[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which company performed best in 2015? Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 513
Thread images: 55

File: The Three Kingdoms.jpg (85KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
The Three Kingdoms.jpg
85KB, 500x300px
Which company performed best in 2015?

Discuss
>>
>>135334765
SHAFT, but that's only because Owarimonogatari was my favorite of those three's shows.
>>
>>135334765
shaft because monogatari wreck
>>
>>135334765
P.A.WORKS TVアニメ売上一覧
(2015) *7,512 Charlotte (3巻/7巻)

京都アニメーション TVアニメ売上一覧
(2015) *7,911 響け!ユーフォニアム (6巻/7巻)

シャフト TVアニメ売上一覧
(2015) *1,279 幸腹グラフィティ
(2015) *3,894 ニセコイ:
>>
Best in terms of my personal entertainment? PA Works

>>135334943
Don't forget 2nd half of Shirobako for PA Works
>>
>>135334985
That goes under 2014. Same way the nips have always done it.
>>
Sales-wise for new series SHAFT.

Quality-wise I'd give it to KyoAni, although I liked Owari a fair amount.
>>
Euphonium easily has the highest quality
Though I'd had to say I personally enjoyed Shaft's shows this year the most.
>>
nisekoi 4257
tsukimonogatari 35k
owarimono probably 36k >>135334943
>>
>>135334943
Just wait for Kizu you nigger.
>>
>>135334943
>not counting Owarimonogatari
>>
>>135335151
You can't count something that has no sales figures yet retard.
>>
>>135335138
Kizu is 2016, retard.
>>
>>135335171
Obviously, but if you're going to try and discuss anything for 2015, using a metric that only counts three seasons is stupid.
>>
>>135334765

Sunrise
>>
>>135335136
so much money for aniplex
>>
>>135334943
>implying sales number is by any means a proof of fine performance

Go back to your containment thread, salesfag
>>
>>135335240
Of course it's. it has been repeated many times on anime and manga or interview.
>>
>>135335204
Yeah, lets just make up some sales figures instead to make it fair?

>>135335240
An anime studio is a business, the goal of a business is to make money, making successful anime is important to keep themselves going as a business. The sales of video discs are one indicator of the commercial success of an animation.
>>
>>135335292
>lets just make up some sales figures instead to make it fair
If you insist on only using the true figures, then there's no point to having that discussion at all yet. But I don't think it's worthless at all to discuss "made-up" figures when those figures are 100% certain to more than make up the difference.
>>
>>135335283
>>135335292
None of that business shit is either your matter of that of the general audience, son. I bet you guys actually think Twilight is a masterpiece because it sells like fuck. Ridiculous
>>
>>135335396
You are retarded you doesn't even make sense.
>>
Guys, this clearly isn't a sales thread, or at least it better not be, because there's no reason to ask /a/ for numbers Google can give you in three seconds.
>>
>>135335391
Of course there is a point. Business doesn't just ignore performance over the course of a year to date at the 3rd quarter just because a year hasn't finished yet. The assess how the year went so far and project what might happen with the rest of it. This kind of shit is fairly obvious. It just seems that you like SHAFT and feel they are being unfairly misrepresented more than anything.

>>135335396
The performance of a company is all about commercial success, the company that makes the most money is always the company that has performed the best. Companies are not artists. They might hire artists to make their products to try make money, but that product being critically perceived as good or bad is secondary to a company as compared to if it is making money or not.
>>
Based PA Works and Charlotte, the dream team with Maeda continues to gather praise and make mad bank even if vocal shitters get butthurt about it.
>>
>>135335476
Sorry for your comprehension failure, /a/non. But if you think sales number has anything to do with its quality as an artwork then you must be some serious edgy kid literally brainwashed by salesfags or perhaps Yaraon the mastermind. Quite pity actually
>>
>>135335484
sales what determined good in anime and manga because it actually make it a product with the same type is produced more in the future. it's usually not one time effect,
>>
>>135335560
That because you're totally newfag and think the otaku market is for normalfags.
>>
File: 1431057837869.webm (727KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1431057837869.webm
727KB, 800x450px
KyoAni is still bar none the most consistently high quality studio in the industry, by a considerable margin. Whether you love or hate the shows they produce, it isn't really up for debate.

Shaft did pull it back at the end a bit with Owari though, easily the best monogatari installment since Bake, and they really managed to nail the tone and visual direction again after not doing well with that series basically since Bake ended. Nisekoi looked pretty good too. It was close but it still can't touch KyoAni. PA works didn't really stand out all that much this year as far as I remember.
>>
>>135335575
Speak English.
>>
>>135334765
None of which are in that picture
>>
>>135335748
hibikek is trash
>>
>>135335546
>Business doesn't just ignore performance over the course of a year to date at the 3rd quarter just because a year hasn't finished yet. The assess how the year went so far and project what might happen with the rest of it.
But this isn't a business meeting at the end of the third quarter. This is an /a/ thread about the entire year at the end of the year. Which is why bringing up official sales reports as the sole determinant makes no sense when only three seasons of sales reports are out.

>It just seems that you like SHAFT and feel they are being unfairly misrepresented more than anything.
No, SHAFT is just the only one of the three with a show this Fall.
>>
>>135335774
Well my laptop monitor is broken and my keyboard is jumpy. So bear with it bring my external monitor is hassle.
>>
File: smug snail.jpg (40KB, 493x575px) Image search: [Google]
smug snail.jpg
40KB, 493x575px
>>135335748
>best monogatari installment since Bake
>he didn't watch SS
>>
>>135335864
SS is of incredibly inconsistent quality. Rating it as a whole really isn't useful.
>>
>>135335911
Shironeko, Otori and Koi are miles above owari though.
>>
File: 1450631222232.jpg (19KB, 173x180px) Image search: [Google]
1450631222232.jpg
19KB, 173x180px
>>135335748
Fortunately I include the premise of the show in assessing it's quality. Hibike gets a 1/10 for creativity and premise, no matter how "high quality" it is.
>>
>>135335820
>bringing up official sales reports as the sole determinant makes no sense
It is this kind of comment that leads to the conclusion that you are a butthurt SHAFT fanboy blinded by anger that his favourite studio looks bad because its most popular show doesn't have any sales figures yet to be honest.

You should notice that nowhere in the chain of posts we have made back and forth have I ever made any such claim of those figure posted as a "sole determinant". In fact in posts you have responded to I have pointed out the opposite.

>>135335292
>sales of video discs are one indicator of the commercial success
>>135335546
>assess how the year went so far and project what might happen with the rest of it
>>
>>135335864
Owari was better than most of SS. The Kaiki are was fantastic, but everything else was very hit or miss.
>>
Madhouse.
>>
In a college debate classroom, a delusional Shaftfag and a narcissist, elitist Kyoanusfag were debating which studio was best.

"Kyoani shows sold over 300,000 from 2002 to 2009! And they deserve all the circlejerking because their artwork is objectively the best!" said the Kyoanusfag.

"Well, fewer Shaft shows sold over 200,000 between 2009 and 2013, so that's more bang for your buck! And at least Shaft faces don't all look the same!" said the Shaftfag.

Just then a brave Production IG fan who had bought over 1500 SnK figurines (and even some for Gargantia) and a limited-edition replica Dominator and fully understood the necessity of Titan Shifters stood up and held up some artwork.

"Could you tell me what this is, bakas?" he said.

"Sure, the one on the right is some oil rigs at sea, and the one on the left is the Tokyo skyline," said the Kyoanusfag.

"Wrong! Those are backgrounds from, respectively, Gargantia and Ghost in the Shell. If they were Kyoanusshit they'd be scanned photos with Photoshop lighting effects and blurring added, and if they were Shaftshit they'd be the zero-depth-and-shading 2-D backgrounds that might have looked cool the first time around in Bakemonogatari but now just look overused, pretentious, and cheap."

The two debators were visibly shaken, and dropped their unsold Tamako Market and Sasami-san DVDs. They ran out of the room crying their weeaboo crocodile tears. The same tears Shaftfags cry in joy and Kyoanusfags cry in sadness because everyone "knows" sales=quality.

The students applauded and all went out and bought as many SnK and Psycho Pass DVDs as they could find. "Out of Control" was sung many times, Amy and her two slutty friends themselves appeared before the classroom and belly-danced for everyone.

The debators lost their tuition and were expelled the next day. Akane Tsunemori found that one's Hue had gone dark and he needed to be "dominated", and the other was eaten by a Titan.
>>
>>135335960
Thankfully I take overall quality in consideration instead of dumb assumptions of what it looks like before I watch it, so Hibike is near 10/10.
>>
>>135336014
Not really. Ougi Formula was great. Sodachi Riddle/Lost was very good but the ending was weak, and Shinobu Mail was one of the flimsiest arcs in the show.
>>
KyoAni managed to fuck up the cash cow that's the Free! franchise.
That's something, I guess.
>>
>>135335960
That's actually retarded, it's only judging the show based on your personal taste in story types. It's literally just criticizing it for not trying to pander to your interests and be what you want it to be with a complete disregard for how well executed it was for what it was trying to be. Essentially "KyoAni stop making things I don't like!"
>>
>>135335991
Then why are we having this conversation? My original point, which I think I've made pretty clear by now, is just that dropping >>135334943 as a response to OP isn't useful when it leaves out what's probably the most relevant entry if we're discussing commercial success.
>>
>>135335960
>Hibike gets a 1/10 for creativity and premise
When was the last time we had a school band drama?
>>
>>135334765
MADHOUSUUUUU
>>
>>135336108
>It's literally just criticizing it for not trying to pander to your interests and be what you want it to be with a complete disregard for how well executed it was for what it was trying to be
I'm not him, and giving Euphonium a 1/10 is retarded, but I defend this. It doesn't mean they're bad at animation or anything, but if they make shows I don't like I'm obviously not going to like the studio.
>>
>>135336127
The point is you are wrong. It is extremely useful as it shows the commercial success of the studios in question in terms of video disc sales this year to date. Do you have any other objective quantifiable measures of commercial success to post? Or do we prefer just to make the rest of the year up because you don't like that one show isn't there?
>>
>>135336080
How can shaft is fewer than kyoani what the heck were you talking about.
>>
In a college debate class, a Shaftfag and a Kyoanusfag were debating which was the superior studio.

"Shaft isn't technically an anime studio!"

"At least their faces don't all look the same!"

Just then a brave Trigger fan who had bought over 1500 KLK figurines and fully understood the necessity of Inou Battle stood up and held up what appeared to be a rock. "How old is this rock, bakas?" he asked.

"O-Haruhi-sama created it 9 years ago, ahou," said the Kyoanusfag.

"No, Godoka created it 4 years ago, and Homucifer recreated it 1.5 years ago," said the Shaftfag.

"Wrong! This is actually a bundle of Life Fibers created by based Trigger 2 years ago! If it were created by Godoka or Homucifer it would be tilting its head by now, and if it were created by Haruhi it would have evolved the Kyoanus sameface by now!" he said.

The two students were visibly shocked, dropped their unsold Tamako Market and Sasami-san DVD's, and ran out of the room crying their crocodile tears. The same tears Shaftfags cry in joy and Kyoanusfags cry in sadness, still thinking that sales=quality.

The student applauded and quit to enroll in Honnouji Academy that day. "Before My Body Is Dry" was sung several times, and a Goku uniform labeled 'Savior of Animu' landed on the flag and shed a tear on a discarded uniform. Ragyo Kiryuuin herself appeared to offer everyone free Goku uniforms.

The two debators lost their tuition and were expelled the next day. They died when they were betrayed by their clothing, and Inferno Cop himself showed up to personally take them to the lake of fire for eternity.
>>
File: 1430267734439.jpg (51KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1430267734439.jpg
51KB, 720x480px
>>135336108
>thinking a drama about a little girl band is interesting
>>
>>135336285
These aren't even funny.
>>
>>135336080
and the KyoAni fan stood up and said "do you know what these are?"

"No" said the IGfags and SHAFTfags in unison

"They're inbetweens"
>>
>>135336213
When that one show is obviously a big deal, pretending that you don't know that because it's not on the chart and judging based on a chart that everyone knows gives the wrong impression is pigheaded as hell.
>>
>>135336095
I think the writing overall was on a higher level than most of what Nisio has done since Bake. The pacing wasn't complete trash like normal, the dialogues were actually well-written, fun, and meaningful again instead of intentionally confusing and rambling (with the exception of anytime Gaen was on screen), and the characters acted like they should again, much more energetic and with more, well, character. Ougi especially was a really well-done character. And the stories were engaging and had a point to them. You're right that Ougi Formula was the best, and that Sodachi's ending was a bit questionable, but I thought for what it was Shinobu Mail was handled very well. More importantly though, the direction and tone of the whole thing was much more in line with Bake's and what made the series work. They were willing to have a lot more fun with the visuals than recent installments. We can all agree Nise, Hana, and Tsuki were pretty bad and Bake was the best I'm sure, but I do think Owari edges out SS as well.
>>
SHAFT should ditch Shinbo.
>>
>>135336383
The posting of the figures you have taken exception to did not judge anything. You seem to have merely taken it to judge SHAFT implicitly because of the lack of a show that has no place on such a list currently is not there and the lack of that show makes their performance appear worse to those who might be retarded enough not to be able to work out why it isn't there.
>>
File: 1416086577244.png (362KB, 523x592px) Image search: [Google]
1416086577244.png
362KB, 523x592px
>>135336325
>He thinks a show about some losers in space is interesting
>>
>>135336080
>>135336285
>SHAFTfag bringing up the sameface argument every time when nothing else comes to mind
color me surprised
>>
>>135336458
Yeah, then they'd have a whole bunch of shitter directors trying to be like him without even being able to ask him how to be like him. That would be great.
>>
>>135334765
Kyoto always
Shaft is always the same "2deeploli" shit. Fucking always. Give them other project , they don't care and go to make more gatari shit again.
Kyoto need to make fantastic things again , all that talented wasted always make me ill.
>>
>>135336473
I took it to judge that the best performing studio was the one with the most profit according to that list, because what the hell else would I assume when it's given as an answer to the question "which company performed best in 2015"? At this point, I'm assuming you're just being obtuse to shitpost and am going to stop responding to you. Goodnight.
>>
>>135336169
>>135336325
Of course you don't have to like it, but there's a difference between not liking something and asserting it's bad just because it doesn't belong to a genre you enjoy. You can dislike something and still recognize the quality. I personally didn't enjoy Mushishi because it doesn't really appeal to me for whatever reason, but I can still see what it's going for and that it does a damn good job of it.
>>
>>135335748
>Whether you love or hate the shows they produce

Nah. They managed to get a pretty consistent 'don't care' on the care-o-meter their last 4/5 shows. I don't even hate, or like this shit. I just don't care anymore.
>>
>>135334765
>SHAFT
it's like a one trick pony, except all their directors are different ponies that all have the same only trick
>KyoAni
Good animators, the directors influence each other enough to make similar shows, but are different enough to have divided fanbases
>PA Works
They're better off not trying to be KyoAni. They need to make more Uchouten Kazoku and use its director more.
>>
>>135336538
Why would you assume that the sales of discs correlates directly in any way to a studios own profit? Or did you think those numbers were studios profits on individual shows? Now you are just looking ignorant to be honest. Those are the average numbers of discs sold per volume for each of those shows. In the case of an adaptation we have what portion of that sales money if any is going to the studio in question. All it really serves as is an indicator of which studios have made the anime which have been the most commercially successful.
>>
>>135336435
pacing was trash
nobody had anything meaningful to say
>>
>>135336625
>Good animators, the directors influence each other enough to make similar shows, but are different enough to have divided fanbases

how come they only made 1 series per year if they're creative.
>>
>>135336435
>Hana
I don't get this meme, Hana was great.
It was interesting through all of its duration and I really can't see any faults in it.
I guess I should rewatch it someday to understand why everybody hates it.

But yeah, I agree with the rest of your post. Owarimonogatari in general was great.
>>
>>135336625
If you can't tell the difference between Oishi monogatari and Itamura monogatari you really shouldn't be talking about directors.
>>
>>135336538
>Got rekt
>Better damage control
>>
>>135336668
This year they were busy moving and stuff, and they released two movies and a recap besides Hibike.
I also never said they were creative, which wouldn't matter anyway because having less projects doesn't mean having less ideas, scheduling is what makes KyoAni's quality so consistent. Besides, they're probably one of the only studios that doesn't depend on being contracted to make shows, while other studios are given external material to adapt, how is that any more creative?
>>
People often joke about SHAFT's directors being Shinbo copycat but SHAFT recently confirmed that they actually had "a director manual" for everyone to follow.
>>
>>135336700
If you can't tell the difference between Kazumi Ikeda designs and Shouko Ikeda designs you really shouldn't be talking about character designers.

See how it works?
>>
File: shot0010.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shot0010.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
>>135336435
>Tsuki
>trash

Anon, I was sure that not everything you said would be wrong. I was wrong to have placed any faith in you.

Like, everything you said was the opposite of what happened. Especially about the visuals. My favourite visual cue that I hate that they keep doing is replacing objects/people in a given scene with kanji. That is the lamest shit. I 'get' it, but visually, it's boring as fuck, and they keep doing it.

SS was better than Owari in every way.
Every way.
>>
>>135335004
>Same way the nips have always done it.
Japan count Shirobako as 2015
http://wc2014.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime4vip/1450795678/
>>
>>135336676
At least for me, it was that fact that the pacing was just terrible and it was almost exclusively just half-hour long pretentious, repetitive dialogues between an edgy no-fun-allowed character and one who does best when she has other characters to riff off of. It just didn't work for me. It felt like Nisio genuinely thought he was deep instead of having fun with it. And to top it all off, Shaft really phoned it in on the visuals which is one of the most important parts of making monogatari work, or at least they did for broadcast, I didn't watch the BDs, so they might have been better. I'd almost be tempted to say the monogatari formula didn't really work with a small cast of characters since it's so focused on fun dialogues and characters interacting but Owari did a damn good job with a limited cast so it must just be that the chemistry didn't work in Hana, even though I like Kanbaru a lot normally. She was great in Owari.
>>
>>135336819
It really isn't a joke anyway, I was never joking anyway. It has been obvious for some time that Shinbo "directs" nothing there in the conventional sense and just oversees the other directors. He even said as much in a Madoka interview way back. Nobody can do that much output in a year, a literal impossibility.

>>135336835
I'm not talking about character designers, you were talking about directors and specifically saying that all SHAFT directors were indistinguishable. I am telling you that if you can't notice the difference between their work on monogatari, the differences in which are quite frequently pointed out, you have no place in opining on the matter. You quite often see people noting how different Nisemonogatari on feels from Bakemonogatari. Why would that be? Switch of directors.

>>135336901
Not for sales, moron.
http://www38.atwiki.jp/uri-archive/pages/51.html
>>
File: jc_staff.jpg (433KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
jc_staff.jpg
433KB, 1552x1015px
>>135334765
>Which company performed best in 2015?

JC Fucking Staff.

JC Staff literally cannot stop producing quality anime.
>>
>>135336950
Sales too.
Here is oricon 2015 anime series BD+DVD sales.
>>
>>135336950
that's not the point.
>someone says two things are the same
>someone says they aren't
are they the same?
>>
>>135336939
That might have been it, since I actually enjoy pretentious dialogue a little.
What I really should do is a complete rewatch of the Monogatari series. I never rewatched anything and even now I don't remember how Araragi's and Shinobu's connection was broken.
>>
>>135336996
Yeah, oricon great.

I am talking about the 2ch sales threads and the posters there that compile the data and have done in the same way since the data was compiled. Now please stop being so new.
>>
>>135337042
>2ch
Your wiki link is not 2ch and BD/DVD sales thread already separated from 2ch.
Also, do you forget Kyoani have Free! movie this year? are you saying it doesn't count because BD/DVD not released yet even it's getting box office number currently?
>>
>>135337006
It isn't one person though. It is a fairly common opinion that monogatari changes after Bake. Even people who have no viewing sophistication what so ever tend to notice the shift.

>>135337150
>Your wiki link is not 2ch and BD/DVD sales thread already separated from 2ch.
What is your point supposed to be? The point of wikis like
http://www38.atwiki.jp/uri-archive/
and
http://dvdbd.wiki.fc2.com/
were always to compile/store the sales data from the 2ch sales threads and they have never changed their way of doing it either in those threads whilst they were still there or now. Anime have always gone in the year of first release for the purposes of sales on these sites.
>>
>>135337150
movie is far different than series. don't compare movie with series it's different world itself. The cost the number of sales, the profit the bd prices, etc. And free movie i heard was flopping.
>>
>>135337015
I forgot how it was broken and started watching the BDs for the first time too. It happened during that big black ball chasing Araragi's lolis.
>>
>>135336806
That's not a reason because kyoani usually is rarely making a series not just this year.
>>
>>135337015
I think it becomes a lot more clear what holds up and what doesn't once you already know what's going on. Bake holds up great no matter how many times you watch it, even if you know the story inside and out, because it's really a masterpiece in terms of integrating animation, dialogue, and storytelling. A lot of the others are much more hit and miss though, especially the ones which are much more heavy on the talking in circles and pretentious, intentionally obtuse dialogues. In particular whenever Gaen or Kagenui comes on screen you know you're in for an earful of meaningless talking in circles. I think Owari is one of the seasons that will work just as well a second time though, especially Ougi Formula, that arc is up there with some of the ones in Bake. Also Ougi's OP is the best since Staple Stable, it's too good.
>>
>>135337223
The point is there is no "2ch sales threads" anymore since last year, they already separated from 2ch.
Also all your "sales data from 2ch" are oricon numbers.
Oricon say anything unless you can find numbers are not from Oricon(don't say sound scan, sound scan sales ranking was died at November, they're gone forever.)
>>
■ initial rankings
|Initial mobilization|Theater number|cumulative| title

400,235,800 yen 251,811 people 121 Theaters 2.8 billion Love Live The School Idol Movie

400,003,600 yen 271,279 people 129 Theaters 2.08 billion Madoka Rebellion

316,310,450 yen 237,817 people 137 Theaters 1.9 billion K-ON!

198,177,700 yen 161,225 people * 64 Theaters 1.04 billion Ano Hana

171,622,400 yen 117,413 people * 43 Theaters * 560 million Madoka 2

149,876,900 yen * 81,262 people * 39 Theaters * 670 million The Idolmaster

138,563,400 yen * 91,957 people * 43 Theaters * 590 million Madoka 1

136,899,100 yen * 93,614 people 103 Theaters * 850 million Psycho Pass

130,479,900 yen * 73,716 person * 94 Theaters * 740 million Tiger and Bunny The Rising

128,438,980 yen * 84,752 people * 77 Theaters **. * Billion Girls Und Panzer

122,889,700 yen * 84,402 people * 50 Theaters * 550 million Nanoha A's

120,000,000 yen ***, *** people * 80 Theaters **. * one hundred million Yowamushi Pedal

117,803,100 yen * 81,772 people * 38 Theaters * 700 million Macross F Wings of Goodbye

117,654,900 yen * 73,413 person * 70 Theaters * 600 million Tiger and Bunny The Beginning

100,757,700 yen * 69,117 people * 30 Theaters * 500 000 000 Index Miracle of Endymion

* 89,010,100 yen * 60,306 people * 24 Theaters * 850 million Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

There are some new one if you can update. The movie profits are different
>>
>>135337282
Won't say it's flop, but they sure overestimated.
>>
>>135336435
>Shinobu Mail was handle very well
>the pacing wasn't complete trash
I am a Nisio fanboy but I am pretty sure that Hana and Shinobu Mail are some of his worst works ever written, followed by Sodachi Fiasco. Shinobu Mail especially has terrible pacing overall and I am pretty sure Shaft only able to improvised it by a small margin.
>>
>>135337400
You are pointing out the obvious and it doesn't even conflict I am stating. You are arguing about nothing the 2ch sales threads have always done it the same way by year of first release and Japanese fans continue to classify sales in the same way now. What Oricon have done or say is completely irrelevant as if where the sales threads reside.
>>
>>135334765
Sunrise. As always.
>>
>>135336516
You're half right. The thing that upsets me about KyoAni is that they're such a talented studio, but they're not doing anything I care about. That's not a knock against them, but still.

Also, they have two art style 'lineages'; the K-On! clan, and the Hyouka house, which evolved from the Haruhi, and begat the KnK. Fuck any show in the K-On! clan.
>>
>>135337509
I don't know, except for Gaen's part with the obtuse explanation about how the first servant came back to life and what it had to do with the shrine and the oddities, I enjoyed Shinobu Mail. Kanbaru was great in it and I thought the general plot was pretty engaging and interesting.
>>
>>135336080
Creative autism at its finest.
>>
File: 20150911220410.jpg (15KB, 153x233px) Image search: [Google]
20150911220410.jpg
15KB, 153x233px
>>135337542
>still saying "2ch threads".
Besides, the japanese sales thread are trash-no pictures, filled with dumbass, still don't know how to estimated sales.
I rather go with baidu since they have a lot better sales data, or someanithing(other that his blindly CGI hate).
>>
>>135337508
I heard it was sold less than highspeed that sold around 95 million. So it's very very low compared to those numbers.
>>
>caring about sales at all
>>
>>135337590
Someone post the chart.
>>
>>135337223
And lots of people can difference between KyoAni's "sameface" that's not really sameface. People noticing a shift in directing doesn't mean they directors aren't trying to copy Shinbo and failing to do it properly. People thinking KyoAni's faces are the same doesn't mean the designers don't have their individual styles while still being influenced by the others'.

The point is, differences and similarities are in the eye of the beholder. It's rare for something to be objectively identical, but people search for different key aspects for similarities and some might look at shape while others look at color.

>>135337347
>2015
2 KnK movies
High Speed!
Hibike!
(that's 1 season and 3 movies)
>2014
Tamako Love Story
Amagi Brilliant Park
Chuuni Ren
Free! ES
(that's 3 seasons and 1 movie)
>2013
KnK
Free!
Tamako Market
Chuu2 Recap
(that's 3 seasons and a movie)
>2012
Hyouka (2 cour)
Chuuni
(that's 3 seasons)

In the last years, KyoAni usually took 1 season off per year if you don't count movies. This is the first year since 2004 that has 3 seasons without a KyoAni show.
>>
>>135337492
Wait, what is this relating to for this thread?
>>
>>135336986
I agree i prefer jc staff compared to these 3 studio and jc staff produce more series this year of 2015
>>
>>135337693
This is all irrelevant still. I don't know what special kind of autism causes you to feel you have to deny the fact of this matter though. Both of those wikis and the sales threads all run by Japanese fans have all done it in the same way since they began and still do now. Making me quite correct in my statement.
>>
>>135336986
That chart pisses me off every time, and ti just gets worse the more people add to it. You have like three of their good shows and a bunch of mediocre LN adaptations from the last five years.
>>
>>135337770
someone want to know the standard of movie sales.
>>
>>135334765
I prefer IMS as the best one .
>>
>>135337780
The fact is their recent year database is trash, i rather use something better like http://www.bilibili.com/video/av3448677/
>>
>>135337735
Differences in the way people try to imitate are differences, as I have said previously if you are unable to notice these differences where many people do you shouldn't be talking about direction.
>>
>>135337735
Ultimate megax said it sold around 95million. Is it getting better now ?
>>
>>135337871
>I'd rather use something that classifies things the way my autism says it should be!
Ok friend. You stick to your special snowflake method and I will stick to the way it has always been done.
>>
>>135337819
It really is the worst. The only thing on that chart that's both good and from the last decade is toradora, everything else is either complete trash or old enough that it's not even relevant to the modern studio's work anymore.
>>
>>135337735
HS movie opened in 120 theaters and earn only 95,550,000 million
compare to other movies performance it's far from good, m8 cmiiw.
>>
>>135337933
H&C. Almost out of the last decade, but not much older than Toradora, and still relevant, especially if they do 3gatsu.
>>
>>135337873
Joke's on you, I don't watch shit like Monogatari, it's disgusting.
>>
>>135337908
Actually, the weekly sales thread always been done at each Tuesday is copy from chinese baidu with pictures.

Btw Dec 27 daily sales.
>>
>>135337969
Really hoping that Kenichi Kasai will direct for Sangatsu.
>>
>>135337975
>Sandaime J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE
This has to be the dumbest group name I've ever heard.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPzeO5iPJ4M

Baiting aside, I really hope other studios successfully follow this example.
I feel like shaft is on its way.
>>
>>135337590
There is only 1 lineage due to them running their own animation school. Even K-ON and Hyouka are pretty similar with the absence of pink anime hair and the profile views look indistinguishable.
>>
>>135337975
Yeah that is great and all but Japanese fans still continue to classify by year of first release the same way it has always been done.

What is your particular autism about this based upon anyway?

Is it because one particular show you like happens to look better in a year if it is classified as the year it finished in rather than the year it started in? I bet it is.
>>
>>135338087
He seems to be ESL, so I think he's gotten hung up over something about the way Japs do things without getting that you're just talking about the year classification.
>>
>>135338064
K-on and Hyouka's styles are hugely fucking different
>>
>>135338018
>kyoanus
>being an example for others

>nothing but moe moe SoL SoL shit
>example
Nicely memed
>>
>>135338145
>>nothing but moe moe SoL SoL shit
>>example
>Nicely memed
nicely memed
>>
>>135338145
>knowing full well the post was about standard of animation quality
>pretending to be that retarded
Nicely baited
>>
>>135338127
Probably the same one guy who argues non-stop about this every single time someone brings up Shirobako as a 2014 show rather than a 2015 one. I should just stop really.
>>
>>135338192
To be fair, if we talk about sales, Shirobako=2014 show.
But if we talk about the show itself, then it's 2015(just like Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and some other 2014 fall 2 cour shows), so i don't think it's same person.

And that's standard from Japanese fans(like the "2ch 2014 top 50 anime" not included 2014 fall 2 cour shows but included 2013 fall 2 cour shows)
>>
>>135338186
kyoani cannot be used as standard most of the time it's sol and sol hardly need a good animation.
>>
>>135338258
shirobako is 2014 anime both sales and the anime. And who cares about 2ch.
>>
>>135338324
See you in about 3 days later.
>>
>>135338283
>using genre/studio name as an excuse to deny objectively good animation.
Its like you really are 12.

Shaft is my favorite studio. It would be a dream come true of they could successfully internalize them selves like Kyoani. To consistently produce well animated shows while keeping their own style and genres. As well as profit.
>>
>>135338384
see you what newfag, stop being an idiot.
>>
>>135338392
every studio has bad and good animation. thinking otherwise just mean you're uderage newfag.
>>
>>135338324
So you care 2ch as year classification or not?
>>
>>135338439
what? in english please. i have said no in that posting.
>>
>>135338407
Calling people newfag won't make you old.
And what i'm saying is there will be a thread about 2ch 2015 top 50 anime at 3 days later, though i'm too lazy to create the thread, but i bet someone will.
>>
>>135338432
>entirely missing the point of the post
>that damage control
I didn't say that any studio had only good animation.
Over the past few years Kyoanis animation has definitely not been getting worse. Some would argue that it has been getting better (I think it has) but it definitely has not been getting worse. I'm talking animation quality wise, not genre or choice of shows.
That consistency in quality came with them working within the studio. Something that most studios do, but not to the extent of Kyoani.
>>
>>135334765
Sunrise.
>>
>>135338580
Of course they're always looks good. Their genre choice is a slice of life literally the genre where the animation is not necesity and you can get away most of the time by putting still image.
>>
>>135338432
Are you trying to be retarded? Good and bad are relative. Modern KyoAni's worst animated show is still better than many or even most other studios best work. On the other hand Shaft is very hit and miss and it's extremely polarized. Whether they will animate a Madoka or a Mekaku City Actors is basically a coin flip. KyoAni is without a doubt the most consistently high quality studio in the industry today, and that isn't even up for debate. That doesn't mean everything they make is good in terms of content but from a standpoint of technical proficiency no one who knows anything would deny it.
>>
File: haru charm.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
haru charm.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>135338283
yeah errybody knows only REAL animes for REAL manly men that are action packed like naruto and Attack on Titans should be taken as benchmarks for REAL sakuga amirite.

In all seriousness, KyoAni is held high for their animation because they pack their shows with movement when other studios would take SoL as an opportunity to cheap out and not bother using budget on character mannerisms and stuff. If it were easy to make even SoL shows look as good as KyoAni does, there wouldn't be so many shitty looking SoLs and harems out there. That said, KyoAni's recent shows have had a lot of technical value in animation. Hibike had hand-drawn animation for instruments that matched the music, and flawless instruments, even if brass instruments are a mess of tubes and highlights, KyoAni nailed it. Free! had very, very good looking swimming scenes and water animation. Those things are something no other studio has pulled off as flawlessly for a TV show. Phantom World, KnK, and Chuuni involve a lot of action (although we don't know about PW for certain yet). Hyouka had lots of surreal scenes or expository sequences that involved over the top animation. Nichijou is had a lot of action in its jokes and all of them were perfectly animated. These last two shows are considered by many people the best animated TV anime of all time. K-on and Tamako Market had lots of focus on character acting and details in mannerisms, and K-on had lots of silly scenes with lots of movement.

etc, etc, etc.
>>
>>135338551
You need to be more precise when posting. you're confusing people and what this top 50 anime. You meant 2015 top 50 anime. Yea nobody cares about their criteria. they're just imageboard or textboard like 4chan.
>>
File: mirai leap.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mirai leap.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>135338705
>>
>>135335806
fite me fagit
>>
>>135338192
Yeah, you really should stop since you both look extremely autistic.
>>
>>135338718
>Yea nobody cares about their criteria.
Well, you can go search "2014(or 2013,2012) 2ch anime" in google.
And we care about that since 2012.
>>
>>135338633
>going back to genre as an excuse

Anon, I think its time you go to bed.
>>
>>135338676
No you're the one retarded. called me again when kyoani animating full packed action at least 2 cour continuously series like gundam, naruto and sort of and can do consistently good unlike a still image show like SOL .
>>
>>135338731
>>
>>135338779
It's true genre is very good excuse. You need to take a medicine because you're desperate now .
>>
File: flowers.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
flowers.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>135338784
>>
>>135338772
The only one care is you nobody cares actually. we just care and like to shitpost and never care about the content classification because it come from the same qualified as shitposting board.
>>
>>135338811
But its not.
as >>135338705 stated even their SOL's pack more movement than most studios action manly shows.
>>
>>135338633
That's possibly the most retarded thing ever posted on this site. Hyouka is a primarily SoL high school series and it's probably the most beautifully and intricately animated TV anime of all time, period. The festival arc is a marvel of detail and atmosphere, the sheer amount of background work, life, and energy they pack into every scene is more animation-intensive than a heavy action sequence in most series. Again, anyone who knows anything wouldn't dispute it. It's actually a mark in KyoAni's favor that they can do so much even when they work primarily in a genre that doesn't have much room for flashy animation sequences and dramatic flourishes. Their use of lighting, camera effects, color, and subtle character acting are exceptional. You clearly know nothing about animation.
>>
>>135338888
Eventhough it's packed more than your average still image sol. It's nothing to be proud about. And if you want to state the clip as something to be considered at least put where you got this. movie is far different than anime series. it's like comparing db super and the db movie itself.
>>
>>135338856
Keep denying.
>>
File: 1336947114147.gif (3MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1336947114147.gif
3MB, 250x141px
>>135338781
>fighting scenes are the only real display of good animation
shiggy diggy

>>135338811
It's not a good excuse at all. Kill Me Baby and Nichijou are both comedies and both have watercolor backgrounds and simplistic cartoony character designs. A genre doesn't imply a certain degree of stills or animation, and KyoAni is known for filling their shows with movement and sakuga (note sakuga doesn't mean fight scenes) despite the genre. Chuu2 is a romcom, it still has better action scenes than some battle anime.

I don't have any Nichijou webms so this'll have to do.
Here's a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug8ItuvZM7w

>>135338974
These are all from TV anime mate, thanks for proving the point that their TV anime look like movies.
>>
>>135338974
No senpai, they aren't saying that Kyoani SoL look better than average SoL, they're saying that Kyoani SoL look better and are more actively animated than pretty much anything anyone else makes. It might be a good idea to get a firmer grasp on the English language before posting on an English imageboard.
>>
>>135338974
>having good animation is not something to be proud about.
What
>>
>>135338947
Yeah you're just being an idiot newfag because in the end hyouka just a pretier unmoving background unlike fighting movement where you need consistently changing background and perspective. And even hyouka just a cherry picking.
>>
>>135338633
>>135338811
Most shows, in all genres have very little movement the majority of the time.

Also, it's not as if Kyoukai no Kanata, The Second Raid or Nichijou are worth considering as a "slice of life" show for this discussion. Nichijou specifically has very dynamic animation.

Finally, when comparing SoL shows from other studios it becomes very noticeable that this isn't a very easy feat to do. I think only the first episode of Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 is a highschool show with a similarly noticeable high level of animation, but they couldn't keep that up of course due to resource organization.
>>
File: 1420003381195.jpg (110KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1420003381195.jpg
110KB, 680x383px
I'd choose Madhouse, because they created Death Parade, OreMono, Overlord and OPM in the same year. That's great.
Otherwise, Shaft > PA > Kyoani. Still don't understand the casuals' obsessin with kyoani "quality" animation. Yeah, they can make eyecandies, but Shaft makes experiences.
>>
>>135339043
It's true your special snowflake a bit moving of water is not even worth considered as good animation because you can rehash it most of the time.
>>
File: chuu2.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
chuu2.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>135339049
>>
>>135339049
honestly if you think i have watched even one of the webm you are gravely mistaken i don't care enough.
>>
>>135338974
Find an anime series with better animation than Nichijou in any genre and in any era including that Ghibli TV series. And for the love of everything holy don't say Ep 21 of Raxephon or Dennou Coil
>>
Guys, anime is just a bunch of frames put together. Therefore its all just a bunch of stills that anyone can do! There is no quality!
>>
File: 1381432045166.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1381432045166.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>135339169
I don't care, that only goes to prove that you're discussing about something you don't know about.
>>
>>135339087
You can deny it as hard as you can but SOL is indentic of still image and rehashed image.
>>
>>135338283
Someone clueless about animation like you shouldn't really talk about it. Also KnK and Chuuni have fair amount of action scenes and they have the basic quality most action anime need.
>>
File: 1446682202727.jpg (65KB, 409x497px) Image search: [Google]
1446682202727.jpg
65KB, 409x497px
>>135339226
nobody is falling for that
>>
>>135337904
It earned 200 million more.
Still decent, but not spectacular.
>>
>>135339098
>Madhouse
>Shaft creates experiences
This is some high tier shitposting anon.
>>
>>135339177
I prefer don't watch sol and i prefer don't care about sol. nichijou is sol comedy with very bad visual.
>>
>>135339262
and you are shitposting crossborder with very bad english
>>
>>135339049
>fighting scenes are the only real display of good animation
>shiggy diggy
sometimes they do, anon. Good fighting scenes are difficult to construct.
>>
File: 1444552144636.jpg (57KB, 554x644px) Image search: [Google]
1444552144636.jpg
57KB, 554x644px
>>135339262
>nichijou is sol comedy with very bad visual
>>
>>135339214
this gif has more unique frames that a whole season of monogatari combined
>>
>>135339230
That's only in your imagination for moeblobshit to have strong action content.
>>
>>135339283
>and you are shitposting crossborder with very bad english
You need to learn english, idiot.
>>
File: 1440390616844.jpg (4MB, 9600x7560px) Image search: [Google]
1440390616844.jpg
4MB, 9600x7560px
>>135339177
Hyouka arguably, but the point still stands.
>>
>>135339328
Stop it, anon. You clearly have proven that you didn't even bother watching those moeblob shit before stating your point.
>>
>>135339292
>Good fighting scenes are difficult to construct
And so is good character animation.
>>
>>135339214
I know for certain that kyoani is specialize in random moeblob anime and nothing else, though. They hardly have any experience to handle action packed anime.
>>
>>135339427
bonus bait points for replying to the most action packed image of the bunch!
>>
>>135339402
I have watched some of it. it's always the same still image added some computer effect and nothing special. i already being humble most of the time though. if you want to keep denying it it's your problem though.
>>
File: ichijo.png (676KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
ichijo.png
676KB, 853x480px
this is like comparing home grown tomatoes, home grow potatoes, and home roasted coffee

all 3 are the best there is and will ever be
but they are certainly very different and it doesn't make much sense to rank them
they all coexist sharing the top quite nicely
>>
>>135339427
I bet you think Goku could be Saitama
>>
>>135339406
True but character animation is one of the basic shit an animator needs to master. Dynamic action animation surpasses character animation in any way.
>>
>>135339540
The scary part is people will actually think you're serious.
>>
>>135339427
What is FMP?
What is Munto?
What is KnK?
>>
>>135339406
I think in term of skill ceiling, action animation's is much higher than character animation.
And most of the time, a good action animator is also a good character animator as well.
>>
>>135339540
Go tell that to Disney's legendary animators. There's a reason why their best character animators are seen as one of the all-time greats. Good character involves more than just movement; the animator needs to make the character act, just like how a live-action performance would work.
>>
>>135339540
To be honest action scenes are a director's job. No animator worth their time isn't going to be unable to fulfill a director's vision. Hirao used to be pretty good at directing action scenes in a way that doesn't overwhelm the viewer with beam spam but sucks dick now and there really isn't that much of a good action director on the field in Japan anymore.
>>
>>135339483
>computer effect
>disregards any actual animated action scenes.
You are funny, anon. Keep trying. Oh, and I am not even a Kyoanus fan.
>>
>>135339625
But that's actually not true.
Conveying motion in action/Conveying emotion in characters are two completely different things. To say otherwise proves you know absolutely nothing about animation or drawing at all. You should stop posting immediately.
>>
Look at this SoL shit filled with stills and with no merit in animation!
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/11417/animated-artist_unknown-debris-effects-kyoukai_no_
>>
>>135337570
>>135335215
>>135338627
We have winners. Everyone in this thread are faggots
>>
>>135339646
Masahiro Ando is still good at directing action, and in recent years Hiroyuki Yamashita has proven himself to be a solid action director.
>>
>>135334765
Not kyoani, that's for sure. They are the epitome of plebeian mediocrity.
>>
>>135339625
Motion continuity in subtle movements and body language can be harder than sword smashing or a bunch of fast-moving frames that don't need as much precision in movements.
>>
>>135339640
Of course I know that fact, anon. Please do understand that besides basic actions of any given characters, dynamic poses and movements are crucial in any animation, be it sol or action packed.

>>135339646
Undeniably true.
>>
>>135339713
Name one good Japanese action animator who can't do character animation well.

And KyoAni's character animation isn't even that impressive.
They rely too much on symbolic acting.
They only guy at KyoAni who came close to be called a good character animator is Kigami.
It's funny that he's also the only person who can do passable action animation at KyoAni.
>>
>>135336986
Does anyone know what font is used there? I want to make a non-terrible one.
>>
>>135339785
Honestly can't take him seriously after Under the Reddit. And I can't comment on Yamashita because I haven't seen Naruto.
>>
>>135339884
Hironori Tanaka's character animation is awkward as hell.
>>
>>135339954
>Honestly can't take him seriously after Under the Reddit
As long as the action scenes are well-made, that project wouldn't do any harm to his reputation for crafting great action sequences.
>>
Praise the almighty destroyer, Toei Animation
>>
>>135339884
I'm pretty sure Ishidate was decent in his pre director days. And them focusing on symbolic acting or as people call it body language is more of Yamada trait than a KyoAni overall direction.
>>
>>135339954
The guy who ran the initial PR, including the AMA, got replaced months ago and is now stuck with a kickstarted videogame project that never had a programmer.
>>
>>135339884
If action animation is harder, then why are many of the best-regarded Japanese animators known for their character animation?
e.g. Osamu Tanabe, Toshiyuki Inoue, Hiroyuki Okiura, Takeshi Honda
>>
>>135340048
It's not just the body language.
It's the predefined pattern of how a character moves or acts.
If you've seen one KyoAni show, you pretty much have seen all of their "patterns".
There's nothing new.
>>
Toei. Gear Fourth will be a landmark in animation.
>>
>>135340086
>e.g. Osamu Tanabe, Toshiyuki Inoue, Hiroyuki Okiura, Takeshi Honda
Because they happen to do like doing character animation more than action?
And let's not forget that all of them except for Tanabe started out as action animators.
>>
>>135340122
I have never read something so wrong.
KyoAnus is successful in large part because they're one of the few studios that actually is able to effectively use animation itself as a venue of story telling.
And they're really really good at it.
>>
KyoAni's proud of theri character animation so much but got destroyed by a robot show.
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/19418
>>
>>135340208
>rotoscope
ayy lmao
>>
>>135339891
Is it Minion?
>>
>>135340197
Seriously, post a good "character animation" from a recent KyoAni shows that is not similar to any animation from their older shows.
>>
>>135340197
If they're so successfull why their output is usually low. This year only 1 series compared to jc staff.
>>
File: MinionPro[1].gif (13KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
MinionPro[1].gif
13KB, 432x288px
>>135340225
Just double-checked and now I'm pretty sure it's Minion. The k, y, and f convinced me.
>>
>>135340182
>And let's not forget that all of them except for Tanabe started out as action animators.
Not really, Inoue was already doing character animation way back and I'd describe Okiura as a mecha specialist in his early career.
>>
Kyoani only release 23 anime series counting season2 as seperate anime since 1998 why so low ?
>>
>>135340225
>>135340344
Alright, thanks. I know jack about fonts.
>>
File: 1402948664117.gif (3MB, 442x250px) Image search: [Google]
1402948664117.gif
3MB, 442x250px
>>135340281
What is the point of the "not similar to older shows" condition?
>>
>>135340315
Kyoani only makes shows/adaptations of stuff they publish. Jc is constantly tasked with doing shows to advertise stuff. Also, doing more shows is not always a good thing. Silver link does 3 a season, and all 3 suffer for it.
>>
>>135340449
>since 1998
For one, they weren't actually producing their own shows in 1998.
>>
>>135340459
So do I, I just googled it.
>>
>>135340281
Literally anything.
And beside maybe the few Key shows they did, none of their works are at all very similar.

>>135340315
Unlike JC Staff, they can afford not to waste their time and efforts quickly pumping out loads of shit.
They take their time, care, and really put out something incredible.

The thing about the three studios in the OP is that they are all consistently the toppest of excellent.
No one's saying other studios don't make amazing shows or can't do wonderful beautiful work - But none of these three has ever made a not amazing/wonderful/beautiful work.
>>
>>135340371
>Inoue was already doing character animation way back
When?

>Okiura as a mecha specialist in his early career
He did all kind of action animation.
Actually he only animated mech in like 4 shows.
>>
>>135340449
compared to jc staff that's 90 + 6
ova
>>
>>135340513
>And beside maybe the few Key shows they did, none of their works are at all very similar
I'm talking about the animation, how characters move, not the design.

>>135340469
>What is the point of the "not similar to older shows" condition?
Is it hard for you to follow a discussion?
>>
>>135340469
>rotoscope
ayy lmao
>>
>>135340513
>none of these three has ever made a not amazing/wonderful/beautiful work
Are you kidding me?
>>
>>135340315
They're still a relatively small studio so they don't have anough people to produce more things at a time. They put quality over quantity and this has proven successful for them so there's no need to lose their reputation of great animators just to publish more things quickly. That would also defeat the purpose of KyoAni, since its goal since it was founded was to make anime that doesn't look like shit.
>>
>>135340479
not all kyoani anime is their IP like amagi and stuffs.
>>135340484
who cares about that both advertising and selling a lone do increase profit and paying montly wages.
>>135340513
not really their sales usually just mediocre for that low output.
>>
>>135340281
One show, they animate a sword wielding girl, the other, some guys in a swim club, then they animate a large amount of people intricately playing brass instruments, then they animate mascots.

I think that's pretty diverse, animation wise.
>>
>>135340513
SHAFT made Mekaku City Actors and that's quite something.
>>
>>135340315
KyoAni was moving locations in 2015, which is why there was a gap between Hibike and the Free movie.
>>
>>135340598
Isn't jc staff and kyo ani only has 1 or 2 difference number of employee.
>>
>>135340626
God, i'm talking about symbolic acting, not those specialized subjects.
>>
>>135340513
>But none of these three has ever made a not amazing/wonderful/beautiful work.
>Shaft

Pls. I love them but whether or not they make something incredible or irredeemably shit is basically a coin flip. When they hit they hit hard, Bakemonogatari is basically a masterpiece in terms of the integration of animation and storytelling, but they've also made some pretty bad shit too. And you never know what will be which. No one would have thought a series as bad as Nisekoi would get so much love, but for whatever reason Shaft decided to put their all into it and singlehandedly redeemed a terrible source material into something extremely entertaining to watch. I'd say the only studio who can genuinely attest to always producing quality work is KyoAni.
>>
>>135340648
It's not changing anything that their overal output is very low compared to jc staff. kyo ani 23 series + 2 ovas. jc staff 97 series + 6 ovas and many of them is double cour unlike kyo ani.
>>
>>135340666
Okay, post one example of 'symbolic acting' so I can see what you mean by that.
>>
>>135340666
The hibike finger scene on the mountain.
>>
>>135340519
>When?
Way back in Gu Gu Ganmo. Even his work in Akira had acting bits.

>Actually he only animated mech in like 4 shows.
He was a regular on those few mecha anime though. Okiura did a lot of work on Layzner and Ziliion.
>>
>>135340722

Realistic acting: https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/19477
Symbolic acting: https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/19278

KyoAni relies on the latter too much.
It's always the same "take" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=976x7-36MoM) and it's always the same "shaking" when talking.
These are what animators call "symbol".
>>
File: 1385075868466.gif (1MB, 250x258px) Image search: [Google]
1385075868466.gif
1MB, 250x258px
>>135340786
Or mostly anything from the OVA, really. As recent as it can get. Here's a little bonus.
>>
>>135340610
>who cares about that both advertising and selling a lone do increase profit and paying montly wages.
What? You asked why they'd made so few shows since 1998, and I'm just saying that part of that is because they weren't making shows until 2003.
>>
>>135340549
Nichijou had a diffrent animation from Haruhi that has a different animation from Keion and Tamako Market that has a different animation from Lucky Star. Those are the glaringly different animation types in the KyoAni portfolio.
>>
>>135337492
>LL sales was added Live Viewing sales.
>>
>>135340610
The studio that made Clannad, Free, Lucky Star, Haruhi and motherfucking Keion has mediocre sales in the eyes of this retard. Ok then senpai.
>>
>>135340824
dude, anime as a whole depends "too much" on symbolic acting because of its stylized human designs. If anything, KyoAni still has a lot of realistic subtle acting and facial expressions.
>>
>>135340847
sorry i misquoting i have faulty monitor.
>>
>>135340801
>Way back in Gu Gu Ganmo. Even his work in Akira had acting bits.
Of course he have animated some of character acting, everyone does.
Still, most of his works in Ganmo that people remember are action.
>>
>>135340897
>its stylized human designs
Stylization doesn't stop a good animator from doing good acting animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hagy9dyfqao
>>
>>135334765
Doga Kobo /thread
>>
>>135340936
are you saying that's realistic acting?
>>
>>135340697
I know, but doing one series this year isn't very indicative of their output.

As others have noted, they are a smaller studio with a mostly in-house staff. They are more financially independent than studios like A1 which are thrown money to create teams for a shit ton of projects, often resulting in more inconsistent animation. I don't know too much about JC but I assume they are one of the larger studios currently.
>>
>>135340847
JC staff start producing too since 2001 so only 2 years difference but the difference are quite steep.
>>
File: 1344922346240.png (34KB, 213x292px) Image search: [Google]
1344922346240.png
34KB, 213x292px
>>135340936
>Utsunomiya character designs
>>
>>135334765
I loved Owari, so I'm going to go with SHAFT. Even if people disagree with me on that, they still have 2016 on lock with Kizu and shit.
>>
>>135340980
JC does do a lot more shows than KyoAni per year, but 2001 is wrong.
>>
>>135340906
That doesn't mean Inoue started off as an action animator nonetheless.
>>
Every single one of these threads, the guy going "Kyoani isn't as good as this other studio" has a poor grasp of English grammar.
>>
>>135340963
Kyoani actually 5 years older than jc staff
>>
>>135340961
In animation, "realistic" have nothing to do with how exaggerate a character acts.
Disney animation is based on stage acting. Real people doesn't act like a Disney character but Disney's animation is still considered realistic.

Mitsuo Iso's animation is not symblic.
>>
>>135341020
I only see/ use anime series data since 1998. so jc staff started on 2001
>>
>>135341000
Fucking pleb.
Kill yourself, mate.
>>
>>135341044
As a studio, but Kyoani didn't start doing their own work until 2003 and J.C. Staff started doing their own work in 1994.
>>
>>135341064
>I only see/ use anime series data since 1998. so jc staff started on 2001
What the fuck sort of logic is this?
>>
>>135341079
>this famous animator can do no wrong, anyone who dislikes his work is a pleb!
Utsunomiya is a great animator, but how can anyone like his utterly unappealing designs in beyond me. And this is coming from someone who likes Ohira's style.
>>
>>135341084
I didn't put anything from jc staff before 2001 fall.
>>
>>135341103
Read the fucking chain of reply idiot. since the beginning i only state i only use 1998 data and above and nothing in 98 99 2000 that jc staff produce ( anime series )
>>
>>135341147
Utsunomiya was really good at shape language while maintaining 3-dimensional form.
Not many designer can do this. They're either good at one of them and not both.

His Animator Expo looks ugly though.
I don't know where he picked up that shitty shadow shape from.
>>
>>135341196
I see they did produce something but there is no sales data on it so i don't put it.
>>
JC staff do too many shows, they can't keep it in house and outsource everything. just look at the credits for their shows.
>>
>>135341057
>>135340824
I guess what you're trying to say 'symbolic' as in they used a predetermined template of animation to portray certain emotion and gestures?

To me, as long as the animation drawn suits the needs of the scene, and portrays the intended message, then it's good by me. The example you posted, the shaking part, I feel is warranted in that scene, as she was holding back her tears until she was shaking, so it can be justified.
>>
>>135341252
They much bigger than kyoani eventhough kyoani is 5 year older. everybody outsource jc staff output is astonishing seeing how many their release are and their experience in many genre.
>>
File: 1434125031872.jpg (550KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1434125031872.jpg
550KB, 1552x1015px
>>135341298
Fuck, I swear Slayers wasn't that retarded when I saved it. Mediocre is one thing, but that's terrible. Fixed.
>>
>>135341350
now you ruined WCW
also where is KMB
and I wouldn't take Prison School out, it was very funny
>>
>>135341350
Putting KareKano on that list is a bit of a stretch. They did animation on it but nearly all of the high level creative staff was Gainax.
>>
>Inoue: Talking of control, I for one find it a shame that every episode's art is too much unified. Being unified is a right thing for a commercial product, but animation is what a large group draw and everyone in the group has their own ideal and aesthetic sense. While I'm impressed, their perfectly coordinated performance makes me want them to ooze each episode staff's characteristics. Their motions concerns me, too. Their acting has a symbolic side.

>Interviewer: The readers might not get the meaning of symbolic. It means characters move in patterns.

>Inoue: That's it. They desperately often use the pattern of a preliminary action and a back-swaying like I said. I also notice their pattern of swinging hair after the body moves. It certainly gives a feel of careful animation, but it seems everyone aims for such animation. I feel a little uneasy at that. It would improve their animation more if they add more the patterns' variations or bring something like a real human's vividness into a character's acting.

>By pattern motions or symbolic motions, I'm not only referring to KyoAni, but the anime industry as a whole including myself. Even within the whole anime industry, few people can bring vividness into acting. Although their works as commercial products are amazing as they are, but it can be possible to bring vividness into works without interfering them. I think KyoAni is able to do it now.

I agreed with Inoue.
>>
>>135341459
Isn't gainax is the co produced one and jc staff is the main one .
>>
>>135341493
No, Anno and Tsurumaki directed it.
>>
>>135341522
Fair point but still jc staff has some significaant input on it because it's stated released by both gainax and jc staff. Or probably the money come from jc staff.
>>
>>135341469
Inoue truly is the GOAT
>>
>the amount of sheer retardation in this thread.
I mean, I know this is /a/. But this is /b/ tier shit posting. The worst part is people actually believe the shit that they post.

Kyoani is not my favorite studio. But its an undeniable fact that they do produce top quality animation consistently. That's really all there is, get over it. Watch your favorite shows from your favorite studios. There's nothing to argue.
>>
>>135337825
Those aren't the standard sales, those pretty much the megahits of anime movie adaptations. Come on, when your list ends with fucking Disappearance there's no way that it represents the average.
>>
>>135341588
The money did not come from J.C. Staff as Gainax produced it. It looks like a few people from J.C. did some episode direction and storyboarding but the majority are Gainax.
>>
>>135341663
You meant consistently producing better typical still image SOL ?
>>
>>135341663
>but its an undeniable fact that they do produce top quality animation consistently.

amagi and tamaflop being mediocre proves you wrong. hibikek was also nothing noteworthy in terms of visuals.
>>
>>135341688
>still image
You what?
>>
>>135341692
>hibikek was also nothing noteworthy in terms of visuals
Hand-drawn realistic orchestra performances aren't noteworthy?
>>
>>135341692
There's literally no reason to tell you how wrong you are again, but you are completely wrong.
Hibike in particular was impressive for rendering instruments more accurately than probably any other animation ever has, and in a seasonal anime to boot.
>>
>>135341688
>going back to the SOL argument
Read the thread.
Also, we're talking about Kyoani, not shaft.

>>135341692
>thinking your opinion is fact
Delusional
>>
>>135341736
He wants that inter galactic scene with explosions everywhere, because everyday ordinary scenes cannot be beautiful in any way whatsoever, silly!
>>
>>135339214
Look, I hope you realize you're being baited but do continue posting webms and gifs.
>>
>>135341746
PA's upcoming music anime should be able to match or best Hibike's instrument animation.
>>
File: talk01Header2[1].jpg (63KB, 880x382px) Image search: [Google]
talk01Header2[1].jpg
63KB, 880x382px
Is KyoAni the only studio who put this much effort into researching?
http://phantom-world.com/special/talk01/
>>
when the last time kyoani series hit above 10k in average?
>>
>>135341812
What kind of research was that?
>>
>>135341779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm_sS2ivLwI
No, they won't. It's not even close.
>>
>>135341774
Yes i did talk about kyoani.
>>
>>135341776
I mean, I honestly don't think their instruments being faithfully done is that good of a use of time/talent myself, but I'm not going to shitpost and say that it's not top-tier technical work.
>>
>>135341840
They talked about visual illusion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtA6u1HIqbg
>>
>>135341774
>thinking your opinion is fact
kyoanus lickers in a nutshell
>>
>>135341350
Anon, if you like I post the layered .png so its easier to edit.

I'll have to upload it elsewhere though, because it exceeds the image size limit of /a/.
>>
>>135341825
Free S2
>>
>>135341812
These are pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_C5x7PXQDQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dISzq4kIPc
>>
>>135341847
He's making a joke you idiot.
>>
>>135341779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65LOQWV-UfM

It will be super hard.
>>
>>135337723
>high speed movie
it was at 307 million yen after 3 weeks, and I didn't see todays numbers.

The KnK movies made around 93 millions and 161 million yens.
>>
>>135340824
So is symbolic acting the proper terminology for Japanese emoji expression acting? Such as looking downward with the eyes shaded over to represent gloom or frustration, which if you're overly accustomed to anime you may forget humans are incapable of making their eyes disappear. Or eyes swirling around to indicate they're about to cry. Sweat droplets appearing. >_< etc.
>>
>>135341896
So what it's more stupid not to answer it, idiot.
>>
>>135341966
I guess you could count them as symbolic acting but Japan has a more specific term for those.
>>
>>135341966
In drawing, it's called symbols too, or stylized.

I'm not sure about 'realistic' vs 'symbolic' acting expression is commonly used in the animation industry though, since I'm not that well versed in animation, I only draw.
>>
>>135342067
Symbolic acting is a term derived from "symbol" in drawing.
>>
>>135341964
So your point, is it successfull or not ?
>>
>>135341812
Kyoani's pretty interesting.
>>
>>135342139
It is moderately successful, but the producers probably expected more.

I just checked, it's still #9 in the fourth week, so the numbers will increase.

http://movie.walkerplus.com/ranking/japan/

(Youkai Watch > Star Wars for the second week makes me smile)
>>
>>135341779
The GirlsDeMo scenes in Angel Beats were made by copying live musicians with CGI then drawing over the crude models for the finished product. I assume Kyoani must have done the same thing for Euphonium. You know for a fact they have high-poly CGI instrument resources because you see them blatantly in the OP. Haruchika will probably be on par but how big a part is music in it? I'm reading that it's mystery genre. Anyways, the moral of the story is P.A. Works already accomplished the same technical feat as Euphonium at a smaller scope 5 years ago.
>>
>>135342493
Egypt and Japan are always like that when it comes to Holywood blockbusters. They watch em but not enough to surpass their countries movies.
>>
>>135334765
Euphonium > Owari >>>>>>>> Charlotte
Owari's director has improved a whole damn lot.
No idea why PA Works is an option here.
>>
>>135342506
Euphonium did not trace over actual musicians, though they certainly used actual musicians as reference material when doing their animation.
That said, Euphonium also rendered metal instruments extremely well and in a way that Haruchika will not surpass. The PV made that blatantly clear.
>>
>>135342506
>smaller scope
It's technically more difficult than anything in Euphonium.
Euphonium looks pretty but the movement and camera work aren't as complex as AB!'s concert scenes.
>>
If euphonium was better why can't it outsold the lesser sales of monogatari series not even reach 9k?>>135342807
>>
>>135342910
If YKA was better than Charlotte, why did Charlotte sell more?
>>
>>135342924
i don't watch charlote neither i know what yka is.
>>
>>135342978
Fucking ESLs
>>
>>135342910
Good post
>>
>>135342991
That's correct grammar you idiot.
>>
>>135343021
No it isn't.
>>
>>135343050
Yes it is go back to school kid .
>>
>>135343021
If it were correct, how would I have noticed you were ESL?
>>
>>135343092
because you are an idiot with low english profeciency skill.
>>
>>135342991
ESL you dimwit only singular learn to fucking count boy .
>>
Is this a sales thread or an art thread?

Because literally no one except the people stuffing money into their pockets should care about which company made the most money.
>>
File: Rage.png (19KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
Rage.png
19KB, 300x309px
>all these frick'n kiddos who've watched anime for barely 2 or 3 years are talking shit about Kyoani and/or shaft

And things will get only worse in 2016
>>
>>135343124
And that lets me accurately identify ESLs? Sure.
>>
File: Gundam is a serious show.png (403KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam is a serious show.png
403KB, 960x720px
>>135343061
I teach ESL, friend.
Let me see if I can help decipher that abomination of a post.
>i don't watch charlote neither i know what yka is.
The fun part is that this can have two different meanings, but since the grammar is so bad, no one can tell which one is the correct one.
>I didn't watch Charlotte, and I don't know what YKA is.
>I didn't watch Charlotte either, but I know what YKA is.
That post can mean either of those two things.

>tfw ESL students embody the worst qualities of teenagers, no matter their age
That unshakable confidence paired with the all but nonexistent knowledge is funny sometimes, but it's mostly just aggravating.
>>
>>135343021
>I don't watch Charlotte nor do I know what YKA is
>I don't watch Charlotte either. I know what YKA is.

pick one
>>
>>135343157
> lets
> ESL
You sure are the lowest of the ignorant idiot. Go fucking learn the fucking correct english, idiot.
>>
>>135343169
Go fucking learn english, idiot. You are so embarassing!
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (78KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
78KB, 854x480px
>>135342882
I couldn't find any clips on youtube but I recall it having the camera circling the stage, foreground and background, characters dancing around on the stage and lip syncing, all the instrument playing being viewable in the same shot. It probably is in fact more challenging.

Watching the Eupho clip again and I'm noticing you only see 1 person's fingers in any given shot practically the entire time. Everyone in the background's fingers are just out of frame. So the "entire concert band playing in synchronization" thing I hear isn't actually true. But that does make it plausible they didn't need to CGI the fingers.

These girls are totally CGI though.
>>
>>135343286
Why it's not pretty and blurry?
>>
File: 1447031401627.jpg (95KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1447031401627.jpg
95KB, 1440x810px
>>135343211
>Doubling down on the retardation so you can claim you were trolling
>>
>>135343398
>Let me see if I can help decipher that abomination of a post.
I stopped reading there because awful grammar.
Reading your ESL posting already make me puke, m80.
>>
English is hard for us non-native speakers.
Please don't bully.
>>
>>135343527
We only bully you if you try arguing with no grasp of what is being said. As long as you avoid that, we're nice global overlords.
>>
>>135343716
>we're nice global overlords.
China?
>>
>>135343286
This something I notice with Yamada's stroyboards actually. For example see the ED's of the second season of K-On!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnrIs2wiaHY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVKHZTL2a7o

You'll notice that mugi is using an organ with with a Top, as opposed to her stardand flat organ. This allows her to hide her hands, skipping the incredibly difficult piano animation. Further, in both clips, you see Mio hiding her mouth behind the mic, once again dodging the problem of lip syncing. The guitar strumming also hidden quite a few times below frame.

Not that there's a lack of nice animation going on, mind. ED1 has a full lip sync sequence. And I'm guessing that the amazing OP2 ate up a huge part of the budget, which resulted in Mio pretty much giving the mic a blowjob. It's an art really, hiding low quality/budget parts and emphasizing the money shots, that Yamada does pretty well.
>>
>>135344606
>budget
pls
>>
>>135344663
This isn't the movie where they told Yamada to not worry about the budget. They don't infinite action frames yo.
>>
>>135344606
Why is Yamada so great? When will she became a mainstream anime film director?
>>
>>135344663
Fine replace "low budget" with "high difficulty shots that our top animator doesn't have time for because he's too busy animating the OP."
>>
>>135344606
I didn't want to ramble in my posts too much but I was originally going to say all anime needs to cut corners somehow in order to produce 4.5 hours of drawings. Kyoani found an artistically appealing method that involves soap opera extreme closeups so they don't need to bother too much with the background or clothing/posture/hands at times. Yamada doesn't do the soap opera-y thing as frequently so I prefer her directing style but it's true she can't draw hands to save her life. K-ON season 1 had some pretty good lip syncing though.
>>
File: Muco.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Muco.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>135335748
Their shows looking nice isn't really all that valuable when that's the only thing they've got going for them.
At this point I'd rather watch some disgusting flash animation than KyoAnis latest attempt to put me to sleep. Which is sad.
>>
>>135345444
>Which is sad.
Yes you are, anon.
>>
File: character design.jpg (451KB, 1300x1129px) Image search: [Google]
character design.jpg
451KB, 1300x1129px
>>135336516
>>
Haha.
>>
File: lips.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lips.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>135345233
K-On!'s lip sync, when they don't hide the mouth, looks really great.
>>
File: 1450333221773[1].webm (1MB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
1450333221773[1].webm
1MB, 780x438px
>Shaftfags dissing on KyoAni masterpiece
>>
Fuck performance. Madhouse all the way.
>>
File: 1428508058936.png (4MB, 1500x3527px) Image search: [Google]
1428508058936.png
4MB, 1500x3527px
>>135345572
>>135337731
>>
>>135344606
Yamada doesn't play music and it shows in her works.
Instead of doing something she's not familiar with, it's better to just not show it.

Compare that to a work of a Yamakan who was a musician and you can see a huge difference. Live Alive is full of soul. The animation in K-on! was great but it's nothing like God Knows.

Small gestures like the way Haruhi turns to look at Nagato just before the solo is what make an animation so believable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWB01IuMvzA
>>
>>135335911
SS only has one inconsistent arc: shinobu mail (which was still good overall). The rest are fucking great so SS is a personal 10 for me.

People also critics Mayoi Jiangshi, but i loved the hell out of that arc because it was completely unexpected and the adult shinobu scene was fantastic. LNfags complained about the pacing, but the arc that was put in front of me felt complete and well done so I don't care
>>
>>135335864
SS had mediocre direction and it felt very hollow compared to Bake.
>>
File: 1449349857611.png (69KB, 234x231px) Image search: [Google]
1449349857611.png
69KB, 234x231px
>trying hard making kyoAni/SHAFT vs PA works happens.
>>
>>135346981
>kyoAni/SHAFT vs PA
>kyoAni/SHAFT

Since when they've formed an alliance, huh?
>>
>>135347029
Since both of them suck each other's dick. Kinda hot, isn't it?
>>
File: 1430502266110.jpg (326KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1430502266110.jpg
326KB, 960x720px
>>135346518
I can see what you mean. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that Yamada has more experience being a high school girl than Yamakan, which also shows.
>>
>>135335136
Owari will probably get around 25k
>>
>>135347182
Damn that's still a kind of number that most of the other shows can't even dream of. Monstory is surely a monster indeed
>>
>>135346518
Yamakan is also apparently great at dancing, as Haruhi proves.
>>
>>135345572
Conveniently skipping Nichijou and Lucky Star. Shaft has double the shows than KyoAni as well and this image is just showing the ones with the most 'unique' designs
>>
>>135347143
>implying Yamakan is not the little girl
>>
>>135347249
Yeah, I don't really know what they're doing with any of these. I guess JC's supposed to look varied, but they actually have a much wider range than they're showing here.
>>
>>135347143
I thought Kyoto was in Japan, not Russia.
>>
ITT: Apples and Oranges: Which do I masturbate with?
>>
>>135347326
Which part of that picture makes you think it's in Russia then?
>>
File: ka staff.jpg (207KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ka staff.jpg
207KB, 960x720px
>>135347143
Noriko Takao is not visible in that pic.
>>
>>135347359
Yamakan
>>
>>135346981
No one really gives a flying fuck about PA Works though, they're at the same tier as A1 or Trigger, just good but not godly like SHAFT or GodAni
>>
Hibike was AOTY the GODAni obviously wins this one.

Will they also win 2016 with Koe no Katachi movie though?
>>
>>135348050
It's almost a year away, they might do something for summer, and not have a year with just one show like 2015.
>>
>tfw Free! starting days is so flop that Kyoani has to throw more and more bonuses with movie tickets
>>
>>135348096
Yeah I hope they have another show planned for summer. It's such a drag when there's only one Kyoani show for the year.
>>
>>135348112
I never understood why trying to make your show not flop is a bad thing. I always see people make fun of/complain about X studio releasing event tickets or bonus goodies with BDs and things like that. Would you rather not do anything about it and let your series do badly?
>>
>>135348197
People are retarded. Publishers should learn and include more bonuses more often, see Love Live.
>>
File: tsutsukakushi_tsukiko.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tsutsukakushi_tsukiko.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>135337933
Henneko was amazing aswell, I don't know what you're talking about anon
>>
>>135348197
It's laughable because it shows that the show itself isn't selling.
>>
>>135334765
Which company had a film submitted for an Oscar consideration?
>>
>>135348270
Aniplex?
>>
>>135348197
There's nothing bad but it shows that the movie can't attract viewers on it's own and need to depend on the obsessive fanbase to keep on re-watching.
>>
>>135348266
Why would that matter for the producers?
>>
File: 1.jpg (445KB, 1300x1129px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
445KB, 1300x1129px
>>135345572
>>
>>135348326
It would mater since what they produced isn't good enough to sell on it's own.
>>
>>135348376
But it sells.
>>
>>135348285
Shaft and Production I.G are the only studios other than Ghibli to get considered and that was only last year. The Academy has historically not given a shit about anime outside of the Disney-sanctioned Ghibli.
>>
>>135348393
Not the movie.
>>
>>135348397
The academy doesn't give a shit, anybody can submit their movie as long as it was screened in USA.
>>
>>135348419
And? They only want money.
>>
>>135348493
That makes the stuff about Kyoani not caring about money a joke and the fact it didn't earn as much as they wanted makes it laughable.
>>
>>135348370
Thank you.
>>
>>135348540
Why wouldn't they care about money? Are you stupid?
>>
>>135348552
Tell that to the deluded Kyoanusfags.
>>
>>135348540
Why wouldn't Kyoani care about money
>>
>>135348574
But I'm asking you.
>>
>>135348594
Ask the deluded Kyoanusfags.

>>135348595
Sure they care but too bad they movie flopped and they're not getting the amount they wanted.
>>
>>135348646
>some guy said it on /a/

Wow so you are gullible and stupid
>>
>>135348658
What happen to Kyoani only caring about quality and not sales? Have you faggots change your tune after the flop?
>>
>>135348658
It's flopped when moeblob in tanks can get over 1 billion in sales.
>>
>>135348096
>Winter
Phantom World
>Spring
Hibike recap movie
>Summer
?
>Fall
Koe no Katachi movie

Based on Kyoani's previous schedule, a show would air in Summer. Kyoani could do something in Spring too since Hibike movie is just a recap of S1.
>>
>>135348700
All I see is you repeating some random comment made by anonymous like it was fact.
Stop being so autistic.
>>
>>135348754
The flop makes the statement hilarious.
>>
>>135348441
The selection committee isn't going to watch every turtlenecked film student's wankjob that got played in the smugma arthouse circuit because the "director" slept with the nonshowering bearded owners. There are shortlists for every category that the selection committee is expected to critically watch and carefully consider.

There is a political element that big names play, so the animated feature shortlist is usually just every major US release and anything Ghibli put out that year. The other major categories actually require high critical acclaim.
>>
>>135348810
That's to get nominated, to get submitted the only requisite for the movie is to screen in a theater in the USA.
>>
>>135348750
>2017
Winter: Hibike Euphonium 2
Spring: ?
Summer: Violet Ever Garden
Fall: ?
>>
>>135348887
And the only requisites for seriously being considered as the next President of the United States are the officially listed ones.
>>
I wonder what the normie judges at the academy would think if they saw all the ecchi scenes from bakeshit
>>
>>135348912
>Summer: Violet Ever Garden

There's no confirmation for an anime but Hibike S2 in Winter looks possible.
>>
I'm pretty sure Madhouse performed the best in 2015.
>>
>>135348912
They'll need to do Robot Heart Update anime too.
>>
>>135349100
I'm sure you must be talking about 2005
>>
>>135349032
Hollywood intellectuals are trying to move away from using such blatant post-WW2 Christian eurocentrism in their critical analyses. They'd probably try to put it in cultural context instead of instantly dismissing it due to conditioned repugnance.
>>
>>135348810
>shortlists for every category that the selection committee is expected to critically watch and carefully consider

This hasn't been true for quite some time now. They just vote for whatever based on hearsays. This is especially true for animation. Just white old guys in suits voting what they think is best for the image of the Oscars.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Two-Oscar-Voters-Admit-They-Didn-t-Watch-12-Years-Slave-Voted-It-Anyway-41981.html

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/definitive-proof-that-academy-voters-are-ignorant-about-animation-96680.html
>>
File: brushing.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
brushing.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>135349189
So what's the cultural context behind this scene?
>>
>>135343151
Stay mad, faggot. I've watched anime for 22 years now, Shaft a shit. Kyoani a shit.
>>
File: STUDIO TIER.jpg (407KB, 1284x2332px) Image search: [Google]
STUDIO TIER.jpg
407KB, 1284x2332px
>>
>>135349175
>One Punch Man
>Overlord
>OreMono
>Diamond no Ace
>>
>>135349237
>Implying anyone would treat a 40 years old guy word seriously
>>
>>135349273
Where's TYO? It should be bottom of the barrel tier since they ruined YrYr
>>
Is there a list on what they've produced.

I'm sure Madhouse should be on this list.
>>
>>135349237
I bet Evangelion has been your favourite show for 22 years, good sir
>>
>>135349279
yea right owarimonogatari at 36k and tsukimono t 35k make flophouse flopping.
>>
>>135348971
You are not implying Madoka was ever considered, right?
>>
>>135349223
A crushing rejectionist defeat of their traditional masculine militaristic culture at the hands of the United States created a widespread stagnated child culture that has become warped into frustrated male obsessions with an early adolescent awakening into sexuality (fifty odd high school ecchi romcoms/romdrams every year), hypersexualized "adult situations" (female adult characters having exaggerated secondary sexual characteristics) and bizarre fetishes (Japan in general).
>>
>>135349392
Owari will sell 25k probably, but still much better than One Joke Man's measly 5k that I project.
>>
>>135349273
how can jc staff lower than kyoani. this is so wrong. jc staff it must be on top ,
>>
>>135349358
This year? Not sure if anyone made that list. Just search sites like MAL or someanithing for more details. Usually a summary is done by someone at the end of the year, so there might be someone who has done it
>>
>>135349496
Because JC Staff is garbage? Their adaptations either straw away too much from the original, and in a bad way, or are dullishly copy pasted colored panels from the manga they're adapting.
>>
>>135349392
I'm not saying Shaft isn't the hottest thang smokin' right now, I'm just saying each of those series should be must-watches for each genre they're representing.
>>
>>135335748
Only the first half of Owari was good though
>>
>>135349468
Damn you've actually made me laugh, especially because it sounds just like what those normies at Hollywood would say
>>
>All this talk about KyoShitti, SHAFT, and P.A
>no one mentions more of Madhouse, Lerche, and Sliver Link
>>
>>135349667
What the fuck
>>
>>135349667
No one invited you in this conversation gooberglop, go cry about the sjw boogieman somewhere else >>>/criplechan/
>>
>>135349685
>Lerche, and Sliver Link

Why would even mention pure garbage? Out of all their shows of this year, Lerche only did good with MonMusu and Silver Link with NNBR.
>>
>>135349689
jc staff at least do uncensored unlike kyoani.
>>
>>135349685
>Madhouse, Lerche, and Sliver Link
PA Works belongs in with this trash.

The holy trinity is KyoAni, SHAFT, and Dogakobo.
>>
>>135349496
If J.C.Staff were half its size and you took all the flops out of their library, they'd be top tier. They operate via the "even a blind hog finds a nut once in a while" method.
>>
>>135349710 but it is true sjw has sneak from everywhere. otaku must wary of it and choose the certified non sjw one .
>>
>>135349685
>Madhouse
Just Oreimono and OPM. Also, they're slowly dying.

>Lerche
lol

>Silver Link
NNB. Everything else is fanservice trash.
>>
>>135349279
All of those are shit though.
>>
File: DNBgnWH.jpg (123KB, 960x809px) Image search: [Google]
DNBgnWH.jpg
123KB, 960x809px
>>135349799
KyoAni is anything but politically correct. They just don't whore out their characters as often as SHAFT or JC Staff.
>>
>>135349829
Spoken like a true hipster.
>>
>>135349767
they're professional and big company. they do anything and get the job done for income. kyoani experience are so little compared to jc staff, though.
>>
File: shiggydiggy.jpg (37KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
shiggydiggy.jpg
37KB, 640x360px
>>135349749
Dogakobo literally crashed into pieces this year, with those disasters called Mikagura and Aria SS. Those QUALITY fest was quite horrible, which is even painful when you think that they used to be called to be a Kyoani challenger

PA Works is doing fine, and growing quite quickly in me these years. Charlotte was, well, somewhat disappointing but let's just hope they find a better writer next time
>>
>>135349279
>>OreMono
>>Diamond no Ace
GTFO
>>
>>135349468
And thank god for it.
>>
>>135349838
Why do you keep replying? Just report his ass.
>>
>>135349841
Thanks lad, Pokemon is true AOTY btw.
>>
>>135349312
I have no idea where to put them
>>
>>135349838
that's why their release is very small unlike jc staff with their hundreds of different series releases.
>>
ctrl F "Pierrot" none found

Smh Senpai
>>
>>135349863
The thing is Charlotte even looked bad.
Dogakobo has 2 decent directors that they should keep using over and over instead of trying LN adaptations and shitty originals.
>>
>>135349874
Just because you don't like romcoms or sports anime doesn't mean those aren't great examples of those genres.
>>
>>135349913
> released i meant
>>
>>135349908
He just told you where.
>>
>>135349953
They don't belong here, but mostly MAL
>>
>>135349953
But Ore Monogatari looked bad and had the most uninspired direction of all 2 cour shows this year. Also the OST of that show straight up sucked.
>>
>>135349942
The last time a PA Works show looked truly good was Hanasaku Iroha. Coincidentally that was also the last time people thought they could become the next KyoAni.
Nowadays they're just another middle of the pack studio.
>>
>>135349743
>Why would even mention pure garbage? Out of all their shows of this year, Lerche only did good with MonMusu and Silver Link with NNBR.
I stopped reading when you mention NNBR because that anime is pure shit.
>>
>>135350018
Well I'm glad because that was the last word of my post.
>>
File: legendofpierrot.png (288KB, 467x597px) Image search: [Google]
legendofpierrot.png
288KB, 467x597px
>>135349921
It's under "SHIT" on the studio powerlevels chart, right where it belongs.

They're so bad at anime they ruin western cartoons.
>>
>>135349279
The shittiest taste on this thread, murder yourself you fucking cunt
>One Punch Man
>OreMono
>Diamond no Ace
Disgusting as fuck
>>
>>135350010
>looked bad and had the most uninspired direction
Madhouse shows in a nutshell. Aside from Ishizuka's, I guess.
>>
File: 1436200617793.webm (213KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1436200617793.webm
213KB, 640x360px
>>135350018
>>135350046
>>
>>135350012
>The last time a PA Works show looked truly good was Uchouten Kazoku
FTFY
>>
>>135350010
>Ore Monogatari looked bad

A shoujo series that doesn't look like every other cute girls doing cute things brought to you by men for men? STOP THE GODDAMN PRESSES.
>>
>>135350137
>Uchouten Kazoku
nobody watch that shit
>>
>>135349863
Umaru was successful this year. I love their better shows but I'm still afraid to guaranteed day 1 watch their general output. Is Luck & Logic going to resurrect them or do we need to wait for Sansha Sanyo?
>>
>>135350155
it doesn't sell and flopping so hard, m8.
>>
>>135350225
sounds like most shoujos
>>
>>135350155
>Implying I compared it to CGDCT anime
Nana back in 06 by the same studio looks better not to mention more recent shoujo anime.
>>
>>135350122
I really want to watch at least the first season of this show since it looks fun but judging by the discussions here for the second season it appears that it went full autistic high school drama.
>>
>>135350155
It looks bad and you should feel bad
>look at me, i'm a girl and i don't judge men based on their appearance
Fucking wish fulfillment shit
>>
>>135350279
Judge it yourself.
>>
>>135350279
S1 had fun characters and fun interactions. S2 went for a "high school relations are srs bsns" and it went to shit. Watch S1.
>>
>>135350155
No one asked you here
>>
>>135350169
>2014 AOTY contender
>nobody watch that shit

Nigga, where the fuck did you crawl out from?
>>
File: miyuki.jpg (79KB, 404x614px) Image search: [Google]
miyuki.jpg
79KB, 404x614px
>>135350057
I understand it's cool to hate OPM and no one likes shoujo romcoms, but you're just harboring resentment for your dad hating you for being bad at sports if you think Diamond no Ace is shit. It has great character development, realistic and accessible treatments of the aspects of the sport it covers and brisk pacing despite its length.

Also, this smooth operator is one of the broest bros in anime history.
>>
>>135350398
Nobody watches it so it's easy to shit on it.
>>
>>135350366
Hard to consider it a 2014 AOTY contender when it aired in 2013.
>>
>>135350398
I wonder if the number of people on /a/ who watch this think is more than the number of total players in one baseball team.
>>
>>135350398
>but you're just harboring resentment for your dad hating you for being bad at sports if you think Diamond no Ace is shit.
>muh projecting

No one cares about that shitty fujoshit garbage
>>>/y/
>>
>>135350287
>Fucking wish fulfillment shit

Welcome to anime.

>>135350360
Finding the kind of people who post on /a/ and inviting them to post on /a/ must be the most depressing job in the world.
>>
Madhouse, without question.
>>
>>135350176
Sansha Sanyo would be a safer bet. Dougakoubou is quite competent when it comes to SOL
>>
Not Badhouse, that's for sure.
>>
Thank you for all the discussion, /a/nons, and reaching an agreement that Kyoani ruled in 2015

Happy New Year
>>
>KyoAni is the undisputed best studio of the year every year for the past decade.

When the fuck is somebody going to stop them
>>
>>135335748
>Owari though, easily the best monogatari installment since Bake
Wrong, it's Monogatari 2nd
>>
>>135335748
Damn all this fucking quality and cinematography. I really wonder when other late-night anime studios will ever get anywhere close to this
>>
>>135341779
This has got to be a joke.
PA Works is just not as good at animation and detail as KyoAni and won't be in a long time.
Thread posts: 513
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.