[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd never watched any Gundam series to completion before,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: ironblooded orphans.jpg (243KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ironblooded orphans.jpg
243KB, 1280x720px
I'd never watched any Gundam series to completion before, just bits and pieces of them here and there, so I picked up IBO because I wanted to see what the franchise hype is all about.
It's pretty cool so far, looking forward to seeing what it does. My question is how representative of Gundam is it? Is it pretty much what you expect from a Gundam series, or is it doing things differently?
>>
>>135293530
You should watch the first episode of the original Gundam. It's more exciting and eventful than all of IBO.
>>
>>135293530
If it has "war and politics totally suck" as an unmistakable theme, it's true to the spirit of Gundam.
>>
Watch the original Gundam series if you want to "get" Gundam.
>>
It's complete shit. Like a lot of Gundam but somehow worse than most.
>>
>>135293530
>My question is how representative of Gundam is it? Is it pretty much what you expect from a Gundam series, or is it doing things differently?
IBO is shit and not very Gundam like. Check out 0079 and watch the rest of UC in release order or chronological order.
>>
File: hqdefault[3].jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[3].jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>Gundam
Full of badass MEN who don't take shit from anyone ever no matter what

>Iron-Blooded Orphans
Full of gay brown children who blush while stammering "a-aniki" to older men
>>
>>135294595
>Bu-but Mooom! You don't understand. You never understand me! Shooting people is completely normal in war. Everybody does it. Stop interfering with my life!
>>
>>135294595
>Full of gay brown children
>Fedora has a harem
>Norba and Eugene went to brothels
>Even kids are lusting over mature women
>Gay
The only gay in this is Yamagi
>>
This is feels good Gundam since i don't know when. Not sure why people hate on it. I guess it's just tradition.
>>
>>135293530
Its a poor mans Gundam 00
>>
>>135294595
>Full of badass MEN who don't take shit from anyone ever no matter what
Majority of Gundam pilots where children or teens. But you're correct Gundam MCs dont take shit, just like IBO's. I mean he follows orders but he reminds me of Hero if he never went soft.
>>
>>135293530
The largest difference between IBO and previous gundam's is probably the comradery. Usually everyone is too busy screaming about their ideals and making irrational decisions to make friends. The robots are cool though.
>>
>>135294595
Kamille is a girls name you know.
>>
Is there like a chart or something you guys have to show what to watch in what order?

I'm up to date on IBO and after seeing that one thunderbolt episode I really want to get into the series.
>>
Despite the setting being gritty there has been little action compared to other seasons.
>>
>>135295698
The setting used to be gritty. But it's not really keeping up what with how successful the team is.
>>
Clear OP is a lying fag and just wanted to ignite all the raging dipshit losers to bash the show.

Overall a solid gundam and a welcome addition.
>>
File: Gundam chart.gif (1MB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam chart.gif
1MB, 2400x3000px
>>135295683
Not the updated one but here.
>>
File: bidan.jpg (152KB, 1280x927px) Image search: [Google]
bidan.jpg
152KB, 1280x927px
>>135295622
WHAT DID YOU SAY?
>>
>>135293530
why did you pick the worst one to watch. /a/ offer the worst advice, go to mech.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.