[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam IBO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 41

File: Altra is gendumb.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
Altra is gendumb.gif
178KB, 160x160px
I'm one of the people that defended the show, and I gave it a chance despite being an Okada show because it's Gundam and it has handdrawn mechs, but how the hell does Okada keep getting work?

>Gut's talks about his long lost brother who ties into his motivations and blah blah
>Literally shows up next episode to be an angsty shit and then immediately dies as if we're supposed to give a shit
>"I don't know why I saved you"
>"I don't feel anything...WE ARE THE HUMAN DEBRIS"
>Everyone they run into is either a super honarable space gangster or a caricature of an NTR villain with no middle ground
>"Huh, what's this feeling?"
>Hilariously evil villain who's never talked to him says "You like killing people!"
>Instead of showing him attack joints, have to actually yell "He attacked the spaces in my armor!"
>Orga who wont shut up about muh family can't fathom why they want to have a send-off for the departed
>Launch the flowers, someone says "They went out already."
>Ok, it's clearly a metaphor about their live- "It would be nice if they could go longer."
>Ok, they assume the audience is retarded and need to hammer it in, at least it's ove-
>2 minutes of dry exposition literally explaining the metaphor likening the explosion of the flowers to the lives of child soldiers
If you have to explain a metaphor in a visual medium, then you have 0 talent for writing. And let's not forget the classic Okada move,
>Hehe, Mika is a sociopath and can't figure out his own feelings
>He just HAPPENS to see kyke hime after seeing pimpman kiss his girl
>Kyke hime, who literally does not have a personality hugs him
>He kisses her while Altra is shown for extra drama
>Idiots will actually think this is ok because Okada decided to have Altra act out of character and not comfort him in the kitchen for one second, which somehow negates every bit of characterization up until that point and makes the retarded love triangle feasible
>ORUPHANS....NAMIDA!
If you like Okada, you're actually retarded.
>>
>>135630735
No one actually thinks Okada is a good writer, you'd have to be retarded to think that. People only watch her shows to shitpost about them.
>>
>>135631496
>No one actually thinks Okada is a good writer
Some actually do.
>>
>>135631857
I refuse to believe that.
>>
>>135630735
tl;dr
>>
File: 1450216231109.gif (45KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1450216231109.gif
45KB, 100x100px
>>135630735
I'd stop watching it, but Atra is too cute.
>>
>>135633026
>can't read
Okada anime might be for you.
>>
I'm still butthurt about Shin Kyoto-hen
>>
File: 976f76342.jpg (85KB, 554x540px) Image search: [Google]
976f76342.jpg
85KB, 554x540px
why did space pimp even allow orga to become his brother so easily? it's so jarring that he's i got you kyodai for orga with everything
>>
>>135633338
>Why did Tekkadan trip and fall face first into unbelievably kind, generous and honorable space friends for the first half of the series?
Because writing good challenge and struggle is hard.
>>
Even the most retarded thing Okada could do is vastly superiour to Tomino's "storytelling"

>CCA
>Quess gets slapped because she's an annoyning little cunt
>She's so mad she goes off her mech without an helmet
>She gets into Char's unit and starts whining
>Char : "I do hate violence"
>Proceeds with his plan to wipe the entire Earth with an asteroid drop

What's offeds me the most is that some people genuinely think Tomino is anything but a complete hack.
>>
>>135633526
>No one brings up Tomino at all
>"Sure Okada is bad, but Tomino!"
Sasuga, shitposter.
>>
>>135633593

Lazy boring cyclical posting. It's funny I remember people being kind of okay with the show when they first introduced that pilot chick and the show exhausted like 4 threads in a row over it. If they show some fanservice and a major battle again I'm sure fake ass /a/ will go right back to saying positive things about it since that's what they pretend to care about.
>>
>>135631857

Haven't people been raving about that one Ano-Hana like sequel movie she did with the same director or is that just Japan and because of that idol group?
>>
>>135630735

That's a whole lot of complaining I didn't feel like reading most of. Nice fucking blog.
>>
>>135630735
Reminder to report blog-esque whining.
>>
TL;DR
>If you like what I don't like you're retarded
I think it's more retarded to insult people because they like what you don't
It's ok to shit on the show if you don't like it
It's ok to shit on anyone of the staff if you don't like their works
It's not ok to shit on people if you don't like what they like or if you like what they don't like
>>
>>135633843
>A post talking about writing in anime is a blog post because I'm too stupid to read
Amazing.
>>
>>135633747
Or people were just giving it a chance, and now they've seen it's shit.

>>135633795
Which one?
>>
>>135633921
tl;dr
>I'm an idiot with no standards for writing, so I'll just say there are no objective standards and everything is opinions so no bully
>>
>>135630735
>Kyke hime, who literally does not have a personality hugs him

She does have one, it's just shit.
>>
>>135630735
>ORUPHANS....NAMIDA!
The ending is ironically the best part of the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFePAxkBhIo
>>
>>135634103
>I wanna help
>but I don't know anything
>I'm going to be so surprised and sad when Fumitan reluctantly betrays me
She's not a person.
>>
>>135634203
Is anyone in IBO even close to being vaguely human?
>>
>>135633910
>blog-esque
>Actually posts completely on topic and picks apart the anime
"It made me feel stupid for liking shit anime" doesn't make something a blog, you fucking moron.
>>
>>135634260
Macky is best boy, so there's a 100% chance Okada kills him or something. Altra was also stated by the staff to not change for the whole story because she acts as the crew's moral compass, so in exchange for the rest of the writing team giving her an important support role, Okada will shit on her as much as possible because she's not allowed to kill her or change her.
>>
File: atra keeping it real.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
atra keeping it real.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>135633091
yeh
>>
File: 1451815566975.png (61KB, 536x536px) Image search: [Google]
1451815566975.png
61KB, 536x536px
>>135634517
Atra is the real hero of the show.
>>
File: atra.gif (2MB, 491x271px) Image search: [Google]
atra.gif
2MB, 491x271px
>>135633091
2cute4u
>>
Ein will save IBO
>>
>>135633927

It's barely legible and sensible though or I might have. Sorry not exactly drawn to reading something when it's apparent it's memespeak shitposting within the first sentence.
>>
File: pink.jpg (99KB, 354x388px) Image search: [Google]
pink.jpg
99KB, 354x388px
>>135634605
>memespeak shitposting
>>
Best thing about this is that through some miracle, all the scanned doujins are /ss/.
>>
>>135634683
>Kudelia is literally a whore for all the boys, then Altra shows up with an elephant penis to tag-team her asshole with Mika
It's been a while since a doujin had me laughing that hard.
>>
>>135634683

I'm pretty sure there was a mindbreak gangrape doujin
>>
>>135634650

Yes that's what I said. Congrats you know how to read and repeat things back so you pass the grade 1 literacy test unlike the OP.
>>
I love Mari Okada. I mean, if you try hard enough, you can find flaws in everything. Sit back and enjoy the show.
>>
Mods are slacking again.
>>
File: senpai.jpg (47KB, 448x369px) Image search: [Google]
senpai.jpg
47KB, 448x369px
>>135634732
>memespeak
>shitposting
>>
>>135634749
>if you try hard enough, you can find flaws in everything
And if the flaws leap out and bash you over the head, it's just shit writing. But then again, you like Shigatsu, so your opinion is automatically worthless.
>>
>>135634768
>on topic threads should be deleted because I'm an idiot
How many times are you going to samefag?
>>
>>135634808
I guess it's good to be safe and not like anything then. Sit back and relax. It's anime and you're thinking way too hard about it.
>>
>>135634808
How's your first Gundam?
>>
>>135634861
0079 was leagues better than IBO.
>>
>>135634857
Go funpost somewhere else. No one wants to hear your hyperbole and generalizations.
>>
>>135634852
Childish "if you like this your opinion is shit" threads have never been accepted on /a/, you infant.
>>
File: squidding me.jpg (34KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
squidding me.jpg
34KB, 300x450px
>>135634956
>>
>>135634956
Cool. How about you explain how explaining a visual metaphor isn't shit writing instead of pretending that OP isn't allowed to hurt your feelings on /a/.

This isn't a hugbox, you faggot. Talk about anime or fuck off.
>>
>>135634951
ironic
>>
>>135635039
That would imply the people who don't like IBO are making generalizations like "Well all X is shit" or "All Y is good." Please point out where that happened as opposed to specific critiques about the show itself.
>>
Im just watching to see Milf and Orga fuck
>>
>>135634048
Tell me what those standards are and who decided they are objective. Also, I never even talked about writing, you dumbass. I talked about liking. And there are no objective rules saying liking something is wrong (Unless that something is an actual IRL crime, like IRL murder , IRL rape and stuff like that)
So, no one is a retard for liking what you don't like.
>>
>>135635554
>Tell me what those standards are and who decided they are objective.
Have you ever taken a single literature or film class in your life? Of course you haven't, because you're still pretending that no standards for art exist.

>I talked about liking. And there are no objective rules saying liking something is wrong
>You can't criticize my taste
Is this your first day on the internet? Fuck off, this isn't a hugbox.
>>
Discounting anti-threads on 2ch (since its sole existence is to shit on any particular anime of the topic), the only two places where majority of people are shitting on IBO is /a/ and Yaraon.
Both infamously epitome of complete losers.

Everywhere else, both western and Japanese, the vast majority of reaction is positive.

You folks are just hopeless.
>>
>>135630735
I watch it as filler with my bros, they genuinely seem to like it because Mika is badass aka has no personality and kills people. While I'm just waiting for that ED to hit so I can load the next episode of Fafner or something.
>>
>>135635834
It's just some guy from /m/ who felt like posting outside of his hugbox.
>>
>>135634857
What he's complaining about is that he doesnt need to think at all because IBO doesnt want that.
>>
>>135635834
>Barring any places of actual discussion that aren't filled with casuals, no one likes it
First off, most discussion on 2ch of IBO is dead outside of "X series was better than IBO" and the opinion there isn't positive at all (but I'm sure you know that because you actually lurk 2ch). Second, popular opinion means literally nothing as we know most of the internet that isn't /a/ loves SAO.
>>
>>135635834

This hasn't really gone unnoticed. G-Reco and AGE for example were unpopular pretty much everywhere, but most places aside from /a/ and yaraon which crap on absolutely everything under the sun have been generally positive.
>>
>>135636324
>AGE and G-Reco
>Popular here
What the fuck did I just read?
>>
>>135635834
Whose opinion? Nip fujos or the guys drawing kudelia doujin? Cause 2ch hates it.
>>
>>135630735
I
Believed
Okada
>>
>>135636324
>G-Reco
>unpopular
Sure man unpopular late night shows average 8.5k sales over two cour.
>>
>>135634260
The homo kid
>>
ibo is the greatest love story ever told, stop hating
>>
>>135635683
Your taste is shit because I say so
This isn't a hugbox so sorry
This is how retarded you sound
>>
File: CWF56m0WoAAR-v3.jpg (87KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
CWF56m0WoAAR-v3.jpg
87KB, 600x803px
>>135630735
the gusion and the man rodis looked so good and they fucking wasted them. the gusion didnt even put up a fight
>>
>>135636605
The Gusion wasn't a fighter mech.
>>
>>135636365
He said AGE and Reco were unpopular and that Yaraon and /a/ shit on everything. So outside of those places(/a/ and Yaraon) they were positively received which isn't really true for AGE since it was shat on universally right out the gate and G-Reco has more falseflagging shitposters than actual fans.

>>135636500
G Reco did surprisingly well for how little Banrise was pushing it financially. I was shocked during the IBO stream when that Sunrise rep said both Try and Reco were successful.
>>
>>135636579
Also
>you need classes to properly enjoy stuff
Kill yourself retard
I don't care about that shit
This is just a hobby. There's no need to treat it so seriously
>>
>>135636634
All MobileSuits unless specifically stated otherwise are for fighting. In every universe it's why mobile suits are designed.
>>
>>135636518
Can barely be called a character
>>
File: i dont think you tried.png (88KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
i dont think you tried.png
88KB, 550x550px
>>135636579
>Your taste is shit because I say so
>Specific examples from the episode in question
>"because I say so"
>>
>>135636747
And the staff said the Gusion wasn't a fighter mech.
>>
>>135636776
>One of the 72 Gundam frames leftover from the Calamity War isn't for fighting.
Then what the fuck is it for? Transporting wounded soldiers?
>>
>>135636773
And those examples are bad because you say so
Still, if my tastes and likes are wrong, I'll stop trusting my judgement to enjoy anime and request some reccomendations from you, oh great anime writing expert-sama
>>
File: Baka.jpg (83KB, 800x710px) Image search: [Google]
Baka.jpg
83KB, 800x710px
>>135636712
>"What standards exist?"
>"You're not allowed to cite real standards that have been developed over thousands of years of storytelling and studied by various people"
>"Stop caring about your hobby on a niche imageboard dedicated to people discussing their hobby"
>>
>>135636874
Stop replying and let the thread die. Though OP will probably bump it again.
>>
>>135636634
oh yeah of course
those pirates famous for routinely attacking ships and kidnapping children used it for leisure
Its the Fundam
that big fucking war hammer was for built for croquet. The fuck huge tea shirt cannons in its chest and head were cool too.
>>
>>135636874
>are bad because you say so
>Literally explaining a visual metaphor is ok in a visual medium
>Introducing a character then killing them almost immediately after having built them up as a "long lost family member I haven't seen in years and might be dead" is ok
>Contrived plot occurences to facilitate cheap drama from a love triangle is ok
You're right, that's my mistake. I forgot those were the hallmarks of good writing.

>Passive aggressive sarcastic whining
Stop being a casual faggot and watch more anime.
>>
>>135636883
And? I don't fucking care
Your shitty stupid fucking standards don't mean I'm wrong for simply liking something
Go fuck yourself and stop trying to force a taste dicatorship, you fucking retard
Like I said, it's OK to shit on the show
It's not OK to shit on the people who like it or dislike it
Stop acting like a child who can't accept people like what he doesn't
>>
>>135636776
where?
and why would any staff working on the show call it anything other than a mobile suit?
>>
>>135636983
>Stop telling me I'm an idiot!
Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>135636956
>watch more anime
Which? I'd choose for myself, oh great anime writing expert-sama, but we have stablished my tastes are wrong (and the more anime I'm allowed to choose by myself, the shittier they get). So please choose for me, your highness
And it all depends on how it's executed. And Gundam executes it well, if you'll allow me to say my wrong opinion
>>
>>135637060
>You're an idiot because you like what I don't
Stop being a child
>>
>>135636983
This show is as shit as your useless posts.
>>
>>135637091
G-Reco, AGE, F91
>>
>>135637091
>Sarcastic whining again
>"Those butchered plot points were executed well!"

>>135637126
No, you're an idiot because you have absolutely no standards for story telling and yet you feel the need to pretend you can discuss it, and instead of being able to articulate your own ideas in any level of appreciable detail you make sweeping blanket statements that are completely wrong while kicking your feet and demanding that your opinions be respects for the sole fact that "My tastes can't be criticized here!"

Serious question; are you underage or do you just have a learning disability?
>>
>>135637244
You're the underage one here
Only children honestly believe they're superior to other people because of what TV shows they like
>>
>>135637091
>Gundam executes it well
Let's stop using words we don't understand because we heard a smart person use them before in a real discussion.
>>
>>135637212
And the childish posts suggesting it's wrong to like certain TV shows are useful?
>>
>>135637295
>I'm actually still in middle school and haven't taken any sort of literary analysis classes or figured out how to do that stuff on my own
Ok then.
>>
i keep forgetting guts isnt actually called guts
and i have no idea what char and garma are really called
>>
>>135637333
>And the posts that actually discuss anime on an anime board instead of crying that anon hurt your feelings are useful?
Yes, perpetuating discussion about anime is useful on an anime imageboard.
>>
>>135637299
Well, I like it and that's all I care about.
It's one thing to discuss a show and it's flaws
It's another to try to stop everyone who likes it from doing so acting like you're superior
There's no justification for that
>b-b-b-but muh "writing standards
Still doesn't count. I'm sure they don't exist so you can go around telling people what they should and shouldn't like
>>
>>135637342
>and i have no idea what char and garma are really called
Chocolate man and onii-sama.
>>
>>135637403
>telling people that they're wrong for liking things
>discussion
It's almost cute how you actually believe that
>>135637337
>I'm actually still in elementary school and have autism and haven't figured out people having different tastes is ok
Ok then
>>
>>135637460
>this delusional
Holy shit, you might be a giglaomaniac. Maybe if you suffer enough, you'll awaken your Di-Sword and be able to turn your delusions into reality
>>
>>135637333
At least they are actually talking about the show.
>>
>>135637571
Wrong. They're talking about the people who like the show, not the show itself
>>
File: anger.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
anger.gif
2MB, 450x450px
>>135637499
>Still whining that he was wrong about standards for story telling not existing
>Still unable to discuss the show
>Still thinks people can't criticize his taste in anime on /a/
Try not to get too worked up, I don't want your caretaker to have to spend their whole night cleaning up after your fit.
>>
>>135637608
>not the show itself
Well that's just factually incorrect given the OP talks about the show at length. You can't dismiss a point because the person speaking hurt your feelings.
>>
>>135637609
>still thinking it's wrong for people to like what he doesn't like
>still flaunting his superiority complex
Oh wow, you might actually be autistic
>>
>>135637688
I can. Ad hominem is actually a logical fallacy, and detracts from any point being made
Also, OP indeed talks about the show in his initial posts, but many of the posts I reply to arent' about the show, but about how I'm a retard
>>
File: semen demon.jpg (56KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
semen demon.jpg
56KB, 848x480px
>>135637694
>My opinions can't be wrong
>Now let me come to a place to discuss anime but not actually discuss anime
>>
>>135637767
>this desperate to prove that his taste>my taste
>>
>>135637608
You should probably address the various points in the op talking about the show.
>>
>>135637756
>I can. Ad hominem is actually a logical fallacy, and detracts from any point being made
"This is shit because (points about storytelling) and if you like it, you're an idiot" is not ad hominem. "You're an idiot, therefore anything you like is shit storytelling" is ad hominem. Let's keep the /v/-style incorrect usage of "logical fallacies" on /v/.
>>
>>135636700

Sunrise basically seems to have two possible results to most of their output, generally successful or wildly successful franchise starting genre defining level successful and the ratio seems to be something like 10:1. Like the smash hit thing happens really often with them, practically every other year including with stuff the producers are sure would bomb like Tiger and Bunny.

Really the only things they've put out that I can recall just being total bombs were Gundam AGE which is probably the worst disaster in the history of the company since they were so sure that it was going to be their finest hour with the Level 5 team up (eventually they'd make it up to Bandai with Yokai Watch) and Buddy Complex which is Studio 8's biggest flop to date and where even the cell phone couldn't get going and had to close down within a few months. Up until that point Studio 8 had been on a dynamite roll and arguably the most successful per franchise studio of the decade so far with Horizon, Accel World and Love Live. Of course in general Gundam Unicorn and Love Live were such monster once in a generation hits for their respective genre's that they more than cancelled out these financial bombs.

I guess the final insult would be that a good chunk of BD re-releases of Sunrises old catalogue from the 80's and 90's outsold a hell of a lot of new titles from this year alone. The brand still seems to mean something at least in Japan.
>>
>>135637824
It is. Nobody is an idiot for liking something
It's more idiotic to think you're superior for hating or liking something
>>
>>135637828
>Buddy Complex

It's too bad really, the show was actually kind of good.
>>
>>135637816
Why should I care for anyone who seriously believes liking stuff makes people idiots or give him the pleasure of taking effort to adress his post?
>>
>>135637880
>It is.
It isn't.
http://examples.yourdictionary.com/ad-hominem-examples.html
Ad hominem is predicated on them dismissing your point because you're an idiot, or some other extraneous factor. Making an actual argument and then calling someone an idiot is not ad hominem. Stop being an idiot (take note that me calling you an idiot isn't ad hominem, because the assessment was made based on your inability to use words correctly, and that ad hominem is not the same as "insult.")

>>135637925
Because if you're arguing based on feelings instead of actually making a point regarding the topic at hand, you're an idiot.
>>
>>135634553
>>135634517
>Implying Atra is interesting
Both girls are bland.
>>
>>135636438
2ch main thread likes it. Anti thread doesn't, because that's the whole point of anti threads.

To say "2ch hates it" even the main thread would have to look like anti-threads.
Or do you not know how that works.
>>
>>135638020
Altra actually has a personality. Kudelia can hardly be considered a character.
>>
>>135637984
Ok, now you have a point
But
>you like x, so you're an idiot
is still retarded
I might be an idiot for a lot of reasons, but liking what you don't like is not one of them
Also, I already know I have no standards and have shit taste, but honestly, the more anime I watch the shittier my tastes and standards get, so I stopped caring a long time ago. Hell, I even enjoy cliche battle harem LN adaptations
>>
>>135637897
The thing about Buddy Complex was that it had absolutely nothing going for it in uniqueness (I'm not saying it's bad). There was no big time director or writer or animator attached, no crazy concept, no wackiness, no DARKNESS. It has the concept of time travel but it's really only used to set the stage. As such, it just comes off as a "well I'll watch this cause it's just okay but why would I buy it".

Many /m/ shows that are just competent on their own without anything notable attached to them are like this like MJP or Argevollen

Also it being one big ad for a cell phone game probably wasn't doing it any favors
>>
>>135638077
>2ch main thread likes it.
No they do not. Post an active IBO with the majority of the posters liking the show.

You don't lurk 2ch, stop pretending you do because someone told you that they have Anti-threads.
>>
File: 3.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>135630735
>If you like Okada, you're actually retarded

Well, I don't watch other Okada shows, but I do enjoy IBO

So I guess I'm retarded then

Still mentally capable enough to build my 1/100 Barbaro though
>>
>>135638117
>now you have a point
No, I've always had a point. You're the one who has been incorrectly using terms because their feeligns were hurt.
>is still retarded
If you can't actually refute what they said, then they're right. You can't just stop a dialog or discussion and write off your opponentes views as a logical fallacy (incorrectly, might I add) because you don't know how to directly address their point.

>Hell, I even enjoy cliche battle harem LN adaptations
Ok we're done here.
>>
>>135634749
>>135634857
Lately, I’ve been noticing more and more anime fans being overly obsessive with their taste in anime. There are people who get shunned for liking and enjoying a show that the internet hivemind thinks is bad — to the point where they’re immediately dismissed from any sort of anime discussion because they enjoy a particular show (like Naruto/SAO/etc). What’s more concerning is that there are people who put on a facade and “stop” liking shows that they actually liked to maintain an image of being an anime connoisseur. It’s ridiculous.

I’ll still say this even though it’s cliche because it seems like a lot of you don’t understand it: Having “shit taste” doesn’t mean anything. Different people enjoy different things. Sometimes, you might even enjoy a show that the hivemind thinks is bad. For example, I enjoyed SAO and I also acknowledge the criticisms against it. It’s perfectly fine for me to like it even though I might be branded as “having shit taste”. Yes, that means it’s okay to enjoy Naruto. Or Bleach. Or SAO. Liking those shows doesn’t mean you’re retarded or you were born with some sort of defect. It just means that someone disagrees with you, so it’s okay to like those shows. Don’t let anyone else convince you otherwise.

The connection between you and whatever you’re watching belongs only to you. Don’t let others influence it so easily. Remember that the vast majority of animes are targeted toward the lowest of the low in Japan. Remember that animes are pretty much Japanese cartoons. Think about it. It’s really quite silly to be an anime connoisseur.

Fuck you, /a/.
>>
>>135638092
No, both are bland no matter how you see it. Atra is the typical girl who is nice with everyone and has a crush on MC, all she does is cooking, being nice and lusting over Mika.
>>
>>135638184
>Still mentally capable enough to build my 1/100 Barbaro though
Barbatos best girl. Great taste.
>>
File: 1401639395668.jpg (232KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1401639395668.jpg
232KB, 480x640px
>>135638120
I thought it was good BECAUSE it didn't have a gimmick attached to it. It was consistently animated and written, with likable characters and decently well-executed story. The finale was rushed, but from what I've heard that's because a full second season was planned originally.

The threads while it was airing were pretty fun too. I'd call it enjoyable overall. Hina was also my best girl that season.
>>
>>135638233
10/10 pasta. HS_Leader is one of the most phenomenal trolls I've ever seen. The best part is that his taste is actually shit.
>>
>>135638200
Stating that someone is an idiot for liking something is never right
Like I said, people can be idiots for many reasons liking what you don't is NEVER one of them. Get it through your thick skull
And what do you want me to do about my shit taste? You told me in a post to "watch more anime". I already told you that the more I watch, the shittier my taste gets. Before, I wouldn't even consider watchig a single second of haremshit. Now I actually enjoy it
So, "watch more anime" isn't a magical solution
>>
>>135638308
>Stating that someone is an idiot for liking something is never right
Says who? You haven't made a single post of substance in this thread. You are an idiot because you've repeatedly used words you don't understand and vehemently insisted you weren't misusing them, and at no point did you address the core of OPs argument. His assessment that "People who like Okada's writing are idiots." is spot on from where I'm standing.
>>
>>135638393
Says anyone with half a brain
>You haven't made a single post of substance in this thread. You are an idiot because you've repeatedly used words you don't understand and vehemently insisted you weren't misusing them, and at no point did you address the core of OPs argument
These are valid reasons for calling people idiots
Liking something isn't. EVER.
>>
>>135638272
Right and that's the thing. There was no reason to buy it (in otakus minds) because there was no gimmick or "thing" to support.

Other than the cell phone game which really was just waifu bait
>>
>>135638242
Altra was an orphan who ran away from an abusive home, met up with Mika, developed feelings for him because he was the first person in a life of misery to show her kindness, worked her ass off to put food in her mouth, went on to leave her homeworld to pursue a better life, showed kindness to everyone, does everything in her power at all times to help them out, never oversteps her boundaries or pretends she's more important than she is, and actually tries to talk to other characters and explain her feelings (except the one instance Okada needed her not to to facilitate her shit love triangle).

Kudelia is a spoiler princess who wants to save the poor people despite knowing nothing about economics, socioeconomic heirarchy or money movement. She also has no skills or interactions with anyone outside of teaching kids how to read. Despite having had a decent amount of screentime, she's managed to do nothing except for sit down and lament at how useless she is and how much she wishes she wasn't useless.
>>
>>135638528
How is she not bland? You just like one while you dislike the other. Her role in the story was obvious since day 1 and nothing' has changed.
>>
>>135638476
>Says anyone with half a brain
Now see, that's an actual logical fallacy.

Thanks for trying, though.
>>
>>135638628
You asked
>says who?
Sorry for answering your question
>>
File: 1276055332998.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1276055332998.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>135638476
Look, I'm not even any of the anons you were discussing with, but back off already. You can enjoy whatever the fuck you want, but can objectively state if something is shit or not. What you like is not necessarily good, friend.

Case in point: IBO.
>>
>>135638626
>How is she not bland?
She has a personality molded by her childhood, has clear motivations with roots in that, interacts with several of the other characters, and doesn't repeat the same thing like a broken record. Her role in the story is obvious because the creators outright stated it. That doesn't make her bland. At best you could say that you don't find her super interesting. Kudelia, on the other hand, is basically a cardboard cutout pretending to be a person.
>>
>>135638528
You can't even remember her name.
>>
>>135638723
kek I think I'll stop here.
>>
>>135633927
No its a blog post cause its borderline nonsensical rambling, theres no glow to the criticisms you jump from one thing to another with little justification, the fact that your pulling the high and mighty persona in response to criticsm only solidifies this as being nothing more than your shitty blog.
>>
>>135638754
Could have sworn the kana was アルトラ instead of アトラ. My mistake.
>>
>>135630735
Turns out she barely wrote anything beyond the concept for most of the episodes so far.
>>
>>135638712
Did you miss my posts?
You're actually agreeing with me here.
Because I said it's OK to shit on shows
What I said it's not OK is to shit on people for liking stuff , even if said stuff is bad
>>
>>135638830
>you jump from one thing to another with little justification
It goes in chronological order through the episode, you idiot.

>the fact that your pulling the high and mighty persona in response to criticsm
There has not been a single actual defense of the show in this thread.
>>
>>135637219
age and G-reco are easy targets but i just feel bad ragging on F91, i know its not a good movie but i cant help but feel it could of been a great series that we just never got.
>>
>>135638888
Nice numbers. Checked
>It goes in chronological order through the episode, you idiot.
It also looks like a shitty post in a forum like TVtropes
>>
>>135638829
>Can't actually make a point
>kek
Nice
>>
File: 1450651349923.jpg (591KB, 1012x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1450651349923.jpg
591KB, 1012x1480px
Can we just post best girl?
>>
>>135638723
I agree that Atra > Kike Hime but I wouldn't call her a good character, just a less shittier one. She's clearly the one we're supposed to sympathize the most here so her backstory has to be appropriately emotional.

What I disliked early on in the series was how some of the characters were seemingly short or weak because they were malnourished as children (would make sense looking at how Kudelia is gloriously plump and Atra is just this moe blob) but then you see some space rats that are inexplicably muscular and tall. So any sort of visual characterization going on just goes down the drain. Wasted opportunity.

>>135638875
I know. But you don't need to derail this thread any further.
>>
>>135638674
>Sorry for answering your question
But you didn't answer my question. You just said "I'm right because smart people say I'm right". That's actually a logical fallacy.
>>
>>135639082
Isn't that what you also did with your "writing standards" thing?
>>
>>135638943
>I didn't actually read the post
Ok.
>>
>>135638888
>It goes in chronological order through the episode, you idiot.
Ok anon you got me, i genuinely cant tell if this is bait or not but fuck it ill take it.
>you jump from one thing to another with little justification
Chronological order has nothing to fucking do with jumping from one thing to another without justification. You dont give justification for why things are bad you just say they are then move on immediately to a different complaint which also does the same, it makes your points jumbled and not flow, a critique is in fact always terrible if you follow it as the show goes through as overarching flaws should be viewed as isolated subjects only contrasting with other criticsms if they conflict with one another or mutually prove a single point ultimately meaning they are still in the same grouping.

AKA, your shitty rant is blogspot tier origination and is just a jumbled nonsensical mess that you could find in a fucking youtube comment.
>>
>>135638986
Exactly the kind of post I expected. I just know discussing with you is useless.
>>
File: 1391048073766.jpg (56KB, 517x656px) Image search: [Google]
1391048073766.jpg
56KB, 517x656px
>>135639030
She's one of the better characters, honestly. Because she is a child, you can excuse her immatureness and her one-dimensional personality. Also, she has a great chemistry with Macky and the Chocolate Man. At first I thought that I was going to hate her because muh loli but she has been consistently good in all her scenes. If only she could pass some of that magic to the rest of the cast, tough...

>>135639188
An opinion about anime in an online Tibetan tapestry webzone? Unthinkable!

Just address his points or fuck off, friend.
>>
>>135630735
I think your the right type of writer i want to write for our anime related articles, Kotaku would love to welcome you into the family.
>>
File: 1332534326804.png (42KB, 409x386px) Image search: [Google]
1332534326804.png
42KB, 409x386px
>this thread
>>
>>135639367 What fucking points, I'm criticizing how horribly strung together the crtiicsms are that ultimately there isnt any in the end and its just some dumbass venting on an online forum, the points hes making amount to subjectivity that cant be refuted simply cause refuting subjective based conclusions is a logical fallacy in and of itself, the problem there lies is OP is the one trying desperately to do exactly this. Maybe if he were actually making points there's be room for discussion here but there isnt, this is just some moron wanting attention for his shitty views, its nothing more than the quality of thatanimesnob, well ok no one is that autistic other than him but its in the same vein.
>>
>>135631496
The writting is on the nose at most points but i like characters and the story too much to really care all that much. Also OP is just a fag who cant feel real human emotion.
>>
>>135639120
Academic and critical standards developed by professionals throughout the ages are actual things that you can learn in school. The counsel of everyone with half a brain is not.
>>
>>135639035
Never said she was great, just that she's an actual person.

>Wasted opportunity.
Fujobait is more important than thematic consistency.
>>
I feel like IBO was that show everyone expected to be the next big trainwreck but just wound up being kind of ok so the stuff that would otherwise been a part of a big circle jerk like OP's comments only wind up feeling like grasping at straws.
>>
>>135639522
>every IBO thread
>>
>>135639651
And you accept what you learn in school because smart people say so.
Your argument and mine aren't any different
I mean, what If school is brainwashing you to prepare for the NWO and not question the system? Have you stopped to think about that?
>>
>>135639188
>i genuinely cant tell if this is bait or not but fuck it ill take it.
>It goes in chronological order throughout the episode
>jumps from one thing to another
No, it goes in a clearly defined order, you idiot.

>Chronological order has nothing to fucking do with jumping from one thing to another without justification
Yes it does, you fucking idiot.

>You dont give justification for why things are bad you just say they are
>point out lack of time between character introduction and death and the lack of time the audience has to grow any sort of attachment to them
>point out the ridiculous nature of talking up a long lost brother, then immediately stumbling into them
>point out horribly bi-polar characterization with no middle ground
>point out how a villain with no interactions with Mika suddenly surmises he likes killing people (significant character trait)
>point out that explaining a visual metaphor in a visual medium is retarded, because it defeats the purpose of being in a visual medium
>point out that the love triangle is born of contrived circumstances and out of character actions

>AKA, your shitty rant is blogspot tier origination and is just a jumbled nonsensical mess that you could find in a fucking youtube comment.
AKA you didn't read a single thing I said and just talked out of your ass without making a single fucking point.
>>
>>135639402
>Uh-oh, he called my favorite show shit and I can't actually explain why it's not!
>>
>>135639539
>the points hes making amount to subjectivity
That's objectively incorrect.

>>135639792
>And you accept what you learn in school because smart people say so.
If that's how you go through school then you're doing it wrong. School is supposed to teach you critical thinking and how to question what you're taught. If all you do is memorize what people tell you, then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>135639753
Everyone was expecting to be shit after the staff list was known but it's not like the show doesn't have flaws, some of which OP nailed down.
>>
>>135639991
Well, Memorizing shit is the only way to pass the exams. It's the only thing that works for me. Sit down and memorize.
>>
>>135640145
Also, you justified your "standards for writing" because "they teach them in school". Not much questioning of what you're taught from what I can see
Just "they taught it on school, so it must be correct"
>>
>>135640145
Then your teachers are shit.

>>135640230
>"they teach them in school"
School introduces a wide variety of ideas and different ways of looking at things. They give you tools and basic information, and it's up to you to interpret and apply it to whatever you're doing. No one person was right about everything, but surveying the opinions of countless people through the ages and looking for trends in how they think, and then trying to figure out the common link between them is how standards in writing and art are developed. Patter recognition and analysis permeates everything people do, if you can't look for that stuff on your own, then you probably weren't learning much.
>>
>>135639991
Most educational systems only teach you to memorize and regurgitate information. It's practically the standard up until University where you're given a bit more liberty and encouraged to challenge material and even then that's only in some classes like sociology and polisci.

Memorization is the standard for most forms of learning across the world. This isn't alien in any way and questioning whether 2 + 2 really equals 4 serves him no benefit until he's at a platform that allows and openly entertains that.

How did this get so far away from criticizing a childs toy commercial, again?
>>
>>135640388
>How did this get so far away from criticizing a childs toy commercial, again?
"How and why do standards exist?"

Read the thread. Not a single person who likes the show actually addressed any of the points in the OP. One guy tried to, and by that I mean he said "Your post doesn't make sense" without addressing any of them. And let's not kid ourselves, Gundam is serious business.
>>
>>135640481
>Gundam is serious business
Remember that time Yazan put the death grip on his subordinates nutsacks in Zeta gundam?
>>
>>135640363
It's cool you have such a great educational system. Here in Spain, it's all about memroizing stuff and puking it in exams. That's how you pass. Challenging it and stuff like that is a waste of time that could be better spent doing homework or memorizing some more
>>
>>135640624
I do. Remember the Hong Kong sex tape Kamille lent to Saegusa and Torres?
>>
>>135640633
I'm sorry for you? I can't speak to your schools, but most people here, even at the university level, don't really learn anything. It's all what you put into it, and even then a lot of classes will only teach you the bare minimum of something, and any REAL learning is done on your own outside the classroom. If none of your schools afford you the opportunity to even form some general curiosity on your own that spurs you on to learn things on your own time (because now with the internet anyone can learn anything if they want to) then that genuinely sucks.
>>
File: 005.jpg (305KB, 640x927px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
305KB, 640x927px
FUMITAN
>>
File: 2.jpg (58KB, 946x717px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
58KB, 946x717px
>Thread derailed into school and education system

Fucking /m/orons and their forced meme

G-recturd sucks.
There, I said it.
It's a trainwreck of a show full of incoherent dialogues and weirdo characters. Also, the ending seals the deal on how shit G-recturd is.

IBO OST when?
>>
>>135638120

That was also kind of the beginning of the great TV silence from Sunrise. Since then no real new TV series of note besides Gundam. Apparently they have some projects for this year though.
>>
>>135630735
>Bwuaaaaa! I don't like this show if you like you have shit taste! ;__;
>>
>>135638233

Copypasta or not the anime fanbase has gotten significantly more douchebaggy in the last couple years.
>>
>>135642963
>Wahhh I wanna shitpost instead of talking about anime!
>>
>>135643107
>waaah I'm gonna reply to every post that doesn't agree with me
>>
>>135630735
IBO was promising, too bad it became shit with the "hurr we need to deliver cuckdelia to earth" namekian arc
>>
>>135639764

Unfortunately this is just the Gundam cycle repeating itself as usual but just a little offset a couple of months. Basically it's like this:

-Sunrise teases a Gundam show
-Fans speculate on whether it'll be AU or UC
-Information starts to come out including scans and staff listings
-People flip their shit because a) it either looks too much like another entry in the franchise or too far out there b) the designs are "kiddie" or "shit" c) One of the staff members worked on a bad show at some point in their career d) all of the above
-Show comes out, early reactions are slightly more positive
-About a month or two into the show things are still settling in and people start to nitpick shit and find stuff they don't like about it and shitposters catch wind and cleverly focus people exclusively on those negatives for the rest of the shows run making sure to get in there as early as possible and shitpost any and every attempt at discussion as early as possible so as to set the topic for the week over something stupid.
-As a result of all the shitposting and complaining people ultimately stop watching the show with any intention except to shitpost and complain constantly and the show ultimately ends up being labelled the absolute worst thing to ever happen to Gundam if not the absolute worst show ever made period
-Show ends, Sunrise/Bandai reports that it was a success and made tons of money for them in their annual reports and it generally seems popular enough but shitposters hammer on the idea that it is in fact the worst show ever made and a total flop that will result in the end of the franchise
-8-10 months later Sunrise teases the next new Gundam series at which point the prior one becomes an instant and fondly remembered classic so as to better serve as a counterpoint to compare the new one too unfavorably in shitposting even though people were shitposting and calling that show the worst thing ever barely a year ago and thus the cycle begins anew.
>>
>>135643107

Unfortunately how it goes for Gundam for like the entire 21st century so far and I knew this was going to happen without an actual episode to discuss this week and just how the shitposting has been gearing up for this show with the slower paced space arc. At least it's pretty much only 4chan that's doing this with it right now though and people that probably aren't watching it anyway
>>
File: 028.jpg (145KB, 640x934px) Image search: [Google]
028.jpg
145KB, 640x934px
Oh my Orga~

Atleast the /ss/ doujins gonna be gud.
>>
I liked the first few episodes but it quickly went to shit and the plot is going nowhere.
>>
Maybe I'll like it more this season since there are no other better mecha airing.

Probably.
>>
>>135643340
>Wahh I like shitposting!

>>135643941
>At least it's pretty much only 4chan that's doing this with it right now
>Going to other sites
Why?
>>
>>135644776
>>Wahh I like shitposting!
>Doesn't agree with me
>call it shitposting
>>
>>135644150
Jesus Fucking Christ, you're right.

That's sad.
>>
It's boring, there's no other issue with it.
>>
>>135644988
>Go into a thread about anime
>Don't actually talk about anime, just greentext inane complaints
Yes, that's shitposting.
>>
>>135644150
There are other mecha shows airing this season.
>>
>>135645100
>makes a thread on /a/ complaining like a baby
>gets called on
>replies to every post callling them shitpost
You're worse than them faggot
>>
>>135645174
>Write off actual discussion because you're a faggot
>Shitpost
>"no u"
Ok.
>>
>>135645269
See? You're acting like a baby. You're just proving them right.
>>
>>135645336
I'm not OP, you're just a shitposting idiot. I haven't seen anyone try to discuss the show at all, it's literally just retards crying because someone made them feel stupid for liking a shitty anime. You're actually an idiot.
>>
>>135645407
>literally just retards crying because someone made them feel stupid for liking a shitty anime.
Says the shitposter whining like a baby.

Yeah, fuck off.
>>
>>135645438
>Says the shitposter whining like a baby.
Yes, that's what you're doing. So are you going to refute anything said about the show or continue to make non-specific complaints like a fucking retard?
>>
>>135644082
>seize: 5.6 MB
>everyfucking time pop9
>>
File: Wild ride.jpg (692KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
Wild ride.jpg
692KB, 553x936px
>>135630735
Two problems with the current developmen. Yes, it was a bad move but you see people doing drawings for Gut's little brother. I like Okada, I'm enjoying Iron Blooded Orphans as much as I can. Well, if certain anon diagnoses everyone at being retarded to like some writer her must be on a thing.
>>
File: 1447791267314.jpg (42KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1447791267314.jpg
42KB, 599x337px
If atra dies im fucking dropping this pile
>>
>>135645716
How does Orga's helmet works with that thing on his hair?
>>
>mfw the most reasonable explanation about Okada being shit is on a fucking WIXOSS a show from 2014 instead of being the answer in this thread.
Seriously guys, work harder.
>>
>>135645626
Can you type that again in coherent English?
>>
>>135645772
>Drama coming from contrived developments
>No pacing
>Literally telling ideas instead of showing them
>Having characters act as plot devices or punching bags instead of people that think and feel on their own
Her shit writing is well documented, what the hell are you talking about?
>>
Good god. It's like you guys only just started watching anime, or any piece of fiction for that matter. Okada and IBO have flaws but none that actually cripple the show like some people make it out to have or aren't present in the majority of fiction.

And goddamn OP, do you not get the distinction between characterization, narrative and plot? I mean come on man, that whole second part of your post basically boils down to "WHY DIDN'T ATRA FIND AND COMFORT MIKA FIRST!?" to which I'll say useless jew princess has less to do and is more likely to be out in the halls while Atra spends time cooking in the kitchen.
>>
>>135633026
IBO is garbage. Nothing new here.
>>
>>135646325
>Nonspecific complaints and generalizations about the people watching
>Characterization, narrative and plot don't need to complement each other and ideas don't need to flow naturally between them
>Don't touch at all on how actions were out of character for the sole sake of perpetuating a love triangle
3/10 is the best I can give you. You might fool a couple of idiots into thinking you have any idea what you're talking about given that your sentences are complete and coherent, but anyone who actually reads them will quickly realize you didn't actually make a point and just tried saying "Well lots of things are shit so it's ok."

Mari Okada is a fucking hack. Why have no Okadafags actually been able to even pretend to defend her writing, and instead fall back on trying to debase all other writing?
>>
>writer is shit you shouldn't watch this
Says who?
>>
>>135646510
fuck off reddit
>>
>>135646359
So is G-reco.
>>
>>135643651
>8-10 months later Sunrise teases the next new Gundam series at which point the prior one becomes an instant and fondly remembered classic so as to better serve as a counterpoint to compare the new one too unfavorably in shitposting even though people were shitposting and calling that show the worst thing ever barely a year ago and thus the cycle begins anew.

It's weird as that is actually happening to AGE right now, and AGE actually had some legitimate problems and did do poorly sales wise.
>>
>>135646628
>Complete sentences and a post of actual substance is reddit
Fuck off, /v/.
>>
>>135646510
>this thread
I'd mind but this thread is cancer.
>>
>>135646682
How does IBO sales went?

Is it true the anime staff promised a time skip and bishonen Mika to keep fujos back up?
>>
>>135646695
You're right. The Okadafags have just been screaming at the top of their lungs about how their taste simply can't be shit because it's subjective.
>>
>>135646759
>Okadafags
They're just gundamfags taking it what they have.
>>
>>135646826
No it's not, the Gundamfags hate IBO. It's the Okada casuals who love it.
>>
>>135646882
>I am the speaker of all gundamfags, hear me roar.
>>
File: Mari Okada - Classy.png (286KB, 199x828px) Image search: [Google]
Mari Okada - Classy.png
286KB, 199x828px
I find this thread hilarous, but these will calm with Kiznaiver which is shaping to be the most shitposted threads of 2016. I can see it happening.
>>
>>135646918
>Check /m/, the only western fanbase that actually watches Gundam
>Check 2ch, the biggest collection of Japanese anime fans
Yeah, it's a pretty good survey. Most of the Gundamfags hate it.
>>
>>135646882
I hated M3 Sono Kuroki Hagane. It was legitimate shit, that is what IBO would be with a faggot of a director who literally admits letting the writer do the show.

I hated the wasted potential of resources from PA Works and the clusterfuck that was Nagi no Asukara.

Aquarion EVOL went to the trash bin with its second half.

Yet I'm fine with this show. I'm no Okadafag.
>>
>>135646682
What? All I've seen are mainly variations of people going VOGONS ARE SCUM AND SHOULD BE EXTERMINATED/ FLIT WAS RIGHT.

That's quite a far cry from fondly remembered.
>>
>>135646732
A bit less than 10k, albeit being sold at half-price bundled with a promo code for a game.
>>
>>135646940
I pity Trigger, but I hope the director(who was it?) will be like Nagai and tell Okada to fuck off.
>>
>>135647137
>Yet I'm fine with this show.
I guess there will always be a market for shitty melodrama and hamfisted exposition.
>>
>>135647182
I've been seeing more and more people saying "It wasn't that bad", or "It was good except for the end", and similar, more positive things about it recently, especially in IBO threads.
>>
>>135646510
And your pedantic point is that Okada's not perfect. Nobody's perfect. Nobody expects Okada to be perfect or to roll out masterpieces. She's cute and she's written some good stuff and some bad so why are you blaring out at strangers that she's a terrible writer as if there aren't tons more out there worse than her?
>>
>>135647262
Is this post a joke or are you actually that stupid?
>>
Let's be honest SEED is way better than this shit. All they do is talk, and Orga closes one of his eyes
>>
>>135647410
>Orga closes one of his eyes
Is there a reason for that or does some animator think it actually looks cool?
>>
File: 1451228140612.png (273KB, 469x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451228140612.png
273KB, 469x480px
>Launch the flowers, someone says "They went out already."
This irked me the most really.
It was completely unnecessary to have them actually go out and explain the whole damn thing.

I don't think this show is outright bad but it definitely runs into typical anime writing mistakes
>>
>>135647209
Then why AGE and Regco flopped?
>>
>>135647484
Different kinds of garbage.
>>
>>135647461
Have you ever consider the air schudle?

>>135647262
You are just taking the bait. There shitposters here won't read your arguments. Just wait for a new thread or drop into a proxy Okada thread so you can shit on her as much as you want.
>>
>>135647461
>I don't think this show is outright bad but it definitely runs into typical anime writing mistakes
It does almost all of the worst ones at once, without doing anything really well. It's bad.
>>
>>135647556
Being a kids show doesn't excuse something from being bad.
Kids should be shown good things not bad things.
>>
I literally can't wait for the ones spotting writing fails in the episodes get a job in the anime industry as writers so I can watch their masterpie—
>>
>>135647766
Who am I to determinate what is good and bad to a foreign audience?
>>
>>135646325
Atrafags are cancer. I don't get why they were getting their hopes up so much to begin with. Please don't post that mid season kiss means death again.
>>
>>135647771
>You have to be a producer of something to critique it
Do you eat dogshit because you're not a chef?
>>
>>135648449
>If you have something to critique it do it only on the writer
Do you post dogshit because you are illiterate on how the industry works?
>>
File: wat.png (258KB, 549x560px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
258KB, 549x560px
>>135648408
>Atrafags
>>
>>135648520
>Talk about problems with the writing
>Blame the writer
The mech designs aren't shit, the music isn't shot, the scene composition isn't shit, the battles range from meh to pretty good, the voice acting is good, there aren't many animation errors.

The problems lie almost entirely with the writing, so the writer gets blamed.
>>
>>135634560
that's actually pretty good
>>
I don't know man. I just like this show. After 5-6 mecha anime that's kinda disappointing. Finally I found something I can really enjoy and don't have anything to bitch about.

- Valvrave S1 was great but then s2 happened (also I'm a shokofag)
- Argevollen was boring
- Aldnoah just like valvrave, killed by s2
- Daimidaler was too random
- GBFT was not as good as GBF
- reco was unwatchable, also toilet joke, retard brown girl, retard human interaction, goldfish shit, toilet joke and more

I'm not a mech anime fan, just anime fan and I think that IBO is a good show all around.
>>
>>135630735
Pretty much every anime I've seen that uses symbolism does this exact same shit. You are bitching about 1 retarded example in an industry known for doing retarded shit like this. Just face it, anime at best has a handful of writers that aren't completely retarded, and the ones that aren't are only half retarded.

Okada is just 3/4 retarded instead of full.
>>
File: Mari Okada - Wixoss.png (771KB, 930x618px) Image search: [Google]
Mari Okada - Wixoss.png
771KB, 930x618px
>>135647137
>I hated M3 Sono Kuroki Hagane. It was legitimate shit, that is what IBO would be with a faggot of a director who literally admits letting the writer do the show.
>I hated the wasted potential of resources from PA Works and the clusterfuck that was Nagi no Asukara
I share these feelings, despite of everything I still like Okada and look forward for her shows.
>>
>>135648732
Shit I forgot something.

Cross Ange was kinda okay.
>>
>>135648732
>I watched a bunch of shit so I like this one.
Ok.

>>135648748
>Pretty much every anime I've seen that uses symbolism does this exact same shit.
That's not true. Only LN battle academy haremshit go that full fucking retard with shit exposition.

>Okada is just 3/4 retarded instead of full.
No she's full. She doesn't do anything well. The only good works she's done were adaptations where she didn't change much of the source material.
>>
>>135648732
>Not watching Fafner
>>
>>135648808
Anime spells its shit out to the audience constantly, with very few exceptions.

If you seriously think anime has an ounce of subtlety in its bones you are delusional.
>>
>>135648817
I didn't watch the first one.
>>
>>135648906
How many other shows are as egregiously offensive about it that just aired that aren't LNshit?
>>
>>135642975
What the fuck do you expect? People start pandering this subjectivist BS because they are either new to anime or are just defensive about the stuff they watch because God fucking forbid they actually enjoy crap. It's not about /a/ being douchy or not, it's about having standards and not poisoning the community with subjectivist mentality. Truth is the pasta is wrong, completely wrong, there is such a thing as shit taste.
>>
>>135633526
>Whining about CCA
>Char
Really you should try to understand Char's motives or at least pay attention to what you watch anon.
>>
>>135649989
Pretty much this.
>>
>>135648732
Daimidaler was EPIC.
>>
>>135633526
People like you are exactly why the typical anime needs plenty of detailed exposition to explain literally exactly what's going so you don't get lost on things like stories and character motivation.

Let me introduce a new word to your vocabulary:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sardonic

He was being sardonic. The whole point of Char as a character is that he is massive liar, both to others as well as to himself. Tomino's dialogues are far from perfect but the example you brought up was less Tomino being bad, but more on you failing high school literature.
>>
I like earlier on people were saying
>Okada's not writing this, she barely has any influence.

Now that there's some things "happening" people are going
>Wow I can't believe how shit Okada is

You guys need to make up your fucking mind
>>
>>135651065
Daimidaler episode 6 was the single best episode of mech anime to come out that year.
>>
>>135651339
>Okada credited with writing the series
>The series is now full of her trademarked shitty melodrama and bad exposition, topped off with shitty dialog
Is there a problem with blaming her?
>>
>>135645563
wut
>>
File: 1451660382885.jpg (189KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1451660382885.jpg
189KB, 1024x768px
>>135630735
The answer to that is fucking easy. Easy as hell.

Despite all you say about hating Okada and the one who liked it is a retard, it means you:
WATCH Okada's show

CONTRIBUTE about what's wrong with Okada's

POPULARIZE by posting about it

That reaction, will chain. The chain will makes the other that don't know into knowing it by watching. They like it? they share it to other people. The hate it just like you? Then that means, they:
WATCH
CONTRIBUTE
POPULARIZE Okada's works.

See, what I mean? What you're doing is exactly why OKADA KEEP GETTING WORK, and that's what Okada want.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>135651902
ESLfag please stop rambling incoherently.
>>
>>135651949
Ok, let me rephrase it for you:

The answer to that is fucking easy.
Easy as hell.

Despite all you say about hating Okada and the one who liked it is a retard, it means you:
WATCH Okada's show
CONTRIBUTE about what's wrong with Okada's
POPULARIZE by posting about it

That reaction, will chain. The chain will makes the other that don't know into knowing it by watching. They like it? they share it to other people. The hate it just like you? Then that means, they:
WATCH
CONTRIBUTE
POPULARIZE Okada's works.

See, what I mean? What you're doing is exactly why OKADA KEEP GETTING WORK, and that's what Okada want.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>135652057
>WATCH Okada's show
I watch Gundam. She's just unfortunately writing it.

>CONTRIBUTE about what's wrong with Okada's
Contribute to a niche community of people that are already watching it.

>POPULARIZE by posting about it
If people who aren't watching it read nothing but negative comments about it, they're less likely to watch it. Nobody thinks "Well this is riddled with bad writing based on what I've read, I should watch it." On top of that, none of us are buying BDs, merch, CDs etc, so none of this actually helps her get work.

Hope that helps.
>>
I feel more offended by the artificial gravity generators than the aliens in 00.
>>
I'm more offended by the shitposters.
>>
As if the screenplays for other Gundams are any better. Just take a look at any UC show. All Gundams have stilted writing.
>>
>>135653098
>Sure this is shit
>But so is this!
>>
File: 1449356797027.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
1449356797027.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>135648732
>Valvrave S1 was great
>Aldnoah was just like valvrave
>killed by S2
>>
At least we had a nice break from hatejerk last week.
>>
>>135654674
>hatejerk
It's inevitable when the show gets worse every week.
>>
>>135630735
I like the show.
>>
>>135654708
I like the show.
>>
>>135654790
>>135654822
I'm sorry to hear about your mental disability.
>>
>>135644082
> Oh my Orga
More like Discount Kamina.
>>
>>135654841
Thanks in advance doctor.
>>
>>135654876
I never said I was going to provide medical care. Your parents are stuck making sure you don't choke on legos, not me.
>>
>>135649053
Nothing stopped you from watching the first one instead of all the ones you said were shit.
>>
>>135654926
He likes IBO, so I'm sure his crippling retardation makes it hard to do a lot of things.
>>
>>135630735
>>Literally shows up next episode to be an angsty shit and then immediately dies as if we're supposed to give a shit
This happens in every god damn series.
>>
>>135630735
>If you like Okada, you're actually retarded.
I'm a Misogynist: The Post

Okada is one of the most talented writers of our generation, a literal visionary. Anyone who disagrees is from /v/.
>>
>>135655542
I know you're trying to make a point about hyperbole, but the analysis of her writing being shit is spot on.

>You're a misogynist
I fucking love Arakawa.
>>
>>135633526
Oh wow, It's either you are an idiot, shitposter or a having mental disabilities.

but lemme spoonfed you for that scene in CCA just because of your level of intellect can't comprehend basic storytelling.
>CCA
>Quess get slapped because she's an annoying little cunt.
It was said by Nanai that Ques wearing thin clothing and most men in the Rewloola are on high combat alert and most of em are on the edge. Or in other words, they could fucking raped Quess. That's why Nanai ask Quess to behave and she's being a cunt she is get slapped because of it. But because of your tiny anglo brain can't understand or think you might get lost during this simple conversation.

>She's so mad she goes off her mech without an helmet
Don't even need helmet broski, but she did go to space without the Normal Suit.

>She gets into Char's unit and starts whining
So you have a problem when Char is lying? kek
>>
ITT: Jobless autist masturbating.
>>
>>135658797
>OP bumping it from page 10
Kill yourself you fucking cancerous autistic faggot
>>
>>135658797
>Bumping a dead thread because you aren't done shitposting
Still waiting on someone to explain how Okada isn't a hack.

Oh, and lots of us are on paid vacation. That's what happens when you have a real job.
>>
Only shipperfags actually defend this piece of shit because they got what they wanted last episode
>>
>>135659280
Who the hell shipped the character with no personality or meaningful interactions with Mika?
>>
File: uchiuchi keyaki 46b9d.jpg (399KB, 800x949px) Image search: [Google]
uchiuchi keyaki 46b9d.jpg
399KB, 800x949px
>>135630735
I'm only watching it because it's Gundam. Fuck my autism, fuck Sunrise and fuck Okada.
>>
>>135659444
A bunch of people in the threads after the episode aired

They were trying to justify how it wasn't forced at all and how Mika and Kudelia actually have personalities
>>
>>135633526
Are you stupid enough to have missed the very obvious, being that Char is the biggest hypocrite in the universe?
>>
>>135659706
>I'm only watching it because it's Gundam.
Same here.
>>
>>135659280
I actually didn't think IBO had shippers on board until last episode final minute and suddenly people found something to talk about. By talk about I mean spamming ATRAFAGS BTFO
>>
>>135659719
>Mika and Kudelia actually have personalities
Mika has a shitty one, but it's there. Kudelia doesn't have one at all.

>>135659763
>By talk about I mean spamming ATRAFAGS BTFO
Per usual, the only people who enjoy Okada shows are the blind shitposters. Those guys always win.
>>
>>135659719
>Mika and Kudelia actually have personalities
>>
File: captain planet-hoggish_greedly.jpg (54KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
captain planet-hoggish_greedly.jpg
54KB, 640x368px
>>135630735
>Everyone they run into is either a super honarable space gangster or a caricature of an NTR villain with no middle ground
That one is triggering me hard. It's like watching those shitty saturday morning cartoons.
>>
>>135660184
I thought your thumbnail was an actual screencap from IBO.
>>
>>135630735
>show because it's Gundam and it has handdrawn mechs
Kek what a faggot

I'm not much better, since I like Okada and Gundam.
I gave up around episode 10, I still watch it but only out of obligation.

Fafner was better
>>
File: 36.png (820KB, 929x673px) Image search: [Google]
36.png
820KB, 929x673px
>>135642450
I want to thanks IBO and Okada for all the new /ss/ doujins and artworks with Fumitan on pixiv. Can't stop masturbating.
>>
>>135642450
Is that orphan wearing a randoseru?
>>
>>135660184

This is something that is getting much worse overall in both animation,manga,movies etc. It's either SASUGA FOR READING MY MOVES MY DEAR ENEMY

or some raging rampagning yelling comically incompetent fucking psyco lunatic

sheesh
>>
>>135659706
This. I don't understand that how we're supposedly contributing to Okada by simply watching the show. I can be a fanboy and also recognize the fact that this particular iteration sucks. By no means is it the worse Gundam I've seen but it definitely is not one of the best ones.
>>
File: FUMITAN.jpg (415KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FUMITAN.jpg
415KB, 1024x1280px
>>135642450

ADOMOSU
>>
>>135633338
He's plain irresponsible. He's making children to many of his haremettes but you can easily tell he's no spending any time raising them himself. One of his kids will put a bullet in his head later on, unless one angry haremette does it before, if he doesn't die by the end of the show.
>>
File: 1348836872019.gif (799KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1348836872019.gif
799KB, 320x240px
>>135633843
>>135633910
>OP actually provides his criticism of IBO with arguments
>idiots will complain that it's blogshit
>>
>>135663941
That ain't criticism

OP's just whining and bitching and moaning because no one gives two shits about his autistic ridden show aka Aldnoah.Zero
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.