[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VLC MPC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: vlcsnap-2015-12-18-16h39m55s425.png (820KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-18-16h39m55s425.png
820KB, 1280x720px
So I was bored and decided to check out VLC, couldn't help but notice how it gives more "vibrant" colors than MPC which makes everything more bland.

I always thought it was VLC the one that washed away colors but I guess I was wrong. I do prefer them more washed away in some occasions though but the rest looks better when they're vibrant.

For example in pic 1 I prefer VLC for miles but in the second I prefer MPC since those eyes look kinda weird.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/154865/
>>
>MPC vs VLC wars maymay

I stream all my anime you people are all literal autists that spend more time configuring your players than you do watching korean frog trading.
>>
>>134921319
Enjoy your literally worse than garbage quality
>>
File: Streaming in 2015.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Streaming in 2015.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
>>134922021
>COMPLETELY UNWATCHABLE

You have autism
>>
>>134922878
>being able to choose between streaming and obviously superior downloading
>choosing streaming
Why?
>>
>streaming
>downloading
>not just looking at screenshots people post and reading summaries
>>
>>134922878
Wow, that looks terrible.
>>
>>134922920
Because I'm not setting up an RSS feed just to watch some fucking cartoons.
>>
>>134923024
>you have to set up an RSS feed to download anime
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>134923060
>waiting for torrents to download

Yeah, I'll pass.
>>
>>134919505
I know what you're talking about. I prefer VLC's colors for live-action, but I stick to MPC for animation because it's more accurate.
>>
>>134923116
You can download while you're watching anime
>>
>>134923148
Or I can just stream which is still less effort
>>
>>134923174
>less effort
All you have to do to download anime is search for a torrent and download it. How is that more effort?
>>
>>134923060
>Biting the bait
I think you are
>>
>>134919505
There's no inherent difference in colors between VLC and MPC, it comes down to settings, graphics card drivers, etc. For MPC it depends what specific filters are in the output chain for decoding and presentation.

At one point in time VLC's default settings resulted in inaccurate colors for a large number of users. Properly configured there should be little to no difference in colors.

In terms of scaling quality and effectiveness of hardware acceleration a properly MPC chain or mpv will win over VLC every time. And yes, even 1080p on a 1080p monitor needs scaling because nearly every file has less chroma resolution.
>>
>>134923236
Because instead of doing that I can go to a website, check my bookmark, and then hit play. Get with the times ojisan we have html5 now.
>>
>>134923895
Instead of doing that I can open my file manager, select my anime and hit play. I don't even have to use a webbrowser and I can use a proper video player.
>>
>>134923024
That's nice, but if you don't care about your anime, you shouldn't be on /a/.
>>
>>134924530
>you need to have autism to be on /a/

I love lolis and incest as much as the rest of you fuck off
>>
>>134925031
Sounds right to me.
>>
>>134919505
>He bought into the VLC is bad maymay

VLC is the same shit as MPC, difference is that VLC needs a decent computer while MPC runs even on toasters, so if you have an old notebook MPC is the go to.

Of course there's things like madVR that put the edge for MPC but then you lose the toaster compatible advantage and it goes to consume more than VLC BUT the thing is, MadVR is a fucking meme.
Unless you watch anime glued to the screen(I for example watch it at like 5 meters away because I have a TV connected with HDMI to my computer) you won't notice the difference, you'll only if you do screenshot comparations like the ones you did because otherwise it's the fucking same.

VLC is also more user friendly which is why normies use it.

There might have been a point where VLC was shit, and I do remember the green screens but those days are fucking gone, we're in 2015 now.
The problem with /a/ is that people here live in a bubble and they get stuck in time, most anons think vlc is the same as it was 5 years ago.
>>
File: kekmax.jpg (45KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
kekmax.jpg
45KB, 596x628px
>>134926414
>year 2010+5.9
>using HDMI
>>
File: 1447359031992.jpg (70KB, 567x555px) Image search: [Google]
1447359031992.jpg
70KB, 567x555px
>>134925031
But that's right though.
>>
>>134926634
>HDMI is bad

Is this the new meme?
>>
>>134926710
We have Displayport, DVI, and HDMI 2.0. There is no excuse.
>>
>>134926978
>Displayport
Admittedly awesome
>DVI
Just HDMI without audio, with annoying screw connectors. No reason to use it unless you don't have enough HDMI cables or connectors.
>HDMI 2.0
Still called HDMI. No one said HDMI 1.4 unless they were talking about specific improvements they were using, and no one will say 2.0 either.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.