[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any rivalry fight thats was hyped but failed to deliver.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 8

File: doubting oniisama.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
doubting oniisama.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>
>>135529717
Kotomine vs Kiritsugu

>QUALITY everywhere
>air slide
>batcave
>no Emiya Time Alter

JUST
>>
Gash VS Brago

It was hyped as fuck from the beginning but failed to deliver because lol baou zakeruga, I win it wasn't even a fight, it was one shot kill murder.
>>
>>135529717
>implying anyone can ever hope to rival onii-sama
>>
>>135529717
>gun size clearly depicting a comparison of penis sizes
They emasculated love rival kun so bad in this
>>
Jiro and Jin

It was all Equs, and then he died because his mask was broken. I expected more.
>>
>>135531057
Only good scenes are Raito scenes even though some of the punches look terrible.
>>
>>135529717
How was this a letdown? It was a restricted fight. Oni-Sama is unbeatable anyway. dude is legit Jesus
>>
>>135529717
Why are they holding toy guns?
>>
>>135532656
They are magic guns, they are essentially magic staffs.
>>
>>135529717
How can you even hype a fight vs someone that can literally delete continents at will vs. a slightly above average person?

It's like trying to hype a prize fight between a quadriplegic midget with down syndrome and a 9ft 600lb man with 3% body fat.

You can tell me it's going to be a great match to the point of conditioning, but we all know what is going to happen.

>I would still watch it
>>
Which rivalry fight that was hyped ever lived up to the hype?
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 500x286px
This two fucksticks
>>
>>135533248
SSJ2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta
Naruto vs Sasuke Valley of the end fights
Gon vs Hisoka (Battle Arena)
Chairman vs Meruem
Aang vs Ozai
Mustang vs Envy
Everyone vs Father
Saitama vs Boros/Garou
Saitama vs Genos
Sword and the stranger final fight

Just to name a few
>>
>>135530161
>>135532635
>>135533174
Because the series was bigging Masaki up as a powerful, versatile quick drawing war veteran, a major obstacle that even Tatsuya didn't fancy his chances against in a straight fight. So when Tatsuya engages him in a straight fight with his hands tied behind his back and still beats him with a literal snap of his fingers, it seems like the author dropped the ball (again).
>>
>>135529717

>One barrel versus two
>not three

How was he supposed to win again?
>>
>>135532968
Mahouka is terrible, but I'm reading it anyway because I'm a sucker for sci with magic and computerised magical foci, and it's the only series besides Nanoha that has them. Please send help.
>>
>>135529717
literally code geass guys but with magic instead of mechs
>>
File: 1451602754303.png (1MB, 1118x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1451602754303.png
1MB, 1118x1600px
>>135529717
>>
>>135533439
Masaki was a badass though. dude was super nefered by having to go non lethal. Open plain 1v1 Tatsuya cant material burst or it'd take him out as well
>>
>>135533589
They were never rivals. It also wasn't even a fight, accelerator took a dive to achieve a greater goal.
>>
>>135533654
He still has the interference armour and casting speed, and Tatsuya was restricted from his lethal attacks as well. The point is more that two books are spent building up to him, and then Tatsuya outmanoeuvres him tactically in addition to defeating him in personal combat. It makes all the narration and observations by Tatsuya seem like total bullshit because none of them pan out, and he was just as much of a speed bump as every other opponent Tatsuya faces.
>>
>>135533983
Well. I rewatched it over the past few days and from what i can recall. People were pissed as hell about Tatsuya winning actually. allthought that was simply because he was a no name. Dude was smart. nothing but the sound waves would have won him that fight considdering his sheild. desu i couldn't imagine Misaki loosing to anyone except Tatsuya in that situaiton
>>
>>135534131
The guy thought he killed Tatsuya and freaked/out paused hence being a sitting duck not defending. Tatsuya came back from the dead. How was can anyone anticipate that? It was a bad fight really. CQC isn't even Masaki's forte which was another reason he lost, had he stuck to long-mid range attacks he would have won, at least that was what the LN explains.
>>
I really liked shit hitting the fan and then winning by snapping his fingers. Everyone losing their shit was exciting.
>>
File: oniisama 2.jpg (1MB, 960x3240px) Image search: [Google]
oniisama 2.jpg
1MB, 960x3240px
>>135534452
>>135534131
Im just happy to get this pic
>>
This is why the series sucks, everyone but him and his sister are just garbage fodder.
>>
>>135529717
It didn't because of school limitations. Tatsuya could not use his abilities at school and Masaki lost because of their dumb strategy, pride and was obliged to reduce the power of his magics.
>>
>>135533435
>Mustang vs Envy
Fuck you. That was great.
>>
>>135534969
I describe it as
>Imagine putting Goku into a Under 12's MMA tournament
>>
>>135533983
Masaki and George were retarded, they were too fixated on Tatsuya and tats knew it, that's why they lost. Masaki would have easily won wagainst the nerfed Tatsuya if he had decided to use generic CAD like in the other matches but no, because he wanted to challenge him like a badass, he chose only one CAD with a single type of magic. This is the message he sent when he rekted the other team before his eyes and Tatsuya used this to his advantage. The Masaki surprisingly losing control to allow Tatsuya to get close was almost like plot armor.
>>
>>135535140
>Fuck you. That was great.
read>>135533248
>>
>>135529717
Rivalries in these sorts of shows aren't really "serious" and hardly ever resolved. They're almost exclusively there because they serve as fanservice for fujoshits.
>>
Anime where the MC is legit untivaled Jesus always makes me cringe, can't even think of a single series I enjoyed with that premise.
>>
>>135535211
>fujoshits.
The fuck?
>>
>>135533983
Interference armour was impossible to use because he had a specialized CAD. They wanted to win with gun fight alone.
>>
>>135534969
No, no, she's garbage too.
>>
Bakugou vs Todoroki because Todoroki was a pussy.
>>
>>135535218
It can be done, but only if there's some less tangible obstacle to challenge them. Tatsuya doesn't have one of those, his particular set of abilities renders any source of tension moot, since there's really no one in the series that can really stop him doing whatever he wants or make him do anything he doesn't want to.
>>
>>135535218
Agreed. One-Punch Man in particular was especially shitty.
>>
>>135535257
Ah, so that's why. Got t agree with those other people then, from what had been established about them it really seems like the author forced the idiot ball into their hands.
>>
>>135535258
Character wise yes ,but she's one of the strongest there besides him.
>>
>>135535333
They cap his power all the time tho. I duno if i should read the LN because in the anime he makes constant remakrs about being weak. Now i duno if thats because of the restrictions on his powers or there are lots of people in the Top 10 families who can cast mini nukes from anywhere
>>
>>135535218
If they're gonna make a character like that atleast make him a fun guy, someone like Izayoi or Kazuma.
>>
>>135535402
The light novels are like a friking manual bruh, the anime atleast made it watchable by cutting shit off.
>>
>>135535333
There are but not among his opponents and when they appear they have something which hold them back, Lina was the only one. Next volume has someone who is stronger than her and a true soldier mentality at least.
>>135535367
Yes.
>>
>>135535377
Masaki could actually kill her because his speed is above hers but he'd never actually do that given he likes loves her.
>>
>>135535524
Every fight he is in you honestly feel the James Bond invincibility. like you just KNOW 100% if he is there they aren't loosing that fight
>>
>>135535377
She isn't great in combat neither is Maya despite being one of the strongest in the world.
>>
>>135535377
Miyuki is strong but Juumongus, Masaki and Minoru are stronger than her. The biggest disappointment is that she has no proper combat reactions, it's pretty sad to see that someone with magic AIDS can perform better than her. She barely fights now and when she fought against Lina, Lina was acting like a retard again which made their fight one sided as fuck, that was 9 volumes ago.
>>
>>135533468
Does Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere count?
>>
>>135535502
They are like manuals, incredibly dry and the author can't make his writing flow for shit, but they do have the advantage of being more informative, particularly about Tatsuya's charater.

>>135535402
>he makes constant remarks about being weak
This is a character thing, I think. He has a disproportionately low regard for himself for some reason. Though when talking to other characters about being weak he's usually trying to obfuscate his actual powers.
>They cap his power all the time tho
The thing is, the only limit on his power is people asking him not to use it. The sole hard limiter is Miyuki, who would release it any time he asked because she'd do anything he asked. Otherwise, at any time he could break out the disintegration or magic disruption or regenerating or reviving the dead or reading the fabric of the very universe like a book, and I don't think there was a single character in the setting that could thwart him if he ever decided to stop inexplicably playing by everyone else's rules.
>>135535524
>There are
Genuine question. How? What could they possibly have to get one up over him?
>>
File: Horizon1A_006.jpg (48KB, 411x599px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon1A_006.jpg
48KB, 411x599px
>>135535749
No idea. It's on my list, but I was put off by he frontloading of confusing infodumps, particularly the big list of characters I was told would have to remember.
>>
>>135535782
How many volumes did you read?
>>
>>135535829
I'm just on 6 now. I'd be further, but 5 was a hell of a slog. Mahouka being dry is bad enough when things are happening, so dry filler is almost unbearable (especially when it's about Miyuki).
>>
>>135529717
But it was awesome
>>
>>135535817
Is it as highly detailed as Mahouka? The novel average around 800 pages (with volume 4 having around 1100 pages I think)
>>
Stopped reading after volume 8, did the family bs drama get worse?
>>
>>135535817
I watched the anime before starting this. The intro still gave me a headache but the names and some stuff are easier to memorize.
>>135535861
Texts on Miyuki are always bad but I'd say the writing gets better later. She doesn't limit his power but acts as a seal to block Material Burst so he is still as powerful but he can't use his magic nuke, which is useless in combat. To beat Tatsuya you can use an instant one kill technique like Cocytus or Rupture or injure his vitals to make him reset on restore indefinitely and kill him, or use mental magics to shut out his consciousness and other stuffs like that.
>>135535908
It is more detailed than Mahouka.
>>135535981
It did but things escalated quickly thanks to this. Volume 16 was epic
>>
>>135535908
Like I said, I never actually got to the start of the story or found out how the writing was because I was intimidated by the preamble about the convoluted setting and all the other information I was apparently expected to remember. I think Mahouka had a bit of that, but it had a simpler setting (with only the mechanical details being complicated) and is usually content to explain as it goes along (for good or ill usually the latter).

I've heard Horizon is good, and I'm sure it is, and I'll read it some day. Just not until I feel up to it.

And after Mahouka, because one of these series at a time is plenty.

>>135536057
>It is more detailed than Mahouka.
Oh my fuck. Mahouka, you'll recall, is the series where the author once saw fit to break in the narrative to inform us as to the exact diameter in centimetres of a cake one of the character's was about to eat, because it was vital information we needed to know, apparently. And you're saying Horizon is *worse*? (in terms of density, I'm sure it's better written because that's not hard.)
>>
>>135536100
Much worse. Horizon has better character interactions, cast and comedy though, I do enjoy Tatsuya interactions with some characters like Mayumi and others but pretty much every interaction with Miyuki is horrible.
>>
>>135536222
Interaction nothing, pretty much everything- scratch that, absolutely everything about Miyuki is horrible.

I've often thought it strange that for all that he's an overpowered mary sue, Tatsuya is conversely the strongest actual character in the series
>>
>>135529808
Their rivalry was fucking force.
>>
>>135535218
Hellsing managed to do it pretty well on my opnion
>>
>>135536403
Oh yeah, that's right, in addition to >>135535333
OP protagonists in comedy are fine, as are those that are just meant to be entertaining when they win all the time.

The problem of course being that Tatsuya is boring when he wins. Fights, that is, him out-engineering opponents is a pretty fresh concept that really doesn't get enough play.
>>
>>135535502
You would be surprised with the actual brain capability of nihonjin and westaboos.
The fact that both of these particular race or should I categorize them as otaku already implied that they can't into following complex story so the auithor is giving them a helping hand by making all those exposition.
>>
>>135536513
Have you read Mahouka? It's not a complex story, the author is just an amateur that pauses every few lines to take a paragraph or two to describe irrelevant minutia (like why a character took a perfectly ordinary and obvious action) at length, bringing the narrative to a screeching halt every time.
>>
>>135536622
That was in the first volumes though and it's mainly or only when it's about Miyuki because he can't do anything else with her.
>>
>>135536761
I'm up to 6, and he's still doing it. And if the general level of writing quality is indicative of anything, it's that he's not going to have improved by any significant degree.
>>
>>135533435
Having seen it recently, i'd add Shirou vs. Gilgamesh to that list.
>>
>>135529717
Saitama vs every enemies he ever fought.
>>
>>135537266
Saitama isn't rivals with anyone, much less everyone. It's not really how his character works.
>>
>>135537293
> It's not really how his character works
No, stop talking shit.
>>
>>135537335
The point of rivals is that they're in some way equals. The point of Saitama is that no-one is his equal. I'm sure he'd love having a rival more than anything, but it's just not in the cards.
>>
>>135537374
Rivals don't mean they are equals.
Are OPMfags this baka desu?
>>
>>135533248
king vs Netorare
>>
>>135537374
>The point of Saitama is that no-one is his equal
Wrong again as you only see one aspect of Saitama.
>>
>>135537374
this, he is a gag character in a gag manga
he wins every fight he is in
>>
>>135537688
No he is not your fanfic. Saitama is a seinen character in seinen manga.
Are you trying to be retarded in 2016 too?
>>
>>135537688
Can you even read? He lost against King the 6th S rank.
>>
>>135537770
nice try
>>
>80 posts
>no miyata vs ippo

you guys know nothing about hype and failing to deliver
>>
>>135537668
That is his core character trait, he's struck with apathy and ennui because he can't find an equal and what he once enjoyed is becoming boring.
>>
>>135537374
Saitama can't beat King though, King is better at video games
Not all fights are physical tests of strengths Saitama isn't unbeatable
>>
>>135538065
Sure, but they're just friends, not really rivals in any sense. Rivals also implies a sense of competition. Neither of them is striving to improve to contest or beat the other, they're just having fun with doing it.
>>
>>135538065
What if Metal Knight made a mech for King that was controlled by an NES controller?
>>
>>135537740
>OPM
>Saitama
>Seinen

Dude...just fucking stop writing a fanfic.
>>
>>135537740
>>135538260
It doesn't even matter what demographic OPM is, it's not like gag manga are exclusive to shounen. There are seinen, shoujo, and josei gag manga out there. It's a genre, it has basically nothing to do with its demographic.
>>
What is it about One Punch Man that makes almost everybody on here want to shitpost about it so bad?
>>
Hiro should just hurry up and make /capeshit/ already
>>
>>135538342
Easy target because of the way Saitama is and how he does things.

"WHY IS IT CALLED ONE PUNCH MAN IF HE DIDN'T ONE PUNCH BOROS?" etc.
>>
>>135538432
I blame it being good. It got rapidly popular, which spawned a large fanbase and consequently the usual massive crop of 'It was shit' contrarians eager to argue the toss.
>>
>>135533469
Tatsuya is a lot more overpowered than anyone in Code Geass ever was. Which makes him rather boring as a person even if it does allow for a number of jokes.
>>
Joseph vs ACDC
Seth Rollins vs Kane
Seth Rollins vs Sting
>>
Slaine vs Inaho
>>
File: Yugioh129.jpg (302KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yugioh129.jpg
302KB, 640x480px
>>135533248
>>
>>135538260
>No U
Typical OPM retard.
>>
>>135537815
Read this tard
>>135538065
>>
Naruto vs Sasuke
>>
>>135538065
Saitama's official rival is Sonic. You can say whatever he wants but Saitama accepted what he said when he proclaimed himself to be his rival.
>>
>>135535294
Bakugou pls
>>
>>135535347
nope if there is one overpowered guy done right its Saitama. by removing the imaginary struggle and play pretend the series just dive in straight with his OP-ness and thats what make the series very endearing and hype even if we knew the conclusion.
>>
>>135538520
this desu.
>>
>>135539143
Take this (you) then asperger retard.
>>
>>135529717
Well is sure as hell delivered in showing how sugoi onii-sama is. Which was the point of the whole show.
>>
Holy shit, all these responses. I knew enough to avoid this show/LN from all the Onii-sama posting but this powerlevel faggotry is something else.
>>
>>135533435
>Avatar
>deus ex machina is great!
>>
>>135535294
One-sided rivalry, if you take Bakugo's ego trips seriously then you only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>135538664

>ACDC
>rival
>relevant

lol he's the worst, Santana is more memorable than him
>>
Wow people don't even know what a rival is.
>>
>>135538599
> Which makes him rather boring as a person
No, it makes him boring as a protagonist. As a character I find Tatsuya sort of endearing. It doesn't come across at all in the anime because it was largely contained in narration, but Tatsuya does have a character, and it's essentially that of a beleaguered nerd. He doesn't want to go out and do things and has no stake in most plot stuff, he just wants to play with magic and read, but his sister and peers keep twisting his arm and dragging him into it anyway, and his OCD pride as an engineer leads to him doing the best job he can, which leads to him being caught up in still more events he doesn't give a shit about. He seems to have a genuine passion for magic and coming up with crazy shit to do with it.
>>
>>135533248
Kazuma vs Ryuhou.
>>
>>135545094
Feeling of rivalry are equal to ego trips now? Thinking that he doesn't consider him a rival because he never voiced his thought is plain stupid. He even went to observe his match against Ochako.
>>
>>135538707
Pretty much every Yugioh series pinnacle rivalry match lives up to its hype.
>>
>>135529717
>>135533434
>>135531057

I'm starting to think Nips just can't do rivalries right. That shit like Death Note was a one off thing, like the MC having sex in School Days.

They hyped the Jiro and Jin history and upcoming fight for 4 episodes, yet it was over in 2 mintues when Jiro unleased his power. I'm guess Jin will only get a passing mention in the second cour.
>>
>>135545632
This, if you remember the thesis competition, he didnt want anything to do with it until his own interests were overlapped with it.
>>
>>135534131
masaki was being cocky as shit all he had to do was sit back and launch suppressive fire on tatsuya & co. aside from miki they have no type of aoe attacks that would make them viable in mid range but no he had to walk towards the guy that relied on his athleticism
>>
File: MrBushidoVsSetsuna01.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MrBushidoVsSetsuna01.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>Graham hyped up as Setsuna's better
>Only loses when his suit is inferior
>Finally corners him for a fight
>It's over in 3ish minutes

Still mad
>>
>>135546279
Naruto and Sasuke was done pretty well in the beginning.

Sasuke was the genius talented kid but then it turned out Naruto had more potential and Sasuke had to play catchup and Sasuke wins vote but doesn't kill naruto and they both got a sannin to teach them.

It was pretty good up until post madara. Their ending fight was rushed to fucking hell.

Kishi could have written such a better ending fight with all of their powers.
>>
>>135542373
>if there is one overpowered guy done right its Saitama
He and the rest of the series is trash.
>>
>>135549701
I'd actually say that it became shit after Sasuke got his revenge on Itachi. Because that was truly the end of any claim he had at credibility there was no longer any reason for the rivalry and Sasuke became laughably evil.

But even before then it was shit and Sasuke just seemed like a spoiled brat who needed a timeout.
>>
>>135548823

>anything Mister Bushido
>good

The first season final is their only good fight.
>>
>>135546137
It's a one-sided rivalry, that only Bakugo treats seriously. The simple fact that the only drama came from Bakugo being a drama queen to the point where the rival declaration was towards the MC and not Bakugo who had to eavesdrop on their conversation should have told you talk.
>>
File: 1431094517643.jpg (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431094517643.jpg
143KB, 600x600px
Miyuki a shit
>>
>>135536622
Satou wrote a lot better if it was about another character, like Mayumi and Tatsuya's interactions
>>
Gaara vs Sasuke during the end of Chuunin Shiken arc.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.