[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Can you be too old for anime? Can you be too old for 4chan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 42

File: tfw.png (573KB, 687x1138px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tfw.png
573KB, 687x1138px
Can you be too old for anime?
Can you be too old for 4chan?
>>
>>135122893
No
Yes
>>
File: DSC00786.jpg (297KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DSC00786.jpg
297KB, 1280x960px
I'm 52.
>>
>>135122925
don't you have some obscure show to edit collectr
>>
>>135122925
Why do you post this every time you say you're 52?
>>
File: DSC00794.jpg (293KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DSC00794.jpg
293KB, 1280x960px
>>135122995
Because I don't use a tripname.
>>
I was hoping for a relife thread, instead I got shitposting. Go blog over at >>>/soc/
>>
>>135122951
I have lots of obscure shows.
>>
28 here, I think its pretty obvious that most people have skeletons in their closet. There's no such thing as 'too old' until it physically stops you from participating, the mental urge is still there so you will keep doing it.
Its like those people who smoke for their entire lives, they know its bad but they just have the urge so they fulfill it. Naturally, if you tell someone 'yeah, I watch loli anime and enjoy it' thats not going to fly well in normal conversation because everyone is just as afraid as you are from being seperated from 'the group'.
In my experience it's ultimately a balance of not showing your personal life to people you don't trust because most of the time they are hiding shit too and in the end you can just make friends who understand the hobby.
>>
File: 1445288209485.gif (387KB, 269x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445288209485.gif
387KB, 269x270px
>>135122893

>too old for anime and 4chan

I-I don't know how to cope without either of them, I need to stop getting older and getting myself into situations where I have to mature myself as a person
>>
>>135122893
You're "too old" for anime between like ten and fifteen, and then after that you mature and stop worrying about what others do in their free time or what they think of what you do in yours.
>>
I'd never take a person over 20 who is into anime seriously
>>
File: Merry_ch84_20.png (365KB, 675x532px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Merry_ch84_20.png
365KB, 675x532px
>>135122893
>can you be too old to have a hobby you enjoy
>can you be too old to be an anon
No and no. The only reason you'd care about either these is if you are underage b8 or an idiot who is to scared to do the things he loves because its not perceived as 'normal' enough
>>
>>135123238
I'd never trust anybody under 30.
>>
>>135122893
In most cases you can be too old or too young for something If it has a specifically intended demographic. That doesn't mean it's morally wrong to participate in or enjoy. People enjoy different things. As long as you don't parade with whatever it is publically and don't commit any faux pas I think it's fine.
>>
File: 23402349.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
23402349.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>135123238
>>135123268
>>
>>135123238
>being 18
>on /a/
>telling yourself you won't watch anime when you turn twenty in a year and a half
How delusional can you be? You're trapped here like the rest of us.
>>
File: seeyouspacejiisan.jpg (47KB, 450x338px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
seeyouspacejiisan.jpg
47KB, 450x338px
grumpy jii san wasn't too old for anime

and look at him
didn't he have a wife and went hiking?
>>
File: Deer-in-headlights.jpg (77KB, 1275x1275px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Deer-in-headlights.jpg
77KB, 1275x1275px
>>135123238
> yfw anime is made by people over 20
>>
I'm 27 but I haven't watched anime since I was 22. It's 99% shitty highschool harem escapism, and I mostly feel the same way as >>135123238.
>>
>>135123366
protip: He's not 18
>>
File: jiisan.png (318KB, 576x431px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jiisan.png
318KB, 576x431px
>>135122893
Nope
>>
>>135123379
Is he really gone?
>>
>>135122893
Yes for most of it
Yes
>>
>>135123390
Then why are you here?

>>135123384
It always amuses me when people who are a decade younger than the average creator talk about being too old for anime.
>>
>>135123366
I'm 26. I'm not 'into anime', I just watch it to fap to cute drawn girls. I watch maybe 2 shows per season.
>>
>>135123390
>It's 99% shitty highschool harem escapism
No it isn't, newfaggot
>>
>>135123390
>I'm 27 but I haven't watched anime since I was 22
says the guy on /a/
>>
>>135123390
>It's 99% shitty highschool harem escapism
Nice blog /v/ermin
>>
>>135123384
But they get payed for it
>>
>>135123408
本当だよ
>>
>>135123425
Then get out.
>>
>>135123379
He watched good stuff though, not the shit /a/ discusses.
inb4 you link the HOTD review.
>>
>>135123434
Barely.
>>
File: 1448695214081.png (101KB, 209x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448695214081.png
101KB, 209x400px
>>135123434
>payed
>>
>>135123440
nigga that post describes at least half of /a/
>>
>>135123446
stop being dumb, /a/ talks about all kinds of shows, you only visit shit threads
>>
>>135123471
>this is what shitters actually tell themselves
>>
>>135123434
They're in to it more than you. Most of them are otakooks.
>>
File: 1306221931632.png (260KB, 417x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1306221931632.png
260KB, 417x352px
>>135123425
>>135123471
Fucking normal fags. Get out! GET OUT!
>>
>>135123471
I hope you don't really believe this.
>>
File: capcapcapcapcapcap.png (220KB, 399x399px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
capcapcapcapcapcap.png
220KB, 399x399px
>>135123471
>nigga that post describes at least half of /a/
>projecting this hard
>>
CS_Lewis.png
>>
File: merry c82 7-3.png (128KB, 765x409px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
merry c82 7-3.png
128KB, 765x409px
>>135123434
With pennies? Yea. You'd need a lot of love and interest in the industry to work for that
>>
>>135123422
>Why are you here
I read manga sometimes. I was a regular here in 2007-2010, now I just check it every once in a while when I'm bored to see if there's any threads about shit that doesn't suck.
>>
>>135123563
Stop doing that. If you're not into it anymore, you're no longer welcome.
>>
File: 1446385551531.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446385551531.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>135123471
/a/ isn't /v/, thank you.
>>
>>135123434
Unless you're the IP owner for something that gets adapted or like one of ten people in the actual anime industry, you'd make more money for less work in plenty of accessible jobs.
>>
>>135123563
Well, nothing wrong with that.

Your opinion about anime might be flawed, but the escapism aspect of it is definitely there for some, no matter the title. It kinda exists in every media, though.
>>
>>135123533
He is right. Most people on /a/ are just waifufags who are here for the cute girls.
>>
>>135123661
>waifufags
>just here for the cute girls
I don't think you know what a waifufag is.
>>
I'll never be too old for manga.
>>
>>135122893
Fuck you OP, I got super excited at a chance to finally discuss Relife.

Fuck, when's that anime adaptation coming out.
>>
>>135123661
You don't even know what a waifu is.
>>
>>135122893
A 60-some year old lady was browsing the shop I work at with her grandchildren. I was surprised when her text-tone sounded with an energetic "O~HAYO GOZAIMASUUU". Her 7-year-old grandson gave an exasperated "shut uuuup". I swear I heard that same exact line before in something I've watch recently, but I can't place it. Baa-chan's powerlevel must be pretty high to be watching seasonal anime.
>>
File: fool.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fool.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>135123661
>Most people on /a/ are just waifufags
>>
>>135123765
This.

I fully anticipate growing out of anime and am already quite over it, but I can see manga being a lifetime hobby for me. It's just such a convenient, easy to read medium with so much quality content for any age.
>>
>>135123824
>It's just such a convenient, easy to read medium with so much quality content for any age.

Delicious bait.
>>
File: 1448145944768.png (301KB, 545x512px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448145944768.png
301KB, 545x512px
>>135123661
Back to >>>/v/ /v/ermin, you don't even know what a waifu is
>>
I've made a list of anime to watch on my death bed. It starts with Digimon which was the first thing I watched, then Rizelmine which was the first anime I saw subbed, and it's going to end with Aria.
>>
>>135123756
>>135123795
>>135123816
Are you still taking the meme seriously? In every blog thread you so what kind of people browse this place. I give you a tip, the people on here also browse a place called /v/.
>>
>>135123874
meme meme meme
>>
You must be sick in the head to not outgrow anime eventually. Anime is so stagnate and it only gets worse every year. This year was not a single series I would even give a 8/10.
>>
>>135123874
You don't know what a meme is, either, I see.
>>
>>135123917
That's because you watched five anime this year.
>>
>>135123891
>>135123923
Getting triggered by the word meme? Reminds me of the people from a place called /v/. They also talk in nothing but memes but pretend they hate them and deny it.
>>
>>135123874
>meme
Fuck off
>>
>>135123958
Just put a trigger warning next time, thanks.
>>
>>135123949
5 anime is like a thirdof what I watch every season. The only good anime I watched this years was old anime in my backlog.
>>
>>135123958
Misusing the word "meme" is only proof that you are underage.
>>
>>135123958
This is some real low effort fishing.
>>
>>135123949
Not him but come on man, it was a pretty shitty year. People are calling One Punch Man AOTY and that was high quality, but high quality mindless entertainment.

In just recent memory 2014 was way better.
>>
>>135123997
>don't like anything you watch
>watch 40+ shows and then complain about it
I don't believe you.
>>
>>135124025
>People are calling One Punch Man AOTY
You mean /v/ermin are calling it AOTY
>>
>>135123846
>bait
Baitfags everyone.
>>
>>135124010
Facing reality is hard, isn't it? That's something you have in common with people from a place called /v/.
>>
>>135122893
Yes you can. Yes you are.
Yes you can. Yes you are.
>>
>>135124025
> People are calling One Punch Man AOTY
And people called Parasyte AOTY last year. There are dumb people every year. This year was weak overall, but we had plenty of good shows and one or two really good ones.
>>
>>135123795
These are getting more and more retarded.
>>
>>135124044
You wanted to belittle anime, don't try to hide it.

It's not an opinion I disagree with, though. It's just that I like anime just as much.
>>
>>135124032
Don't be such a faggot.
If I would have watched any less you would have said that I watched too few to judge it.
>>
File: milkyslut_2.jpg (103KB, 425x419px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
milkyslut_2.jpg
103KB, 425x419px
>>135124077
You should have seen 1k+ anime before posting on /a/
>>
>>135124025
2015 is definitely the worst year so far in this decade, I have to agree with that. I don't know why but the "true" second seasons sucked balls.
>>
>>135124077
>If I would have watched any less you would have said that I watched too few to judge it.
And? Doesn't impact my reasoning. Anyone who doesn't like a single show out of the forty they watch would not be watching forty shows from this year and posting on /a/.
>>
>>135124072
It's bait to tell the truth? I wasn't even him.

>convenient, easy to read
What's so obnoxious about that? It's much easier to take around manga physically or digitally.

>quality content for any age
Again, how could you possibly argue this? It has magazines upon magazines for different demographics. By virtue of quantity, it's just something that anime can simply not match no matter how much I enjoy (or don't) about the medium.
>>
Animation is turning worse by the day.

More and more moecrap, idolshit and gimmicky shounen garbage gets released every season and the one seinen show every season is often some pretentious high concept shit.
>>
>>135124104
I've only read 1k of manga. Do I pass?
>>
>>135124134
I said I wouldn't rate anything 8/10 and above. I never said I didn't enjoy anything I watched. You probably heard it often but try to get some reading comprehension.
>>
>>135124148
>not knowing what seinen is
Bravo.
>>
>>135124147
First one is an opinion, I honestly feel that anime is more convenient to me because I have to buy manga from bookstores in here and that's boring as shit.
We are not the target audience.
>>
>>135124064
I can't remember anything this year that was better than watchable.

I'm not one of those anime is dead doomsayers either, there's been a lot of stuff I've liked the last few years like Shirobako or Chihayafuru but man, 2015. I don't think I'll remember a single series this year.
>>
File: 1409037917168.jpg (21KB, 300x293px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409037917168.jpg
21KB, 300x293px
>>135122893
Before that would happen, there will be WW3 and my city will be nuked or Internet will be so monitored and censored, all fun will be gone.
Either way, I stay here until the ride ends, faggots.
>>
>>135124184
> I never said I didn't enjoy anything I watched. You probably heard it often but try to get some reading comprehension.
>>135123997
> The only good anime I watched this years was old anime in my backlog

>inb4 enjoying it doesn't mean it's good
Yes, it does.
>>
>>135124190
Just stop replying if you have only garbage to say.
>>
>>135123238
This is why I'm watching as much anime as I can before I hit 20. Fuck those seasonal "modern" shows, from now on I'm only going to watch shows straight out of my backlog.
>>
>>135124173
Yes

>>135124184
>he actually rates things and with numbers on top of that
No wonder you're an idiot
>>
>>135124236
>there are people under 20 on /a/
>they're probably a third or more of the userbase
I know it, but being reminded is always weird.
>>
>>135122921
This. I used to see some merit in using other boards what like, 8+ years ago, in my early 20s, and even then only barely.

None of the other boards do it for me. I haven't cared about video games in years. I compose music but fucking hate /mu/. I work in science but fucking hate /sci/. I build models but fucking hate /m/ and /toy/. Most 4chan hobby discussions are either non-existent, amateur hour, or shitposting hour, an unjustifiable waste of time. The general level of expertise does not seem to go up over time either. I used to think it surely would, but no not really, maybe a tiny bit but not nearly enough for me.

Not you guys though. Or at least, some of you. /a/ is the only thing that keeps me around 4chan otherwise I suppose I've outgrown its usefulness and see why other people leave when they get older - they get too advanced for 4chan's level. As long as the thin crust of actual experienced peers is around here, though, I'll be.
>>
>>135124148
>More and more moecrap, idolshit
>>
>>135124225
You can enjoy something that is merely ok. Also if you're very into the genre you can enjoy something that is mediocre. Only because someone enjoys to eat shit doesn't mean it's any good.
>>
File: charliebrown.png (140KB, 502x558px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
charliebrown.png
140KB, 502x558px
>>135124148
So you're that edgy boy who only watches mature shows for adults like yourself?

>>135122921
You're right. Isn't there a board for old guys to discuss anime varying from logh to gochiusa?
>>
>>135124025
And there's also people calling Non Non Biyori AOTY. Of course it's shitty
>>
>>135124270
>Only because someone enjoys to eat shit doesn't mean it's any good.
There's no health aspect to anime, so that falls through. Enjoying it means it's good. Enjoying it a lot means it's really good.
>>
>>135124265
It's tunnel vision from staring at /a/ all day.
>>
>>135124240
Wow, you're some really pathetic nitpicky idiot. Don't forget to take your autism meds.
>>
>>135124265
How can a feeling as pure as moe kill anything
>>
>>135124050
The reason it's so easy to tell that you are underage is because your brain isn't fully developed yet. Teenagers use the primitive amygdala for their reasoning and decision making, rather than their more logical pre-frontal cortex like adults with properly functioning brains. It's obvious from the way you post that you lack the reason and levelheadedness of an adult. It's not your fault, you just haven't finished forming yet. But that's the reason we don't allow children like you to post in places like this yet. You're just not ready to contribute to a discussion with grown-ups.
>>
>>135124192
You're way too defensive and easily offended if you think praising manga is belittling anime. Convenience is a personal thing that varies from person to person, and I meant in the way I can read it on my tablet whenever I'm idling in public rather than how easy it is to obtain. Though I have no idea why you need to buy manga when it's easily found online.
>>
>>135124296
That your own subjective retarded reasoning.
>>
>>135124383
So you judge anime by how they contribute to your wellbeing and future prosperity?
>>
>>135124383
What does that even mean?

Is it "your opinion is subjective but mine isn't" time again?
>>
Yes you can. 90% of people on /a/ are in their twenties. Most will eventually stop waching anime and stop visiting this place.
>>
>>135124485
> Most will eventually stop waching anime and stop visiting this place
I doubt it, and especially if you discount the <2 year newfags. Once you've gotten into it, it just spirals, and eventually you've got nothing else to do if you stopped.
>>
>>135124443
Oh please, you attacked my opinion in the first place because you couldn't deal with it. You called me out and I needed to defend my opinion and now you're acting like I pretended that it was objective? You're rotten to the core.
>>
File: kaiji.jpg (50KB, 225x320px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kaiji.jpg
50KB, 225x320px
>>135123390
Sturgeon's Law applies to anime; 90% of everything is shit. That's true in every medium; the trick is to discriminate and not watch shit.
>>
>>135124547
That's not even me, it's some new guy. >>135124440 was me.
>>
>>135124291
I guess that's here. It's just a matter of "do the shonen kids leave our threads alone" and generally they do.

It would be funny to have a LoGH+Gochiusa thread just to see how many people would be fine discussing them side-by-side. I bet it would only be a small number, with a lot of people coming in convinced that you can't honestly love both and shitposting to that aim. Still, there would probably be more positive reception to the principle of the thread than you'll see on just about any other anime site in English, or at least ones where you don't have to wait days to get a reply.
>>
>>135124485
>Most will eventually stop waching anime and stop visiting this place.
I doubt it. Anime is a hobby and is entertainment. Unless anime suddenly stops being entertainment, I doubt I'll ever get sick of it
>>
>>135124547
What kind of human believes another human is "rotten to the core" because of something they said on /a/?
>>
>>135124542
If you stay behind when the new generation arrives in the next 5-10 years there is no helping you. Also I read already a thousand times from twentiesfags that they will watch anime until they die. As if your words have any weight to them.
>>
>>135124650
Have you ever been to /pol/?
>>
>>135124650
What if the guy said he had gangrene?
>>
>>135124599
>ith a lot of people coming in convinced that you can't honestly love both and shitposting to that aim.
I doubt that one. Because, most people who enjoy SoL/Moeblob and that shit, also normally watch pretty much everything else. The ones who'd be upset are your deepmaturefags or whatever you want to call them and everyone else would be telling them to fuck off
>>
>>135124620
People say this but anime has a notoriously high turnover rate. Early 20s is a senior citizens at cons, and most anime sites, like MAL, are almost unanimously populated with teenagers; compare that to the turnout at the average sci-fi convention.
>>
>>135124574
90% of the population is stupid too
>>
>>135124599
>with a lot of people coming in convinced that you can't honestly love both and shitposting to that
No, it'd just be active shitposters seeing how easy it would be and taking advantage of it and baiting for hours.
>>
>>135124650
Why are you crying over that? Are you responding to the thousands of times people tell to kill yourself every day the same way? Must have hit right on mark for such double standards to arrive.
>>
>>135124705
Yes, but most of /a/ is already past sixteen. There's an age where you have an anime phase, and beyond that I think the turnover is much lower.
>>
>>135124574
The percentage should be a lot higher for anime since there is no creative freedom, some absolute corrupted finance strucutre, only relatively small amount are produced every years, they are less risk friendly than hollywood and the industry is isolated as fuck. Manga I can agree with that it's just like anything else with just 90% being shit, but anime no way.
>>
>>135124846
> only relatively small amount are produced every years
Do you know how percentages work?
>>
>>135124846
Anything manga should be like 95%, or even more.
>>
>>135124846
>they are less risk friendly than hollywood
I've read some dumb stuff in my day but this is memorable.

>>135124871
He doesn't seem particularly intelligent.
>>
>>135124871
You're literally implying percentage is linear in size in this matter. Your stupidity knows no bounds.
>>
>>135124846
Are you seriously suggesting that more of anime is shit than of Hollywood movies? Not only is that terrible taste, but I don't see why you're here if you believe that it's all so bad.

>>135124897
>>135124846
Manga's hard to judge because you're probably at the mercy of scanlators' tastes, which aren't representative.
>>
>>135124705
That's because western con-goers tend to be casuals and newfags to begin with. I guarantee most of the older /a/ users would not be caught dead at a con because of all the dubfags and flavor of the month/year bandwagoning. It's also a social activity hence more appealing to gaia and leddit faggots etc. There is basically nothing to be gained from cons - no new reveals, all merch can be had elsewhere cheaper etc.

If you went to Comiket however then mid-late 20s would be basically just the baseline age for Westerners, and you could easily see 30s dudes there. One could say that this is biased towards the fact that you can't just go to a con in Japan on a whim unless you have a good enough job that you have the money and can book pto on a whim to go, which you don't usually have until you're done with school.

However, the fact that people do that at all when they gain the capability suggests that indeed the hobby does scale with age. I mean in Japan itself a bunch of otaku on futaba are in their 30s-40s. Not all of them are fat NEETs either; they've just been into anime for a long, long time.
>>
>>135124924
I'm saying Hollywood is more creative than anime which has literally the same 10 character tropes in all of them. There is probably nothing else where you can find the very exact same character in hundreds of works.
>>
>>135124971
Nice attempt to sidetrack, but answer the question. Do you or do you not believe that Hollywood produces a higher percentage of good stuff than anime?
>>
>>135124846
>they are less risk friendly than hollywood
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>135124971
The seiyuu aspect hurts character personalities on anime, but to reduce it to ten is retarded, Hollywood suffers from this too, and the real struggle comes from the mere fact that they are actually different actors.
>>
>>135122893
27 here reporting in, you either fall or you push on.
As for 4chan sadly Moot was right, the sad part is there isn't an equivalent board yet and the internet is getting shittier, 4chan has always been slightly ahead of the net curve in the field of not introducing 3D identity shit.
>>
>>135124996
You seem to believe only michael bay action spectacles exist in hollywood. TV series also belong to that.

Anime has literally one dimensional characters all the time while. Seiyuu's all go to the same schools and get teached the exact same things. In hollywood movies often they take real people like drug dealers to play the role of a drug dealer. Seriously, the characters are the worst thing in anime. There is no depth to them, you could switch characters of the same archetype between anime and nothing would change. It's pathetic.
>>
>>135124971
>I'm saying Hollywood is more creative than anime
Literally no.
>>
I'm 28 and I still browse 4chan almost daily. I don't spend long on here,maybe half an hour on the evenings after work. I don't watch anime anymore really, maybe 1 a year. I flip through /fit/ and /vg/ when I have time to play a game and I want to see discussions.

It's more the camaraderie of 4chan that draws me back. 4chan doesn't seem that different from other forums except it seems more honest and I enjoy that. I've been browsing 4chan since high school so I really enjoy the culture for the most part. So no, I don't think you can be too old for 4chan but I definitely feel like I outgrew, or lost interest, in recent anime.
>>
>>135124971
>I'm saying Hollywood is more creative than anime which has literally the same 10 character tropes in all of them
Are you fucking serious? Do you like watch only the seasonal harem or something? Your average hollywood shit is normally whatever is the current fad and is just copy paste of other things and normally the same fucking genres. Every season has anime from a insane amount of genres and differ incredibly. No wonder you think anime is shit, you have shit taste and only watch shit, and so you think the entire medium is shit
>>
>>135125086
Again, answer the question or stop responding to me. I don't care about this other stuff.
>>
>>135125076
And it's still a shit place, I guess I have a scat fetish.
>>
>>135125086
Holy shit someone put a bullet in this failure's head. The human race needs to move on.
>>
>>135123488
>>135123525
Sometimes I feel like it's true. I go into NNB and Gochiusa threads and it's just people circlejerking to fanart and their fap fantasies.
>>
File: 1450697236792.png (103KB, 395x416px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450697236792.png
103KB, 395x416px
>>135125086
You couldn't troll any harder, even if you tried. Fuck
>>
>>135125086
>Seiyuu's all go to the same schools and get teached the exact same things.

Actors go to the same schools and get taught the same things too, and they are even different people.

>>135125148
The characters are cute, I don't blame them.
>>
>>135125148
> I go into NNB and Gochiusa threads and it's just people circlejerking to fanart and their fap fantasies
And how does this mean they don't watch anime?
>>
I'm watching and enjoying anime and manga more now than when I was younger.


I have more free time and my life is basically set for the future.
>>
>>135125107
Give me one series this season that is risk-friendly.

All you other failures who will have nothing to respond with are also invited to give it a go.
>>
>>135125216
Every series that flopped.
>>
>>135125222
That's not how it works.
There was not a single one there that didn't have the usual tropes to make it popular.
>>
>>135125196
I guess it does, but they're not the same as people who watch anime because they enjoy it. They're on the same level of fujoshits who only "watch" anime to get off shipping the characters to write their fanfics.
>>
>>135125216
Perfect Insider
Osomatsu
>>
File: smug anime face 79.jpg (56KB, 640x879px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug anime face 79.jpg
56KB, 640x879px
>>135123434
>animators
>payed
>>
>>135125258
No, people who like NNB like the show itself in addition to the chars. If you think it's "boring" you are nowhere near close to getting it. You don't have to be attracted to the characters to like/understand moe SoLs.
>>
>>135125216
Everything that isn't made by a big studio is full of risks, you idiot
>>
>caring what others think of your hobby
>>
>>135125216
Once again, answer the question.
>>
>>135125314
Where did I say it's boring? I watch those kind of shows. I'm just saying most of the people there don't care about the shows or the characters and are only there to fap. Thus they are on the same level as fujoshits.
>>
>>135125258
>people like fapping to characters
>that means they don't enjoy the anime
>>
>>135125296
It should include any original anime from fall.
>>
>>135125296
Osomatsu is not risk friendly as it's the usual anime comedy that works with references which is the most mainstream anime comedy can get.

Perfect Insider is total garbage so I can understand it being a risk though.
>>135125331
Fuck off you little piece of shit, you know how it was meant so don't be nitpicky just for arguments sake.
>>135125340
I answered your question in my very first response. If you can't read please don't bother.
>>
>/tv/posting
Hello reddit.
>>
>>135125363
> I'm just saying most of the people there don't care about the shows or the characters and are only there to fap
You're an idiot. They talk about fapping as a side line thing and because they like it, you moron
>>
>>135125365
They only enjoy it because they can jerk off to it. Any reason they have for liking the show is purely sexual whether or not they admit it.
>>
>>135125381
>I answered your question in my very first response. If you can't read please don't bother.
No, you said something slightly related that didn't give a definitive response. Whether it's more "creative" is secondary to whether it's better. Now answer.
>>
>>135125086
For sec I though he was going to give a legit debatable statement. Into the trash you go. Lurk more is the only option for you.
>>
>>135125444
I don't know, I watch maybe one or two films a year. I didn't even watch the new Star Wars because I don't give a fuck about films.
>>
>>135125296
Perfect Insider is very risk-friendly. There's already a dorama adaptation of the novel plus Nishinosono/Sensei dynamic is typical josei shit. It was a safe bet on part of the makers.
>>
>>135122925
I am so sorry.
>>
>>135125406
>side line thing
If you gender-swapped the shows 95% of the people in those threads wouldn't watch them because they couldn't fap to characters anymore.
>>
>>135125381
Osomatsu was not guaranteed to be a hit at fucking all. Going by the first episode they seemed acutely aware it could fail hard.

It also has a rather unique art style and some things that it does might be considered a little too lewd/edgy for this kind of show for Japan mainstream (yes, backlash that it was too edgy compared to old osomatsu easily could have killed it).

I don't think they counted on fujoshits to gravitate towards it as the char designs aren't really bishie at all and they treated the idea as a joke (again first ep).
>>
>>135125381
>Fuck off you little piece of shit, you know how it was meant so don't be nitpicky just for arguments sake.
No, you are the one being fucking nitpicky. What you seem to be looking for is an original anime that doesn't use lots of common tropes, which isn't going to fucking happen. Creative work is all about using other peoples work and doing in your own way, most of the time. There is also tons of originals a season that's risky, but there is no point bringing them up as you just proved with your Osomatsu comment

Making an anime is 10x more risky then hollywood shit will ever be
>>
>>135123390
So fuck off then
>>
>>135123425
How do you choose just 2 shows a season? Most of the content for new shows is shit anyways so you'd rather just stick to older shows if you want fap material.
>>
>>135125381
>>135125256
I wish you'd give a clearer definition of what you mean, because when there's a bunch of different genres with their own fanbases, plenty of things that aren't clones of each other are going to be easy to call "non-risk-taking" because are similar to other things in their genre or because they include tropes that sell while also having creative sides. That said, Concrete Revolutio, Subete ga F, YBJ, Ushio to Tora, Garo.
>>
>>135123814
Aw fuck dude
>>
>>135125512
The character design is the only risk. And even then, this is based on something known to begin with.

Also did you notice how they casted really popular male voice actors for the gang?
>>
VNs are the best "otakushit" experience. Anime is for plebs.
>>
>>135125501
>show is about cuteness and sexual arousal
>replace the characters with boys
>people who don't find boys cute or sexually arousing stop watching
What a surprise.

Just because you think cute things are for little kids and are afraid of an erection doesn't mean that's not enjoyment.
>>
>>135125501
If you genderbent the characters, it would be fucking horrible because it wouldn't work and would ruin what makes it good. A all-male cast wouldn't work with the dynamic it was going for. What you are looking for is nichibros there. That's what you'd get if you genderbent it and changed it to be good
>>
>>135125471
> I don't know, I watch maybe one or two films a year
> I don't give a fuck about films.
Then why the fuck are you telling us how risk-taking Hollywood is compared to anime? What?

>>135125486
Except it's flopping.
>>
File: 1450837621075.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450837621075.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>doesn't watch anime yet posts in threads like this because he thinks his opinion matters
can you niggers just drop dead since it's clear you won't leave or restrain yourself from posting
>>
>>135125544
No way the second Garo has any risk involved.

The first Garo I can agree with, but the second is a successor with way less budget and taking place in a popular setting. It's literally the opposite of taking a risk and the series is complete garbage.
>>
>>135125581
Nah man, I fap to loli. I just keep it separate from platonic shows like NNB because there's so much porn out there I don't need to sexualize a show that's supposed to be about relaxing and healing. You people are almost as bad as fucking normals, you feel the need to sexualize almost everything.
>>
>>135125606
Saying you don't watch anime should be a bannable offense. Same with saying you don't play video games on /v/ or don't cook on /ck/.
>>
>>135125606
Your parents will die the night before christmas if you don't respond to me with something nice.
>>
>>135125592
I was gonna say, /a/ loved Nichibros and /a/ likes Osomatsu right fucking now. A group of guys should have a very different set of dynamics than a group of girls, but Free could have easily been flipped to be a girl cast and it would not change much besides appearance, and while /a/ was apoplectic at KyoAni for making it in the first place, the show was still liked here.

Like the Free threads much of the Oso threads now are gay/fujo as fuck, but a lot of people genuinely like the show ignoring that.
>>
>>135125561
>>135125486
See, this is why talking about whether things are "risk-friendly" or not is stupid. Things can be off the beaten track, but almost everything is going to have an attempt to appeal to people, because that's how a business works. Risk has almost nothing to do with creativity of the subject matter and everything to do with whether there's a fanbase or audience for what you're making, what names you attach to it, etc.
>>
>>135125592
I would agree if the characters were older, but little kids are fair game. You can have shotas act the same as loli for the most part.
>>
>>135125628
This
>>
>>135125609
It's shit, but it's something different, and the first one didn't sell very well, if I remember.
>>
>>135125658
Just switch risk friendly with original then. It should confuse you less.
>>
63 here
>>
>>135125628
this
the one thing I really don't understand is how a person gets it into his head that his opinion on something he's no longer associated to matters. It really is like me posting on /o/ even though I don't own a car and know nothing about them. Why even bother?
Might as well just brand those posts as bait and not reply to them in the future

>>135125634
I don't believe in superstition, fuck off
>>
>>135125695
No, it still wouldn't work. Shota's are fucking hyperactive as hell and a relaxing, healing anime about shota's would of flopped. That dynamic just simply doesn't work with males, and even more so with underage ones.
>>
>>135125628
>>135125704
>>135125738
Fuck off. 90% of /a/ is about seasonal anime and waifus. Now you even say straight out mangafags have no place here. /a/ is dead.
>>
>>135125732
> It should confuse you less
I'm not the one being confused, the people talking about voice actors and doramas are. It's not their fault, though, since you can't fucking choose your words properly. I also like that you still cling to "original" and refuse to discuss what is good or answer my original question.
>>
File: 1448684302046.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448684302046.png
129KB, 314x278px
I'm 42 and I've been here since I was like...31 I think? AMA. Yes my life is bad.
>>
>>135125784
>/a/ - anime and manga
I just forgot to mention manga in that posts since everyone was so focused on anime, but it should be clear that it's more than welcome as well, since it's in the fucking name of the board
>>
>>135125750
Dude, have you seen little kids before? There are plenty of mellow boys and hyperactive girls. Not to mention it's 2D so you can give them any kind of personality. It's pretty obvious that sexual attraction is a huge factor in these series so of course a series with shota would flop.
>>
>>135125628
Is /ck/ welcoming to people that started cooking assiduously like a couple of months ago? I'm really interested in being part of the board, but it seems like I'm still not qualified to do so.
>>
>>135125784
Fuck off /v/ermin. That's because seasonal anime is fucking new content and most anons have watched a lot of the old shit and discussed it to hell and back. There is regular threads for old shit all the time

>Now you even say straight out mangafags have no place here
No one said that
>>
>>135125784
They clearly don't mean mangafags, you stupid fuck, but I would say that most manga only fags have no place discussing anime beyond whenever they stopped watching, just like anime only fags shouldn't go and try to make claims about the state of josei manga or anything else they have no idea about.
>>
>>135125789
You're just retarded if you don't know exactly what is meant.

You're just showing your bad attitude by being so nitpicky.
>>
>>135125806
Fuck off, no one cares.
>>
>>135125813
> of course a series with shota would flop
Do you have any idea how many people on /a/ flip out over little boy dick and /ss/?
>>
>>135125738
I think it's because /v/ often says they don't even like/play games. I guess I would liken it to an emeritus position (for gamers), like you're done with games, at least compared to how you used to play them.. but because you put in so many hours that you still feel the urge to chime in on current events you see unfolding because you consider yourself an expert.

Not sure if that really applies to /a/ though because I mean come on, it takes like 3-4 hours to watch an entire 1-cour anime. It's not like video games, where once you're an adult you have to decide whether your 5-6 hours free time on workdays is worth blowing every second of in a game or not, just to keep up with the teens/college kids who play ten hours a day. At that point literally nothing seems worth it anymore for games, but again that doesn't carry over for anime, I mean if you literally can't spare 20 minutes a day to watch shows a few times a week, you've got bigger problems at hand.
>>
>>135125822
But most new seasonal content is shit, there is no point in discussing it. You should fuck off to /v/.
>>
>>135125830
>You're just retarded if you don't know exactly what is meant.
Okay, so then all the people saying that shows weren't risk-friendly are retarded. Good to know I was in the right.
>>
Hey guys, calm down on the insults. 12 year olds should get along.
>>
>>135125813
>NNB had anything to do with sexual attraction

Fuck off you stupid retard. You seem to have completely missed the point of the show. A show about shotas in the environment would of fllopped because the dynamic doesn't work with males and with shota's even more so. A show about shotas would of been just like nichibros, except, more childish. People only really talking about fapping to the characters, because these sort of shows don't really have much to talk about, so people always at the end of the day will end up that point
>>
>>135125806
>AMA
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>135125658
Except both the names you attach to it and the presence or absence of an established fanbase have everything to do with creativity. The names are the ones outputting creativity and a fanbase can help you avoid investing in creativity at all.
>>
>>135125880
>But most new seasonal content is shit
Maybe if you are a faggot who hasn't broadened his horizons

>there is no point in discussing it
Maybe you should fuck off to some other anime forum then were they talk about only mainstream shit. Even the shittest of shows have something to talk about and you're a fucking moron if you think people shouldn't talk about them. The fact I can talk about anything here, is something that makes /a/ so attracting
>>
>>135125958
That argument might have merit if we were talking about shows that hadn't aired yet, but we aren't. You have the fucking content right there, that decides if it's creative or not. All the rest is just circumstantial stuff that can influence it, and not worth talking about when you have the anime itself to examine for creativity.
>>
>>135125923
You're the one missing the point. NNB was about their adolescence in the countryside and experiencing new things, shit isn't exclusive to little girls. Collecting insects/tadpoles, watching the night sky; exploring the countryside; these are all things both sexes can experience. Of course more braindead retards don't care about this and just jerk off to the shows. Which is fine but when it's all they talk about they can fuck right off.
>>
>>135125820
If you can make your own meals, even if awful, you can post /ck/. Just be prepared for someone to call your food shit and your life invalid.
>>
>>135126126
I'm prepared for that, I just think I can't deliver anything back to the board considering I'm still a shit tier cook.
>>
No /v/, go home.
>>
File: 132643753822.jpg (150KB, 646x650px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
132643753822.jpg
150KB, 646x650px
Why is /a/ full of so many fucking normies now?
What happened???
>>
>>135126214
>frogposting
>normie
Fuck off back to /r9k/
>>
>>135126214
Kill yourself
>>
>>135126214
Fuck off frog poster, I'd sooner "normies" than shit heads like you.
>>
>>135126214
You are not welcome either, frog poster.
>>
>>135126036
Of course that's not exclusive to girls. But your original point was that if you genderbent the characters, it would flop because people can't sexualize them. Which is wrong, because the relaxing atmosphere and the healing nature of it isn't going to work with little shota's, because males are completely fucking different. In actual fact, that would succeed, because shotacon fujofags would eat it right fucking up.

A genderbent NNB with it actually being good, would literally be nichibros, except, made more childish and with some aspects of NNB added to it. NNB's dynamic wouldn't work with shota's, as shota's aren't fucking lolis and you would have to play them out differently. Even then, people would still be masturbating to it, because there isn't much to talk about and after about 100 replies of people talking about the show, it'll be serialization, because there isn't much else to talk about. It's also a incredibly human thing to do. Stop getting upset over literally nothing, moron
>>
>>135126214
/a/ is still one of the most popular boards so there're plently of normies here. Usually they just stick to their SNK, SAO, OPM-tier generals but they also slip into threads like these.

Also, you can ignore those 4 replies before mine they're just mad normalfags.
>>
>>135126322
Kill yourself
>>
>>135126002
We're talking about risk-friendliness and that doesn't change after a show has aired, because risk only exists before that, as after it's just a fact.

If you want to limit yourself to value judgements and talk only about stuff "worth talking about", be my guest, but at least have decency to stop being wrong.
>>
>>135126322
If you are ever on the side of someone posting may may the frog, then you lost.
Just kill yourself.
>>
>>135126353
No, kill YOU'RE self
>>
>>135126364
We've gone back and forth between "creativity" and "risk-friendliness" in this reply chain, and they really aren't the same thing.

>If you want to limit yourself to value judgements and talk only about stuff "worth talking about", be my guest, but at least have decency to stop being wrong.
Oh, nevermind, you're just shitposting.
>>
File: 1402526410765.png (17KB, 467x453px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402526410765.png
17KB, 467x453px
>>135126268
>>135126270
>>135126272
>>135126285
>>135126371
>>135126373
It's not just any frog, it's a jojo frog, but you wouldn't know since you don't actually watch anime, you fucking normie faggots,
GET OUT OF MY BOARD
>>
File: cocoa-ded.png (508KB, 866x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cocoa-ded.png
508KB, 866x720px
>>135126465
Why didn't you post an actual JoJo character instead, stupid frog poster.
>>
>>135126465
I am up to date on the Jojo anime and manga.
Kill yourself
>>
File: Gin.gif (450KB, 488x275px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Gin.gif
450KB, 488x275px
>>135126465
>liking JoJo
>>
If you don't get redirected to /v/ or reddit at least once every day you don't belong on /a/. Just keep your cookie cutter opinion to yourself.
>>
>>135126556
Stop posting.
>>
>>135126556
Kill yourself
>>
>>135126556
The only reason you''d get redirected to either reddit or /v/ is if you talk or act like an idiot. Fuck off
>>
>>135122893

I'm a 30 years old wizard and the "newest" anime I watched was kill la kill. While I rarely watch anime nowadays, I still visit 4chan in a daily basis
>>
>>135126646
You have shit taste and your life is shit, kill yourself.
>>
>>135126629
I want naive newshits that try to fit in like you to leave for real. You get redirected everytime someone disagrees with you which means if you don't get redirected you're just circlejerk scum and should die for real.
>>
>>135126646
Why the fuck do you still go on /a/ if you don't watch anime, you fucking loser.
How about you straighten out your pathetic life or something. Or better yet, kill yourself.
>>
>>135126674
You're like a bully who bullies others because he's unhappy about something in his own life, or because he's insecure. Kill yourself.
>>
>>135126689
No one is going to give you the satisfaction you want and redirect you. Lurk moar you retard
>>
>>135126556
I don't think I've ever been told to go to /v/ or reddit. Rather I sometimes say it to other people. You're definitely doing something wrong.
>>
>>135126715
I bet you still get bullied while being a 30 year old, faggot.
>>
>>135126646
Obviously a /v/ wizard, muh friend I hope you get comfy robes/ cloak and hat.
Just walk out in public and say you are from a religious order.
>>
>>135126740
I've definitely got redirected to gaia a couple times though, not recently of course, reddit took that position or so it seems.
>>
>>135126759
What exactly is obvious? Stop shitposting
>>
>>135126746
I'm not even him.Kill yourself.
>>
>>135126735
If I want to get redirected I just need to post some hard facts and good opinions.
>>135126740
Pathetic scum, why don't you go to reddit if you want your hugbox opinions to be upvoted? If you can bring any controverse opinion you're seriously worth shit to this board as your opinion was already said a million times.
>>
>>135124256
To be fair, /sci/ is a trash board full of trolls and memes, /mu/ are so far up their own arse that they are nuzzling their prostate for pleasure.
>>
>>135126808
Kill yourself. /sci/ is a million times better than /a/. The most populated boards are naturally shit but there are only uneducated NEET shitters on /a/ so that makes it even worse.
>>
>>135126848
>but there are only uneducated NEET shitters on /a/ so tha
>>>/v/
>>
>>135126848
/a/ has pics of cute anime girls though
>>
>>135126808
/sci/ is not THAT bad yet, I know the troll threads are almost up 24/7 but they don't get as many replies now. Of course the science aspect is not one of the highest quality.
>>
>>135126874
So does /sci/.
>>
File: 1380602142599.jpg (54KB, 358x335px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1380602142599.jpg
54KB, 358x335px
I'm 22 now, and I think there's more to life than browsing an imageboard, morning to night, saving pictures, and arguing with people I'll never meet or be friends with. So, to answer your question, yes, in my opinion, you can be too old for 4chan. It came to a point where I was constantly questioning the point of coming to 4chan anymore. The cons outweighed the pros by along shot. Bear in mind that these are MY personal experiences with 4chan and NOT yours.

Whenever I start reading a thread that I think looks mildly interesting, I stop to myself and think something along the lines of "What the fuck are you doing with your life? Will reading this thread change your life for the better? No. Will anybody give a shit about your crazy image and meme collection when you're dead and gone? No. You'll never meet any of these people, so what's the point? What do you get out of discussing things online with people you'll never meet? Absolutely nothing. Get life together".

If I'm reading a thread and I'm enjoying it, I'll get to a section of the thread that it dissolves into shitposting and two idiots constantly arguing. It seriously drains me mentally. This has made me drastically drop how much time I spend on 4chan. Sure, I still sit on the computer all day, but I'm a lot happier than I used to be because most of my time is spent looking up news for things I'm looking forward to, learning about things that will help me in life, and watching a lot more anime.

Whenever I'd come to /a/ I always had to motivate myself to watch anime (the reason I even came to 4chan in the first place). That in it self was ridiculous to me, but I never used to let it bother me. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way because I constantly see tons of people outside of /a/ complaining about how shit their lives are, and how much time 4chan takes up for them. Granted, I still come to 4chan every once and a while for an hour or two, but it's a lot less time than I used to come here for.
>>
>>135126874
/sci/ does too, from time to time.

Almost any board does, except the really slow ones.
>>
>>135126899
Nice blog
Subscribed :)
>>
>>135126899
Grow a fucking spine, fag. It never gets better. NOT EVEN IF YOU LEAVE THIS SITE.
>>
>>135126899
Stop blaming /a/ for you being a lazy fuck up.
>>
>>135126938
>It never gets better. NOT EVEN IF YOU LEAVE THIS SITE.
You keep telling yourself that because you're afraid of what happens if you do leave.
>>
>>135126938
That is wrong. If you leave 4chan permanently you have far more time to watch anime. Your life immediately improves tenfold.
>>
>>135126993
I already left circa 2009-2011, and it was fucking hell, this place is shit but it seems like my own.

>>135127011
If I ever leave this trashcan again I'll probably going to invest my time on my hobbies only.
>>
>>135125216
Concrete Revolutio, definitely.
>>
>>135126993
>You keep telling yourself that because you're afraid of what happens if you do leave.
He tells himself it'll be worse because he's afraid it'll be worse? Is this supposed to be surprising?
>>
>>135126899
You are literally projecting your own hatred of yourself and your laziness onto 4chan and blaming. Kill yourself
>>
Fucking anonymous posting devoids anyone from even the least amount of respectful posting. Nothing looks more childish on the internet than the result of two anons getting into some argument or disagreement.
>>
>>135126899
I get nothing practical out of anything I do in my free time, so I might as well spend it doing what I like the most instead of socializing or whatever I'm "supposed" to be doing when I'm not working.
>>
An objectively good opinion is an oxymoron, isn't it?
>>
>>135126993
>You keep telling yourself that because you're afraid of what happens if you do leave.
I've already left the site once for 2 years and nothing changed. Browsing and posting on 4chan is no different to a fucking hobby. Blaming it for you being a piece of shit is retarded and you are just trying to avoid admitting that the problem is yourself. You could be the most successful person in the world and still enjoy fucking browsing 4chan, only a deluded idiot thinks otherwise. Kill yourself
>>
>>135127120
No, patrician taste and plebian taste exist for real.
>>
To ask those questions is to know you have more pressing priorities.

When you bring those worries here, you are harming the refinement of other anons' lives. The moment you welcome outsiders is the moment you have forgotten what brought you here in the first place.

This place is meant as a reprieve.
>>
>>135126957
I never blamed /a/ in my post.

>>135127011
That's exactly what I said in my post.

>>135127050
>I already left circa 2009-2011, and it was fucking hell, this place is shit but it seems like my own.
Okay, that's your experience with 4chan, but you screaming about how IT NEVER GETS BETTER FOR ANYONE is pointless.

>>135127071
>He tells himself it'll be worse because he's afraid it'll be worse? Is this supposed to be surprising?
He keeps telling himself it'll be worse to justify why he'll never leave.

>>135127080
I'm projecting my hatred on shitposters on 4chan, but I'm not blaming it. I chose to browse the site, so it's my fault.

>>135127119
Maybe you need better hobbies?

>>135127124
>Blaming it for you being a piece of shit is retarded and you are just trying to avoid admitting that the problem is yourself.
I never said it's 4chan's fault. I said that shitposters mentally drained me and made it unfun.
>>
>>135127179
>Maybe you need better hobbies?
What I enjoy the most is the best hobby, you faggot.
>>
>>135127179
>Okay, that's your experience with 4chan, but you screaming about how IT NEVER GETS BETTER FOR ANYONE is pointless.
If you actually get invested in an imageboard as much as other guy and as I did, it will never get any better, you are already sick and there's no going back.
>>
>>135127213
Sucking dicks is not the best hobby.
>>
>>135127244
IT IS. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.
>>
File: 1448769859805.png (416KB, 720x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448769859805.png
416KB, 720x480px
>>135127179
>replying to every single post
>>
>>135127213
Okay, enjoy.

>>135127214
Here's a stupid analogy, but a drug addict can recover, you know?
>>
>>135127244
Clearly you've never tried it
>>
>>135127244
It is if they're feminine trap dicks.
>>
>>135122893
No.
No.
>>
>>135127282
>anime reaction pic
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1446224630895.webm (122KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446224630895.webm
122KB, 800x1000px
>>135127308
>>
>>135127332
>webm
Why?
>>
>>135127283
It's not that stupid for some one of your age, but come on. It's a fucking imageboard about japanese anime/manga. The only thing that's lower it's a furry fanfiction site, and I have already visited some boruu sites related to pokemon in the past, I'm way older than you, you probably still have a chance, but real life shouldn't be better either way, not for someone like you even at your early twenties and not the current one based on social networks solely. Shit times.
>>
>>135127303
There is literally no fun in sucking a small " feminene" cock.

I would rather suck a thick cock that is a good bit above average in length but not too long.
>>
File: 1427543228532.webm (51KB, 485x687px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427543228532.webm
51KB, 485x687px
>>135127354
>>
>>135126848
/sci/ is fucking terrible. As someone who actually does science for a living I cannot help but be astoundingly patronizing towards pop-science and the "fuck yeah science" high schooler/undergrad cheerleaders.

Pop sci is all good and fun but it yields no true understanding of how scientists actually conduct themselves and discuss things ... Not that it matters; the system/conduct of proper discussion cannot translate over to 4chan, or any lay public arena where you can't even see who might be reading, to begin with.
>>
>>135127407
>As someone who actually does science for a living
You don't.
>>
>>135125806
Have you ever considered suicide?
Have you considered streaming it so I can watch?
>>
>>135122893
No.
No. It's a place for discussions sometimes and looks more like a place for leisurely chit chat about anime. Those who can't do that IRL for various reasons will come. As long as anime is alive 4chan is alive.
>>
File: 1338299110902.png (219KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1338299110902.png
219KB, 500x500px
>>135122893
How to make /a/ great again:

1. IP ban literally every single IP on the entire internet.
2. If a person wants to post on /a/, he needs to e-mail 4chan to get his IP whitelisted. If you have dynamic IP you have to do it every single time you want to post.
3. A team of highly professional 4chan experts would look at the list of anime you've seen and how many seasonal anime you watch (absolute minimum should be 300 finished anime and 10 anime per season).
4. If you pass, you will be required to attend a Skype (or any reasonable VOIP alternative) call with the team of experts so they could interview you about the basics of /a/ board culture, to see if you fit in on this board.
5. You will be required to have a camera and show your face so the experts can see if you're male (no women or trannies allowed), white or Japanese (no brown people, black people, and especially no Koreans), and if you were born before the 90s started.

Those who fail to pass these basic requirements will only be allowed to discuss anime on /wsr/, where they belong.
>>
>>135127407
Nigger, if you're not on actual research your degree is worth absolute shit as is your opinion.
>>
>>135127433
I think we've all been saved at least once by the realization that that'd be cancerous blogposting.
>>
>>135127449
Kill yourself tripfag, 4chan isn't a secret club, if you want that go to a fucking private tracker or something, they do exist.
>>
>>135127449
>>>/trash/
>>
>>135127449
>no black people
Thad needs something to look forward to when he gets out, though.
>>
>>135127449
>you will be required to attend a Skype (or any reasonable VOIP alternative) call with the team of experts so they could interview you about the basics of /a/ board culture, to see if you fit in on this board
Identity restrictions are exactly what drove anons away from regular forums.
>>
>>135127449
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Fuck off you stupid tripnigger
>>
>>135127449
>If a person wants to post on /a/, he needs to e-mail 4chan to get his IP whitelisted. If you have dynamic IP you have to do it every single time you want to post.
didn't one of the smaller chans try this andit couldn't even prevent cp from being posted
>>
>>135127490
>>135127476
>>135127474
I know this is a shitty thread, but that's clearly a joke post, not bait.
>>
>>135127449
/a/ was never great so you can't make it great again.
>>
>>135127506
It's posted by a tripnigger, so no, it's not a joke
>>
>>135127361
The only things I'd browse when I'd come on the internet were 4chan, and some news sites for my interests (anime, movies, vidya).

I'm sick of internet communities, so I'm starting to leave them. The only internet community I browsed was 4chan, so after I cut that out, the stuff that actually makes me happy remains.
>>
File: 1421237911649.png (326KB, 580x580px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421237911649.png
326KB, 580x580px
>>135127449
Skype is a botnet.
>>
>>135127529
So is /a/.
>>
>>135127529
FUCK OFF /g/

FUCK OFF

EVERYTHING IS A BOTNET I ALREADY KNOW THAT

FUCK OFF AND DIE
>>
File: 1441887162086.png (307KB, 968x634px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441887162086.png
307KB, 968x634px
>>135127449
>how to go qualify for modern day entry level jobs
th-thanks boomers
>>
>>135127430
Oh yes, I fucking do. /sci/ is mostly for hobbyists.

There are a few grad students there but they'd be stupid as hell to divulge anything about their projects, just like I would be. Other things about the system, paper writing etc they either don't know yet or wouldn't in their right minds trust anon strangers on the internet over their advisors.

Actual researchers? The couple of times I've looked no one just discusses their projects openly, so if they're there they're just as mute as I am. I'd be skittish to even identify what model I use. Which makes absolute perfect sense. 4chan is perhaps an antithesis of a good environment to talk science. Anyone can see it. The lay stuff, especially what I see overlapping my field is just.. I don't know, like if /a/ only talked about Naruto dubs.

The outlook may be different for different fields than mine, and it seems mathematicians sometimes do some dabbling there, but otherwise no, it's shit to me.
>>
>>135127576
>they practically ruined my life
>and my fucking future even if they are dead already were I live

Thanks anime, I don't have to worry about these problems if I have you.
>>
>>135127574
Not everything, just everything you use.
>>
I'm 26 and feel like I'm older than most people on /a/.
>>
>>135127652
installgentoo is a botnet too, don't like /g/, you know it.
>>
>>135127656
Probably, yeah. I think the median's around 23 or so.
>>
>>135127656
It's the middle.
>>
>>135127656
You're only two years older than I am, don't get ahead of yourself.
>>
>>135127656
I'm older than you if that helps. /a/ is actually one of the older boards on 4chan. I think /k/ and /jp/ are older than us on average but we're far older than the other higher traffic boards.

Makes sense really as there isn't really a good substitute for /a/ while other boards seem to have higher turnover due to various other sites talking about the same shit to the same capacity. Other fast anime sites in English? Like what, MAL, ANN etc? Just pure trash.
>>
Anime, probably.

If by 4chan means /a/ then yea, I don't understand most of you peeps talk about. Here for the laugh.

>>135127656
27 here
>>
I don't think it's an age thing.
If you're interested in anime and/or manga enough to where browsing /a/ is common for you, then anime and/or manga is your hobby.
Your interest in it may wane, but it'll probably return with time, as if you're this deep, at this point your interest level is most probably sinusoidal in nature, varying between interest and disinterest, and with your level being periodic at worst and circular at best.
but that's just my opinion
>>
>>135126899

What's the point of meeting people?
>>
>>135122893
i have been here every day since 2005

no clue what i would do without 4chan
>>
You can be too old for it to be acceptable, that's when you pop out a kid and say you watch it with them
>>
>>135129155
Socializing.

This is the part where you call me a normie.
>>
>>135129262
Socializing is a horrible experience.
I can't stand talking to another person without alcohol.
>>
>>135129262

I do wish I had someone to watch anime with sometimes.
>>
I'm almost 30. Only thing I've noticed is that I've become too picky about shows I watch. Usually my mind just starts compare whatever I'm watching to anime I've already watched and I just realize that I rather watch them instead.
Sad thing really.
Wish 4chan was a thing in the early 2000 when I watched most of my anime.
>>
>>135123425
And you would you trust a person that masturbates to cartoons? I don't understand how your brain works.
>>
>>135129471
>the early 2000 when I watched most of my anime.
Newfaggers
And to think I'm younger than you yet was watching anime before way you
>>
>>135129824

Anime wasn't really popular in my country so apart from pokemon and stuff I had no chance to watch any. No friend had vhs of old anime or anything like that like in US until 2000 or so.
Didn't have internet either until 2005, had to get dvds or use LAN to get them from friends in school.
>>
>>135129824
If you are currently under 30 and were watching anime "way before" the early 2000s, you couldn't possibly have appreciated any of it.
>>
>>135122893
>Can you be too old for anime?
No, but you can be too intelligent for it. Or at least for most of it.
>>
>>135130425
>too intelligent for it
>too intelligent for entertainment

Out of all the fucking retarded things in this thread, this is probably the fucking most retarded
>>
someone delete this shit thread already
>>
I started watching anime and found /a/ when I was 25. 32 now. I don't think you can get too old for anime as long as you have the attitude of a sane adult. People in their late 20s-30s still acting like towards anime like they did when they were 14 is pretty bad.

I find myself watching less the longer I'm here. Most shows from the last couple years look like shit, but I can't tell if that's because I'm getting older or they really are shit.
>>
>>135130584
Hide it. 4chan gives you the option for a reason.
>>
>>135130659
it's existence bothers me
>>
>>135130480
Sorry to break your bubble, but most of current anime/LN/WN/VN market is aimed at HS drop-outs with disposable income.
>>
>>135130759
Sorry to burst your bubble, but enjoying that stuff has nothing to do with intelligence. To say it is, is pure arrogance as you probably think its 'beneath you'.
>>
>>135127529
Sena's boobs are not that small.
>>
>>135130332
Just because you were a drooling retard as a child doesn't mean everyone else was.
>>
>>135130671
Your existence bothers me.
>>
Wow only two posts in this thread mentioning relife.
>>
>>135130759
> anime/LN/WN/VN market
>no mention of manga
>manga accounts for more anime adaptations than LNs/WNs/VNs combined
Nice shitpost.
>>
>>135131195
Oh shut it. ReLife is the cheesiest teenage soap opera bullshit this side of Kimi ni Todoke. You should be ashamed that you want to talk about it to others.
>>
>>135131287
Kimi ni Todoke's good, fuck you. And I'm not him, nor have I read Re:Life.
>>
File: 1442786948486.jpg (63KB, 625x531px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442786948486.jpg
63KB, 625x531px
>>135131342
>Kimi ni Todoke's good
>>
>>135131444
Yes, it is.
>>
>>135123917
No, something inside you died and you can't enjoy joyful anymore. Sucks to be you. Why don't you hang out on some emo forum and whine
>>
>>135122893
the moment your old enough for 4chan anon
>>
File: 1448070114823.gif (2MB, 176x172px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448070114823.gif
2MB, 176x172px
>>135124295
>>
>>135123434
>payed

Usually I ignore shit like that over here, but I have recently seen it way too often to do it in this case:
It's PAID you fucking retard.
>>
>>135123595
How is the ass cheek only visible on the right side?
>>
>>135122893
No, never. I'll be here watching anime, talking about cute girls, complaining about faggots and fapping to lolis until the day I die.
>>
>>135132410
Because the left side never goes as high. Step up.
>>
>>135132410

lots of factors, insignificant they may be come into play. Key one being that the way her clothes are on. It's not like there's a level to indicate that both sides are covering equal skin
>>
>>135132410
What the other anons said, but also because you are blind. The left check actually does show up, but its minimal
>>
>>135125421
Or maybe they jerk off to it because they like its characters.
"Don't sexualize ____" fags please get the fuck out, I don't know how this whole thing started but it has no place on /a/.
>>
File: 1448352738704.jpg (28KB, 409x305px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448352738704.jpg
28KB, 409x305px
>>135132966
Shut your whore mouth
>>
>>135122893
I'm also 28 but I look 14, so I get away with liking naruto, pros and cons right?
>>
>>135133869
>liking naruto
Mods please.
>>
>>135133129
As sausage'd of a dickless faggot. Welcome to /a/, you're allowed to say how much you want to fuck 2D little girls in here.
>>
File: 1448161653222.jpg (291KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448161653222.jpg
291KB, 1280x720px
>>135133869
Bretty gud
>>
>>135131287
>cheesiest teenage soap opera
Keep your shit taste and wrong opinions to yourself.
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 42


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.