[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /a/ feel about disney's GitS plans? >scarlett

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
How does /a/ feel about disney's GitS plans?
>scarlett johanson
kill me now
>>
>>135123000
I don't watch Disney movies, so they can cast Will Smith as Batou for all I care.
>>
>>135123110
>I don't watch Disney movies

Look how cool you are.
>>
Should've went with Kate Beckinsale years ago.
>>
File: y9CECQx.jpg (286KB, 848x1500px) Image search: [Google]
y9CECQx.jpg
286KB, 848x1500px
This is what should have happened...
>>
>>135123000

Why can't she look as hot like when she was in Iron Man 2?
>>
ayy lmao
>>
Dear Op, I'll just watch my Avalon blu-ray again instead

If you don't know what this is I feel sorry for you
>>
>>135123613
she was never hot. She has the crude face of a peasant girl.
>>
>>135123557

Antje Traue is perfect

>>135123613

Boob reduction.
>>
>>135123110
>>135123465
Isn't he smart not cool, if you're the one giving them money that makes you a dumb shit doesn't it?
>>
West cannot into GitS
>>
>>135123110
whoa whoa, lol. What if Tarentino got the rights

and had the Cast of Django Unchained
and also whatever members of Wu Tang are still alive and Morgon Freeman

Welcome to Ne"gr"o Tokyo

see it could be worse the Disney
>>
>>135123811
>What if Tarentino got the rights

ichi おăȘら @3:17
>>
I really like the early Scarlett Johanson, actually. Her performance in Lost in Translation was great.
>>
File: 1450863277152.webm (891KB, 720x260px) Image search: [Google]
1450863277152.webm
891KB, 720x260px
>>135123110
>>135123811
>Will smith is Batou
>White villain is trying to preserve racial/human purity in the age of trans-humanism
>Batou makes him suck his BBC at the end before killing him
>>
>>135123000
She looks like she's be blown over in a strong breeze. Not combat-cyborg in the least.
>>
>>135123000
That chick from new Dredd kind of looked the part. I wonder if they'll be able to pull it off with Scarlett. Also a competent director instead of that literally who is needed. I don't think this movie is going to be good and will be just another half assed cash in.
>>
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>135123971
$$$$$$$$
>>
You've all seen Avalon right, It's an Oshii movie staring the women Oshii would have picked to play the Major.

also Polish/Japanese movies are interesting
>>
File: AndersonDredd.jpg (145KB, 783x900px) Image search: [Google]
AndersonDredd.jpg
145KB, 783x900px
>>135123946
Forgot Pic.

I wonder if this is the look they'll go for in the movie.
>>
>>135123000
I hope it fails miserably.
>>
>Hating on ScarJo

I know we are supposed to hate 3d indiscriminately but she's pretty good. Biggest problem that might come up is that she will be too much like black widow
>>
>>135123000
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh fucking hell.

This would be fucking worse than avatar, dragonball E and all you need is kill
>>
Might be okay. I have no hype or expectations. If RT gives it less than 80, I won't go watch it.
I'll likely just go watch it so that I can bitch about it with /a/.
>>
I swear someday I am going to make an American Revolutionary war movie

American cast is Australian Abbo's

British will be played by American Indians

The French will be Zulu tribesmen

Don't like my movie? critics must be racist
>>
>>135124157
>Edge of Tomorrow was bad
Better than most anime live actions I've seen.
>>
The problem is: Scarlett Johanson is famous, very famous. There will be a lot of people who will watch the movie just because it is the new Scarlett Johanson's new movie.
It should be a new actress.
>>
>>135124101
It's not a matter of her being a bad actress, it's a matter of her not fitting the role.
>>
>>135124311
Her visibility is their plan.

>this movie gets a lot of attention
>anime thus gets more attention
>feminists begin complaining about anime like they do everything else
>>
I hope this is movie movie is big enough to force Hirohito to move live actions to /tv/ once for all.
>>
Scarlett doesn't have any of the gravitas necessary to play a woman that takes charge.

Plus the Major spends most of her time looking very serious. And thanks to her fat fucking lips, ScarJo always looks like she's pouting.

They couldn't have picked a worse actress for the role.
>>
>>135124165
> If RT gives it less than 80
Then your a stupid ass mother fucker.
RT means jack fucking shit especially in this case as the film will have critics with biases against Anime going against it.
>>
>>135123465
>getting passive aggressive over someone not liking Disney movies
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>135124311
They don't care about giving a faithful or good adaptation, they care about people paying tickets to see it on opening night. Drawing in a crowd using a big-name actress is exactly what they are after.
>>
>>135124381
>anime
>getting more attention

Doubtful.
>>
>>135124207
It was actually pretty good all things considering. The last second of the movie was shit though. It should have ended with Tom Cruise introducing himself by telling the girl her maiden's name rather than just randomly laugh for a second.

Speed Racer is still the best live action anime movie.

>>135124311
It doesn't matter. The only relevant factor is that she's famous and, if the movie is good, it might possibly lead to more anime being adapted into movies, thus bringing more normalfags to the medium. No one wants what happened to comics to happen to anime.

>>135124363
Also this. She doesn't look tough like the the major. She was a pretty good actress in that alien movie, who's name escapes me.
>>
>>135123000
Seeing how they just killed star wars I don't see how bad it could be.
>scarlett johanson
oh
>>
>>135124381
It doesn't matter if American feminists complain about sexism in anime since Japan doesn't give to fucks what gaijin think of the anime they make. Clearly feminist in Japan don't have a big issue with it, since those are the only people that could make any fuss in the industry.
>>
>>135124430
All it takes is for one or two visible culture critics to complain about the treatment of women in anime and tens of thousands will agree with them even if they don't actually care about the medium.

See: video games.
>>
>>135123771
The major will be played by Keanu Reeves
>>
>>135124409
RT is only there for me to see if it's worthwhile, I don't follow it to the letter. It just gives me a good indication if it's alright or not. A recent movie I watched had a 30% on RT and it was possibly the best slasher movie ever made.

>>135124430
It's a niche medium and people want it to remain that way.
>>
They'd water it down to a level that speaks to the general public. 4:20 blaze it faggot
>>
>>135124434
> No one wants what happened to comics to happen to anime.
> Implying I don't want a Dark Knight (08) quality adaption of Evangelion...
F U C K Y O U
>>
>>135124462
Feminists.. In Japan, that's a good one lol
>>
>>135124436
They killed it by making a overly nostalgic but still fucking great sequel?
>>
>>135124529
>adapting Eva
Good one. Paprika was a good (?) adaptation by the same man.
>>
>>135124536
Didn't entire Japan went batshit after some politician insulted a feminist publicly? He had to publicly apologise to her.

Though Jap feminists seem more tame than Western ones.
>>
>>135124500
> and it was possibly the best slasher movie ever made.
Which one if I may ask???
>>
File: le0zwinpumrjcyhctrqv.png (151KB, 800x321px) Image search: [Google]
le0zwinpumrjcyhctrqv.png
151KB, 800x321px
>>135124462
Japanese devs have paid enough attention in the past to not import things into the US.

DOA Extreme 3 is a pretty controversial recent example.
>>
>>135124529
In what way would an evangelion hollywood adaptation be good? The plot and themes are too complex to be condensed into 2 hours. The evas would be floaty, shiny CGI abominations, and the cast would be localized and re-written until they are unrecognizable.
>>
It all depends on the director/cinematographer/writer/art director combo.
>>
>>135124536
Feminist exist in Japan. They just have different values and different methodologies than most you will see here.
>>
>>135124597
It's just going to be another normalfag friendly flashy action movie with lots of explosions
>>
>>135124581
Not letting us have the things they make isn't the same as not making them in the first place.
>>
>>135124579
It's called The Collector.

Trust me on this, don't google it, don't watch the trailers, don't check IMDB. It horribly spoils one of the twist of the movie. Just torrent the movie and watch it. It has a likable and competent main character, an interesting setting, a menacing slasher monster, cat and mouse game, no one acts dumb, the police gets involved and it plays homage to old slashers while being its own thing.
It's glorious and I love it. Plus it's like an hour and a half long, but it's so tense that it feels a lot longer.
>>
>>135124551
The killed it by rehashing content rather than bringing anything new to the series. There was not a single moment in that movie that I did not predict.
And there is so much amazing content in the extended universe.
>>
>>135124626
Many movies that you'd consider examples of this actually aren't such.
>>
>>135124657
It's a first step, and screws us over all the same.
>>
>>135123000
Disney could never make a live action adaptation of a famous anime without /a/ whining about how terrible it is, or will be. Regardless of the actual details or quality, anons are going to jocky for position over who can be the most indignant that something they like might be exposed to a wider audience. There exists no permutation of a live action Hollywood adaptation that could be accepted by /a/. That's part of the culture, and it's fine, but there's no point in pretending that it's somehow a problem with this or that detail, with the director or the actress or whatever, when there was never any chance of it being liked in the first place.

I'm not expecting anything great, and probably won't even go see it, but I'm also not going to get a hipster hate boner over how terrible something I've never seen will be.
>>
>>135124578
A woman spoke at some political event (can't remember the correct term) Where she said that if they want women to start popping out more babies then the Japanese corporate / work culture need to change so that women don't have to choose between family and work. Some other politician then heckled her saying something like "you should be having kids right now and not speak here."
>>
>>135124815
That's a reasonable thing to be upset about.
>>
>>135124815
>>135124840

So she wasn't an active feminist?

I think she was right to be upset, she made a good point and the guy acted like a dick.
>>
>>135124815
How does she mean?

Women need maternity leave and other sexist institutions?
>>
>>135124584
The superb rebuilds (well... 2.0 and 3.0 are superb 1.0 is mearly good) say other wise on the condensed plot... yes I know they are not as complex as the series but only 2-3 more scenes giving Asuka's back story would have been good enough.
> The evas would be floaty, shiny CGI abominations
The cgi Eva in that 3d studio short from a few months back looked great.
>>
>>135123000
>>scarlett johanson
>kill me now
If the GitS film bombs, it would NOT be because of the lead actress. There is so many more likely failure points, that you are missing the forest for the trees to complain about casting.
>>
i honestly wouldn't mind if scarjo played the major. Both have similar slightly better than vanilla deadpan tones. As long as she got the majors hairdo to look as authentic yet as natural as possible then i'm all for it.

However, Batou cannot be played by Ron Perlman. If anyone should play him, it's that military guy from avatar. The dude practically looks just like him.
>>
>>135124893
>3.0 are superb
3 was trash
>>
Didn't they already cast a Danish dude for Batou?
>>
>>135124887
>How does she mean?

She means you can't expect your workers to work up to 80 hours a day if you also want them to also become parents.
>>
>>135124938

It depends really on who they use as a production studio.

If it lands on bruckheimer's desk he'll just use the same people that did pirates, nat tres, etc etc. It'll be adventurous and great for the family, but the plot will be watered down enough so that they can milk a trilogy out of it to inject plot that should have been in the first in the following two watered down titles.

If it lands on Ridley Scott's desk, we'd have a cult classic, it would be chock full of plot and be 3 hours long, but the chances of it getting a sequel depends on fan reaction (aliens didn't even release till almost 7 years after alien), however scott free productions isn't contracted with disney so if they want to do this right, they ought to fight for it.
>>
>>135125048
No one is forcing these women to work.

They just want to have their cake and eat it too.
>>
>>135123000
Its going to be the worst thing to ever happen to GitS.
>>
>>135125048
Sure you can, hire someone to take care of your child.
Are men not parents if they work long hours?
>>
>>135125271
Arise is a tough one to beat though.
>>
>>135125271

But what about Arise
>>
gits is overrated shit

even psycho piss is better
>>
>>135125299
Arise isn't as bad as the manga past the original volume, just underwhelming
>>
>>135125299
>>135125301
Arise at least gave a shit about the GitS setting. It over emphasized the action, but it was still recognizably GitS.

This movie will literally not be GitS.

>>135125306
Why?
>>
>>135125323
The original Manga is alright. Goofy character faces but solid worldbuilding.

The second Manga run, however was absolute piss
>>
>>135124430
It already has way more attention than when I was a teenager. I went into some emo shops at the mall and there were anime shirts and hats and stuff. That wasn't a thing when I was that age.
>>
>>135125228
>>135125293

Well, mindset like yours is why Japan will either die out or be forced to take immigrants eventually developing the same SJW shitfest the West has.
>>
They can try. In the end, it's either good and I may watch it, or it's awful, and I stay away.
>>
>>135125441
Japan already has immigrants. They are just from Asia, not Africa. Japan is alot less homogeneous then you think.
>>
>>135125441
Women entering the workforce to begin with was the problem, not the unwillingness to change everything else, likely for the worse, simply to accommodate that change.

Women entering the workforce is always the beginning of the end. Traditional social constructs, which are ideal for maintaining high birthrates, are pretty much never accommodated thereafter.
>>
>>135125549
Bullshit, women in developing nations work plenty, they just have a high birthrate because they rely on agriculture and have no cash for mechanization.
>>
>>135123000
Sandniggers should bomb these people.
>>
Expecting Total Recall Remake 2: Electric Doo Doo.
>>
>>135125493
>Japan already has immigrants

Not that many.
>>
>>135125441
I'm sure Japan will be fine. If anything, I'll die before Japan dies, so it's all good.
>>
>>135125493
It's still 98% Japanese.

>>135125549
And how do you propose we stop them from working?
Denying their freedom of choice what to do with their life?

>>135125595
Women in developing nations also work 2 jobs. Their regular job and the job of a housewife which is practically a household servant.
>>
>>135125714
>>135125691
Several million Korea and Chinese at least. The 98% figure comes from lumping together several ethnicity that have lived on Japan for ages, even if they are distinct (like the minority who partially emigrated to Brazil). And if Japan ever did loosen up immigration laws, it would be immigrants from South East Asia and maybe a few from Europe and America who took advantage, not third worlders.
>>
>>135125714
>Denying their freedom of choice what to do with their life?
Traditionally this worked, noone would complain about circumstances that were normal to them. Frankly, it's meaningless now. Nothing can be done to save western culture.
>>
>>135125810
How would you feel about someone beating you over the head to do what society thinks you ought to do and stop wanking to chinese cartoons?
>>
>>135125803
Um... Doesn't SEA count as third world?
>>
>>135125981
False equivalency.

A truer equivalent would be me being raised from the beginning with those expectations, in which case they'd be normal to me. What people want is adjusted by their socialization. One who never had freedom is far more likely be to happy than one who loses it.
>>
>>135126004
second world
>>
>>135124686

a little of topic but you know what pissed me off was how retarded the plot was.
Holy fug de aliance just discovered a wepon da size of a planet ;D
A two minuite discussion is all we'll need to destroy it , ow how convenaint if we blow up this one port the whole planet explodes, so origonal ;DDD

The passive-aggresive dyke was a pain in the ass to watch and the negro kept making stupid expressions.
>>
>>135126004
all of SEA is third world, that's why they should just give the mineral rich islands to China. They wouldn't even know what to do with those shit anyway.
>>
>>135123000
Can we agree right now to banish this shit to /tv/ or something? Let's not be like /co/ full of live action movie shit poorly aping the actual content of the board.
>>
>>135123000
What is wrong with her ear?
>>
>>135125714

>housewife which is practically a household servant

nah, japanesse people are not like that, hell in the west you hire somebody, in japan everybody does the chores, even if the wife doesnt work she would not be doing all the house work anyway
>>
>>135124045
>/a/ thinks all anime characters are white and will defend this

Way to counter argue yourself.
>>
>>135123000
What's with all the celebrities with short hair or even shaved heads lately? It's ugly in most cases
>>
>>135125228
>most women start working
>drive down wages for men and women
>no longer possible for men to be sole breadwinners
>>
>>135123946
>>135124033
She'd be great for it. In fact, that movie isn't dissimilar to how I'd make a live-action GitS.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.