[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Clamps' body of work? Do you like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

What are your thoughts on Clamps' body of work? Do you like them? Dislike them? Do you have a favorite series, perhaps a favorite character? I can't really decide on a favorite series but I do like Tsubasa even thought it gets pretty plot twisty later on. I also like xxxHOLIC, Gate 7, X, Tokyo Babylon and some of their other stuff. I would have to say that one of their weaknesses is depicting battles but it does get the job done, but they often don't flow that well. One of their strengths is the great artwork, even though they have a background in shoujo which might sound off putting to some people.

And a little reminder, we still don't have an official ending to X aka X/1999. But I guess we got two endings in the form of the anime and the movie though. I’m guessing we might never see the intended ending for the manga. Speaking of X. Viz has released X in six 3-in-1 volumes which are now read right to left unlike the ones from the 90's, and I think it has a new translation.

Oh and CLAMP General I guess?
>>
File: Hana.(Gate.7).full.1823107.jpg (224KB, 964x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Hana.(Gate.7).full.1823107.jpg
224KB, 964x1024px
If I had to choose one of the Clamp manga that hasn't gotten an anime yet, I would probably go with an adaptation of GATE 7. But it might have to be an OVA to make it look god enough. Maybe let Production I.G or Madhouse take a stab at it.
>>
No takers?
>>
>>135101414
It's all fujoshit, anon.

I was going to say "It's all shit except Utena", but then I double-checked Utena and CLAMP didn't make it, so... everything CLAMP made is shit.
>>
>>135101547
I thought people at least liked Cardcaptor Sakura. Maybe I should have posted her as the picture in stead.
>>
>>135100354
I love Clamp.Even though I haven't kept up with their works foe the last year or two. X will never be finished.
>>
>>135101547
>...
You are shit, anon.
>>
File: 87762s.jpg (2MB, 1487x1875px) Image search: [Google]
87762s.jpg
2MB, 1487x1875px
Magic Knight Rayearth is their best manga and Cardcaptor Sakura is their best anime in my opinion. I always found it strange that they got the extremely rare occurrence of an anime that's better than its source material twice (CCS and Angelic Layer) yet all their other anime adaptations were generally awful.
>>135101547
Utena's manga was pretty bad anyway.
>>
>>135101853
The five Tsubasa OVAs were pretty great though.
>>
File: 241932s.jpg (2MB, 1600x2024px) Image search: [Google]
241932s.jpg
2MB, 1600x2024px
>>135102092
Were there five? I only remember the one with the vampires and the one in Japan. It's been too long. Still, pretty much anything is better than the total mess that was the tv anime.
>>
>>135102432
Well yeah, there were 5 episodes. 3 for Tokyo Revelations and 2 for Shunraiki.
>>
I only ever say down with Rayearth

I liked it a lot

Umi a best
>>
>>135101853
>Magic Knight Rayearth is their best manga and Cardcaptor Sakura is their best anime in my opinion.
My negro. Yes, CCS was a godly adaptation.
A shame for X/1999 being dropped like a sack of pus. Would be one of their greatest works if they finished and nailed the ending right. Still, we got a mediocre anime series out of it and a surprisingly good filme.
>>
Uh, I liked chobits. That's about it.
>>
>>135102884
That X movie is really great looking. Beautiful animation by Madhouse.
>>
>>135100354
The only thing I'm familiar with is CCS but I loved it so I'm probably going to read some of their other manga soon
>>
File: 2j.jpg (566KB, 957x1400px) Image search: [Google]
2j.jpg
566KB, 957x1400px
>>
File: tumblr_m5fsvyIber1qi4v1to1_1280.png (678KB, 504x752px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5fsvyIber1qi4v1to1_1280.png
678KB, 504x752px
>>
>>135101853
I liked the xxxholic anime. It was great visually.
>>
File: tumblr_lrans3jNt31qi4v1to1_500.png (374KB, 450x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrans3jNt31qi4v1to1_500.png
374KB, 450x700px
>>135107506
>>
>>135107549
It got a little too noodle-legged in certain shots.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.