[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/a/, has anyone made any good direct adaptations of the War of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: cockpit2betty.jpg (37KB, 585x241px) Image search: [Google]
cockpit2betty.jpg
37KB, 585x241px
/a/, has anyone made any good direct adaptations of the War of 1904 or any of Japan's conflicts in the last century that didn't rely on allegory? I can remember the one film that was a series of animated shorts about WWII featuring a pilot in a Ta 152/Japanese suicide pilots flying out to engage American fleets.

The OVA, The Cockpit, inspired me to seek out more works detailing Japan's recent wartime experiences.
>>
Read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>135254350
>Hiroshima/Nagasaki enforcing the endless harem discussion even more

Fantastic, like discussion needed to be distributed over more boards.
>>
>>135254404
>break the rules
>complain when people tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>135254583
>actually discuss anime and attempt to torment discussion of the traumatising effect the War had on Japanese arts due to nearly 25 years of combined media and social censorship
>NOT ANIME

The catalog of /a/ mirrors that of /jp/ currently. Actual discussion is at a minimum.

Time to fuck off back to /hist/, at least they try.
>>
>>135254755
Good.
>>
Animated? Probably significantly less so than manga. The problem is that on the other end of the spectrum you get retarded NIPPON STRONG bullshit.
>>
>>135254909
Gate stands as a testament to this. Four layers of censorship out from the light novel and it still reads as a barely self-aware circlejerk about the abilities of the glorious Nihonnese forces over both the great nations and the world beyond the gate.
>>
>>135254325
There is not much conflicts to choose from anyway, and ww1 isn't suited for story-telling since Japan wasn't enough involved in it.
That just leaves ww2, which easily turns into Japan stronk revision of history or focuses on the small dramas of individuals during the war.
>>
>>135257458
I don't think Shigeru Mizuki's take on it was all that biased. Currently reading through it, but I'm not the most versed on the subject.
>>
Jesus christ, there's a big glowing sticky at the top of the board about rec threads, fuck off
>>
>>135257499
And there's always been a rule about no requests since forever. What difference does the sticky make to whatever is posted on /a/ and whatever is discussed anyways?
>>
File: img_1.jpg (203KB, 586x416px) Image search: [Google]
img_1.jpg
203KB, 586x416px
The comics series conquered a Japanese geek before than an Anime.
>>
>>135257499
Nobody reads stickies and the sticky isn't going to stay.

/a/ has never needed stickies because we're well capable to tell people to lurk the fuck more or get the fuck out and kill themselves.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.