[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plagiarism thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

File: Haiban Renmei Rakka.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Haiban Renmei Rakka.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>a town surrounded by a wall
>no one knows what's behind the wall
>the wall is dangerous if you go near it
>no one who leaves in the town is allowed beyond the wall
>guardians are always guarding the wall
>only the birds are allowed to traverse the wall
>every citizen has to have some kind of work even if it's pointless
>the hero is trying to find himself and escape the wall

That was a synopsis of Haruki Murakami's "Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World"

Yeah, you got something to say ABe?
>>
>what is plagiarism
>>
>people aren't allowed to have similar ideas
You are stupid OP. Most of fiction is plagiarised going by your retarded and wrong definition

Anime lifts ideas far less frequently than western fiction does. Western writers can't do anything without a source novel or comic to copy from
>>
>>135343343
That's it? Just the synopsis?
Is the book even good anyway?
>>
>>135343343
You're retarded.
>>
>>135343343
>The "end of the world" has much in common with The Castle by Franz Kafka. Both deal with newcomers to strange villages who are both intrigued and horrified by the behavior of the villagers. The image of losing one's shadow when approaching the end of the world is found in Knut Hamsun's 1898 novel Victoria. The same idea appeared earlier, in the 1814 story of "Peter Schlemihls wundersame Geschichte" ("Peter Schlemihl's Remarkable Story") by Adelbert von Chamisso.
Your point OP?
>>
>>135343511
He's been thoroughly wrecked even before your post, he won't reply again
>>
>>135343343
Do you even know the word "Homage"?
>>
File: 1446685383238.png (33KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446685383238.png
33KB, 800x500px
>>135343418
>>135343343
>>
>>135343343
When you boil down elements that far almost nothing can be called original.
>>
>>135343622
>bait fish XD
Everyone report this shitposting cross boarder, please
>>
>>135343600
What do you mean?
He literally copypasted the whole plot of the book and made an anime about it.
That's just dirty.
>>
>>135343651
It does actually feel like you're watch an animated adaptation of the book, it's almost word for word. Kinda crazy.
>>
>>135343721
Murakami's books are shit and filled with ripped off ideas

People only give a shit about him because omg a Japanese author has books in English I feel so cultured
>>
As open-minded I am to a lot of things, I don't think I'll ever read a Murakami book and never will.
>>
>>135343799
Well no one gives a shit about Murakami, but every wanker here sucks abe's cock when he really just rips off ideas from whatever he reads but suddenly when its an anime it's OH SO DEEP.
>>
He's acknowledged this so many times that I avoid the show because I dislike Murakami.

>>135343833
>no one gives a shit about Murakami
Anon, he's basically the singular fad writer these days for the "global literary community" or whatever.
>>
OP here, so I see a lot of you, like everyone probably didn't understand what this is about just from my post.

Well the picture is from Haibane Renmei, and so as obviously you haven't watched it.

That synopsis is identical to what happens in that anime.

To the point where it's almost a carbon copy of Murakami's book.

Hope that makes it more clear.
>>
>>135343746
For them to feel similar, I think you'd have to have a very low level of comprehension of both.
>>
>>135343874
Everyone's seen Haibane Renmei. Everyone knows the idea's taken out of Murakami. You're telling people something that's been old news for over a decade.
>>
>>135343955
What's your point? No shit everyone knows that, everyone just flipped out like a sperg for some reason, so I guess the new didn't get it.

Anyway this is just a starting point, you're welcome to talk about anything plagiarism related in this thread.
>>
File: 1448668337739.jpg (63KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448668337739.jpg
63KB, 848x480px
>>135343343
Everything is the same if you simplify it enough.
>>
>>135344009
You said it like it was some sort of revelation and that people should be taken aback, when I'm pretty sure ABe's been open about this and no one has ever given a shit because it's not a problem.
>>
>>135344045
It doesn't really need to be a problem if it fits the topic.
>>
File: 1417076687120.jpg (175KB, 840x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1417076687120.jpg
175KB, 840x1120px
>>135343343
>>guardians are always guarding the wall
In Haibane, they aren't. How would Reki and that guy get to the wall and try to climb it if the guardians would've been guard it?
>>
>>135344116
Plagiarism usually has a negative connotation, plus you've got people ITT calling it "dirty" and implying that it's a lazy rip-off that people praise for no good reason. I don't know what you expected when you opened the thread that way.
>>
>>135344143
They always guard the entrance in both. What's the point of guarding a wall?
>>
Lain sux
>>
>>135344153
A plagiarism thread, don't worry it'll get there after the shiposting. Or maybe it will be abe vs murakami war thread. I'd like that even better honestly, either way it's fine to watch, there's no repercussions to starting threads really, they just go where they go, gotta learn to appreciate it.
>>
>>135343343
I honestly thought you would have finished that with a Shingeki no Kyojin quip
>>
>>135343874
>Well the picture is from Haibane Renmei, and so as obviously you haven't watched it.
You are seriously stupid.
>>
>>135344273
Would have been better bait t b h
>>
>>135344273
Yeah, that's where I thought it was going when I saw the first lines in the catalog.
>>
>>135344009
What's your point? No shit everyone knows that, everyone just flipped out like a sperg for some reason, so I guess the new didn't get it.

Anyway this is just a starting point, you're welcome to talk about anything plagiarism related in this thread.
>>
Why are Murakamifags so elitist?
>>
>>135344180
So people like Reki and the guy won't try to climb it?
>>
>>135344273
Speaking of SnK, it's a ripoff of Mist and MLA, MLA being a ripoff of Starship Troopers.
>>
>>135343343
>>135343874

>OP plagiarized previous posts
>>
I loved Haibanes concept. Is Murakamis book good?
>>
>reading japs novels
>>
>>135345093
If you enjoy "magical realism" it's good
>>
>>135344499
But there is no point because you can't climb it.
The wall fucks you if you go near it by itself, so the guards are only at the entrance.

>>135345133
>what are books hurr
it's like you heard about it for the first time, or do you only read things from your own patriotic country? Let me guess, murican?
>>
>>135345311
>murricans
>reading
Nice one.
>>
>>135345093
>I loved Haibanes concept.
Did you actually watch it or just enjoyed the concept?

>Is Murakamis book good?
It's alright, if you read Murakami before then why the fuck haven't you read it before.
If you haven't read Murakami before then stop living under a rock.

It's very neurotic, staccato, weird and has no real answers. Very abstract works.

It's a decent book though if you're interested in some practical basis of some philosophical concepts.
>>
>>135344209
No but renmei > lain
>>
>>135345353
>It's alright, if you read Murakami before then why the fuck haven't you read it before.
>If you haven't read Murakami before then stop living under a rock.
Fuck off. Believe it or not, 90% of the population could not give less of a shit about the "new thing" in the pop lit world, and plenty of people who do pay no attention to Murakami because he's an overhyped "exotic" curio more than a serious writer.
>>
>>135345418
lain > tex > renmei > niea

realistically ABe only worked with Haibane, and did some minor designs for others so Haibane is his only show that he can call his own.
And it's basically a Murakami ripoff, so he's a hack either way.

Despera when.
>>
>>135345501
>murakami
>new thing
Are you like 12?
Everyone always spouted shit like "you have to read at least one of his books before you die"
He's like the most known writer in literary world for ages.
>>
>>135345555
Ok, kog.
>>
>>135345512
I just watched niea, didn't realize he was involved until shit got depressing.
>>
>>135345353
>if you're interested in some practical basis of some philosophical concepts.
From what I can remember, nothing in the novel would be a practical basis for anything.
>>
>>135345602
It explores some Hindu philosophical studies, I mean it's just a concept applied to a situation but it works.
>>
Why do people hate Murakami? I read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles, Norwegian Wood, and am now on Kafka on the Shore and it's all been good. Not amazing but not something that deserves the hate it gets here or on /lit/.
>>
>>135345660
/lit/ only reads pretentious garbage. Murakami is extremely popular and well received.
>>
OP is completely right. The first half of the anime was a 100% ripoff of the novel. After that though, it's different.

Don't get me wrong I love Haibane Renmei but the people who are acting butthurt and saying that "if you boil anything down it looks the same" just watched Haibane before reading the book.
>>
>>135345660
I've never heard of people hating him, granted all knowledge and interactions about him I know are from irl, but everyone just praises him all the time.
And I like his works too.
>>
>>135345353
>and has no real answers
I'm not sure I'm ready to get cucked again with an open ending.
>>
>>135345555
He didn't start blowing up until the late 2000s, since Kafka on the Shore. At least in English-speaking countries, I have no idea what's the case if you speak some other language where his translations were more popular. He's still very much the hip new thing as far as novelists go.
>>
>>135345758
Pretty much all of his books end like that.
>>
>>135345758
That's not the case with all of them, only some.

A lot of them have clear and straight forward plot and narrative like more regular novels.

Just his style of writing is weird.
>>
>>135345791
Yeah more like 2 of them do. And they are pretty fucked anyway, so not really.
>>
>>135345772
Do people like that? Does it even feel satisfying at the end?
>>
>>135345695
>BDrip
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>135345660
Nippon-jin here.
There are fucking many people in japan who hate Harukist aka Murakamifags.
>>
>>135344513
>MLA being a ripoff of Starship Troopers
You mean Gunparade March
>>
>>135345684
But Murakami's the definition of pretentious garbage. Honestly, none of the Japs /lit/ actually likes (Mishima being the big one) come anywhere near to the pretension of his "kafkaesque" fairy garbage and musing about names and his glop-tier sex scenes.
>>
File: fukuichi.jpg (17KB, 283x340px) Image search: [Google]
fukuichi.jpg
17KB, 283x340px
>>135345812
I do enjoy his books for the "go on an urban adventure" motif that's present in all of them but there's some cryptic symbolism and imagery that's so confusing that I gave up trying to make sense of any of it. I'm sure 20 posters are going to jump on this post and call me a fucking moron for not understanding any of it but I really do feel that they were so abstract (the Colonel is a fucking pimp?) that I've come to believe that Murakami just does it to fuck with the readers who eat it up like it's high literature.

Sputnik Sweetheart (200 pages) is a good introduction to Murakami as it contains all the elements that are present in his writing. Go read that and see whether you can stomach the ending.

Speaking of shitty symbolism that doesn't seem to mean anything, I read The Alchemist two years ago on the recommendation of my mother and it fucking sucked. The ending was so fucking pretentious and unsatisfying, and when I went asked my mother and searched online they all had the same smug answer "You'll understand when you're older" or similar half-assed responses. I gathered that they were supposed to find their own meaning or some bullshit in the book didn't have much meaning in it at all.

Well I'm not a /lit/fag by any means, and l'm not saying that Murakami's books are as bad as The Alchemist, but it's possible that it has similar reasons for its popularity.

Now feel free to rip into me /lit/fags.
>>
>>135345660
Casual reader here, Norwegian Wood is his only work that I understand, and I enjoy it greatly.

Midori best girl.
>>
>>135345353

Is this nigga for real?
>>
>>135345990
I meant pretentious in the sense that it's hard to read and understand. Anyone can read and understand Murakami, thus it's not "hip" enough for /lit/. Just yesterday I saw someone describe him as only a notch above John Green.
>>
>>135346043
Good taste.
>>
>>135346094
That's not what pretentious means, but whatever. /lit/ doesn't dislike him because he's accessible, any more than /a/ hates SAO or Shigatsu because they're fun for normalfags. He's just not that great in general and has some pretty bad stuff, but people who don't read that much "literary" stuff eat him up and rave about him. And then /a/ treats /lit/ like /v/ treats /a/.
>>
>>135346094
/lit/ hates Murakami because he's actually as shallow as a puddle, and /lit/ actually reads books so they definitely are not butthurt about harder to read books

Murakami is more for what I like to call (in the UK), The Guardian crowd. Readers for that rag think they are incredibly intelligent and cultured when they are not, especially since they are unthinkingly leftist and have no idea how an economy works
>>
>>135346274
*tips Ulysses*

And comparing him to SAO is just mean. Random YA writer #54231 would be that. Haibane Renmei is a good comparison, and that's pretty much universally liked here.

>>135346314
>so they definitely are not butthurt about harder to read books
I said he's easy, how did you get that from the post? /lit/ only really reads books like Moby Dick / other inaccessible shit to feel elitist about, which Murakami doesn't give them. Not saying his books are deep or intellectual, rather I would describe him as "fun".
>>
>>135346430
I'm not going for exact content with the comparison, I'm going for equivalent position in the world. SAO's not right, though, which is why I threw in Shigatsu. I don't think he's quite as bad as that, but it's the same vein of thing. It gets a reaction from people who are underexposed, when really the construction's pretty shoddy and it's nothing special (obviously this varies on book, but 1Q84 was his big thing when I was browsing /lit/, and that was hundreds of pages of self-indulgent bullshit).

> /lit/ only really reads books like Moby Dick / other inaccessible shit to feel elitist about
Again, you sound like crossboarders telling /a/ they only watch pedo shit or something. You think /lit/ hasn't read Murakami or that no one there likes any of his stuff?
>>
It's not that /lit/ hates Murakami, it's just that Murakami's readers think he's the voice of a generation or some shit like that, when his work is actually pretty shallow.

Saying Murakami is good literature on /lit/ is the equivalent of calling Fate/Zero a masterpiece on /a/. If you've read any real literature (e.g. Dostoyevsky), much of Murakami is really pop-lit at most.
>>
Anime is not only a story-medium,
so can we stop pretending that the only thing that matters is the plot?

What made Haibane Renmei truly great was the direction, the art and design,
the details and trivialities in the story, and the characters themselves.

The general plot gives sense to a story, and meaning to a world,
but it sure as fuck isn't the only deciding factor when judging something.
Especially if it's Anime.
>>
>>135346565
>You think /lit/ hasn't read Murakami or that no one there likes any of his stuff?
I think the overwhelming majority doesn't like him, yes. Comparing /a/ to /lit/ is silly anyways. There's all kinds of discussion here and pretty much everything is accepted and has a small community. /lit/ is a lot more uniform and like the same shit. There's threads about Infinite Jest and similar shit going 24/7 and you barely ever hear of anything like Murakami or books that came out in the last couple years, or even 21st century.

>>135346703
I think that's a silly comparison because people mainly watch anime for entertainment, whereas people who read books are split into two camps: for pure entertainment and for literary merit. The latter camp wants to get more intelligent by reading or something else out of the books, and those kind of people won't like Murakami. And those kind of people populate the majority of /lit/.
>>
>implying aBe is a writer
IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY, REALLY SURROUNDED BY RETARDS
>>
>>135346812
Maybe if you stop typing like a fucking monkey I'll read your post.
>>
>>135346866
>being this ignorant
>>
>>135346812
But it looks like garbage? I only really cared about the story, it feels like it was animated by poor students in their closet with 5 dollar budget.
>>
>>135346866
He is, fuck off retard.
>>
>>135346864
I don't really want to get into an argument about what /lit/ is like, especially since I don't know much about it currently, but I'll say that Murakami came up regularly, and it seemed like there was a pretty decent general opinion on Wind-Up Bird and Norwegian Wood.
>>
>>135346864
Except that the two categories aren't mutually exclusive. There are plenty of anime watchers who are fucking serious about analysing their favourite show e.g. Evangelion.

Anime is more accessible to a lower denominator of people, though. Reading lit requires at least a basic level of intelligence, so I'll give you that.
>>
Since this thread has turned into soft /lit/, what are some books that have an anime-ish feel to them, besides Murakami? Something like From the New World which inspired the Shin Sekai Yori anime.
>>
File: bullied retard.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bullied retard.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>135347060
Fuck off.

This is now Rakka thread.
>>
>>135346972
> I only really cared about the story
You watch anime only for the 'story'?
The only thing you care about is something that could be summed up in a few sentences?
Well, your fault if you are disappointed.

>But it looks like garbage?
The animation sure isn't consistent,
but it still has good designs and a good aesthetic.
It doesn't look like garbage.
>>
>>135347112
Do NOT bully the Rakka
>>
>>135347060
Any YA book, not trolling. Good /lit/ doesn't feel anything like anime desu

I enjoy both for different reasons
>>
File: dumb hobo retard.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dumb hobo retard.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>135347161
>You watch anime only for the 'story'?
Not always but only thing you ever EVER hear about this show is how good the story is. So that's the only thing that got me interested and kept me watching it.
And you can't sum it up in a few sentences since over 13 years no one was even able to put a hold on what it was really about.

>Well, your fault if you are disappointed
I'm not disappointed I thought it was a great show.

>but it still has good designs and a good aesthetic.
Good designs, I guess more diverse looks for the people who look like humans is a plus, but at the same they all look derpy as fuck because of the production value being miserable.

Good aesthetics? What's good about muddy and bleak nature paintings used as stills and some abandoned buildings?
They're shabby and uninspired, if you like that crap go for it,

>It doesn't look like garbage.
It very much does look like crap, the animation is minimal and it's extremely dated. It's devoid of anything interesting and very mundane, maybe that was some kind of pretentious point, but there's no excusing such poor performance, I didn't care for it and I enjoyed what I came for.

Also Rakka is for being hit in the face and degraded.
>>
>>135347161
Haibane Renmei is one of my favourite series but you're kidding yourself if you don't think the animation is budget as fuck. Luckily it doesn't really detract much from the show
>>
File: 1451237463344.jpg (28KB, 316x317px) Image search: [Google]
1451237463344.jpg
28KB, 316x317px
>>135347588
>those hands
Holy fuck I'm laughing, jesus fuck me i'm crying.
>>
>>135347579
What YA do you think is good? Most of the popular shit seems really, really bad. But maybe that's just Western authors. Do Japanese write YA or is it only light novels with a bunch of volumes there?
>>
>>135347703
It doesn't help that it was horribly upscaled for a bluray release nobody asked for or wanted, the DVD was enough
>>
>>135347895
It wasn't even that different from the DVDs actually, I don't know why it exists but there's no reason to hate it.
>>
>>135347730
It is, I meant I like anime and good literature

I haven't read YA in years, I used to read fantasy like Wheel of Time but honestly its horribly flawed and slows to a crawl from the 5th book, maybe even earlier
>>
>>135348168
Some stuff ends up pretty blurred with a mismatch of sharpness and blurryness, look at the line going from on ear, down to her chin and to the other in >>135347588 it just doesn't look good for an already not very pretty anime.

You can also see at the bottom of her coat collar, and around her knuckles.

It's nitpicking but I can't ignore it anymore, the bluray would have been much more acceptable if they put effort into it.
>>
>>135347588
Why does Rakka makes me want to bully her and fuck her up real bad out of love.
>>
The ED was goat as fuck.
>>
>>135343343
Fucking Murakami plagiarizing the Genesis.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.