[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haibane Renmei

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 17

File: Reki_01.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reki_01.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
I uhh

what?
>>
its good
>>
>>135300193
Sure but what was it about?
>>
File: CQSVdLSUkAAh91H.jpg (234KB, 600x856px) Image search: [Google]
CQSVdLSUkAAh91H.jpg
234KB, 600x856px
>>135300262
Cute girls
>>
>>135299727
Reki is best girl. And mai waifu
>>
File: smug anime narcoleptic.jpg (12KB, 164x242px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime narcoleptic.jpg
12KB, 164x242px
>>135300262
2deep4u
>>
>>135300315
Are there no guys in this show? I was planning to watch it for a long time now.
But if it's yurishit I'm not sure about it.
>>
>>135300465
There are. It's not yuri.
>>
Waste of potential show and incredibly overrated.

6/10 at best.
>>
>Previous life
>Wings and a halo
>Wings become black, corrupted, fallen

Truly it's a mystery no man shall ever understand this series
>>
File: 1419040805911.jpg (1MB, 2780x3707px) Image search: [Google]
1419040805911.jpg
1MB, 2780x3707px
>>
>>135300523
>Waste of potential show
How? Give an argument or something, what do you think was wasted.
>incredibly overrated
No it isn't.
It sparked some interest in small circles at the time but was never incredibly popular even at the time, not saying now when barely anyone remembers it.

>>135300535
I think Haibane's are people who committed suicide.

The city they are in is heaven.

They are secluded in a small area in there that they cannot leave because they are sinners, thus their wings are grey and not white?

I mean their dreams sound like.
Falling from the sky, drowning, pill overdose - sleep, etc.

Either way it's something religious.

Or ABe is just a troll and it was cute girls SOL.
>>
>>135300368
>smoker waifu
Enjoy burying her in 32 with cancer.
>>
File: 1339056215201.jpg (113KB, 638x800px) Image search: [Google]
1339056215201.jpg
113KB, 638x800px
>>135300593
Merry Christmas, Rakka-tan!
>>
>>135299727
It seemed pretty straightforward to me, I really liked it.
>>
>>135300670
>I think Haibane's are people who committed suicide.
>The city they are in is heaven.
>They are secluded in a small area in there that they cannot leave because they are sinners, thus their wings are grey and not white?
>I mean their dreams sound like.
>Falling from the sky, drowning, pill overdose - sleep, etc.
Yeah this is correct. Except that they're in Limbo and those who are sinners (Reki, Rakka) can't pass on to heaven because they killed themselves in their life which is why they get those black wings.
>>
>>135302078
>Yeah this is correct
Riight, as correct as a speculation can get.
But it doesn't make much sense, Haibane's die too, right? So if they are in limbo what happens when they die? Reborn as a Haibane again or go to an actual hell?
And what about the non-sinners.
>>
File: morning, rakka.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
morning, rakka.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>135301329
Rakka is for bullying.
>>
>>135302078
All Haibane committed suicide. Nemu didn't have the black wings and she overdosed on sleeping pills. Kana drowned herself in a river.
>>
>>135303828
Yeah, what about the kids. They didn't have dreams or something iirc.
Still there are a lot of inconsistencies with this, who are the alliance in this whole situation then?
It seems too well structured and much deeper than just a limbo.
>>
>>135303881
The kids don't seem to follow the same rules. They're probably stillborns or abortions or something.
>>
The actual Haibane Renmei were very chill and cool for "mysterious shady faceless guys"
>>
Rakka became trapped by the circle of sin when Kuu left, because she couldn't be happy for Kuu, and instead could only think about her selfish feelings. That's when her wings began to blacken.
That's all fairly obvious, but why was Reki like that since birth? It's weird. She must have just carried that selfish attitude over from the living world I guess.

>>135303127
The Haibane who die in Glie probably go to oblivion. That's what Reki wanted to choose, before she asked Rakka to free her from the circle of sin.
There might be some divine protection that stops innocent accidental deaths. Reki's friend falling from the wall was probably a punishment in itself, rather than pure accident.
>>
>you are now manually hearing Rakka's wings tearing through her back
>>
>>135305813
splurt
>>
>>135304611
Yeah I thought theyd be dicks
>>
>>135305813

>Aww shit time to get comf-
>That fucking scene
>>
File: why.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
why.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>135305813
I got you f.am

sound version because moot is a gook
https://my.mixtape.moe/trzvvn.webm
>>
>>135306079
jesus christ every time
>>
TELL ME
WHAT ARE THE HAIBANE
WHY DO THEY HAVE THE WINGS
>>
>>135300262
life and shit
>>
>>135299727
Murakami ripoff.
>>
>>135306838
Since when does murakami write about cute girls with wings and halos?
>>
Do you think their wings flutter when they orgasm?
>>
>>135307615
>implying haibanes have sex
They're pure and born from cocoons, so no.
>>
>>135306892
Not him but the entire premise is a ripoff.
>>
>>135308116
of what? Angels living in a society? What book?

no one even knows what the premise of haibane is exactly
>>
>>135308200
Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
>>
You guys should read up on the concept of "samsara", makes a lot of the symbolism easy to understand.

It's pretty much:
>Haibane are kids that killed themselves
>the town is an opportunity for them to atone and mature so that they are ready for their next life/plane of existence
>the birds are the feelings and/or memories of the world and the people therein the haibane left behind
>black wings manifest over being a "sinner"
>Rakka's "sin" was forgetting to thank the bird for trying to save/comfort her
>Reki's "sin" was to distance herself from others so that she doesn't get abandoned again
>the wall is literally death, or rather the transition to the state of being dead
>the Haibane Renmei are Haibane that stayed too long in town and now help others so they don't make the same mistake they did

The only thing I never quite figured out: What was outside of town and why were the Haibane Renmei able to leave and enter at will?
>>
I liked Haibane, but I blame myself for setting up impossibly high expectations for the show after someone compared it to my favourite.
>>
>>135308210
To be fair, only the setting of the town is that similar - the entire plot is completely different from Hard Boiled Wonderland.

>TFW no huge-appetite waifu
>>
>>135308995
Considering they're more like actual angels at that point maybe they get added to some sort of afterlife/interlife administrative structure.
>>
Reki ruined it
>>
>>135309303
Considering pretty much everything in that series is a metaphor I don't think it's that easy.
>>
>>135309335
Yeah that was probably too matter-of-fact. But it still seems likely that they get to have some higher form of knowledge about what's going on considering they've basically ascended to being psychopomps at that point.
>>
File: 落下.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
落下.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>135308995
>>Haibane are kids that killed themselves
I mean, Rakka isn't necessarily a kid.
>>the town is an opportunity for them to atone and mature so that they are ready for their next life/plane of existence
I don't buy into that in the slightest, hindu themes with all that christian leitmotif seems pretty far fetched.
The town is more like a conceptual buddhist/shinto hell, if only for the fact that you can actually gain karma in there.
And the cocoons seem more like a reincarnation rather than cleansing which again goes against that.
>>the birds are the feelings and/or memories of the world and the people therein the haibane left behind
More like the feelings of people that the dead can't remember. Or memories before death that they lost on their way in transition.
>>black wings manifest over being a "sinner"
So why is suicide not a sin enough for it to trigger? Do they need to recall it for this process?
>>Rakka's "sin" was forgetting to thank the bird for trying to save/comfort her
Didn't she thank the bird in her dream before?
>>Reki's "sin" was to distance herself from others so that she doesn't get abandoned again
She was born with them though.
>>the wall is literally death, or rather the transition to the state of being dead
I can agree on this partly.
But it's a really weird concept.

I feel like it does have a death theme to it, and the fact that the halos are made with the contents from inside the wall symbolizes that the Haibane's are dead.
But it was debunked a little when we saw how Reki's wings appeared before she was given the halo.
So maybe the halo is just an indicator whether or not you're ready to move on outside the walls of death?

What is the trigger for it then? To stop being afraid?
>>the Haibane Renmei are Haibane that stayed too long in town and now help others so they don't make the same mistake they did
Yeah well, how does that fit in with the story and Reki in any way, here it gets confusing again.
The whole thing is a clusterfuck.
>>
>>135300368
come to this thread just to say she's the best girl
I'm proud of you anon
>>
>>135309275
Don't forget the big walls and shady guards either. As much as I liked Haibane Renmei I couldn't help but constantly be reminded of the novel for the first half of the anime.
>>
>>135309727
Reki a shit
a shiiiiiiiit
>>
>>135303881
>who are the alliance in this whole situation then?

Previous Haibane who failed.
>>
File: stroke.jpg (114KB, 580x777px) Image search: [Google]
stroke.jpg
114KB, 580x777px
>>135309473
>She was born with them though.
Not necessarily. She was found with them, after being born alone and in the dark. And it seems like it takes a reasonably long time after their 'birth' for a Haibane's wings to appear.
>>
It was 2deep4everyone.
>>
>>135313225
No it fucking wasn't. It was one of the most straightforward examples of show don't tell in a story ever and if you don't get it, you are fucking stupid.
>>
Tfw despera never ever
>>
>>135299727
I remember watching this at 14 years old and what I got from it was it's some kind of torpor.
>>
File: rakka doushio.jpg (36KB, 436x396px) Image search: [Google]
rakka doushio.jpg
36KB, 436x396px
Rakke is very cute.
>>
File: fluff.gif (927KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
fluff.gif
927KB, 500x428px
>>135315076
>>
File: HNNG.jpg (36KB, 452x207px) Image search: [Google]
HNNG.jpg
36KB, 452x207px
>>135316662
>>
File: question.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>135300262
Well, it's open to interpretation, but I think Rakka's question and the ways of answering it are the central meaning of the show. What makes it so great is how instead of spelling out an answer (in a dramatic speech to a villain in the final episode, for instance), it just shows you how the two main characters gain their answers to it, and in doing so leads you towards your own conclusion.

Also it really weaves its themes and symbolisms into just about everything, making the whole thing seem very unified and letting you read a lot into it.
>>
>>135316662
I wonder how it is to have wings and a halo. Surely it makes sleeping on their back more difficult, and they probably bump into a lot into surfaces the first weeks. After a moment they probably stop thinking about it and completely assimilate their wings and halos. The halo, specially, means you needs to be careful 6/7 centimetres above your head.
>>
File: barf collage.jpg (441KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
barf collage.jpg
441KB, 600x601px
>>135302078
>reddit can't even greentext correctly
That's why you don'tg make Tex and Haibane threads.
>>
File: struggle.gif (823KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
struggle.gif
823KB, 500x281px
>>135318756
I think they have them for exactly that reason. A lot of meditation techniques emphasise awareness of the body, which I suspect is to help push the mind away from negative spirals of the "I'm awful because I can't stop thinking about how awful I am" sort. Obviously if the Renmei said "sit in this awkward posture for an hour every day for, uh, no reason" it'd be obvious they were trying to teach some spiritual lesson, but if they say "work hard to make your wings a full part of your body" then it can just take care of itself.

Also because it's super cute.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.