[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't harem protagonists have more sex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13

Why doesn't harem protagonists have more sex?
>>
Because the demographic it panders to have never had any in their lives nor will they ever.
>>
You cant have the MC fuck the waifus of the viewers
>>
>>135311695
Have you had sex, OP?
>>
>>135312561
Why don't you ask your mom?
>>
>>135311770
That and choosing the wrong waifu can be just as much a death knell as well.
It's easier for the MC to remain unaware of indecisive so the fanbase can make their own choice in doujins and their fantasies.
>>
>>
Someone might lose their head if they did that.
>>
File: 1354679269704.png (87KB, 297x333px) Image search: [Google]
1354679269704.png
87KB, 297x333px
>>135312592
>your mom joke

Really, nigga?
>>
File: 1345192014915.gif (477KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1345192014915.gif
477KB, 640x360px
Inevitability
>>
File: 1451163900213.jpg (173KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451163900213.jpg
173KB, 1280x720px
>>135312717
Give up, anon. It's never going to happen.
>>
>>135311695
Because Japan is traditionalist. No one wants a bunch of sluts.
>>
>>135311764
yes but they'll never have a harem either....
>>
Arifureta's MC is the only harem guy who actually had sex regularly, probably every night, after the first main event was over.
He's also the only harem MC that I've read about that got a daughter during the series(non-blood related) and at least four kids and more on their way at the end.
Of course thats in the WN, the LN might tone shit down.
>>
Because the second they do is the second people start losing interest in the series, because they've already seen the end goal they were interested in.

There's a reason they never have the main couple in a romance get together unless there's something else to focus on too.
>>
>>135312962
Araragi seems to get it on with Crab a decent amount.

Also Kojou in Strike the Blood, if you go with the "sucking blood is sex for vampires" thing.
>>
>>135313077
still not sex son
You'd have to be a hentai MC to get to arifureta levels
>>
>>135311695
It will be hentai and less sjw is triggered in /a/ .
>>
>>135313505
Surely there can be fuggings in an anime yet still not make it a hentai
>>
>>135312892
Do not reply to him, newfag.
>>
>>135313615
that would be wrong anon
More like, if they are going to ever have sex wouldn't it be a hentai anyways? You can only cocktease otherwise. Even REC which had canon sex immediately retconned it storywise.
>>
Tenchi Masaki did it and his brother Kenshi will too if Isekai season 2 ever gets green-lit.
>>
>>135311695
Because it leads to nice boats.
>>
>>135311695
How much does that package cost?
>>
>>135314645
12000 dollars
>>
File: 7.jpg (130KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
130KB, 1200x850px
Fucking Americans
>>
>>135311695
Sex is edgy, and edgyness is a seinen attribute, not shounen.
>>
>>135311695
>Why doesn't action protagonists kill the big bad in the first episode?
>>
>>135311695
1. It'll remind otaku of their miserly lives and they seek escapism, not reality.
2. Otaku autismal ragefits will murder the author career, that move is suicide, as otaku want their waifu to remain pure and virginal.

There are some cases where the protagonist did have sex and the wife birthed children, yet it left ambiguous as to who the protagonist married until the conclusion of the story.
>>
>>135315000
The problem is not the phasing but that in almost all harems and most romance they go through fucking high school and even college
while having countless opportunities for sex and having none, my suspension of disbelief can only take so much.
>>
>>135311695
Japanese people can't identify with people having sex.
>>
Mouse had the works, and then the translator died in Iraq.
>>
>>135311695
Because it would ruin the collection
>>
>>135311695
Think about about the kids watching anime OP! Geeze.
>>
>>135314861
is there a cafe like this??
>>
>>135323369
Yeah sure
>>
>>135311695
Editors can't let the characters have sex if they want to keep selling those LN/manga/anime to minors. That's litterally it.
Yes it's stupid.
>>
>>135323369
I imagine people who ask stupid questions like this to be from third world countries where first world country amenities appear to be almost magical and without limit.
>>
>>135323485
Its probably why I like Sun-Ken Rock so much. There's straight up sex everywhere, and while the main character doesn't have sex through a lot of it, its because he's actively trying to avoid it until he sleeps with the woman he's in love with. And then he does sleep with her and its done.
>>
>>135324077
Too bad the characters are shitty shounen manga cliches that pose gratuitously in suits every chapter in a desperate attempt to look like they're not manchildren.
>>
>>135311695
Because it doesn't stall the plot.
>>
>>135311695
Watch school days. That's why.
>>
>>135314861
I love the way this artist draws girls so much.

How did he know that serious-looking, glasses-wearing girls in lewd maid-themed lingerie doing lewd things was my fetish?
>>
>>135311695
Why don't you have more sex?
>>
>>135311770
Viewers self insert as MC so I don't get this reasoning
>>
>>135312962
Mushoku Tensei MC has children as well, and unlike most series it's actually relevant to the story rather than just something added because why not.
>>
>>135311695
Most of the MCs are too fucking beta in a harem series.
>>
>>135311695
because that shit is fucking sick dude
>>
>>135311695
Anime is japanese, right? Well, the japanese are so beta, they are willing to give their women to sea animals rather than fuck them. They invented NTR, basically they jerk off looking at foreigners fucking their women. They completely forgot how to put a dick in a cunt. Insertion and squirting liquid into women is embedded so deep in the human mind, they still hold onto it. But they are confused about, that's how the enema fetish was born.

You think the worst of these guys will put sex scenes in your cartoons? Just wait till they die out and koreans populate the islands, maybe they will do it better.
>>
File: kannagi_nagi_0262.png (204KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
kannagi_nagi_0262.png
204KB, 704x400px
>>135311695
Remember when Nagi got an ex-boyfriend? well, that's why.
>>
>>135330529
they didn't fuck though
still pure.
>>
>>135329331
I thought niggers invented cucking
>>
>>135330625
She got penetrated 24/7 by his huge dick

Imagine her small pink pussy getting smashed and filled with cum every day, whole day

Are you surprised that otakus got angry?
>>
>>135331183
I refuse to believe this.
>>
>>135311695
you need to read more manga, ln and watch more anime
>>
>>135312717

How does he not fuck Momo on an hourly basis?
>>
>>135313077
he only walked her home gently for fuck sake
>>
>>135326827
if he fucks someone other than the viewer's waifu they'll probably kill themselves
>>
>>135331183
I fapped to that.
>>
>>135311770
Why is ntr/cuckshit so popular?
>>
File: 1447700291232.gif (52KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
1447700291232.gif
52KB, 309x309px
>>135312631
>>135334668
Why not have the MC fuck all of them and have all of them become his girlfriend? They just take turns.

Oh wait, I think there was an LN series like that, not like it has any chance of becoming an anime because blueballing your viewers makes more cash.
>>
>>135335380
Yeah because School Days worked so well.
>>
>>135335415
I don't think you understand. The idea is that the girls reach an agreement to share the MC. It's the ultimate happy ending, since everyone gets what they want. School Days is more of a deconstruction scenario.
>>
Hey I like the idea of a harem deconstruction. MC sleeps with the first chick, get into a relationship, but then starts getting tempted and banging other harem girls, getting himself into a cycle of lying, jealousy, NTR, and ending up in a pregnancy.

So basically, School Days played straight.
>>
>>135335513
There is a route like that in the VN.
>>
>>135335415
The school day anime is not canon route just random one .
>>
White Album is, strictly speaking, not a harem, but it shares enough aspects to be included here. Note I'm talking about WA1, not WA2 (which is a love triangle). MC of WA1 officially sleeps with two of the girls, probably has slept with 2 more, and makes out with another.
>>
>>135335746
It seems to be an amalgam of the Blood endings and a new route that combines many of the plot points from the VN, and adds a lot of new things. Honestly....the VN is vastly better, because it takes itself more seriously and tries to actually tell a story. The anime is just a goofball self-parody mess.
>>
File: ydGzwX2.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ydGzwX2.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
The Juice always delivers.
>>
>>135311695
They do it all the fucking time in eroge and ero anime.

You can't really expect sex to happen on TV.
>>
>>135336135
It can be implied.

And sex happens all the fucking on normal TV. Like full on two naked people moving under the sheets and fucking.
>>
>>135311770
This is a myth spouted by utter retards.

There are countless eroge protagonists out there who constantly have sex and nobody has a problem with them.

In fact, people WANT the MC to romance their waifus, simply because the MC is their self-insert. By seeing a guy who resembles them in one way or another get the girl they can envision themselves getting the girl if they were in his shoes. That's why harem MCs are not tough dudes or bishounen but average guys, so that the viewer could envision himself in a romance with said girl due to the fact that she obviously doesn't have super high standards.
>>
>>135336211
That on the other hand is something you're not supposed to do. Because the viewer is left out of it. The MC is the viewer's romantic proxy. If the MC gets to experience something the viewer doesn't then that connection is severed.
>>
>>135336260
>If the MC gets to experience something the viewer doesn't then that connection is severed.
No it isn't, because the MC is constantly around girls, and chances are the viewer never fucking is. MC is also probably saving the world or doing something with his life, seeing tits, getting a mouthful of panties, kissing, etc.
>>
>>135336211
Because half the harems out there are stupid light-hearted romcoms (as far as the romantic element is concerned) and if he started fucking some of them, the other heroines would either have to put out, retire from the game, or engage in long and angsty drama that nobody wants to see.
>>
>>135336135
You have the false assumption that a work acknowledging sex is required to depict it explicitly like in eroge and ero-anime. PG-13-rated movies imply sex all the time.

TV anime doesn't shy away from sex because it's impossible to depict, they do it for other reasons.

>>135336260
>If the MC gets to experience something the viewer doesn't then that connection is severed.
What the fuck am I reading? The viewer does not experience the sensation of harem girl #37's breasts on the MC's hands when he falls on top of her. The viewer does not experience a girl's panties in his face like the MC. The MC having sex is hardly any different.
>>
>>135336327
But it happens on-screen and the viewer is part of it. Also, the MC rarely "does something with his life". He's usually a rather bland character who is then thrown into adventure due to circumstances outside of his control. The same could happen to the viewer at any given point.
>>
>>135336450
That isn't true. Tons of MCs save the world or have some goal in life.
>>
>>135336370
>The viewer does not experience the sensation of harem girl #37's breasts on the MC's hands when he falls on top of her. The viewer does not experience a girl's panties in his face like the MC. The MC having sex is hardly any different.
The viewer gets to experience it visually.

If you disagree with my reasoning, then tell me why sex in these sorts of media is uncommon in TV anime but very common in VN/Eroge which follow the exact same patterns and have the exact same types of characters - in fact with the anime often being based on media that involve sex.

You'll have to explain why people are perfectly fine with sex happening right in their face in a VN but aren't fine with implied sex in an anime.

And my reasoning is: they don't like being left out it.
>>
File: 1449455855210.jpg (21KB, 250x296px) Image search: [Google]
1449455855210.jpg
21KB, 250x296px
>>135329331
>Insertion and squirting liquid into women is embedded so deep in the human mind, they still hold onto it. But they are confused about, that's how the enema fetish was born.
Goddammit, anon.
>>
>>135311695
That's a very good image.
>>
>>135311695

nips already figured out cock teasing makes more money in the long term
>>
>>135336474
If we're talking about male oriented romance anime, then the vast majority of characters are just average guys with a surprising lack of interests.

Their life essentially starts when the plot begins and they get thrown into adventure. Before that they've just been living rather boring lives with little ambition - especially in the romantic sense.

And this is intentional since it allows the viewer to connect.

Certainly they may accomplish great feats throughout the show (occasionally), but they usually do so due to being aided by the plot. e.g. Issei being handed demonic powers, Araragi being turned into a vampire and so on. They don't accomplish them completely on their own, but with external help.
>>
>>135336511
>You'll have to explain why people are perfectly fine with sex happening right in their face in a VN but aren't fine with implied sex in an anime.
VNs have routes. In a lot of VNs, in any given universe MC is fucking one girl and the rest of the girls are loser dogs. Plenty of VN players are fans of renai games only.

In a anime, MC has to fuck everyone, which has implications for the heroines. (If he picks a girl and the rest retire that's not a harem anymore.) There's entire classes of heroines who won't compete in a game like that, but more importantly, there's a large class of viewers who are okay with Perfect Girl And Preferred Heroine failing to win the protagonist (even if it means MC has shit taste) but not okay with having her fuck MC as #2 because it's somehow apparently degrading.
>>
>>135336653
>In a anime, MC has to fuck everyone, which has implications for the heroines. (If he picks a girl and the rest retire that's not a harem anymore.)
But in plenty of harem anime there is a progression from the common route, where all girls compete to a singular girl being picked and her route being covered at least to some extent.
There are lots of harem anime where the harem is abandoned and the MC ends up with the girl. Still, you don't commonly see implied sex.

In that regard your explanation has been refuted through a counter-example.

Also, there are plenty of eroge out there which have actual harems, where the MC fucks all girls and all girls are fine with it.
>>
>>135313804
>Even REC which had canon sex immediately retconned it storywise.
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
I've played VNs before translations were even a thing. I will tell you fags one thing: MOST so-called "harem" games, aren't harems at all, they have a common route, you pick a girl, and that girl's route then takes over. The girl routes have almost no interaction with the other girls -- often times, the other girls will simply disappear or go deep into the background. The story basically becomes a love story between MC and the chosen girl, and the other girls becomes completely or mostly irrelevant.
>>
>>135336777
>Still, you don't commonly see implied sex.
Often this happens at the end of the show, and when it doesn't, you're left asking "why don't people have sex in anime" since it's just some couple now.

Most harem series have the harem component as an important part of the series, so it's not like people are going to dismantle one lightly.

>Also, there are plenty of eroge out there which have actual harems, where the MC fucks all girls and all girls are fine with it.
The eroge market is monstrously smaller than the anime and LN market. A lot of people don't prefer the kind of heroine who's okay with that kind of thing (and for many series the heroines are the main driver of sales).
>>
File: Tenchi_ryoko3.jpg (121KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tenchi_ryoko3.jpg
121KB, 640x480px
Tenchi fucks everyone, and their mothers.
>>
>>135337005
>you're left asking "why don't people have sex in anime" since it's just some couple now
And the reason is: they don't like being left out.

>Most harem series have the harem component as an important part of the series, so it's not like people are going to dismantle one lightly.
I don't think so. The harem is more of a convenience thing than actually important to people. True "harem" anime, where the actual harem plays a role are rare. Most harem anime actually want to be romance anime and their viewers want them to be romance anime too - featuring the girl they like. And that's the issue: within a harem, everyone can pick a girl for him to like, in a romance she may not even be competing, so he has little reason to pick it up, let alone buy it, in the first place.

>A lot of people don't prefer the kind of heroine who's okay with that kind of thing (and for many series the heroines are the main driver of sales).
I don't think it's a matter of exclusiveness. People may have a monogamous romantic ideal but they're fine with the other thing too.
>>
>>135336777
>you don't commonly see implied sex.
you just don't know what japan's implied sex scenes are like.
>>
Many of those protagonists are actually from romantic comedies who just so happen to have a number of girls fall for them. Romance keeps the MCs from getting intimate with a bunch of girls while the Comedy keeps them from having sex at all.
>>
>>135337197
>And the reason is: they don't like being left out.
I mean... sure? Some people actually don't want to see their favorite heroine fuck MC.

> Most harem anime actually want to be romance anime and their viewers want them to be romance anime too - featuring the girl they like.
So if there are four heroines, resolving the harem removes 75% of the hype, and so it's not a surprise that people usually put it off until the series is over.

>People may have a monogamous romantic ideal but they're fine with the other thing too.
This is the medium where if a girl is implied not to be a virgin people bring out the knives.

If a girl accepts the position of a man's mistress it says something about her. Not every heroine is compatible with such a role.
>>
>>135337300
I do.

Take a look at Parasyte for example.
>>
>>135337300
walk me home gently anon
>>
>>135337381
>Some people actually don't want to see their favorite heroine fuck MC.
Unless they're die-hard yuritards shipping the girl with a female character, I very much doubt it. People spout this myth all the time, but I've yet to see evidence of people being mad over the girl having sex with their self-insert. They sure as hell aren't mad about MC romancing them or having sex in VN/Eroge.

>So if there are four heroines, resolving the harem removes 75% of the hype, and so it's not a surprise that people usually put it off until the series is over.
Of course, but that's just how it is. Anime is made for lonely otaku. If you include girls some people will grow attached to them and if they're not romantic options, then they'll be mad and drop the show or at least not buy it. This mostly applies to male oriented romance of course, if your show has more to offer than romance then that's a different issue.

>This is the medium where if a girl is implied not to be a virgin people bring out the knives.
If the girl was introduced as such. It's a lot about disappointing expectations. It's the same with the idol industry. If you sell girls to people as pure virgins who haven't had a single impure thought in their lives and they suddenly break the illusion, then some people will be mad. Go to a pro wrestling match and yell at the competitors for faking it and see how the crowd reacts to your input.
>>
>>135313615
Harem fuggin is not normal fuggin like harem marriage would be not your normal marriage.
>>
>>135337512
>They sure as hell aren't mad about MC romancing them or having sex in VN/Eroge.
And the eroge market is massively smaller than the anime market. The price points and distribution model of anime and eroge are totally different, but if you want to look at popularity just look at what figures are being sold and how many people are buying them.

I'm not going to get mad about it, but I still would prefer not to see it.

>Of course, but that's just how it is.
So we agree that it makes perfect economic sense for most harem series to get dragged out for an extended period of time, and therefore, probably not get resolved in the space of a cour or two. Awesome.

>If the girl was introduced as such.
Chaste girls move more product.
>>
>>135337325
Also harems are treated as a nuisance much of the time. Tons of girls are nice but the rivalries, drama and cockblocking may make it too much trouble than its worth. You'd have to have the "seize the day" type of protag rather than the "I never asked for this" type, unless the latter has every reason to just wife everyone (of course even that doesn't mean he'll get laid, like the faggot from Maybe's manga about the ring princesses).
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.