[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /a/ why do you think klk is edgy? is it true that you hate it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: beautiful edge.jpg (206KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful edge.jpg
206KB, 894x894px
Hey /a/ why do you think klk is edgy? is it true that you hate it?
>>
first core was alright
second core was garbage
ending was garbage
>>
File: ed8f08a4.jpg (62KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
ed8f08a4.jpg
62KB, 1440x810px
>>135254503
Kill la Kill is a religious experience

If I could show aliens a single piece of human Art, it would be KLK.
>>
File: 13214131231.jpg (14KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
13214131231.jpg
14KB, 407x286px
Normies and reddit like it, so on principle we have to hate it even though the 25 threads we had of KLK while it was airing. But then /a/ elitist will just say it was /v/ crossboarders not understanding the meaning of want a crossboarder is.
>>
jesus hell they wheren't kidding when they said you where like this.
>>
>>135254503
>Hey /a/ why do you think klk is edgy?
No one who actually watched it thinks that. Are you twelve or maybe B8.
>is it true that you hate it?
No I enjoyed it. As a whole it was an enjoyable series with likable characters. The ending was a little too typical should have done something more interesting or at least a bit different. Although I will contend that it was a love letter to older classic series so thats why the plot was very simple so the end basically suffered from that.
>>
>>135254891
plenty of people on /a/ liked it
it was just IRC orchestrating a massive shitposting campaign that killed the fanbase
>>
I disliked it. I gave it a fair shot, but the humor wasn't clicking much, and the action bored me. The style was cool, but the novelty wore off after a while. Never understood the hype, but I guess that's just how some things go.
>>
No, it's just shit.
>>
>>135254891
>unironically using "normies"
>>
>>135254503
No, I actually enjoy fun.
>>
File: ___.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
___.png
21KB, 900x900px
>>135256817
>being a normie
>>
>>135254503
I don't. Honestly it was more consistent than Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Which dragged out during the the second half of first arc and first half of the second arc. People also shit on the fanservice, but of course there's no actual reason to. In fact, in Kill la Kill it served specific thematic purpose unlike in TTGL where it served no purpose just to give you a boner. On that topic, Yoko was a terribly bland character, while Simon starts off as a badly written, annoying one and ends up a bland one. Ryuukou starts out fun and stays fun. Only bad thing about Kill la Kill was the inconsistent animation quality, but it's obvious they had a smaller budget. The art design and animated sequences were amazing when it mattered.
>>
>>135256985
>series about boy growing into a man by drilling into things
>fanservice had no purpose

Fuck off.
>>
>>135257061
I'm talking about Yoko.
>>
It's not edgy. It tries hard to appeal to western fans while the animation is garbage and the plot is almost non-existent. Don't even mention the "comedy".
>>
>>135254503
Any show that gains massive popularity both inside and outside of /a/ attracts the eyes of shitters and fanboys alike. For every one person who enjoyed the show there was another who went out of his way to prove why it shouldn't be enjoyed.

You have to think, if their insight about what makes a shitty anime is so accurate, where is all the hate for haremshit #8220 or moetrash #7391? People go out of their way to point out KLK's flaws because it's popular.
>>
>>135257072
So am I.
>>
>>135257124
Still doesn't change the fact that she had as much personality as my flip flops.
>>
File: 1423631232534.jpg (45KB, 717x638px) Image search: [Google]
1423631232534.jpg
45KB, 717x638px
>>135257119
If you really think that the fanbase is the problem. I have news for you. You are the problem.

Opinions will always have bias and shit posters will continue to shit post regardless whether or not they have actually watched the series or not.
>>
File: 1397250248602.jpg (2MB, 1662x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1397250248602.jpg
2MB, 1662x2400px
Can't handle all this

E D G E
D
G
E
>>
>>135254891
Everybody crossboards. /m/ & /jp/ :^) here
>>
>>135259864
that doesn't count as crossboarding
>>
>>135254503
It was shit because it wasn't even remotely edgy. There was no stakes at all, the heroes always win, their weapons never do any real damage and might as well be fighting with foam bats, and the comic relief brigade are constantly downplaying anything that could possibly be considered dramatic.

How is anyone supposed to get hyped when the show treats everyone like a joke?

The comedy was god awful anyway.
>>
I didn't dislike it, but it was really inconsistent, dropped plot points left and right and is Imaishi's weakest work.
>>
>>135260285
I don't think you understand what Kill la Kill was going for. It wasn't trying to be a serious action show. It was goofy, over-the-top bullshit through and through. There's no such thing as a truly dramatic scene in Kill la Kill because, if you stop to think during those scenes, you'll realize that even the most serious moments are layered over an utterly absurd premise. Hell, that on its own is pretty funny; that something so insane is being so solemn. Kill la Kill's purpose was to be fun.

tl;dr You took the show seriously when the show never took itself seriously.
>>
File: 1380906210942.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1380906210942.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
I will forever be mad about how shitty the show turned after like episode 7 or 8. The execution elections or whatever they were called took up like five or six fucking episodes and then we dove right into what was, admittedly fun at first with how fucking ridiculous it was, a completely retarded back half involving alien life fibers.
>>
>>135260459
If they wanted to be a funny light hearted series they shouldn't have started with a revenge murder mystery.
Klk just couldn't decide if it wanted to be fun and wacky, or dark and action packed, so it decided to just awkwardly cram in both wackiness and action in and make the whole experience suffer.
>>
>>135260883
I don't know, I thought it was pretty funny that the show had serious scenes under a very unserious premise. You can step back from even the heaviest scenes and go, "This is a show about people fighting over magical school uniforms." It's kind of like when you have a no-nonsense character being the source of humor. The seriousness itself becomes a joke.
>>
File: 1439304942599.jpg (75KB, 525x718px) Image search: [Google]
1439304942599.jpg
75KB, 525x718px
>>135254503
Hey, I thought I had the word edgy filtered. Thanks anon.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.