[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Characters go back in time and make drastic changes to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Yoshie Kurahashi.jpg (74KB, 399x413px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshie Kurahashi.jpg
74KB, 399x413px
>Characters go back in time and make drastic changes to the past
>When they return the world they knew now has completely different cultural and technological influences
>yet everyone they knew still exists but is just slightly different to match the changes in the timeline
>>
>time travel
>any degree of realism or logic
nope
>>
>accept time travel
>don't accept results
You got what you came for.
>>
>>135069078
You can travel forward in time though
>>
>>135069124
>>135069347

>googled "human freezer"
>google images has actual gore
>>
>>135068998
Convergence between attractor fields, anon.

It's like you don't even know how time travel works.
>>
>>135069078
This seems like a really weird thing to complain about on an anime board.
>>
File: derek-parfit[1].jpg (37KB, 399x395px) Image search: [Google]
derek-parfit[1].jpg
37KB, 399x395px
>>135068998
>yet everyone they knew still exists but is just slightly different to match the changes in the timeline
>Parfit's fw
>>
>>135069078
There are plenty of time travel stories where there's a closed time loop or multiple timelines and it makes complete sense, even if it isn't "realistic" it's certainly logical. What an odd thing to get pissy about.
>>
>>135068998
>>135069078
this. it would be hard to accurately show the intricacies of time travel on a show/movie. best would be "primer" yet that was treeibly hard to follow
>>
>>135068998

Time travel is really complicated. From the moment you go back to the past and change the timelines, you're pretty much erasing your existence, because when you go back to your time there should be another version of you living there. The most realistic scenario, for me, is the closed time loop, but even that is a stretch, since most of the time it requires too much coincidences to actually work and it can't be used on purpose for anything.
>>
>>135072685
I kinda like the one where only your memories go back. You remember the future you lived and can act on that but you can only go back not forward.
>>
>>135072857

Kinda like X-Men: Days of the Future Past? Yeah, it's the time travel with the less amount of trouble involved. Doesn't have to deal with duplicates or alternate timelines, and is the only form of time travel that I can think of that doesn't break the conservation of energy and matter.
>>
>>135073213
>and is the only form of time travel that I can think of that doesn't break the conservation of energy and matter.
It breaks the conservation of information, which is basically the same thing.
>>
>>135073290

Is there a law about conservation of information? I didn't know.

Still, in order to send memories to the past there has to be any kind of bullshit use of energy, but since it's intangible it's easier to believe and leads to less problems. You don't have to deal with paradoxes like the gold bars one.
>>
>>135073546
>Is there a law about conservation of information? I didn't know.
Black holes troubled scientists greatly because of this law for many years. Back then people thought black holes would just eat things up and leave nothing, which would basically destroy the information of that object, and that's against the rrrrrrules.
>>
>>135072685
>>135072857

I like when someone manages to make a working time loop. My favourite example was in Gargoyles, when the Archmage went back in time to save his past self and make him powerful enough to go back in time and save himself.

If you analyze it, it's still bullshit for a number of reasons, but still looks clever.
>>
>>135074437
Another good one is in legend of zelda a link to the past.

>goron wants food and is willing to trade his family heirloom urn for a rock steak.

>in the past his many times great grandfather has aome good rock steaks and wants something he can pass down to his children.

>you trade urn for steak.

Where did the urn come from?
>>
>>135074437
So who saved him first?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.