as a rifle round. But if your enemy is armed with sticks and swords, stopping power isn't that big of a deal anyway.
>>
>>135984659
Cures, preventatives, counter-spells, etc. It took the SDF no time at all to get people on their side including a range of different magic users. Something like the plant used to cure Lellei could be procured, studied and grown en mass for all extents and purposes.

>>135984721
>You never had a party wiped out from status effects before, I'd reckon.
M8, don't even start. Beelzebub in SMT II is an asshole, but still totally beatable. And you know as well as I do that those games are balanced so that preventatives and cures are always available if you know where to look for them.
>>
>>135984788
>https://youtu.be/fiAQT96j2ZY [Embed]
That wasn't the one I meant to post, but it'll do too. Here's what I meant to post: https://youtu.be/X0qgQoej5zE
>>
>>135984842
That's game mechanics for you. It's always easier for the player to get to cures than for the world inhabitants to procure them.

JSDF in this setting are a bunch of PTW players in an MMO.
>>
>>135984842
>Something like the plant used to cure Lellei could be procured, studied and grown en mass for all extents and purposes
Except in fantasies, those plants usually can only live in a very specific place with strict conditions, you can't grow them en mass. There's a reason why a full party has to go through all shits to get them. Beside, if there're too much people being infected at one, you won't have enough time to replicate them.
>>
>>135985029
You say that as if modern technology doesn't have the ability to replicate specific environments for plants, animals, etc. The SDF have a huge amount of open land that could be developed for different purposes and they have a passage to central Tokyo right next to them, they could set up think tanks of researchers and whatever else they need. Plus, quarentine is made all the more managable if they need to fall back through the Gate, since it's the only point of entry to their world.
>>
>>135985251
>they could set up think tanks of researchers and whatever else they need
Which could also be supplimented by knowledgable people from the fantasy world, etc.
>>
>>135983706
Seriously? When was this?>
>>
>>135985251
Those things takes TIME. Time that JSDF doesn't have, if they got dropped in a proper RPG setting.
>>
>>135985364
I think it's either the current run or one from a few months ago.
>>
>>135985364
It's from the Jane Foster as Thor run
>>
>>135985251
>You say that as if modern technology doesn't have the ability to replicate specific environments for plants, animals, etc
Which part of "Usual fantasy world's magic is incomprehensible by science" you don't understand? If a plant can only grows in a god damn shrine because a god took a shit there once and thus it became sacred, how are the JSDF gonna replicate that condition?
>>
>>135985501
Don't you know? NIPPON tech in dah best in the whole universe! They can do every thing. Next time, Itami will show up in a GUNDAM.
>>
>>135985573
>Itami will show up in a GUNDAM

So basically, Utawarerumono?
>>
>>135985573
Actually, if the JSDF pilot Gundams to fight dragons, it would be easier to swallow.
>>
>>135985501
>"Usual fantasy world's magic is incomprehensible by science"
I already conceded that they'd be fucked if that were the case. For the same reason they'd be fucked in a universe where gods smash universes over each other's heads in celestial bar fights, it's unfair, unbalanced, and uninteresting. No fucking shit.
If, however, it's comprehensible by the world's inhabitants, then it can be replicated. Even if you have to find a god and kindly ask him to shit on a celestial mountain, that can be replicated. But if it's just 'magical beyond your understanding and impossible for mortals to accomplish', then yeah, that's fucked. There's no story to be had there, you're either born with plot-convenient Hero power or you're doomed to be fucked for eternity.
>>
>>135979747
They wouldn't even understand how to use it. Most likely if they even found a modern rifle, they would treat it like some magical artifact, having mages studying it to try and decipher it's magic. Then they bring it into battle, with some old man holding it like a staff, and trying to cast "Backdraft" with it, only for him to get shit in the arm by one of the JSDF
>>
>>135986674

The prime example being Yao with the Type-64 in the last chapter, although her being a baka is also a factor.
>>
File: img000006.jpg (852KB, 1467x2150px) Image search: [Google]
img000006.jpg
852KB, 1467x2150px
>>135986674

>Backdraft

It's "Bakblast clir", you heathen.
>>
>>135978741
the shields in the picture are wooden. you can see the boards on them. I feel like a handgun of that size still wouldn't do much. it likely would penetrate the shield but be refracted off/lose too much momentum to continue doing much damage afterwards.

Doesn't matter though, the noise and impact are enough to keep the line distracted while Murders Mclolibot comes up behind them with the ax.

If I recall thats why oda used rifles to begin with. They make a hell of a fright going off in your face, even if they don't hit anything
>>
>>135986726
>Can't figure out the safety
>Releases the magazine instead
>Drops the fucking thing on the minotaur's head
God damnit, Yao.
>>
>>135978729
>Primitive screwheads somehow find a stash of handguns and rifles
>After months of intense magical study, they believe they understand how to use them
>They march into battle against the JSDF, confident they finally have the advantage, being able to use the Japanese's own weapons against them
>Wisened old mages march in, wielding rifles like magic staves, with bullets hanging from it like runes
>The empire's greatest warriors march along with hand guns in both hands, aiming them straight out, sneering with confidence
>They pull the triggers, expecting a mighty killing magic or something to come out, but without any ammo in the magazine, they just get useless clicks
>The mages swing the rifles around, chanting Japanese that they heard the soldiers shouting, thinking them spells, but get nothing
>The JSDF take down and restrain them all and take the weapons back. Turns out the guns were broken anyway
>>
>>135986803
See: >>135980193. She actually had to take three shots just to kill one of them, which seems pretty risky considering.
>>
>>135986803
>I feel like a handgun of that size still wouldn't do much. it likely would penetrate the shield but be refracted off/lose too much momentum to continue doing much damage afterwards

Watch these videos.

>>135984788
>>
>>135986875
Yes, primitives.

Not elder races, or cthulhu cultist. Just primitives.

This is the tale of how Francisco Pizarro, aka. Spanish Itami rekt the Incas.
>>
>>135986780
this made me laugh pretty good
>>
expecting me to actually read the thread before posting in it, absurd.

anyways
>>135986895
is she shooting a particular board in the shield with each shot? This isn't like some rpg where breaking one board renders the whole shield useless because the durability stat hit zero

>>135986897
i'm unfamiliar with wallboard, but it looks kinda foamy? I dunno. In the write-up afterwards it talks about penetrating 3/4 inch of wood cloth and 12 inches of flesh. That's not really the 2 inches of wood i think most shields have standard plus. . .what are these? roman rip offs? So they have lorica segmenta? A friend of mine had a set of lorica, that shits hard to get through and curved, a feel it would deflect a bullet away especially if it's already coming through a shield.

unless of course it caught them in the legs, arms, or face.
>>
>>135987646
>roman rip offs? So they have lorica segmenta?
They were bandits made up of the remains of armies sent out from the Empire's subjugated principalities, they probably didn't have proper armour. The actual centurion-looking motherfuckers in the Imperial Palace get gunned down by assault rifles at ranges between point-blank and a few meters at most.
>>
File: img000011.jpg (1MB, 1429x2150px) Image search: [Google]
img000011.jpg
1MB, 1429x2150px
>>135987878

Actually the vassals looked less Roman and more medieval European/ Oriental, with heavy plate armor, Elephants and shit.
>>
>>135981763
Good. It's Better than glorifying the Drug dealers like our BR dramas.
TROPA DE ELITE RULEZ!!

Also it would be way worse if they glorify the japanese leftists.
PLOT:
- Japanese comunist/leftists summons the gate in order to destroy the japanese right wing.
- After successfully executing the Prime minister and imperial family,
they send the right wings to serve north Korea and China.
After that they dismantle the Japan and builds an "Soviet Archipelago Union".
- They discovers a magic what inutilizes the nuke and go to war against EUA.
- They destroys EUA and turns it in a Soviet nation. The end.

Yes, this sucks.

>>135983717
Cute Goombah (Kuriboo) is cute.

>>135986780
>First read the English version
>Rod of steel? Why are using penis image over it?
>Sees the raw japanese version.
>"Penis of Steel". Now the image makes sense.
Ok, looks like the translator was too "innocent".
>>
>>135978569
That armor stopped low-velocity lead rounds.

Smokeless powder and jacketed ammunition will zip through it.

Standard articulated plate is 2 to 3mm of hardened steel. Against modern weapons that might as well be tin foil.
>>
>>135988020
The guys in heavy armour are pretty different from the ones in the OP, they look much better equipped and are probably wealthier and/or of a better class. They might not even be from the same kingdom, the alliance was made up of several different nations from around the Empire's environs.
>>
I see more shitposting in Gate threads than any other show.
>>
File: 1451414301465.png (108KB, 661x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451414301465.png
108KB, 661x720px
>>135988210

You should have been here last summer.
>>
>>135983875
the LN on skys site went into more detail. One backblasted two others. One forgot to turn off the safety. Another didn't pull out the probe so it just exploded without punching through the scales. One suicide shot it at point blank and another knocked the survivors flat.
>>
>>135988254

>Persia scratched Itami

oh the memories
>>
>>135988400
the horrible memories
>>
>>135988204

To be honest, the GATE warriors in the anime are nothing like the ones in the manga. They're not even Romans.
>>
>>135988462
They're just dudes
>>
C53 scan when?
>>
>>135988510

One chapter a month, so early February.

>>135988422

I couldn't sleep that night, following that thread from afar was a fucking blast.

I still don't know if he was a master shitposter or the most autistic dude I ever saw online.

I'm responsible for "Kuribayashi is 35", though.
>>
>>135988627
>I'm responsible for "Kuribayashi is 35", though.
I wasn't even around for that, what was that about? Was her age ever even stated?
>>
File: k001.jpg (207KB, 728x1037px) Image search: [Google]
k001.jpg
207KB, 728x1037px
>>135988733

I was reading the manga for the first time, hammered as fuck, and raged about her anime design saying she was "supposed to be a tough 35yo soldier, not an idol" because of this page. Except that's the chapter number.When I woke up hungover the following day the damage was done.
>>
File: shino.jpg (220KB, 1647x619px) Image search: [Google]
shino.jpg
220KB, 1647x619px
>>135988880
That's pretty goofy. Even though it's in moonrunes, anyone with a bit of sense should have realised that was a chapter number.
I do think it's a bit odd at how much her character design changes between the different mediums. The anime one in particular is a bit of a jump, she does look about 10 years younger than the other ones. I like her all of her designs though, so I'm not all that bothered.
>>
File: 03.jpg (436KB, 800x1137px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
436KB, 800x1137px
>>135989160
>anyone with a bit of sense

To my defense I was REALLY drunk. Kuri is supposed to be in her 20's, the same as Kurata.
>>
>>135989513
Oh. I was assuming you knew it was a manga chapter and were deliberately winding people up whilst drunk. I meant that anyone responding to you should really be able to figure it out. Sorry.
>Kuri is supposed to be in her 20's, the same as Kurata.
I assumed she was vaguely in her 20s. I know she's supposed to be small, but the anime version really does look like she's in her teens.
Is her age vaguley addressed? I thought only Itami's age was actually mentioned.
>>
>>135989513
>>135989680
Also, something else I noticed:
>JSDF enlistment age: 18
>Age for purchasing alcohol: 20
I swear most countries do this. Why can people of a certain age group join the armed forces but can't drink alcohol? It's always baffled me.
>>
>>135989832
>I swear most countries do this
I doubt that
>>
>>135989680
>Is her age vaguley addressed?

Some novelfag once talked about a chapter where she's told she'll be part of the vanguard into the Gate, and a test subject to the acceptation of females in the Special Forces. She then fantasizes about the gritty but kind warriors she's gonna be fighting alongside with, only to find Itami and Kurata arguing about waifus and singing anime songs, or something close. Her age was supposed to be told then but I don't remember it.That also explains her reaction at Itami's Ranger and SF statuses, and her will to marry a SF soldier.

>>135989832

At least here in France it's 18 for everything, I was a nice experienced drunk by 23.
>>
>>135989915
>>135989926
Well assuming wikipedia is correct, it's 18 for the US and 16 (with parental consent) here in the UK, both of which are under drinking age. Maybe saying most was an exaggeration, but still.
>>
>>135990108
They also both don't use the metric system, what does that tell us about most nations of the world? Nothing.
>>
>>135989832
Well, there's this idea that people go from kid to adult in a flash, but the law doesn't really agree, not to mention the whole maturity thing which varies a great deal.
Just a few things that come with adulthood but don't necessarily come at the same time:
>age of consent
>marriage
>alcohol
>driving
>voting
>renting an apartment or a car
>signing binding contracts
>eligibility to run for public office
>eligibility for the draft/enlistment
>reasonable rates on some types of insurance
>>
>>135978155
.22? No.
9mm? Maybe.
Everything else? Yes.
>>
>>135990195
UK does use metric for quite a lot of things. Dunno why we still use so much imperial though.

>>135990298
>.22
Does any armed force use this for anything, though? Hell, do police even use it?
>>
>>135990367
>Does any armed force use this for anything, though? Hell, do police even use it?

No. But it's still a munition.

The smallest used by law enforcement and military here is 9mm.
>>
>>135978599

Guns did replace armor because they did wreck them. Even longbows had decent penetrating power against plate armor. Nonetheless, armor was used for a very long time because it did afford some protection, and even then only the nobility wore armor anyway. The vast majority of any medieval army was just made of conscripted peasants or mercenaries.

It was far easier and cheaper to train a peasant to wield a musket than it was to outfit and train one to use platemail and associated weapons and also more effective.
>>
>>135991503
Guns were in use for centuries before armor was actually obsolete (And shortly after that armor came back as tanks again)
>>
>>135992275
>Guns were in use for centuries before armor was actually obsolete

Armor was made obsolete by guns. I think you mean armor was used for centuries AFTER it was obsolete. Just as bows were, and cavalry. Hell, cavalry was used in World War 1.
>>
File: boom.jpg (152KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
boom.jpg
152KB, 640x500px
>>135991503

>want to show a French Cuirassier armor after a charge in 1914
>can't find it on google

Anyway, armored cavalry stopped existing after 1914. I had an elder in the Dragoons back then, they ate shit super hard against Mr Maxim's creations.
>>
>>135990298
Depends on the type of bullet and the armor we are talking about.

Actually just the "munition plate" style Segmenta armor those guys have? A .22 pistol would punch holes in that quite readily, if it was not hollow point.

The shield and maybe some arm flesh AND the armor? No.

Higher quality plate armor would be somewhat resilient to smaller caliber pistol calibers, if not entirely so.

Even quite good plate armor would not necessarily stop 9mm bullets, particularly in FMJ. It would take a lot of the brunt out of it but it wouldn't necessarily stop it.

But the armor those guys have? Not the highest quality armor, not as good as medieval plate in general.
>>
>>135992379
>>135992275

You're really just debating semantics here. The point is that firearms have obviously made plate armor useless in the long run, but because real life does not work like a game of Civilization guns and plate armor were both concurrently relevant on battlefields for quite some time, that exact length of time depending on how liberal your definition of "guns", "plate armor", and "relevant"
>>
>>135992379
While guns were able to penetrate armor, they also had terrible reload times at first so warfare didn't change that much over night. Cavalry was far from obsolete and still important in the 19th century.
>>
>>135992660

I'm not saying that cavalry was obsoleted by muskets, I'm saying that by World War 1 they were, as evidenced by the fact they got utterly fucking wrecked and never used again. The point I was attempting to make is that even though military tech improved, older tech stayed around for very, very long time.
>>
>>135992860
Well, WW1 was after the 19th century.
>>
Novel Volume 3 summaries are done.
Should I start dumping them here?
>>
>>135992942

>missing the point
>>
>>135992951
>Novel Volume 3
aren't the translated LNs past that?
>>
>>135993049
No, Novel volume three.
For Light novels that would be volume 5-6

Volume three is right past the Flame Dragon's defeat.
>>
>>135993124
Hmm. So did you translate it?
>>
>>135993158
Translate a 500+ page book? No.
Just a detailed summary, and still pretty long
>>
Meh, on the other hand this is going to be too long with 2000 character limit per post.
I don't want to hijack a thread, I'll make a new thread and dump it there.
>>
Is it wrong to imagine a sequel series where the Gate world becomes a Zardoz/Mad Max/Borderlands/Warhammer-type world?

DA DAKKA IZ GUUUUD!
>>
>>135993744
>No SoL anime of cute orks doing DAKKA things
Why even live?
>>
File: this_guy.png (620KB, 684x520px) Image search: [Google]
this_guy.png
620KB, 684x520px
>>135993744
>this guy again
>>
>>135993809
one day, anon. one day.
>>
>>135990367
.22 is often used to teach people who are new to firearms how to shoot. The first gun I ever shot was a .22
>>
File: thefook.jpg (16KB, 275x279px) Image search: [Google]
thefook.jpg
16KB, 275x279px
>>135983610
>>
Ok, posted all the summary at >>135993560

The manga started covering the start of this volume, then went to cover Gaiden+ story. The manga will return to volume three content next chapter, so be warned, this summary will be a spoiler for immediate future content.
>>
>no WOAAAHHH A WOOOAAAAAHHHH in new opening

Fucking dropped
>>
>>135978155

>I was wondering: would a hangun bullet be able to penetrate steel shields and armour?

Late 19th century armour was often tested by firing a musket at it to see if the armour could withstand the blast and Breastplates that did not withstand it were melted down and reshaped. I dont know much about ballistics but im guessing a shaped bullet will do more damage than an uneven Musket ball. i suppose at the very least a 9mm would knock somebody off their feet and possibly force the armour to stab into the wearers skin
>>
>>135989832
I heard one of the reasons is because your liver does not fully mature until you are about 20. It is the same with lungs.
>>
The bullet vs armor actually comes up in volume 3 >>135994757

The senate believes they need at least 3 layers of plate to stop the rifles.
Their assessment may or may not be true, but the fully armored ogre did withstand Itami's pistol easily.
>>
>>135995544
>9mm would knock somebody off their feet

Sadly, no. 9mm doesn't have the stopping power of higher caliber ammo. Stopping power being the ability to incapacitate someone, or "stop" them.

9mm will still kill people dead, mind you.
>>
>>135989832
Because most people under 25 aren't mature or responsible enough to drink alcohol without wrecking shit, but soldiers in the military are under direct supervision at all times.
>>
>>135995544
>i suppose at the very least a 9mm would knock somebody off their feet and possibly force the armour to stab into the wearers skin
>>135995802
Clarification. 9mm penetrates quite well, especially in hard barriers (comparable to 5.56mm, see above). But the low kinetic energy produces less hydrostatic shock, which means it may not incapacitate people as quickly. The 9mm round will readily penetrate the armor and kill the person inside, but it might take a few seconds to a few minutes for them to die from blood loss.

Momentum is what would allow a bullet to physically knock someone over. 5.56mm NATO only has 30% more momentum than 9mm, so the felt impact would be pretty similar. But 5.56mm has about 300% more kinetic energy due to much higher velocity, so it will produce much more hydrostatic shock (assuming all that energy is actually dissipated in the person).
>>
>>135992860
>I'm not saying that cavalry was obsoleted by muskets, I'm saying that by World War 1 they were, as evidenced by the fact they got utterly fucking wrecked and never used again

Well, no. Even modern armies right into the 1920s, heavy with infantry and artillery, required a mobile arm for screening, scouting, deep raiding, and exploitation. Until the advent of mechanization, the only alternative for fulfilling this requirement was traditional mounted formations.
>>
File: comparison_zorzal.jpg (186KB, 1647x619px) Image search: [Google]
comparison_zorzal.jpg
186KB, 1647x619px
Zorzal comparisons
>>
File: 1331814536229.jpg (56KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
1331814536229.jpg
56KB, 400x359px
Where can I read some spoilers from the LN? I wanna know how long til the Prince dies.
>>
>>135998883
Not far but not even close
>>
File: 1381066829912.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1381066829912.png
362KB, 700x700px
>>135998926
>>
>>135998883
There's a thread >>135995782

He doesn't die till volume 5, so long way away.
Before getting there he will rape and kill several named characters, so get ready to hate him even more.
>>
>>135999007
>Before getting there he will rape and kill several named characters, so get ready to hate him even more.
Well now I need to see this.
The thread you mentioned is on the archive or is on going?
>>
>>135999007
>Before getting there he will rape and kill several named characters
Any of Recon 3 or Itami's harem? Break it to me gentle, chief.
Shino kills him, right? Come on now. Her or Tyuule.
>>
>>135999067
Supporting this anon.
I don't care enough to be bothered by spoilers but enough to be bothered by raping spoilers.
>>
>>135999007
Speaking of which, how similar are the LNs to the original novel? Are they basically the same? Which are the manga and anime actually following, if not? I'd assume the LN since it's the 'official' version, but I'm still curious.
>>
>>135978155
Why can't the USA finally annex japan and conquer an entire other world. That would be interesting and would make use of the unstoppable force that the US military is.
>>
>>135999067
Nha, he doesn't rape or kill any of Itami friends
The bunny kills him
His men rape almost to death the cute harpy prostitute from the last episode, they kill her fiance first.
>>
>>135998574
Manga zorzal was the best. The LN looks like a bottom and the Anime is really generic.
>>
>>135999333
Japan is already occupied by America, it's occupied it since the end of WWII. What do you think the base in Okinawa is for? Why do you think Japan has a self-defense force and not an actual army? It's just easier to keep Japan as a pet ally than to overtly take the country and alienate its other allies by being an overt asshole.
>>
>>135999064
Ongoing thread.

>>135999067
Well, no, but close. Shandy, the one introduced just recently in the manga who is dreamy of Itami "the Green Man"'s heroics, joins the gang on their trip to the academy. The details are in the ongoing volume three summary thread mentioned above.
Anyways... later on she tries to fend off Zorzal's army of assassins and protect Pina, but is killed in action.
Also Tuwar the teenage harpy prostitute you saw in the anime just last episode who predicted the earthquake, she retires from life of prostitution and leaves the capital with her boyfriend to get married and raise a farm.
She is later found brutally raped to near death by Zorzal's men, with her boyfriend stabbed to death next to her.
Zorzal also orders his men to gang rape Tyuule, and later kills her as she kills him.
>>
>>135999442
How far is Okinawa from the gate? Goddamnit I want to see A-10s killing dragons. And US marines instead of Jap Manlets. But yes the US already has Japan as a vassal. But clearly not enough as they had to send spec ops to get what they wanted.
>>
What does /k/ generally think of Gate?
>>
File: 1326336944429.png (46KB, 321x460px) Image search: [Google]
1326336944429.png
46KB, 321x460px
>>135999446
>Tuwar
I am afraid of starting the LN now, I bet everything will be more painful now.
>>
>>135999912
It's their go to Anime so far other than Uppote(Jesus Christ what trash). They used to have threads every 2 days or something but they got removed and making them gets you banned. Even gun control gets you banned.
>>
>>135999610
>How far is Okinawa from the gate?

Really far. Like 1200~1300 miles far.
There are closer US bases though.
>>
>>135986780
>>135988144
Gosh, Japs really are obsessed with phallic imagery. And I thought the people in my region were too obsessed with calling everything cylindrical phallic.
>>
>>135988880
Gosh, they really went overboard with her tits in the manga. No one with a set of those would start a profession that involves a lot of running around.
>>
>>135988144
>Ok, looks like the translator was too "innocent".

"rod" is a slang for penis too, dude.
>>
>>135999912
>murica strong
>bring it on weebs
>Join the JSDF, we have moe girls!
>5.56 can't penetrate minotaur, lol, when will you switch to 5.45, class enemy
about like that
>>
>>136000052
That was my point. That cluster of islands should be a US territory with no representation. And the US should go in the gate. The second manifest destiny.
>>
>>136000210
Not when it is used in a context that has nothing to do with a penis.
>>
>>135982529
Strange when any other military would be crushed in a week by the US.
>>
>>135978155
depends on the armor
type of steel, treatment, thickness, any other layers of armor etc
>>
>>135978729
With what munitions and practice ammo? Have you ever seen a beginner try to shoot rifles?
>>
>>136000447
>The manga draws a picture of a penis shape around the weapon
>the woman says this with naughty face
>calls it rod of steel

>no context

Has anyone ever told you how dense you are?
>>
>>136000744
I didn't see the penis shape before.
>>
Does Yao ever become >relevant? She feels kinda like dead weight and it's a little bit irritating to me when characters are superfluous.
>>
>>136000828
Her tagging along seems quite contrived. She would have been told outright that she isn't a slave and can't be considered a slave and is only tagging along because she apparently feels like it.
>>
>>136000828
She's the less important part of the harem, and actually the other girls make mata jokes about it.

Throughout the gaiden novels Yao keeps complaining about her having less exposure than the girls, not getting her own book, etc.
Then she got a whole HALF a book with Gaiden+, which was funny since it kinda felt like they were just throwing her a bone.
>>
How many JSDF soldiers have we seen actually die so far? I can't think of any off the top of my head.
>>
>>136001375
A few hundred died in Ginza incident.
I don't think there was any casualty in the Special Region until later.
First were when JSDF came to the aid of the Rose Knights at the Jade Palace
Then we had multiple helicopters getting shot down, and ground troops getting killed by heavy hitter monsters during Zorzal's last stand.

There were also JSDF members injured or killed when shapeshifters attacked. (Kuri went toe to toe with one with a knife, a feat that impressed even Rory)

Then we had fuckton die when the Aliens swarmed out of the portal at the end of season one.
>>
>>135998574
Literally, the only time manga won on character designs.
>>
>latest translated novel chapter
>The group emerged from the collapsing cavern with their lives. As they made contact with the outside air, Itami’s group collapsed like puppets whose strings had been cut.
>goddammit nigel/sky
>>
>>136001560
They really dropped the Roman aesthetic.
>>
>>136001531
>aliens
Honestly, I was kind of expecting this. As soon as peace was finally established, I was imagining something like a super advanced sci-fi galactic empire finding their way through another gate and threatening to conquer the planet in both universes.
>>
>>136001900
No, not super advanced civilization
Aliens like the ones in HR Giger aliens. Complete with facehuggers and pods.
>>
>>136001707
This book was written way before Overlord. Calm your tits.
>>
>>136000028
>Upotte
>not GUP
Are you really from /k/?
>>
>>136001900
Why in the hell would you expect that?
>>
>>136000028
>but they got removed and making them gets you banned.
There's literally one up now you inbred.
>>
>>136002020
Damn. I was hoping for cute alien or robot girls who come and dominate everyone.
Never mind.
>>
>>135999403
I don't know, the anime looks like a good cross of the LN and manga to me
>>
>>136002310
Why wouldn't you expect that? We've already established that there's a dimensional portal between a medieval fantasy world and the modern real world, why wouldn't there be one to a sci-fi future Earth, or even another planet?
>>
>>136002310

>gate opens up
>they are beat back by superior technology

>another gate opens up
>we get beat by superior technology

It seems like it would be setting the stage.
>>
>>136002435
Because the manga was about a modern military exploring and fighting within a fantasy setting. Typically stories just don't change genre on the fly like that.
>>
>>136002497
You mean it's a manga about culture clash between the modern world and a world like something out of fiction. Throwing in a different fictional world into the mix isn't changing the genre at all.
Besides, as already mentioned, aliens do actually appear.
>>
>>136002661
There wouldn't be any politics anymore. No one in our world can deal with aliens with tech like that on their own, and I doubt Japan wants every country's army marching in Tokyo.

Unless it was just a sojourn into another world and the aliens asked help from Lelei to teach them to manage the Gate.
>>
>>136002747
>I doubt Japan wants every country's army marching in Tokyo

When its between annihilation and having allied armies in your country, there is only one real choice.
>>
>>136002661
I feel like you aren't picking up on the cool aspects of Gate. It's like propaganda as much for modernity as it is for the JSDF. That's why it goes out of it's way all the time to show the people from the fantasy world being amazed by stuff from the "real world".
>>
>>136002803
I agree, but this is just on the assumption of all out war. When one highly intelligent species gains contact with another, I assume the first thing they'll do is peace talks and trade. For the record, I do hope aliens like the Starcraft Protoss come into play. I'd like to see things like telepathy and EMR manipulation come into play.

>>136002859
Not so much propaganda for the JSDF as much as it is modern era wanking. JSDF wanking would be if people in the manga directly said that they were the best soldiers to handle the Gate situation.
>>
>>136002747
Except if they are rational aliens/robots with a sophisticated sense of justice and reason, it's entirely possible that politics is the ONLY viable option, since brute warfare wouldn't cut it.

>>136002859
I am aware of these things, anyone can appreciate elves gawping at modern technology or knights getting shot to shit with modern firearms. Throwing in an even more advanced society for the modern people to gawk at in wonder is just another step along.
>>
>>136003195
It's also propaganda for the JSDF. They are practically begging their audience to join.
>>
>>136003195
>I assume the first thing they'll do is peace talks and trade.

I think the colonial period would disagree with you. Intelligence aside, when a more advanced group encounters a less advanced one they tend to BTFO the lesser group and exploit their resources.
>>
>>136003308
>I am aware of these things, anyone can appreciate elves gawping at modern technology or knights getting shot to shit with modern firearms. Throwing in an even more advanced society for the modern people to gawk at in wonder is just another step along.
I fail to see how aliens would be propaganda for modernity. Modernity is everything that represents the present.
>>
>>136003308
>sense of justice and reason
Yes, that's how I see it. My previous post was just on the assumption of all out war.

>>136003377
Nope.
http://skythewood.blogspot.sg/2015/12/GJ113.html

>>136003386
Nah, I believe more advanced alien civilizations than ours would have developed telepathy or the ability to have a single consciousness I feel like. Like say, if humans advanced so far metaphysically that everyone's a born mind reader. It's what I meant by the Protoss.
>>
>>136003386
So aliens will play the countries of the world off one another and tank the world economy by flooding it with cheap gold and platinum?
>>
>>136003522

That would be awesome.
>>
>>136003516
Uniformed singular hive-like consciousness is the characteristics of Zerg. Protoss is basically just a spiritual version of the Vulcans.
>>
>>136003516
>not trying to get people to enlist
>gives them pointers on how to enlist
>>
>>136003432
Triumphing over aliens is just as good as triumphing over fantasy Romans. If anything it's more stirring because it's an actual superior foe rather than bullying a civilization somewhere betweeen 500 and 2000 years behind you.
>>
>>136003516
>I believe more advanced alien civilizations than ours would have developed telepathy or the ability to have a single consciousness I feel like

Why?

Human beings have rapidly improved their tech for centuries and show no sign of being anything but humans with better tech. Why should an alien race be anything but that as well?
>>
>>136003580
That sounds the opposite of awesome.
>>
File: monstergirls edit.jpg (458KB, 1935x800px) Image search: [Google]
monstergirls edit.jpg
458KB, 1935x800px
I want to take the dragongirl out to a fancy dinner.
>>
>>136003616
Actually that sounds like a typical cookie cutter BS science fiction story. Gate as it is seems like a monument to the progress we have made. Aliens would have fuck all to do with that.
>>
>>136003592
I wasn't saying anything like hive-like consciousness. Like a connection of some sort, I don't know how to explain the Khala. I'm envisioning like no crimes happen because the moment someone does, everyone knows about it right away so if you want to commit crime, you have to cut your psychic link.
>Vulcans
Protoss have emotions though.

>>136003593
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16884.The_Making_of_the_Atomic_Bomb
I'm guessing this book is telling people to make their own bombs then. Come on son.
>>
>>136003648
We know jackshit about the human body. Tech may advance but why is it there's people out there who can read minds? Control fire? Take a spear to the stomach for breakfast and call their technique as chi?

An race with better tech and better understanding of their own metabiology would be the logical next evolutionary step for humans I feel like.
>>
>>136003774
Wat? He says right in the first few paragraphs how to enlist. It's exactly what he should have said if he wanted people to enlist.

>This isn't propaganda. This isn't propaganda. This isn't propaganda. But now that you are here, this is how you join the most glorious and honorable JSDF. This is not propaganda.
>>
>>136003727
Dragons and magic have fuck all to do with the progress we've made, but they're still there nonetheless. And again, as has been mentioned, aliens are actually in the story, so it's a moot point.
>>
>>136003865
>We know jackshit about the human body

You might, but others actually know quite a bit.

There are no secret areas of the brain that might have the ability to control fire or whatever bullshit. That's just shameless wish fulfillment fantasy. Every part of the brain has a known function.
>>
>>136003893
The author's not going to be a prick to people who still want to join the JSDF even after reading his work. He's just saying not to treat his book as their primary motivation to join if they ever decide to. The tips are there for those who want to join. It's like if Rowling told the kids to treat Harry Potter as a work of fiction, and not reality, but includes tongue in cheek tips of how to apply for Hogwarts.

Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>136003998
I thought it was Lovecraft "aliens", not a technologically superior species.
>>
>>136004188
Why does it matter? Neither have anything to do with the progression of human civilization.
>>
>>136004010
>That's just shameless wish fulfillment fantasy.
I'm just going to leave this here as proof that if you don't get out of your couch every now and then, you'll miss out. I trust you can do your own research after this.

>mind reading
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeQ6qcZVs5E

>pyrokinetic girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz4Qb1OhkEQ

>shaolin monks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRxhlJGYe1o

We haven't explored this side of humanity. Don't dismiss it because science don't have the answers yet.
>>
File: korean problem-flowchart.jpg (30KB, 455x369px) Image search: [Google]
korean problem-flowchart.jpg
30KB, 455x369px
>>135978155
What I find most amusing about Gate is how the Japanese pass off all the technology the Gate people encounter as their own.

Whats even funnier is they get mad at Koreans for saying everything originates from Korea
>>
>>136004050
I'm being an idiot? I'll eat my shoe if a bunch of young Japanese men straight out of primary don't unofficially cite Gate as a factor in them thinking joining the JSDF was a cool option.

All publicity is supposed to be good publicity and Gate is far and away painting the JSDF in a positive light.
>>
>>136004295

>proof

Holy tittyfucking Christ you cannot be serious right now.
>>
>>136004300
>the Japanese pass off all the technology the Gate people encounter as their own.
Did that ever actually happen? Whenever they say 'we' referring to their technology it seemed to me they meant the people of modern Earth, not the superior Nippon banzai regime.
>>
>>136004270
It matters because you've just been talking about an advanced alien species showing being the predictable outcome of Gate and then citing that as happening when in fact it's just a bunch of monsters someone compared to aliens. They have nothing to do with all the reasons you why you expected aliens.
>>
>>136004350
Holy shit you're so far up your ass. Eat your shoe right now, idiot.

I guess every rape hentai doujin out there encourages rape. every mexican drama encourages adultery.

No one is saying that there won't be any men who use the book as motivation to join, there might be one or two crazies to do so, but that does not mean that Gate is outright JSDF propaganda because of that. The JSDF don't even pay the guy.

You should know how government propaganda works, they're usually in wide reach of people and have very good production value. Electoral commercials are a good testament to that.
>>
>>136004429
I got out of my couch and saw the world as well as things I couldn't believe were real that were real. You should try that out sometime.

I don't believe in everything right away, but I don't dismiss everything right away either.
>>
>>136004525
Calm down, anon. This is a friendly board full of friendly people desu senpai.
>>
>>136004586
This isn't a hugbox. This is wear we come to be mean to others to vent our frustrations about reality.
>>
>>136004469
I expected aliens as a fancy, not with any particular rational. I explained my case as to why I don't think it's particularly out of place in >>136002435 and
>>136002661, and I get that you don't agree, but that's just how I interpret the material. I get it, you don't think it's appropriate for various reasons. I'll agree to disagree, because it's nothing more than a flight of fancy. I just thought it was neat that aliens really did get involved, even if it wasn't the way I'd hoped. Let's leave it at that.
>>
>>136004582

No, you're just a gullible retard. None of that shit has any actual scientific basis. If it did, there would be actual experimental evidence. There is no such thing, because this shit is made up.

Don't get me wrong, I have an extremely vivid imagination and often spend hours every day imagining shit like this, but I at least can tell the difference between reality and fantasy.
>>
>>136004582
You should study physics, chemistry, and biology.
>>
>>136004586
Not mad, just irritated that there's evidence right there staring them in the face, that the series people have been accusing of being propaganda for the longest time, isn't actually propaganda. You wouldn't believe how many people believe that Gate is just because they heard it from people instead of investigating it for themselves.
>>
File: 1442373025128.png (164KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1442373025128.png
164KB, 1024x768px
>>136004719
>I expected aliens as a fancy, not with any particular rational
Well I wish you had said that from the beginning when I asked the question. I could have been posting about the Ottoman Empire on /his/ all this time.
>>
>>136004739
And you think that if it were propaganda that it would be bad? You think that anyone who calls it propaganda is saying that it is bad?
>>
>>136004735
>>136004737
This is the bad thing about science. People close their eyes to possibilities far beyond their understanding just because science can't explain it yet.

Listen, there will come a time that science will explain this, but until our tech gets better or our understanding of the human body gets better, we won't be able to explain this shit one bit.

If this shit was made up, then explain all the reincarnation stories out there. Or the 3rd world video about the pyrokinetic 3 year old. I don't think 3rd world news stations would be able to pull off complicated CG like that, people would know right away and dismiss it so.
>>
>>136004863
No, but there's negative connotation in doing so. How you explain all the uproar before season 1 went up? Shitposters everywhere, bloggers refusing to cover it because they heard things about it, etc.
>>
>>136004870

No scientist would shut his eyes to possibilities beyond his understanding. He would seek to understand. He would suspend his disbelief until proof can be had. When there is no proof and all he gets is more and more bullshit excuses and dodges, he can reasonably conclude that whoever is spouting this shit cannot be trusted.

>explain all the reincarnation stories out there. Or the 3rd world video about the pyrokinetic 3 year old

Stories, anon. Just stories.
>>
>>136004870
Fun fact, this is exactly what countless people have told themselves because they sucked at the sciences or resent not knowing more about the world. That's why they try to negate all the time an effort others have put into understanding the world by claiming none of it is true or that it blinds them from real truth.

In reality you are just lazy and ignorant.
>>
>>136004813
Believe me, the feeling is mutual. I could've spent some more time on my masters coursework before the deadline.
Nah, I probably wouldn't have changed anything anyway.
>>
>>136004870
Universities used to have paranormal departments decades ago. They stopped because despite exhaustive efforts it all turned out to be complete bullshit.
>>
>>136004936
The world is full of propaganda. People who freak out about it being propaganda either don't realize how brainwashed they actually are in hundreds of other ways or just use that as an excuse for hating on something they simply don't read/watch.
>>
>>135978155
9mm might go through the shield, or the armor, but probably not both.

However, it'd still put a good dent in it and hurt the person, maybe knock them over if they're taken off guard by it.

You'd probably need magnum rounds in a handgun to reliably do the trick. And bigger ones, .357 might not cut it.
>>
>>136005087
>>136005088
>>136005151
I guess this is what people who believed in the Heliocentric theory felt back when it was widely believed Earth was the center of the universe.

People just realized they can't explain shit right now because of the level of tech. It's the same thing as if you argued the existence of radio waves in the 1100s.

The advancement of tech will also most likely advance our own understanding of the human body as well.

>Universities used to have paranormal departments decades ago.
There's still paranormal departments in universities now. Harvard has it.
>>
>>135982717
Thanks for showing that you're a no guns.
>>
>>136005277
Propaganda to me is something that outright says why thing A is better than thing B. Like the election advertisements and speeches. Gate doesn't even SUGGEST people signing up plus the author doesn't even recommend it, actively discourages it even.
>>
>>136005471

Ah, the classic heliocentric bullshit.

You see, the thing about the heliocentric universe is that they had observational evidence to back it up. People did experiments, and it fit in to their theory of the world. All this shit about fire control and whatever else garbage is just storytelling. There are no theories, there is no proof, there is nothing to indicate that it might even remotely be true. The supporters of the heliocentric theory didn't support their belief out of ignorance, they supported it with evidence.

Where's yours?
>>
>>135982907
Nah, JSDF would steamroll Lord of the Rings.

The Army they sent in the twin towers would get wrecked just as hard here as the Imperial Kingdom did.
>>
>>136005471
>I guess this is what people who believed in the Heliocentric theory felt back when it was widely believed Earth was the center of the universe.
No one was against the heliocentrism before there was evidence. There was no enlightened minority arguing for heliocentrism simply from intuition.

At best you are fallaciously giving an argument from ignorance, "we can't know everything so none of your 'evidence' counts for anything".

Stop glorifying ignorance and hit the books. Understanding the world times time and perseverance.
>>
>>136005581
>Propaganda to me is something that outright says why thing A is better than thing B
That is just shit tier propaganda. Good propaganda uses subtly.
>>
>>136005637
Probably depends on the age. Didn't the First Age of Middle Earth have a dragon the size of a continent, or something?
>>
>>136005879
I'm pretty sure the creatures you are talking about were literally one step below God, like, THE God. All the actual Lord of the Rings stuff happens when all those old fogies are dead accept the a Balrog, Sauron, and some wizards.
>>
>>136005879
I don't remember how large that dragon that sacked Nargothrond was, but it definitely was one of the great wyrms that was so massive that it never even developed wings. There were also balrogs everywhere during that era.
>>
>>135984335
>GATE dragon is just a flying lizard, dragons in fantasies and folktale are always divine beings.

This isn't true at all.

There's plenty of fantasy movies and books where dragons are nothing but big dumb animals.
>>
>>135988400
What happened? Any archive link left?
>>
>>135982170
What, you mean the nation that almost buttrape all of Asia?
>>
One of these days, we're going to talk about the story.
>>
File: 1436184942666.jpg (173KB, 707x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1436184942666.jpg
173KB, 707x1240px
All Tyuule want is freedom and that cook
>>
>>136008694
Well fuck her in the face for getting the real bunny waifu jailed
>>
>>136007917
What story?
>>
>>136000088
>>
>>135983818
>3kg
It took 75 kilos of C4 to kill it.

>>135983923
LAMs without the probe engaged are actually better for bringing down walls. You need the Monroe effect to kill tanks though, and Dragons are tank-class
>>
>>136009095
Do you have a link to these LAMs that they are using? I couldn't find the Wikipedia page myself.
>>
>>136009357
They're on the JGSDF equipment page, but they're basically a JP clone of the German Panzerfaust 3.
>>
>>136001707
Sky made me do it.
>>
>>136009357
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust_3
>>
>>136008825
What happened to her btw?
In the manga Itami doesn't say shit
>>
>>135986875
>>Primitive screwheads somehow find a stash of boomsticks

FTFY
>>
>>135992395
And just what caliber were those Maxims chambered for?
>>
>>136009988
Delilah apparently becomes Yanagida's servant and he brings her back to Japan.
>>
>>136010267
she's literally Yanagida's fuck bunny.
>>
>>136010484
>he's still here
>>
>>136010484
heh
>>
>>135994562
>http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3d1_1374168674
"These gentlemen are the moral equivalent of the founding fathers." Ronald Reagan, 1985.
>>
>>136011933
He wasn't wrong.
>>
This manga sure has a lot of fanservice.
>>
>>136012192
you're probably the first person to ever bring that up
>>
>>135995782
>the fully armored ogre did withstand Itami's pistol easily
He forgot to shoot into its head?
>>
>>135985501
>If a plant can only grows in a god damn shrine because a god took a shit there once and thus it became sacred, how are the JSDF gonna replicate that condition?

By studying it and replicating it.

Like how they did it with Angels in Evangelion.

They'll use Super Science on it.
>>
>>135999007
>Before getting there he will rape and kill several named characters
Who?
>>
All these spoilers
>>
>>136012213
D-Do I win something?
>>
>>136012301
Even if they somehow can, you remember how long they needed to study those angels? JSDF force inside the gate will be wiped out long before they has any result.
>>
File: 51239024_p0.jpg (128KB, 1000x1412px) Image search: [Google]
51239024_p0.jpg
128KB, 1000x1412px
>>136012454
You get more fanservice
>>
File: RM1.jpg (170KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
RM1.jpg
170KB, 1000x1414px
>>136012502
>>
File: Gate-02.jpg (34KB, 267x313px) Image search: [Google]
Gate-02.jpg
34KB, 267x313px
>>136012502
>>
>>136002497
If the Gate connects to an super advanced civilization, they will be the modern world and see Earth as a fantasy shithole. The general genre will still be there.
>>
>>136011933
Too idealistic for anyone's good...
>>
>>136004050
Can you apply to Hogwarts IRL?
>>
>>136012932
Can't jack off to modernity like that though. I could be mistaken, but that's a big part of Gate.
>>
So i know that the gate eventually opens up and they fight aliens but is there any more details about it? from what i hear the gate opened to it for only like a couple seconds before someone ran out and told him what was up and they closed it. Was there no big battle or anything?
>>
>>136013307
Did you watch Independent Day and Transformer?
>>
File: 1426810678609.jpg (163KB, 800x1259px) Image search: [Google]
1426810678609.jpg
163KB, 800x1259px
>>
File: 49233996_p0.jpg (152KB, 800x1489px) Image search: [Google]
49233996_p0.jpg
152KB, 800x1489px
>>
File: 46127097.jpg (288KB, 1500x2107px) Image search: [Google]
46127097.jpg
288KB, 1500x2107px
>>
File: 44166439_p0.jpg (90KB, 800x1091px) Image search: [Google]
44166439_p0.jpg
90KB, 800x1091px
>>
File: 48326290_p0.jpg (216KB, 1200x1560px) Image search: [Google]
48326290_p0.jpg
216KB, 1200x1560px
>>
>>136013459
I wouldn't compare a generic scifi story about a couple of plucky humans getting lucky and saving the world comparable to completely showing up a society modeled on the past in every way from science, technology, governance, and ethics.

I see Gate as like Star Trek but with the present showing up the past instead of the future showing up the present.
>>
>>136012483
Don't bring logic into a Nippon wank thread.
>>
>>136005631
There're cases around the world where people suddenly got burned to ash without any outside cause.
>>
File: 1436760094519.jpg (558KB, 1000x1499px) Image search: [Google]
1436760094519.jpg
558KB, 1000x1499px
Drunk
Horny
Mermaids
>>
>>136012483
Depends on the Super Science.
>>
File: 1430277659401.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1430277659401.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
>>
File: 1433306574997.jpg (2MB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
1433306574997.jpg
2MB, 2304x3072px
>>
When is Itami gonna fuck anything, fucks sake
He is a grown man with an ex wife, he has no excuse to not fuck something
>>
File: GATE_3_Cover_Illustration.jpg (495KB, 1568x873px) Image search: [Google]
GATE_3_Cover_Illustration.jpg
495KB, 1568x873px
>>136014100
He'll get there. Eventually. Maybe.
>>
>>136013778

Sure, but there is actually a body of evidence and reproducible experiments to demonstrate why this happens. I remember watching a documentary about this when I was little. Little being like 20 years ago.

>without any outside cause

Actually, that's wrong. Most cases of spontaneous human combustion involve people who are either extremely fat or extremely old, to the point that they cant move, and most also have cigarettes or other ignition sources as the cause.

Spontaneous human combustion is amazing, but it is by no means some unexplainable phenomenon.
>>
>>136013989
whos the one in the back?
>>
>>136014297
I've been asking that question for 40 years. Nobody fucking knows.
>>
>>136014100
>He is a grown man with an ex wife, he has no excuse to not fuck something
Quite the opposite. He is a grown man with an ex-wife. The novelty has worn off. Sex brings responsibilities that he isn't ready to deal with right now.
>>
>>136012502
>>136012612
>>136013533
>>136013487
>>136013582
>>136013628
>>136013660
Lolis do absolutely nothing for me.
>>
>>136014388
did he actually fucked the fujoshit?
>>
File: 54176514_p0.jpg (189KB, 1000x1362px) Image search: [Google]
54176514_p0.jpg
189KB, 1000x1362px
>>136014480
Fine. Have some elves.
>>
>>136014517
Elves are good. I can get behind elves. I'd still prefer a nice human girl, but elves are better than lolis.
>>
File: 52625195_p0.jpg (203KB, 643x900px) Image search: [Google]
52625195_p0.jpg
203KB, 643x900px
>>136014563
We don't have humans. We have elves.
>>
>>136015019
What about the thirty something year old with huge tits from the manga who beats Julius Caesar's son within an inch of his life or the little girl who stabs dudes in the face with a bayonet in the anime? Do you have any of either of them?
>>
File: 1430675015032.jpg (894KB, 1440x2150px) Image search: [Google]
1430675015032.jpg
894KB, 1440x2150px
>>136015189
I think Kuri is too much for one man.
>>
>>136005330
>9mm
More baseless speculation. It's almost like you replied without reading the thread.
>>
>>136015446
Is he wrong? From what I know of how bullets act when they hit stuff he seems right. They would fragment after hitting the shield and not be able to make it through body armor.
>>
>>136015189
Anon that's the same person......
>>
>>136015556

There are many types of bullets. Expanding bullets such as hollow points do fragment or expand on impact. Ball bullets such as full metal jackets to not fragment and expand very little. Typical ball bullets do tend to deform on impact with a hard enough surface. There are also armor piercing bullets which are a type of ball bullet which are designed specifically for retaining their shape on impact by being extremely dense or otherwise durable.

The more you know.
>>
>>136015918
I know. I was making a funny about how the character changed.
>>
>>136016160
Okay well I was considering the regular ones.
>>
>>136015229
I would wrastle her.
>>
File: p000d.jpg (2MB, 2400x1712px) Image search: [Google]
p000d.jpg
2MB, 2400x1712px
>>136016347
You'd lose. But it would be fun to watch.
>>
>>136015229
I don't want her. I just want to look at her.
>>
>>136014499
>did he actually fucked the fujoshit?
He MARRIED her. The Japanese are very strict about implied relationships. Marriage = fucking. This is not disputed, Japan is traditional like that.
>>
>>136017091
You gay, son?
>>
>>136017720
>you can't handle her but if you don't handle her you are gay
Seven?
>>
>>136016398
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzfY-aXGcBY
>>
>>136016398
I've seen that look before.

As someone who just watched the anime, and now started reading the manga without reading the novels first.

He is about to get his shit fucked up right?
>>
>>136018388
Let's just say the next episode should be fun
>>
>>136018430
wow, I just realized they've gone from Introducing the prince to the earthquake in two episodes. They're rushing the shit out of the anime.
>>
File: up110.jpg (324KB, 869x1298px) Image search: [Google]
up110.jpg
324KB, 869x1298px
>>136015229
Cow tits are nice.
>>
File: grey seer.jpg (195KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
grey seer.jpg
195KB, 800x550px
Reminder that the JSDF would get BTFO by Skaven.
>>
>>136017627
>The Japanese are very strict about implied relationships
Marriage is not an implied relationship at all,, it's as official as it gets.
>>
>>136018787
reminder that the skaven would be btfo by the slaan. fuck off rat lover
>>
>>136002020
When was this???? Season one???
>>
>>135978155
No, 9mm would dent the sheild good and probably seriously hurt the arm if shot on the grip plane.

Sheilds are made from slightly thicker and heavier plates of metal (because you need the thing you are blocking with to be harder than what's hitting it or else you might as well be blocking with your arm) additionally, European sheilds, even early roma-italian ones were forged with a fault line straight down the middle which makes it break at an angle to the left or right I.e. even if the bullet were to "break" through the sheild it's be deflected slightly. Plus sheilds already aren't rigid plates they're bowed significantly to ,agian, deflect the blow. Directly blocking a blow hurts like hell and really fucking drains you, whereas if the blow glances off and you only get a hard tap, you could last a while in combat.

To make matters worse her 9mm probably is shooting lead bullets with no special deals, AND she's shooting some japshit barreta style 9mm which has shit inital veloc which would make it fucking bounce hardcore if shot that close.
>>
>>135978661
Hory fucko, arrows don't Peirce armor thats fucking stupid. They made arrows specifically to break armor and those fuckers weren't made with points, look it up. They were weighted box-head arrows.

>>135978741

(Armor +sheild) Most "modern" rifles wouldn't really tho, 5x56 is .22 and 7x56 doesn't have the weight to do that. Mabye 7x76 could but even that's a stretch
>>
>>136019001
Get fuck-fucked scalie-thing lover.
>>
>>136019898
better than being a plague infected pile of fetid fuz. you're not even worth enough to be thrown into the Pits
>>
According to the BD releases, volume 2 "Flame Dragon" will be covered in the first six episodes.
The last six episodes will be volume three "Upheaval".

How the fuck are they going to fit >>135994757 in six episodes? There's gonna be fuckton of shit removed.
>>
>>135978729

I can see a crash program to develop modern firearms occuring as fast as possible. Surely there would be people like Leilei who could find out the chemical composition of gunpowder or smokeless powder and they could manufacture it for themselves and try to develop weapons to use it.
>>
>>136004452
There was never a case where Japanese claim inventions of anything (other than actual Japanese customs) in the novel.
>>136004300 is probably a kekfag gook.
>>
>>136020056
>>136019898
>>136019001
>>136018787
/tg/ pls contain yourselves
>>
>>135993744

Only if there's Doof Warriors around.
>>
>>136018787
LOOKSIE MAN THINGS
>>
>>136020602

We all know if the gate opened up to the 40k universe, Daemons would eat all the JSDF's souls.
>>
>>136014297
>>136014332
And I've answered it 40 times.
Shandy. You saw her in the manga already, and she's one of the more prominent character in novel 3.
>>
>>136020352
Since they're going to do two volumes in one season, Gate would only have to have one more season to do all of novel "season one".
Because that way anime season 3 will cover novel book 4 & 5.

I would bet my life savings they're gonna do it too.
>>
>>136020761
Wouldn't any faction in 40k crush any modern 21st century army with ease?
>>
>>136022256
Pretty much.
>>
File: 20160112_040746-1600x900.jpg (307KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160112_040746-1600x900.jpg
307KB, 1600x900px
Morning
>>
Anyone got nicknames for Zorzal?

Mine include: Zerpderp, Zapp, Duke of Diaperstain, Royal Hernia, Dickhead, Bunnybugger
>>
>>136025034
I like CLENCH YOUR TEETH
>>
After next week, it'll be Sandbag.
>>
>>136025499
ha!
>>
>>136014197

Why is the emperor part of his harem?
>>
>>136000522
Drone strikes =/= foot soldier
>>
>>136026439
>this guy
>>
>>136013989
>Yao
Why is she best girl so much I don't care about the bad luck she has.
Then again the Light Novel pictures are excellent, who drew this?
>>
http://gate-anime.com/bd-dvd/bd-dvd10.html
>vol.10 動乱編Ⅰ

Fire Dragon arc's gonna end in episode 18 (6). So I imagine they'll rush it.
>>
>>136029368
they're only making it six episodes this time? What the hell.
>>
>>136029641
>they're only making it six episodes this time? What the hell.
Guess they wanted all the main story animated.
>>
>>136029641
>they're only making it six episodes this time? What the hell.
3 DVD volumes per book.
>>
>>136019647
You're a huge noguns and need help for your retardation.
>>
>>136029641
>>136029954
That's going to be a lot of cut content.
Having said that, is it just me, or is there some content that the anime has covered but the manga hasn't? Or is that just filler?
>>
>>135978661
this, why is everyone doubting? those shields are wooden

lurk k once in a while
>>
>>136032505
>Having said that, is it just me, or is there some content that the anime has covered but the manga hasn't? Or is that just filler?
What would it be? I saw nothing new.
>>
>>136032744
See: >>135980193
It strikes me as odd as the shield being shattered on the second shot but the bullet still not striking the person holding it. Then again, I don't know a god damn thing about ballistics.
>>
>>136032753
Itami delivering Pina's goods in episode 12, possibly some other things that I've forgotten. It's probably filler though.
>>
File: hgate004_045.jpg (212KB, 869x1268px) Image search: [Google]
hgate004_045.jpg
212KB, 869x1268px
Is it her job to suffer?
>>
>>136032753
The Ginza attack was longer.
Still, in the anime they cut out Pina who stole a gun and Itami washing off blood from Rory.
>>
>>136032950
Armour and shields are technology there's various design, material, philosphy, technique, manufacturing, and improvement spanning several thousand years, if the damn chink comic show it can then it's the kind that can.
>>
>>136033280
>Still, in the anime they cut out Pina who stole a gun and Itami washing off blood from Rory.
Cutting is not the same as adding.
>>
>>135991503
>Even longbows had decent penetrating power against plate armor
Longbow fags at it again.
>>
>>136019752
>5x56
>7x56
>7x76
What the fuck are these calibers?
>>
>>136034175

5x56 is .223 and 7x62 is .308 in American.

Dunno about the last one.
>>
>>136034486
I speak American and Metric. The Metric is still wrong.
>>
How much of the novels has already been made into manga? Will we ever reach season 2 novels before we all die of old age?
>>
>>136035952
Only the first four and a bit volumes.
>>
>>135980193
All this shows is that the author doesn't know that 9mm could easily penetrate a wood shield
>>
>>136035952
Just the first two books, little of book three, and half of gaiden+

The anime will catch up to the manga in one month from now.
>>
I'm caught up on the manga.
What next? Watch the anime?
>>
>>135983098

>they don't get to bring friends
>>
>>135989832
based germany
>age to purchase beer: 16
>Bundeswehr enlistment age: 18
>>
>>136023099
>white coffee

ech
>>
>>136038584
Some like it sweet
>>
>>136038644
that looks a little too sweet
>>
>>136039061
Depends on what's in it.
>>
>>136039061
I use just milk in mine.
>>
>>136035390
i suppose he means 5.56 and 7.62.
Ya know the NATO caliber?
>>
File: l028.jpg (179KB, 869x1238px) Image search: [Google]
l028.jpg
179KB, 869x1238px
I'm in love.
>>
>>136040599

Get in line.
>>
>>136040599
i wonder how severe that beatdown is gonna be in the anime
>>
>>136040599
those nips
>>
File: 3yen-test-pattern.jpg (21KB, 350x368px) Image search: [Google]
3yen-test-pattern.jpg
21KB, 350x368px
>>136040754
It'll be this and screaming for 5 minutes.
>>
>>136023099
>He doesn't drink his coffee black
>>
>>136041016
wife made my coffee.
>>
>>136040810
you know she gets turned on by the prospect of beating chumps up
probably drenching her pants in that panel
>>
File: l016.jpg (322KB, 726x1033px) Image search: [Google]
l016.jpg
322KB, 726x1033px
>>136041518

I like the fact that her nipples are hard when she kills people.
>>
File: up112.jpg (326KB, 869x1298px) Image search: [Google]
up112.jpg
326KB, 869x1298px
>>136041819
I wonder if there will be lewd in the blu.
>>
>>136042012

I doubt it.
>>
File: 1437525573338.jpg (400KB, 1000x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1437525573338.jpg
400KB, 1000x1520px
>no more Gate LN to look forward to every day

Now what am I and Nigel going to do
>>
>>136042012
Confirmed for oldest character in the group. Still gets steam censored while some others do not. Proof that the SJWs are winning.
>>
>>136040853
To be fair, that would be accurate to the novel.

> In the end, Itami smiled bitterly and called out to his subordinates.

>“Kuribayashi. Make him talk.”

>“Roger, el-tee~”

>This was the first time Kuribayashi had been so happy to obey an order given by Itami.

>The following scene is somewhat violent, and we need to adhere to the age limitations on this publication. Thus we will describe the scene with sound alone.

>Pachi, gucha, dosun, gan, ban, goh, dosu, gucha...boki, something like that.

>And of course, Zorzal was screaming all this while.

>“Stop! Wait, stop! Stoooooop! Ahhhh it hurts! Guheee! Abbah! Gwaaaaargh! No, don’t break my finger, let me g- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!”
>>
>>136043624
what do you mean?
>>
>>136043624
is it confirmed already that he stopped?
just noticed it got taken of the schedule
>>
>>136044759
what do you mean what do I mean? I can't get any more clear.
>>
>>136044807
He said a while back that only the first four lns are in chinese, and only some of the fifth. Said he would finish with the fourth.
>>
>>136044809
Were the translations coming out daily or did you just finish reading it?
>>
>>136044863
They were coming out daily. They're done now.
>>
>>136044651
Speaking of, is there a pdf of the ln chapters? I'd love to read it.
>>
>>136044845
damn, was hoping it was just a mistake
thanks for the info
>>
>>136044916
Dunno about pdf, but the first four books were translated:

http://skythewood.blogspot.sg/p/gate-thus-jsdf-fought-there-author.html
>>
>>135979919
The Gate is the only access to the other world. How in the hell are you going to get guns and ammo accross to the enemy side, without the japanese knowing.
It's impossibru.
>>
>>136012142
You are.
Thread posts: 427
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.