[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok guys, explain to me how does The World Over Heaven works,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

File: TWOH.png (181KB, 399x529px) Image search: [Google]
TWOH.png
181KB, 399x529px
Ok guys, explain to me how does The World Over Heaven works, what it can actually do, and why did it job to a higher-mid stand?
>>
It just works
>>
File: 1446521386580.gif (451KB, 392x410px) Image search: [Google]
1446521386580.gif
451KB, 392x410px
>>135045797
But how? FUCKING TELL ME!
>>
>>135044821
Because stands don't work like DBZ and a strong stand like star platinum can be beaten by shit like Surface if used correctly.
>>
>>135046218
That has nothing to do with what actually happened in Eyes of Heaven
>>
> final fight is exactly the same as the end of SC's, except Dio gets the upper hand a bit longer and Jotato wins thanks to Valentine
> Jotaro is so inspired is say the same fucking final line again

That was so fucking shit seriously.
>>
>>135046778
Not only that, but:

>Ambiguous "it was all just a dream" end

I really hope Araki had nothing to do with this crap.
>>
>>135046162
Even King Crimson is confused
>>
>>135046218
>rationalisation bullshit
Cunt he beat Tusk and GER. The story is the worst type of p3 fan wank. Star Platinum is a shit tier stand when compared against literally any of the real threat stands like GER, D4C, Tusk, some random fucking Rat and so on.
>>
>vidya shit
>canon
Topping on the kek
>>
>>135044821
>why did it job to a higher-mid stand?
Because this is Jojo.

>>135046778
>>135046840
Is the combat at least good?
>>
>>135044821
reality manipulation?

Then again how did you lose with such OP power?
>>
>>135047723
At the very least it blew out p5/GER faggs
>>
Reminder that Valentine is the real hero, and Jotaro would have been dead if it wasn't for him
>>
>>135044821
>why did it job to a higher-mid stand?
ONAJI TAIPU DA.
>>
>>135047773
What actually happened?
>>
>>135047723
destiny
>>
From what I gathered, the World Over Heaven is able to rewrite the 'reality' of anything it punches.
For example, Heaven DIO made the dead Kakyoin alive again by rewriting his 'reality' so that he is still alive. Heaven DIO also made most of the supporting cast evil by punching them and altering their 'reality' so that they serve only Heaven DIO. Interestingly, TWOH can also remove injuries completely by punching them, thus altering the 'reality' of the wounds and this gives a insta-heal to Heaven DIO. On another note, Heaven DIO managed to erase Valentine from existence by also altering his 'reality'. As you can see, an obvious weakness of Heaven DIO is that he can only use his reality rewrite if he can punch the object, so if both of his hands are somehow destroyed, he's a sitting duck.
>>
>>135048476
Why don't he punched the planet and make all Jojo evil?
>>
>>135048476
But how did he beat GER?
>>
>>135048699
I'm guessing it only affects the immediate thing on the recieving end of the punch. if it hits a table with a tablecloth on it, TWOH's power might only work on the tablecloth.
>>
>>135048709
It's fist was in direct contact with GER's. Heaven DIO used his power first, thus nullifying GER's power.
>>
>>135044821
>The World Over Heaven
What's this shit?
>>
wait how did valentine help jotaro
>>
best looking stand i've ever seen
>>
>>135048476
>dio apologist
You are most aptly named, namefag
>>
>>135048874
After the Joestar group's initial showdown with Heaven DIO, Valentine is introduced and gives everyone a practical explanation of D4C's power. Jotaro takes note of this. In the final showdown, Jotaro managed to turn the tables on Heaven DIO by intercepting one of his punches with a bangle from Original DIO, after his defeat. This does the menger sponge obliteration bullshit with Heaven DIO's arm bangles, taking out one of his arms. Jotaro then destroys his other arm, cutting off the use of TWOH. In a way, Valentine indirectly helped Jotaro.
>>
>>135048817
Nah that's bullshit. GER isn't time related. It's acausal. The second the confrontation started wherein DIO would attack Gio it should have been prepped and ready to fuck WOH up
>>
>>135049003
Now that you mention it, yeah. Wondering about that now.
>>
>>135048709
I guess TWOH's power simply overrules GER.
>>
>>135049000
How the fuck did WoH come about? Is it just some bs about alt worlds (which is non-canon as the manga shows stands are basically universal for the most part) or is it like he requiems or double dips like Gio or Kira respectively.

>>135049110
Nah it's just fan wank. Even Tusk who's power is to over rule other conditions got fucked. Tusk is the unstopable force to GER's immovable object yet WoH fucked them both. Despite this somehow D4C logic works even when it hits his fist like GER did and Jotaro who is bottom tier of Stand using Jojos wins the day,
Absolute part three wank.
>>
File: zbnwwi490kQ.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zbnwwi490kQ.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>135049184
>>
>>135049184
Apparently, Araki is the one who wrote the script. DIO warps reality and they all meet and shit happens.
>>
>>135049184
Heaven DIO most likely hailed from an alternate universe where DIO attains 'Heaven' earlier, in lieu of Pucci. Of course, his stand changed like Whitesnake did.
>>
>>135049318
Oh, duh. That's actually pretty cool then. Still fan wank with everything else but that idea is cool.

>>135049303
>Araki is the one who wrote the script
Please be lying. Are you sure he didn't just consult or maybe he was just being a hack because it's a game and he doesn't care about anything pre-part7 any more. That must be it.
>>
>>135049184
>it's just fan wank.
Most likely. But usually even fan wank has in-universe explanation.

The only thing I can think of right now is that
"unstoppable force" and "immovable object" are lesser powers to TWOH's rewriting reality.
Why D4C would still work should then be explained by the rule that "only one of each can exist in a given universe" is a rule applied to the nature of the universe itself and not of D4C.
Thus when Jotaro used Dio's rings it destroyed his arms because Dio didn't rewrite that rule.

This would fuck over how some of these stands work but it's all essentially fanon anyway so it really shouldn't matter and I'm just assuming bullshit because why not.
>>
>>135049431
>Please be lying.
The plot seems to make sense from what I've read and seen.It's related to DIO's book too.
>>
>>135049003
Araki doesn't give a damn.
>>
>>135049000
except there is a part in the fight where Dio directly punches Jotaro in the gut and expected him to be erased from existence or some shit, but that didn't happen and then Dio starts to say moon shit but clearly mentions Valentine

explain
>>
>>135049548
>because Dio didn't rewrite that rule.
But his powers activate with fist contact. To the extent that he can counter the acausal effects of GER in time. That doesn't quite cut it.

I guess saying WoH was the power to manipulate a dimension but not a multiverse would sort of justify a multiversal effect trumping it. Still Jotaro being the one to do it, complete cash in on p3 popularity and recency.

That's said it's a game. Who cares as long as it's a wild ride. It's not like it's canon (right?).
>>
>>135049671
Making sense isn't being good, sadly. Again there's only so much care and attention you can put into a spin-off franchise game I suppose.

>>135049755
Evidently. That said it's not like part 5 didn't have power redefinitions everywhere for the sake of creating more dramatic narratives.
>>
So Eyes of Heaven is Non Canon right?
>>
>>135049785
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjz5RKDB8Xg
Using this video as reference, starting from the 41:49 mark, Jotaro gets punched in the gut as you said, but Heaven DIO never mentions Valentine.
If you're asking how Jotaro survived being Kakyoin'd, because Star Platinum is the same type of stand as The World, Jotaro can also utilise TWOH's abilities by using the power of the Corpse Parts, the same way how heaven DIO used said power to enhance the abilities of his stand.
I know, its a real asspull. basically replicated the Part 3 ending.
>>
>>135047408
>GER
Worst stand of all time.
I despised the bullshit ending of part 3, but nothing will ever make me rage more than GER. It is so fucking cheap. Stands are much better when they have weaknesses, but can be 10/10 stands if used creatively, Crazy Diamond is probably my favourite stand because of this.

MiH was an ok stand, he shopuld have lost to Jolyne and co, but I can see why Araki moved over the universe after he wrapped up everything with Dio. He should ahve given him atleast one competent evil son though.

My point is, GER is a fucking piss poor stand. An enemy with KC's power had such potential, but it was wasted.
>>
>>135049791
>But his powers activate with fist contact. To the extent that he can counter the acausal effects of GER in time. That doesn't quite cut it.
One possible way that might work against GER is to have a stand with a "retroactive static nature", meaning that the "zero state" GER resets you to is the same as current state your stand has.
But that requires too much mathematical nonsense and would make shit too complicated, so most likely it just was "haha I'm stronger fuck you"

>Still Jotaro being the one to do it, complete cash in on p3 popularity and recency.
Yeah that's kinda cheap, then again Dio only had much interaction with Jotaro and Jonathan.
Both aren't really known for being the most interesting jojos.
>>
There is most likely an explanation to this. They shown DIO beating Tusk Act 4 and GER for a reason, knowing they are the most powerful Stands of the JoJo protags.
>>
>>135049910
In theory, anything can be canon, since you could just say it happened in another universe.
>>
>Jonathan wasn't the one who finished DIO with Sunlight Yellow Overdrive

0/10
>>
>>135050581
I don't like this too. It would have been much more symbolic for Jonathan to beat him but they preferred Jotaro. They could have at least let them fight together instead of Jolyne, who was pretty much irrelevant.
>>
>>135050030
>basically replicated the Part 3 ending.
it's much worse than that
>>
>>135050063
GER is absurdly overpowered, that's what I love about it.
>>
>>135050774
>instead of Jolyne, who was pretty much irrelevant.
Nah there's some pottery in that. Jolyne and more factually Jotaro were the ones that fucked up and let DIO's heaven, through Puci, succeed.
>>
>>135050063
It is but it's also mirrored by Tusk which is a good stand. Tusk has weaknesses unlike GER so it's automatically a lot more compelling but it's powers are just as absolute.
Honestly I'd have rather this game finally put to bed whether Tusk would override GER's defensive conditions. I honestly can't see why it wouldn't given it fucks multiversal laws which as we've seen even WoH can't.
>>
>implying EoH is canon
>>
>>135047723
Because Dio is an idiot who squanders every advantage he gets.

Better boxing training than Jonathan: Win for 10 seconds, then lose
Vampiric abilities: Win for 5 minutes, then he disembowels you with a statue even before he learns how to use the Ripple
Vampiric ability training: Win for a couple of episodes, then Jonathan beats him so bad that he had to cut his own head off to survive
Ambush on cruise ship with sting-beam eyes: Jonathan manages to sink the ship, trapping Dio down there for a century
Get a time stop Stand and Jonathan's body: Still manages to lose because Dio has the tactical acumen of a retarded gorilla
Find a way to rewrite reality: Entrusts the secret to a complete basket case who loses to a little boy. The resulting reality turns Dio from an overarching villain to an inconsequential thug in the new universe who dies not once, but twice in the same "Part"
>>
>>135050063
But versace was competent
>>
>>135044821
What's bullshit is that despite being a major player in the story, Valentine didn't think to do what Jotaro did in his fight against Heaven Dio.
>>
>>135047839
Valentine in his INFINITE American wisdom put on a demonstration for everyone of the effects that occur when two of the same object from parallel words meet. In that they are destroyed.

He then plays cat and mouse with DIO long enough for Jotaro to beat an alternate DIO and take his arm bangles. Going so far as to say his famous "My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are justice" when DIO tries to tempt him to his side before deciding to just kill him.

Jotaro then uses said arm bangles to totally fuck up Over Heaven DIO's arms which lets him kill Over Heaven DIO.
>>
>>135052256
>My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are justice
Fuck. I forgot just how great Funny can be
>>
>>135049755
Yeah. Araki will happily ignore story continuity if he decides it improves his narrative.
>>
>>135053458
>it improves his narrative
Which is a freedom he usually uses well. The games story sounds flimsy as shit and is obviously framed to cash in on p3 anime fame.

As with anything else in the franchise if it isn't in a part proper don't consider it important (or canon).
>>
>>135052256
>He then plays cat and mouse with DIO long enough for Jotaro to beat an alternate DIO and take his arm bangles. Going so far as to say his famous "My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are justice" when DIO tries to tempt him to his side before deciding to just kill him.

Valentine is an AMERICAN! The whole point of his country is that he'll never bow to a limey again.

Real talk, Valentine's a wonderful example of how such determination and purity of purpose can simultaneously make you great and an egotistical, treacherous jerk when you take them too far.

>>135052344
He's like the best major Jojo villain.

Most dignified death, that's for sure. Everyone else screamed like a maniac when they lost.

Also, he has the best theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQ_jPWoQg0
>>
>>135054234
>great and an egotistical, treacherous jerk when you take them too far.
Not really. The duality is merely a matter of perspective or even just simultaneous.
>>
>>135044821
>Play EoH
>Expect Jorge Joestar
>Get Stardust Crusaders Final Mix Plus
>>
I have to know, Who is the best JoJo?
>>
>>135054456
Josuke
>>
>>135054314
He lies to and betrays practically everyone he works with. Not necessarily because he's wicked, but because he doesn't trust anyone but himself (and himself and himself and himself and himself and himself and etc.) to own the Corpse Parts, lest they be used to destroy his country.

This arguably stems from him being the sole survivor of his unit before stumbling upon the corpse part that would give him D4C and an inexhaustible army of doppelgängers he could work with.

>>135054456
Joseph.
>>
>>135054456
Joseph
Josuke
Jonathan
>POWER GAP
Jolyne
Johnny
Jotaru
Giorno
>>
>>135054456
Young Joseph
Jolyne
Gappy
Jotaro
Jonathan
Giorno
Josuke
Old Joseph
>>
>>135055948
>Jotaro above Johnny
m8
>>
>>135056613
Read my post again
This time use eyes
>>
>>135056064
Oops forgot to add Johnny. He's just above Jotaro.
>>
>>135049303
>Apparently, Araki is the one who wrote the script
No he didn't. He's just listed as supervising which knowing him must have meant he just looked at it and said "Sure, do whatever you want."
>>
>>135056721
oh
>>
>>135048817
Wait

In part five GER negated Giorno being killed outside of time basically after it happened, as its first action when it was born, independent of the user.

Giorno was killed briefly and GER decided "Nope", and then it didn't happen, retroactively.
>>
>>135046218
I know im going to be called a bigot, but in the early dragon ball they COULD defeat an enemy even if they were stronger than them. And they could do it alone.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.