[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never forget the Kokoro Connect incident It wasn't a simple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (20KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 225x350px
Never forget the Kokoro Connect incident

It wasn't a simple prank, they literally ruined this newbie's career before it even started
>>
There's still so many thing I haven't understood of this. Why did they choose this Ichiki guy? And who the hell thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>135593248
I doubt they ruined anything.
>>
>>135593450
I guess it was some retard producer who thought it would be good publicity.
>>
What happened?
>>
>not being able to handle the bantz
It was just a prunk bro
>>
Don't give a fuck about him. Only care for Eri Kitamura-sama
>>
>>135593719
>http://wakarimasenlol.com/2012/09/04/the-kokoro-connect-bullying-incident/

>The incident, or “prank” as it’s known was planned by one Yamanaka Takahiro, a bigshot at Kings Record, and the producer for the Kokoro Connect series. The victim was one Mitsuhiro Ichiki (pictured above), an aspiring voice actor. In the spirit of dokkiri (どっきり – practical joke), Ichiki was offered a role of an original character in Kokoro Connect and was asked to come for an audition two months ago. The audition was recorded with variouss hidden camera (Dokkiri itself stems from どっきりカメラ aka Surprise Camera) with Ichiki being told to voice various lines as loudly as he could

>During a promo event for Kokoro Connect, Ichiki was invited to come on stage, without being told why. Expecting to hear an announcement of his original character, instead he was shown a spliced, edited video of his audition, told that it was all a prank, and was forced to become Kokoro Connect’s PR. The event was shown live on NicoNico and also Ustream, and throughout, he was ridiculed by the “official” seiyuus, Terashima Takuma, Mizushima Takahiro and Oogame Asuka.

>So what happened? Kokoro Connect took quite a large hit. The official radio show was canned (as the image above announced). Pre-orders from the Blu-Ray dropped and many went to Amazon and gave bad reviews for the series, meaning much more sale lost. 2ch also started to boycott the anime and won’t stop until Yamanaka resign.
>>
>>135594002
Maybe it'd be more laughable if this was done to Hanazawa Kana or somebody with an abundance of work, instead of a nobody desperate for a role.
>>
He wasn't a rookie. He had side character roles and was the the MC of Freezing before that happened. at least they gave him a role after the whole thing leaked out.

Also, based Sugita giving Terashima the cold shoulder on that show was fucking great.
>>
>>135594002
who the fuck thought this was ok?
>>
>>135593248
He wasn't newbie, he voiced Magikano's MC years ago
>>
>>135594396
He's had very few roles in general
>>
>>135594002
Well, at least some of the nips knew better and punished them by not buying the thing.
>>
>>135594002
>The official radio show was canned (as the image above announced). Pre-orders from the Blu-Ray dropped and many went to Amazon and gave bad reviews for the series, meaning much more sale lost.
Kinda makes me feel sorry for Kokoro Connect's creator, Sadanatsu Anda, too. His novels are now forever associated with this stupidity.
>>
>>135593248
SEIYUU PRANK 2012 GONE WRONG GONE SEXUAL
>>
>>135594616
Otakus can be more alpha than the average jap when jimmies are rustled.
>>
Didn't /a/ send photos of their penises to Eri Kitamura's twitter?
>>
>>135593719
GAIJIN GLORY
>>
>>135596526
Yes. She had nothing to do with it by the way.
>>
>>135596467
>Otaku
>Alpha

More like cowards harrassing people behind a computer screen.
>>
>>135594002
Kanemoto Hisako was also involved.
>>
>>135596606
Like you gay boy?
>>
>>135596584
Then why did they do it?
>>
>>135596667
http://pastebin.com/EvntSeCV
>Kitamura Eri was not involved with the bullying, but some individuals on 4chan's /a/ took it to spam her Twitter with images of their penises with other hateful comments as someone spread false rumors that Kitamura was dating the producer and that hurting her would somehow hurt the producer.
>>
>>135596667
/a/ can't read japanese
/a/ is very gullible
/a/ likes to shove their dicks on peoples' faces
I think that's it.
>>
>>135596740
>f/a/ggots being retarded twats

Literally worse than /b/
>>
>>135594002
>Things are not so well across the Atlantic (or Pacific? I dunno, all seas are the same) when 4chan’s /a/ board overreacted and started spamming Kitamura Eri’s twitter account with pictures of penises. This was due to an unconfirmed rumour that KitaEro is the girlfriend of Yamanaka, and decided to punish her, for some reason.
>>
Kokoro Ijimect thread?

OH NO SOME RANDOM FAGGOTS SENT HER EIGHT PICTURES OF THEIR PENISES, THIS MEANS THAT /a/ IS TOTAL SHIT APOLOGIZE NOW YOU SCUMBAGS

EIGHT FUCKING PENISES
OUT OF THOUSANDS OF ANONS
EIGHT

I MEAN LIKE HOLY SHIT
THAT'S LIKE ONE PENIS AND AN ADDITIONAL SEVEN
EIGHT WHITE, UNCENSORED DONGS
THIS IS BIG NEWS

I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER FIVE THREADS ABOUT IT
EIGHT COCKS
EIGHT FUCKING PECKER YOU GUYS

YOU GUYS
PEOPLE SENT HER
EIGHT
FUCKING
DICKS

HOLY TITFUCKING SHITFUCKS
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 225x350px
This faggot was the main victim of the fans, and he was forced to close his twitter account.

Hisako Kanemoto was also involved.
>>
>>135596842
In a row?
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 225x350px
>>135596881
This guy also apparently also laughed at the victim when the prank was exposed. Ironically, this wasn't the only guy he fucked over.

According to rumors, he sucked David's cock for the role of Josuke in the Part 4 of the Jojo anime, stealing the role from Wataru Hatano and forcing him into depression.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 225x350px
>>135597055
Here's a little story about the life of Wataru Hatano

>forced to play fujo roles his whole life
>his own mother mentally pushes him to make more money from fujo roles, preferably being the uke
>sells drama CDs of her son getting raped everywhere, including her workplace
>embarassed on daily basis
>his only love was JoJo
>JoJo made him forget about others literally raping him in fujo
>his favourite part is 4
>his favourite character is Josuke
>got offered to voice Josuke in several medias
>happy like never before
>finally doesn't have to get taken up the ass for fujobucks
>based Sugita bought him a Josuke shirt and told him he is the best Josuke there could ever be
>didn't even get paid much for Josuke roles in games, just happy he could voice him
>suddenly
>Diamond is Unbreakable animu announced
>Wataru gets call
>he picks up
>it's fucking David
>they tell him he is not getting the role
>role won by a guy who probably sucked producer's dick
>mentally devastated
>dude is legit crying because of it
>back to fujo hell after Eyes of Heaven, starting with Arslan
>even took role of Metal Bat in OPM just because he looks like Josuke
>just to be Josuke again
>OPM is ending next week, no S2 in sight
>he is an empty shell now
>>
>>135597118
I bet my ass Yuuki Kaji gets fucked by sound directors all the time. Fuck him.
>>
>>135596842
It wasn't theirs. Unless they borrowed somewhere electron microscope to take the pictures.

And as for the question, why did they actually had images of cocks in their computers, go figure.
>>
>>135597334
>And as for the question, why did they actually had images of cocks in their computers, go figure.

Do you guys not have an emergency dickpic stash? Is that weird?
>>
>>135597521
In folders. Skin colour, level of erection, then size.
>>
>>135596881
Good thing he still gets roles, I liked his Roman last season
>>
>>135597118
>>135597055
I didn't know that; that's pretty depressing.

Sadly, that's how the world works. No matter how hardworking, skilled or passionate you're for something, you're always going to be fired or shafted in favor of the boss' friend / bootlicker.
>>
>>135597641
With black going first, right?
>>
>>135593248
At least he has Touken Ranbu.
>>
>>135597118
Can I get a source on this?
>>
>>135593248
How can I forget? It was the day 4chan had nearly ruined an innocent VA's career because of their irrational hate-boner.
>>
>>135594616
That sure showed them.

Estimate for sales might have been around 8k, but it still managed to reach the Manabi line regardless, which compared to some other shows, that didn't have to deal with a scandal, or some "boycott" whatsoever, didn't seems like complete failure to me.

Also It wasn't until the last year, that Yamanaka got transferred to different position, and only notable result is poor Kitamura Eri left "alone in the dark". Kanemoto and Terashima don't seems to be affected in any way at all.
>>
File: 1450905700801.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1450905700801.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>135597118
Every time
I know this is bullshit, but still
>>
>>135593248

And no one has since been hindered by this, except that guy
>>
>>135593248

Yet Hisako Kanemoto and Takuma Terashima continue to get plenty of roles to this day. It's not the first time that anime scene people, particularly producers like that King Record guy reveal themselves to be super shitty people. I'm just surprised they were willing to be that open about it and they all totally thought it was a great publicity idea anywhere in the world let alone in Japan. This is just another one of many reasons why anime is seen as the lowest on the entertainment media totem poll by mainstream Japan, they figure it's for criminals, social rejects and people that can't make it in the regular and professionally demanding Japanese business world where major importance is placed on personal conduct, behavior and respect.
>>
>>135598042
>I know this is bullshit
I've bad news for you.
>>
>>135598265
To be fair I don't think it's any better in the rest of Japanese show business, or maybe even show business generally in the world.
>>
>>135596526

Provided the opportunity /a/ will always manage to make itself look like and pretty much actually the worst party involved in any situation. It's like a badge of honor. Pretty impressive to top "hey lets hook this guy up to a shock machine and just shit all over him".
>>
>>135598002

The show was stuffed to the brim with popular seiyuu and backed heavily by King Record, it wasn't bombing outright even with the scandal.
>>
>>135597118
Wow he still gets to make all that money though. Boo hoo
>>
This shit was supposed to be two cour.
>>
>>135593248
>ruined his career

He's a prominent character in BlazBlue. I think he'll be fine.
>>
Should I watch the anime or read the manga?
I see everybody here talking about the anime, but to be honest I don't have time to watch 100 anime episodes. 170 chapter I can manage.
>>
>>135593860
>prunk
>on a newbie
>wishing to start a career on the thing he probably loved
Yeah, let's all be smiles because it's just a prank.
>>
>>135598324

In a lot of cases it's not. You should read up on a guy named Yasushi akimoto the guy that produces all those AKB48 groups and see some of the shit he says about his career, place in music and how the girls are like his puppet strings and how clearly he just does not give a single shit about them beyond being pawns with which to line his pockets and exploit fans with. The guys undoubtedly a crafty fellow that found a niche and cultivated it into the biggest success story in the history of Japanese music, a scene which he now utterly dominates and has totally stagnated outside of the Johnny's groups, but he's also a truly awful human being.

Nowadays the Japanese music scene is an absolute homogenized wasteland that hasn't seen a major change or fresh movement in almost a decade and anime is getting there too now that it's started to copy a lot of the sorts of techniques Akimoto used to get around having to field music acts that feature actual talent. Just go for the obsessive lonely type looking for pretty girls and fluff, it's way more lucrative than trying to run a legitimate act and challenge the mainstream critics.
>>
>>135598265
Any show business/entertainment industry in the world have this kind of problem.
>>
>>135598719
Akimoto's real triumph was to somehow get female normalfags into idolshit and pretty much act like the stereotypical wota but with better hygiene. Thinking about it, the otaku animes that made it on the mainstream on the last years, K-on and Love Live, have a large female normalfag following. I have a bad feeling about this
>>
>>135598265
>they figure it's for criminals, social rejects and people that can't make it in the regular and professionally demanding Japanese business world where major importance is placed on personal conduct, behavior and respect.
I never knew working on anime was perceived as being for criminals.
>>
>>135599032
It has been like that since that case of the serial killer who happen to be an otaku.
>>
>>135594002
>Two years ago, there was an event for the anime "Oniichan no Koto Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!"
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201010/28035135.html

>Producer Yamanaka, VAs Kitamura Eri and Mitsuhiro Ichiki were at this event
I knew about the KC prank, but the producer had already bullied the guy two years before it? What did he have against the poor dude?
>>
I remember watching the video. Dude was crushed.
>>
>>135598654
If you're talking about Jojo, read the manga. It's great.
>>
>>135599119
>One serial killer is an otaku
>Draw conclusions about all otaku culture fans
Jap logic
>>
>>135593248

I'm never going to forget or forgive it, but that's mostly because it caused season two never.
>>
>>135599206
At least the Japs have something to substantiate their fears. All the SJWS who trot out the gaymergate shit have are allegations and hearsay.
>>
>>135594002
Haha I remember this shit.
I thought he was more of a no name desu, he actually has a few starring roles.
Also, he married a fellow seiyuu last year. No sympathy from me, faggot.
>>
>>135599310
Autists making rape threats and "epic" memes didn't help. Game journalism is irredemeable shit but /v/irgins gave arguments to the sjws by projecting. I wish they could show some reason, it could be a great chance to call the game journalism for its bullshit
>>
>>135599436
I thought only female seiyuu had to remain pure and unsullied
>>
>>135599575
Only the cute and young ones.
>>
>>135599575
Yeah I don't care about him but now I care less now that I found out he's happily married.
>>
>>135599310
>>135599559
>gamergate
>>>/v/
>>>/b/
>>>/out/
>>>/anywherebuthere/
Don't bring that shit here.
>>
I feel sorry for the dude but I'm extremely happy that this fucked over Kokoro Connect because I hate that series.
>>
File: iseriouslyhopeyouhumans.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
iseriouslyhopeyouhumans.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>135598002
>why should we make lots of money when we can break-even
>>
>>135593248
Kokoro Connect itself was just a shitty anime. Literally forced drama.
>>
KitaEri ;_;
>>
>>135600706
Forever alone. Forever forced to voice characters who will all end alone.
That is the KitaEri-curse.
>>
>>135600706
>>135600906
She just needs new Last Exile. One that will be about the adventures of Tatiana and Alister.
>>
>>135596584
Because /a/ are fucking retarded reactionaries and can only read Japanese as well as /b/.
"Gajin glory" was a horrible time to be on /a/
>>
>>135596740
Yeah but she was involved in the 2010 one faggit.
I bet she has a boyfriend.
>>
File: 75198.jpg (44KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
75198.jpg
44KB, 225x321px
>this thread
It's just like one of Japanese animes.
>>
>>135596813
/a/ is full of elitist fuckheads
>>
>>135598265
>just another one of many reasons why anime is seen as the lowest on the entertainment media totem poll by mainstream Japan, they figure it's for criminals, social rejects and people that can't make it in the regular and professionally demanding Japanese business world where major importance is placed on personal conduct, behavior and respect.
I don't see that as pure fact. Maybe some view it as such, perhaps really old fashioned and traditional people might to some degree, but its a part of pop culture, not some yakuza underworld or something of the sort.
>>
>>135600706
I only saw bits of the story. Did angry anons send pictures of their dicks to her or something?
>>
>>135598719
W-what? I thought he was a good guy.
>>
>>135599595
You mean old ones.
>>
File: hatano wataru megane.jpg (104KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
hatano wataru megane.jpg
104KB, 400x536px
>>135597118
Waccha is fine, he was pretty sad about losing Josuke but he has a new single coming up and hopefully more roles.

Ironically, he's Terashima's BFF and has a group called 2D MOE with him. They're like Nakamura and Sugita level of bros.
>>
File: idol industry.jpg (371KB, 896x1274px) Image search: [Google]
idol industry.jpg
371KB, 896x1274px
>>135603319
>idol producer
>good guy
>>
>>135599575
It depends if they also have careers as idols. Seyiu fans in Japan are fine with them finding happiness, idolfans are fucking degenerates who throw a giant hissyfit if this happens.
>>
>>135594002
>Things are not so well across the Atlantic (or Pacific? I dunno, all seas are the same) when 4chan’s /a/ board overreacted and started spamming Kitamura Eri’s twitter account with pictures of penises. This was due to an unconfirmed rumour that KitaEro is the girlfriend of Yamanaka, and decided to punish her, for some reason.

Good going you fucking faggots.
>>
>>135604217

I remember this one interview where Akimoto described himself as like a "puppet master" and the girls like his pieces to grow and promote and "support" from behind the scenes which basically means control every aspect of their lives both on and off stage and make sure they damn well behave and don't do anything to break the fans fantasy. Wouldn't surprise me if that's based off his quote.
>>
I'm still butthurt Takuma Terashima gets decent roles fuck that guy
>>
>>135593248
>>135594002
So what does that got to do with us /a/nons? This only happens in japs not in other part of the world. The one thing we should blame is ourself for making anime overpopular. If anime was not as popular as it is, none of this would have happen.
>>
>>135606943
We /a/nons and the rest of the japs fans are indirectly responsible for this.
>>
>>135604929
> butthurt over stupid japs drama
You're better than this senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 742x382px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 742x382px
>>135596842

>pic related
>>
>>135596606
It's still somewhat proactive.
Most nips would just shikata ga nai it.
>>
>>135602452
>but not me, herpity derp... I'm a supreme gentleman
>>
File: 12554633952.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
12554633952.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>135598491
>money
>>
>>135599965
Sure thing Nick Denton
>>
Kokoro Connect was shit so nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>135601852
>every seiyuu gives you advice on how to improve and cares deeply for your career
>except Nobuyuki who is tsundere and still ends up in the same boat

I'm not so sure. Sugita and a few others seem to be true to the depiction in Sore ga Seiyuu.
>>
>>135607121
T-thanks baka
>>
>>135607989
The only good thing about Kokoroco was that awesome ending directed by Ikuhara, the rest was mediocre.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.