[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did subs stop including TL notes that everyone had to experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

When did subs stop including TL notes that everyone had to experience at least once to learn shit like this?

How do people who are just starting to watch anime now learn about these? Are there perhaps some people who will go their whole anime-watching lives without, say, getting the hint/innuendo when baths are mentioned when a girl/guy are sleeping under the same roof?
>>
Maybe they just like want to be clean
>>
>>134996432
But when did they decide the clean factor was worth omitting these explanations that, without knowing prior, would significantly affect understanding?
>>
>>134996694
fansub is rare nowadays, most people use CR rips you know
>>
>>134996265
>How do people who are just starting to watch anime now learn about these?
Google. As it should be.
>>
Because fansubbing is dead and won't be coming back
If you don't understand a kanji joke you're just supposed to shitpost about it on /v/ now
>>
>>134996265
That's pointless, you just google it. You don't need a fucking running glossary.

An acceptable translation note is when there is a proverb/saying/joke that doesn't translate at all.
>>
File: 1226513455282[1].jpg (134KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1226513455282[1].jpg
134KB, 1440x810px
>Needing TL notes
>Not learning after hearing it a billion times

More importantly, post some best girl
>>
File: ushio5.jpg (55KB, 621x341px) Image search: [Google]
ushio5.jpg
55KB, 621x341px
>>134996962
OK
>>
>>134996804
>>134996920
Like these guys said, just Google it.
>>
>>134996265
>getting the hint/innuendo when baths are mentioned when a girl/guy are sleeping under the same roof?

What do you mean?
>>
>>134996265
>When did subs stop including TL notes that everyone had to experience at least once to learn shit like this?

Somebody convinced them that completely murdering the meaning/joke/cat while translating is preferable to having TL-notes.
>>
>>134997489
check OP filename
>>
>>134998518
I can't, I can only see the start of it.
>>
File: tsundere2.jpg (124KB, 937x408px) Image search: [Google]
tsundere2.jpg
124KB, 937x408px
>>134996265
>tfw you remember days when you had to explain to people what a tsundere was
Such a simpler time.
>>
File: nene.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
nene.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>134996962
Nene is love.
>>
File: checkmate.jpg (213KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
213KB, 1280x720px
Thanks, Crunchyroll.
>>
>>134996694
It isn't the job of fan translators to explain cultural nuance to an audience who are too fucking lazy to take a proper interest in the material. They certainly don't litter the screen with notes with subtitles of Japanese cinema. Maybe you should ask yourself: why am I such a fucking pleb to assume it is fair to pander to an audience with no cultral insights into the content they are watching and at the same time assuming it is fair to expect them not to have to use their brains and look things up they don't understand?
Before the Internet, people had to actually learn about other cultures and languages that they wanted to understand better the creative output of. Why do you want to keep dumbing down people while giving them more and more stuff they have no real entitlement to?
>>
>>134996265
>How do people who are just starting to watch anime now learn about these?
Nobody is only just starting to watch anime. Anyone still watching it has been watching it for a long time.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.