[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OPM threat level gap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: opmthreatlevels.jpg (244KB, 1853x1166px) Image search: [Google]
opmthreatlevels.jpg
244KB, 1853x1166px
>Jumps from the destruction of a bunch of Japanese towns to the destruction of all humankind

This is what Japan actually thinks.
>>
ONE probably half-assed those, it is originally a joke series after all.
>>
File: fo40177.jpg (415KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fo40177.jpg
415KB, 1280x720px
OPM is actually based on a supercontinent with large cities so "multiple towns" is a very large area.
>>
>>135117569
What
>>135117705
said.

"Towns" is rather misleading, given that a "town" (usually it's written out as 'Cities', never saw 'towns' before) is actually the name for a country/provine/state, and the continent this has taken place on thus far is a Pangaea-sized Supercontinent.

So it's more like "Threatens to destroy a small country" to "Threatens to destroy, say, Europe, or North America, or what have you".

Still a gap, but not as ridiculous as it sounds, going from 'destroy a huge chunk of civilization' to 'destroy humanity'.
>>
>>135117569
The threat levels are kind of silly in that A rankers can barely take on Tiger threats, if at all, and some of the S class can't even take on Demon level threats like the Deep Sea King.

Overall it's not too bad but I wish the A rank heroes weren't all scrubs.
>>
why wasn't boros god level if he could have destroyed earth? if his punch is strong enough to send saitama to the moon it's strong enough to break earth in pieces
>>
>>135117569
>japanese

refer to >>135117705
>>
>>135117984
>The threat levels are kind of silly in that A rankers can barely take on Tiger threats, if at all, and some of the S class can't even take on Demon level threats like the Deep Sea King.
>Overall it's not too bad but I wish the A rank heroes weren't all scrubs.
It's due to powercreep. Back when Saitama was in school, monster attacks of just Tiger or even Wolf threats was only a monthly thing. Things just got worse over time. A class heroes are only able to deal with Tiger threats easily, and they struggle to take on Demon threats who are suppose to be exceedingly rare. By the time the anime started Demon threats are now a regular occurrence and the HA couldn't keep up.
>>
>>135117984
Basically, being an S-class means you can solo Demons. That's the sole reason for the formation of the class and the promotion of virtually everyone in it.

Now, Pri-Pri-Prisoner is probably the weakest of the S-classes, and Deep Sea King was a very strong Demon, arguably potentially Dragon while he was well-hydrated.

DSK was strong enough that he stretched the boundry for what a Demon was like, which made things complicated with PPP, and Genos might well have beaten him if he hadn't sacrificed himself to protect the ganbatte girl.

A-Classes can generally solo Tigers, Stinger took out like 8 of them by himself, and in teams they can often take out Demons. Tiger has a wide variation in power level, of course, given that it can range from 'could kill 20 or 30 people before a whole swat team took it down' to 'could take out half a city before it finally got taken down by aerial bombardment'. Which is why it's the most common class of monster, by far, and there aren't really any sure bets on how C/B-classes will do against one, with a single B-class being able to take one Tiger out in a few seconds, and another Tiger needing ten or fifteen B and C-classes working together to take it out.

Basically, it's...gappy. And vague. Trying to squeeze a massive range of monsters and heroes into such a small range of threat and hero class rankings is going to turn out that way, no matter what.
>>
>>135117705
Oh.
I missed that detail.

>>135118023
I was tempted to write "Japanese/more-or-less-Japanese", but I thought that might be too much.

It's very clear that OPM uses Japanese culture as its base I was just poking fun at the idea of... I mean...
Um...
J-just forget it.
>>
File: face 1.png (57KB, 506x477px) Image search: [Google]
face 1.png
57KB, 506x477px
>>135117984
>Deep sea king

He's a special case of Demon, considered upper Demon actually. Since the bird crashed into King's house was Demon and ONE said pri-pri can take him.

Zombieman taken down the demon leveled vampire in garou arc

Geno is easily stronger than both so in theory all S rank can take on atleast average Demon levels.

Most A ranks can take Wolf and Tiger by themselves while B rank and below will need a group to take on Wolf and Tigers
>>
>>135118167
I think Japanese culture in general is mostly based around a few cities, as you can clearly see that there are what look like white people, asian people etc.
>>
>>135118219
>White people in anime
>Differnt types of asian people

Um...
>>
>>135118484
If they're on a supercontinent and each city is essentially a country, then it's not farfetched to think that a group of these "cities" may be more in line with one culture/have a certain type of human similar to Asians while another cluster has more white people or black people, etc.
>>
File: usagi-sailor-moon.jpg (337KB, 985x965px) Image search: [Google]
usagi-sailor-moon.jpg
337KB, 985x965px
>>135118219
You know blonde is a recessive gene that could only occurs if a person is not full-bred Asian right?

>>135118721
I think you missed the point. See above.
>>
>>135118850
*Japanese
I'm not an anthropologist I just know how Japanese are.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.