[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And the award or biggest Mary Sue goes to.... Kirito Oh my god

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 22

File: UDbjQ.jpg (47KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
UDbjQ.jpg
47KB, 800x450px
And the award or biggest Mary Sue goes to....
Kirito

Oh my god this show is terrible. Why do people like it?
It can be the terribly developed characters
It cant be the terrible plot

inb4 "I like it takes place in a game"
No, its shit too.
>>
notto disu shitto again
>>
This board is nothing but a huge circlejerk and you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>135084524
You just hate it because it's popular. I can name a lot of anime that are way worse than SAO.
>>
>>135084524
>mary sue because he is good at video games

lol, hipsters
>>
>Why do people like it?
It's the Twilight of anime.
SnK is the Hunger Games.
>>
>>135084662
>Bland character thats good for no reason and every girl likes

Holy shit, youre right.
>>
>>135084524
>Mary Sue
>>
>>135084575
No it's shit, just because ypu can find a smellier shit doesn't change anything
>>
File: kirito.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kirito.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
Kirito is a cool guy and SAO is good.
>>
>>135084739
I mean, aside from his sister, he kind of did things that were heroic for them, which is more than you can say for Bella who is even described as looking kind of bland.
>>
>>135084524
>Mary Sue

I don't think you know what that means, and you know you don't know what that means, so what's the point of throwing around buzzwords like that?
>>
>>135085170
Why dont you tell me what it means then?
>>
>>135085170
A Mary Sue or, in case of a male, Gary Stu or Marty Stu is an idealized fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through extraordinary abilities. This character is recognized as an author insert and/or wish-fulfillment

Hes digital Jesus. Now fuck off.
>>
Rey from Star Wars is straight up mary sue bullshit
>>
>>135085323
>a young or low-rank person who saves the day through extraordinary abilities
You mean him playing video games in a world where numbers are all that matter? Pretty fucking extraordinary, doing tricks anyone else could do.

He's not special in any other way than circumstance.

>This character is recognized as an author insert and/or wish-fulfillment
And how do you intend to prove Kirito is somehow the author's self-insert? He's pretty much said he doesn't really like to put himself in the protagonist's shoes.

>digital Jesus
Cute.
>>
>>135084524
>And the award or biggest Mary Sue goes to....
>Kirito
That's not Tatsuya
>>
>>135084619
Dude, he is not playing street fighter, he is playing a mmorpg. It s retarded.
>>
>>135084524
/a/ loves him. Now fuck off.
>>
>>135085484
Cause its full of virgins who also wishes they had a harem

>>135085424
Only time he's beat is when the vreator straight up cheats. Suck a fat one
>>
>>135084524
He's not the biggest sue, but he's certainly the most boring of the popular sues.
>>
>>135085484
/a/ has shit taste.
>>
>>135084524
Dont make thread when you're in mobile retard
>>
File: freedom.jpg (62KB, 808x470px) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
62KB, 808x470px
sup
>>
>>135084575
You are saying two unrelated things there, friend.
Just because it's not the worst anime out there doesn't mean it's not shit.
>>
>>135085503
>Only time he's beat is when the vreator straight up cheats
The only time he wins against anyone who's not just fodder, is when he has help.

People like to bring up how he couldn't win against Heathcliff because he cheated in the first fight, but he didn't cheat in their second fight, and he was still beating Kirito around, and would have won if Asuna didn't interfere.

He couldn't win against Death Gun without Sinon there to support him, and when he went to fight Shinkawa in the real world, he pretty much got knocked out in one punch, and probably would have died if Shino didn't save him.

Then there's the whole 4th arc of SAO, where he has a ton of near-death encounters that he only survives because of Eugeo, and can't win a single fight on his own, and ultimately loses a couple.

The "he never loses" argument, only works if you exclude the times he does almost lose, and only wins because he's fighting two+ on one in most of his fights.
>>
Congratulations OP. you managed to trigger and baited the retarded autists in this board because of your stupidity.

saged and reported.

now on to shitposting
>>
>>135085484
That is a lie, it is easily one of the most hated shows on /a/.
>>
>>135085947
>but he didn't cheat in their second fight, and he was still beating Kirito around, and would have won if Asuna didn't interfere.

Hey, Hey faggot. Remind me again how he won?

OH YEAH!, he became digital for no fucking reason and kill the Heathcliff.

Also nice nitpicking faggot.
>>
File: forfuckssake.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
forfuckssake.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
>>135084557
>>
File: 1409065885541.jpg (91KB, 618x542px) Image search: [Google]
1409065885541.jpg
91KB, 618x542px
>>
>>135086080
>he became digital
Silly as that scene was, and how poorly portrayed it was in the anime, the LN pretty much describes Kirito stabbing Heathcliff before his avatar actually "shattered".
It's not like mutually cutting down an enemy is new or anything.
>>
>>135086235

>/a/ suddenly likes kirito
>why
>we want to fuck him
>>
>ctrl-f glop
>0 results
>>
>>135086394
>>135086235
well, he does make a better cute trap than an RPG protag.
>>
Why do people die if their avatar gets killed here? Seems like a shitty system to me. How does this game have any players?
>>
>>135086680

Did you even watch ep1?
>>
>>135086729
Nope not yet. So many people say its shit that I avoided it.
>>
File: 1419606972943.jpg (124KB, 510x450px) Image search: [Google]
1419606972943.jpg
124KB, 510x450px
>>135086394
what about his harem?
>>
>>135084662
damn, underrated post.
>>
File: displeasuredsnail.jpg (91KB, 909x788px) Image search: [Google]
displeasuredsnail.jpg
91KB, 909x788px
Lmao, people on this board are actually defending this shit stained anime.
>>
>>135084524
Being a Mary Sue would have been fine though if it weren't for the fact that every single fucking character in the show with any power gives him even more advantages for no good reason. If he got through it all and won on the basis of just being better than the rest then that's fine, but he's literally being given every fucking advantage and then we are expected to think he won because of his own merits.
>>
File: 1343949726588.jpg (163KB, 1200x790px) Image search: [Google]
1343949726588.jpg
163KB, 1200x790px
>>135086680
>>
>>135087242
We all know you're gay Tougou, get out of the shitposting thread
>>
>>135087382
Can frodos survive microwaves? They are magic arent they?
>>
>>135084662
>the Twilight of anime
That's Vampire Knight

SAO is Twilight for males
>>
All those people defending SAO. You got to be kidding
>>
File: 1450538090055.jpg (68KB, 420x347px) Image search: [Google]
1450538090055.jpg
68KB, 420x347px
>>135084524
>It's useless ff you remove the wire because the helmet still has a battery in it.
Then why won't you fucking wait for the battery to run out?

SAOfags can you help me out in this?
>>
>>135088037
Literally nobody in sao is smart enough to let the battery die. Something using that much power and making a world stream with that much detail into your head has got to eat power in mass quantities.
>>
>>135088037
Darwin awards anon.
>>
File: 1441733353988.jpg (382KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441733353988.jpg
382KB, 1280x720px
>>135086093
Which subgroup did all these memesubs for Code Geass?

Commie?
>>
>>135084524
>the award or biggest Mary Sue goes to....
>mary sue
>Kirito

Clearly you haven't watched seed (+ destiny) and mahouka
>>
>>135088533
>Commie?
Are you for real?
>>
>>135088533
Thay image always makes me angry. Fucking anime writer probably doesnt care about chess or the rules and figured some faggots would fill in reasons for him.

And they did!
>>
>>135088533
>TL note 4

Oh lawd
>>
Sooo, why was the outside world apathetic to 20,000 kidnapped people and didn't try everything to save them? Was that ever explained?
>>
>>135088620
Yep. Every human in that world is retarded.
>>
All those people defending SAO. You got to be kidding
>>
>>135088620
too busy playing mobage and using VR to fuck little anime girls
>>
Does anyone even defend this here?

Kinda pointless to make shit flinging threads about it everyday
>>
>>135085170
yeah no, he's the textbook definition of a mary sue
>>
>>135085170
Kirito is a huge mary sue.
>>
>>135088725
>>135088715
He's not even the strongest person in his party.
>>
>>135084524
The only thing more obnoxious than SAO fans are obnoxious SAO haters that can't help themselves pulling out the laundry list of complaints they'd like to voice about it

It's also clear that the butthurt about SAO is rooted in the perceived mistreatment of the story's framing device, as in "the MMORPG wasn't done right"
>>
File: 1305025684158.jpg (112KB, 776x600px) Image search: [Google]
1305025684158.jpg
112KB, 776x600px
>>135085323
>A Mary Sue or, in case of a male, Gary Stu or Marty Stu is an idealized fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through extraordinary abilities. This character is recognized as an author insert and/or wish-fulfillment

Wrong, though not completely. To understand what a Gary Stu/Mary Sue is, you have to go back to their roots in the world of fanfiction.

Back then, these characters would be introduced into well-established worlds such as those in literature or videogames. The easiest way of figuring out a given character was a GS was when, introduced into one of these worlds, would cause such worlds to warp around him just to give him the spotlight, breaking a set of official or unofficial rules from that world.

For example: it is more or less canon that a given set of characters in fighting games are the most powerful (think Ryu and M. Bison in Street Fighter). The GS, when introduced in these works as an original character created by the author of this fanfiction, would then defeat them in a fair fight. Sometimes, and most egregiously, without breaking a sweat.

This is just the easiest example I can give, where GS will break most noticeable rules such as power levels. However, the GS will generally go way beyond that. It is not just power levels, but the flow of the plot and even character interactions. A GS put into Lord of the Rings is likely to supplant an important role in the story (replacing Gandalf as the wise guy in the group, or becoming King of Gondor, or taking the ring from Frodo to take it to Mount Doom himself). He is also likely to cause abnormal behavioural changes among the characters (Arwen or Eowyn may fall in love with him, Aragorn may become jealous of him, etc...).

As you correctly pointed out, this is usually because the GS is an author self-insert. The story will be tailored to suit the character, when it should be viceversa.
>>
So is there a season 3 coming or what?
>>
>>135088853
>the MMORPG wasn't done right"
because it fucking wasn't.
there are no gary stus or chosen ones in an MMO because everyone who isn't will bitch about how unbalanced the game is and quit ( especially because if you have randomly overpowered players, you have to balance the game around that and now everyone who isn't overpowered is even more at a disadvantage). The game wouldn't have even survived the beta.
SAOs writer needs to learn how to into basic game design before writing a story about a game.
>>
A character can be self-insertbait without being a Mary Sue/Gary Stu.
>>
>>135084524
Two years worth of semen.
4 years spent in SAO.
This doesn't add up.
>>
File: asuna3.jpg (709KB, 1919x2736px) Image search: [Google]
asuna3.jpg
709KB, 1919x2736px
>tfw no gf like asuna

FUCK
>>
File: 1444130080345.jpg (138KB, 1272x714px) Image search: [Google]
1444130080345.jpg
138KB, 1272x714px
>>135088877
How does this apply outside of the world of fanfiction, though?

Well, as you said, the GS is an author self-insert, and the same indicators of Sueness can be found in original works just as much as in fanfiction as long as the GS is a stand-in for the author. Again: the rules of the world are warped to suit the GS, as opposed to the GS having to submit to a sensible set of rules and work through/around them.

Easy example: there are anime where it is established that only girls may use the macguffin the plot revolves around. Guess who the only exception is? Guess who is going to attend the girls-only academy where one learns how to handle the macguffin, even though he is male and, let´s think about this for a bit, acommodating him in the scheme is a pain in the ass, statistically irrelevant, and perhaps outright dangerous in several ways (not saying he is a rapist, but this event usually results or should result in some sort of political or social upheaval)?

The main sin commited by GS and the authors that create them is that the rules of the setting are broken to acommodate this special snowflake. This is done to make the character more interesting and special. This may be possible, but the cost of this is making the setting and the other characters less relevant. It is worth noting that most people who enjoy this sort of garbage don´t give a damn about the GS. It is the secondary characters they like the most, and many rage at these characters being robbed of the spotlight they deserve by not being as unbearably bland as the GS (note: if your self-insert is bland and uninteresting as fuck, what does that say about you? ).
>>
>>135089050
Damn you, didn't come here to feel bro
>>
Light novels are all about getting the reader to dream of being this ultimate being of badassness while still keeping them as a pure, modest, humble person among a world of horrible other males, thirsty females and cool powers.

Same reason why Americans love things like Taken and Die Hard. Japan hates people not them too, what's wrong with that?
>>
File: JOHOLIVER.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
JOHOLIVER.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>135085340
>not liking the new revamp feminist sjw pandering star wars movie
ITS 2015 PEOPLE
>>
>/a/ defending this show
err what did i miss?is this another elaborate inside joke that i didnt know about?
>>
>>135084524
I watched it recently and I kinda liked the beginning. First arc was okayish overall. I don't understand why gary stu's cannot be enjoyed, Mahouka is treated as "fun" memeshow but for some reason sao gets always the shit. I think it's just disappointment on how pretty neat first episodes turned into utter shit, and a counter reaction for the popularity it got. It's just pretty average when it comes to anime, if you're seriously treating sao as the worst anime ever you are just memeposting.
>>
Sheesh, where have all these SAO defenders come from lately?

That said, liking SAO shouldn't be a banable offense, but sorry SAO fans, I'd say the ratio of haters to fans on /a/ is something like 70/30.
>>
>>135089364
>Sheesh, where have all these SAO defenders come from lately?

From Mahouka since it ended and there will never be a season 2. That and they've suddenly increased because of the fucking games.
>>
>>135089364
Underage shouldn't be posting here.
>>
>>135089364
Or 7:3 you inbred monkey.
>>
>>135089364
>70/30
But that's not true. It's a smaller group.
>>
>>135088877
That still doesn't really change the fact mc is a gary stu.
>>
The fact that he doesn't fuck his cousin obviously means he sucks.
>>
>>135089485
A gary stu that most of the time is barely worth anything. Fuck you for making me play devil's advocate.
>>
>>135089485
>That still doesn't really change the fact mc is a gary stu.

Oh, I agree with you completely.

In fact, Kirito is by far the worst and most genuine Gary Stu I have ever come across. Then again, I don´t watch that much anime, so that should not be a surprise.

Just saying: Kirito is a Gary Stu, but Gary Stu does not mean what the guy I quoted think it does. It goes deeper than what he said, and points straight at what makes Gary Stus so fucking disgusting: any world they enter and any character they interact with... they ruin.

Gary Stus destroy settings and assassinate characters a thousand times more interesting than they are, just so the self-inserting author can stroke his ego.

When I come across a Gary Stu, I feel like one of those people that adopt children to get them away from their abusive parents. The children being the settings and secondary characters, and the abusive parents being the Gary Stu and the author.
>>
>>135089538
>barely worth anything
I don't really understand how you arrive in this conclusion. It's showcased trough the series mc solves every conflict and every conflict needs him to be solved. I don't know what you classify as "worth something" but it's clearly not a term compatible with reality.
>>
>>135089613
Then I fully agree with you, anon. I probably misinterpreted you as a defensing party.
>>
I'm still amazed some of you manage to feel so passionately (positive or negative) about Kirito.
>>
Why does /a/ hate Kirito so much?

He's not a whiny beta, he's strategic and smart, he only cries at genuinely upsetting moments, and he stays true to his girlfriend over all the other sluts that come his way.

He and Inaho from Aldnoah Zero are literally the MC's /a/ has been demanding for years now.
>>
>>135089684
You're on a board dedicated to chinese cartoons, this shouldn't come as a surprise, every board that's halfway alive will have easy buttons to press that will set them on fire.
>>
>>135085164
Like Tatsuya from Mahouka.
>>
>>135089684
Meh, he's kind of a scapegoat for how quickly the anime slid downhill after episode 2.
>>
>>135089746
because flawless characters are the worst
>>
File: 1435165609087.png (219KB, 451x378px) Image search: [Google]
1435165609087.png
219KB, 451x378px
is this the shitposting thread?
>>
>>135089746
Same reason why people hate Inaho.
>>
>>135089807
>Opinions you dislike must be shitposting
Shit anon
>>
>>135089746
>Why does /a/ hate Kirito so much?

>He's not a whiny beta, he's strategic and smart, he only cries at genuinely upsetting moments, and he stays true to his girlfriend over all the other sluts that come his way.

That is precisely the problem: he is too fucking perfect, and the world conspires to keep him that way. Take one of those characteristics you mentioned, make it negative, make it so the world reacts believably to that, and you´ll have a better character.

If Kirito was a whiny beta, but still showed he was capable and loyal, he would have friends trying to help him out when they realized there was something valuable under his beta facade.

If he was not smart... he would be like one of the many "bro" characters we already have, except in the position of MC, which might be interesting to explore.

If he cried way more than he does... he might be comparable to Kenshiro: a very sensitive character, though that would not stop him from being a hero (in fact, it may make him more of one).

If he cheated on his girlfriend, he would be a dipshit, and you could expect the world to see this and react appropriately, like with Makoto in School Days, which had a hilarious ending.

Any of these is more interesting than a fucking perfect asshole that cannot evolve or go anywhere as a character.
>>
>>135089746
>MC's /a/ has been demanding for years now.
>>
>>135089746
>>135089807
Hello reddit!
>>
>SAO IS SO SHIET I HATE THIS GARY STU ANIME AND YOU ARE A TASTELESS FAGOT FOR LIEKING IT HURR DURRR

a-am i fitting in yet?
>>
File: CT7YILUUwAAAW6h.jpg (616KB, 599x434px) Image search: [Google]
CT7YILUUwAAAW6h.jpg
616KB, 599x434px
We need more Tanakas.
>>
>>135084524
Better MC than Guts. Only cuck faggots believe otherwise
>>
>>135085117
Here is your repliy
>>
>>135087985
SAO is bad but this shit is growing tiresome.

Its not worth getting mad at. Its harmless mediocrity.
>>
>>135088934
>Implying Asian people know how to design games

Bushiroad and YGO have lived for too long. So have things like Korean MMOs
>>
>>135091757
>implying the west is any better
>>
>>135089620
Kirito needs his ass saved in every single major confrontation.

SAO: Asspulled by the power of love
ALO: Saved by SAO's creator
GGO: Saved by Sinon
Excalibur: Saved by Thor
Mother's Rosario: Not his arc

He's not a good character, but he isn't a stu for the reasons you think. The world bends backwards to make him look good, even when he doesn'tdeserve it.

>"Kirito, you can build a computer? That's so impressive!"
>>
>>135089613
>Not Tatsuya Shiba
>Or Akame
>Or Esdeath
>Or Erza Scarlet
>Or Itachi Uchiha
>Or Mayuri Kurotsuchi

5Ds Crow and post Dark Signers Yusei exist too. Kirito is too unimpressive.
>>
I enjoyed Lost Song because you can have a party without Kirito.
>>
>>135091829
Heresy
>>
>>135091821
I can forgive You Say because how wonderfully bullshit his last couple of games were, Masaki Endoh singing helps too.
>>
>>135091782
Yeah no one knows how to design games.

SAO is badly designed as a game world but plenty of shoddily designed Korean MMOs have lived for centuries. A bad MMO on Virtual Reality people hype because its the first of its kind will probably survive because fuck common sense.
>>
>>135084575
Not this shit again
>>
>>135084662
Fucking this
>>
>>135089050
I'd rather a Shino, or any other girl except Suzuha for that fact.
>>
>>135091883
Meh, proper game design and balance are unecessary as long as players have fun or any other reason to spend time on your game.
>>
>>135091887
People only care about SAO because normies suck its dick.

In terms of being bad SAO is more like Eragon than Twilight. As in dumb young Japanese guy gets lucky his retarded High School fanfiction got published. Just like Eragon. Twilight offends me more than plagiarism.
>>
>>135091804
That's totally bullshit and you know it. Your way of classifying major conflict is twisted, for example "power of love" never does anything to save him, in entire ggo Sinon's only saving role is to lay covering fire which is a really shitty excuse for major confrontation. I somewhat agree on alo though. Aside that, every "help" he has received has never been showcased as a weakness, but rather characters going "you are such a cool guy I'll do this for you". Only time it was explicitly showcased he required help was when asuna saved her while he was paralyzed. And even in the rosario he arrives to save the party at some point.

These are not only features that make him a shit character, but definitely a part of it and claiming otherwise is straightforwardly delusional.
>>
>>135088620
Obama drone strikes.
>>
File: Overlord_Main_Images.jpg (252KB, 900x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord_Main_Images.jpg
252KB, 900x1097px
SAO is pretty shit.
Pic related did concept better.
>>
File: hmm.gif (51KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.gif
51KB, 192x224px
>>135084662
spot on good anon.
>>
>>135089004
>implying his cousin didn't suck his dick while he was sleeping
>>
>>135089746
Because he's another brand of shitty character. Either a pathetic pansy where the cast carries him through a series of unfunny jokes, or a character who is perfect in anyway instead of trying to give that character any actual damn character.
>>
>>135085340
Nobody will deny she kind of was a Mary Sue. Unless we see more of her in the later movies that disprove this of course.
>>
Sword Art Online III when?
Will the movie have a lot of terrible Mary Sue shenanigans I can enjoy?
>>
>>135085457

But he was engineered. Kirito is just a normal human bean.
>>
>forgetting our lord savior and his dank theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oea9ifTiffk
>>
It's really amusing that SAO gets a lot of bashing but Somethingmonogatari watchamacallit series doesn't. Guess that's hipster power for you.
>>
>>135092717
HE'S NOT A MARY SUE IF I LIKE HIM DESS
>>
>>135092204
With an even bigger Mary Sue
>>
>>135087424
>tfw watched that whole series because I thought the main girl was cute
>>
>>135084524
Liz was best grill

>>135092717
I watch monogatari for the fanservice
>>
>>135092717
Because the series are nothing alike?
>>
>>135092717
I wouldn't call sao and monogatari comparable, and monogatari also has its fair share of bashing. Monogatari holds a stable quality (whether you consider series good or not) and has no filler to speak of. Even the setting and arguably overpowered mc is often played for laughs, clearly deviating from sao. Frankly I don't know what features of the series you'd even consider that comparable as they are totally different in plot, production and intention. Naturally sao gets more bashing as it has more details that are not well executed. The fact you don't know what to call monogatari raises a question whether you even watched both series before trying to create a comparison. I don't understand why you'd call series "hipster" as it seems majority of series fanbase is mal-crowd that thinks the series is "deep".
>>
>>135092717
They're both shit really. Though I've only had the misfortune to watch SAO so I don't want to waste my time to prove that other show is shit also.
>>
>>135092960
>I've never seen it and know nothing about it but let me tell you why it's shit
>>
>>135092204
Except Overlord isn't even an MMO story. It literally has more in common with D&D than it does any MMO.
>>
>>135092717
I never understood the praise Monogatari gets.
It has a nice story and interesting visuals, but its a lot of people's favorite anime and I don't understand why.
>>
>>135092984
Do I really have to wade my way through garbage when I've lurked enough to tell it is shit just like the Fate series.
>>
>>135089746
Perfect MCs with no flaws are boring. And Kirito is especially lame because of how moronic the universe has to become in order for him to remain the smartest, bestest person ever. With A/Z it was more like everyone just became stupid whenever Inaho or Slaine was around in order for them to look good. With Kirito it's like the entire universe he lives in is warped in order for him to look cool, no matter how absurd or idiotic the result is.
>>
>>135093032
I'd say you are required to actually watch the show you are criticizing to seem at least borderline believable, yes.
>>
>>135093027
It's pretty and "deep" enough
>>
>>135093032
You're nothing but a bandwagon hater, all your opinions are formed based on whatever is popular at the moment. So no. Your opinion isn't worth anything since you haven't watched the shows you criticize.
>>
>>135092717
If you actually watched the latter then you'd realize you're retarded for comparing the two.
>>
>>135093027
>Nice story and interesting visuals
It's really unbelievable some people actually like things like story and visuals. What a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>135093078
I don't know, hearing the author has a NTR fetish multiple times and some artsy harem that wants to appear deeper than it really is does sound a lot like shit if you ask me.
>>
File: SAOThread.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
SAOThread.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>135092717
Man, how to bait right here. Congrats anon, you got them hook line and sinker.

But I loved debating how shit of a show SAO is, problem is that it's just normie bait and the Nips have proven they have the worst of taste. It also helps that the author has clearly stated that what he writes is dictated by his editors.
>>
>>135093168
What? I like it too. But it isn't nearly the greatest of all time. Its good, but nothing special, yet its a lot of people's favorite anime. That's what I don't understand.
>>
>>135093027
For a lot of inexperienced viewers it is the first series they managed to sit through with that much dialogue in it. Combined with the really surreal imagery (especially in Bakemonogatari) they assume it's some kind of deep masterpiece of storytelling. In reality though, people like that would never have been able to get into it if it was actually a complicated and deep story.

Monogatari is popular because its conversations are captivating (partly due to the writing, partly due to the very talented seiyuu), it's girls are cute, and its visuals stylish. It's got mystery, humor, and of course fan service. Lots of different things to hook people. It's lots of things, but I would never call it deep. Almost everything in Monogatari is surface level and explicitly explained to through narration or dialogue.
>>
>>135084524
Swort Art ONline games are quite fun, but the last season fighting animatio was horseshit.
>>
>>135093229
It appeals to many because it's artistically different. And storywise it's probably the only fantasy anime I'm capable of watching as I don't prefer fantasy. It has many positive features, but naturally they are fully subjective. Sadly I feel most of the love outside /a/ is because there is a lot of dialogue that makes it seem complex.
>>
>>135092035
Normies hate this shit you faggot.
>>
>>135093247
Many people simply confuse clever wordplay for DEEP.
>>
>>135088877
>>135089085
As an wanto-to-be author, you, my dear anon, helped me a lot. Srly, i never heard about this "mary-sue" term, and now i'm full aware of its "dangerous" to the plot.

I would never guess that browsing a bait thread full of baited retards would end up on me learning things.

Also:
>note: if your self-insert is bland and uninteresting as fuck, what does that say about you?
GOLD
O
L
D
>>
>>135093636
>wanto-to-be author
>Never heard of mary sue
Anon, I have bad news for you
>>
Enough of how its crap. Is there any reason a person SHOULD watch it? Any good points?
>>
>>135092717
That's because Monogatari is a perfect circlejerk show for /a/
>>
File: img000002.jpg (948KB, 1688x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000002.jpg
948KB, 1688x1200px
>>135092204
Pic related actually does the entire concept better.
>>
>>135093768
Incest and tentacle rape
>>
>>135092717
is araragi a self insert & gary stu?
>>
>>135093371
Didn't SAO get hate because people dickrode it? Or the the second half of the series revealing its true colors?
>>
>>135093768
Hammy rapey villains and great animation.

That's it. Its at the very best mindless easily digested trash or at the worst everything wrong AgK villains and MC is everything wrong with Yusei and Crow squared.
>>
>>135093768
Animation and OST are pretty good.
Kirito's character is actually entertainingly bad. The show goes so out of its way to fellate Kirito that its hilarious.
Girls are cute too.
>>
>>135088684
I know I would. I'm just saying.
>>
>>135092013
Exactly, just look at Skyrim.
>>
File: rey star wars.jpg (24KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
rey star wars.jpg
24KB, 612x380px
>>135084524
Pssh, Kirito is lucky he never had to fight Rey.

Rey would go into the game, 1v1 him without any weapons, beat him up with her fists, then cuck him from Asuna, then solo Death Gun and Alicazation
>>
>>135094273
Too bad I can only remember 3 fights top with said animations in the first season.
>>
>>135084524
You clearly haven't read xianxia. The main characters in xianxia are the true Mary Sue. Kirito is an ant in their path. Every woman kneels to them, they become omnipotent beings, every one sucks their dicks. I mean I love every second of it, but you should expand your horizons before claiming anything.
>>
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT PEOPLE STILL REPLY TO THESE THREADS WITHOUT SAGING
>>
>>135094501
Erza Scarlet can do the same thing.

Kirito is just Crow. He warps plot not fights.
>>
>>135094784
Because its fun to shitpost about SAO.

Kirito is the ideal MC. Even Goku and Naruto became him.
>>
>>135088037
I have the odd feeling it'll give a jolt in some time. A disconnected internet gives some kinda grace period before shocks.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.