[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with all the Vampires being European? Mikaela Crowley

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

What's with all the Vampires being European?

Mikaela
Crowley Eusford
Chess Belle
Krul Tepes... etc

Do you reckon there's an underlying message on race and Japan?
>>
They have foreign names to make the viewers perceive them more exotic and different.
>>
>>134913133
Maybe it has something to do with the vampire myth originating in Europe.
>>
>>134913254
True, but why are they ALL European- not Japanese.

They all moved to Japan to fuck shit up
>>
>>134913360
Vampires are weeaboos and that's why the moved to Japan.
>>
Best vampire loli
>>
>>134913133
i dont know anon, why are all leprechauns irish?
>>
>>134913360
Mika's parents must have forgotten him in Japan during their family trip.
>>
>>134913133
A number of the names are just references to vampire shit or related myths. Aleister Crowley, Vlad Tepes, etc.
>>
>>134915763
>Aleister Crowley
he wasn't a vampire he was just some random cult leader.
>>
>>134915789
That's what I mean by related myths. The series has plenty of demon summoning and occult shit too.
>>
>>134913133
Crowley is the best character in the whole series. Has a small harem, powerful as fuck, and doesn't get all emotional over dumb shit like everyone else. Plus he got to put his lips and teeth on Shinoa.
>>
>>134913133
>What's with all the Vampires being European?
Japan had exactly ZERO local vampire myths.
Monogatari even brought attention to that, as Heart Under Blade was not recognised as a vampire by even the local monster hunter back in the old days. Because vampirisim was foreign.
>>
File: Owari no Seraph_24.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Owari no Seraph_24.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
>>134913133
I'm coming, Yuu-chan.
>>
>>134913360
Don-Dracula only wound up in Japan because some rich asshole bought his house and had it shipped there.
>>
>>134916241
I want to a Mika
>>
>>134913133
American Vampires usually die of diabetes.
>>
>>134915695
Mika's mother threw him out of a fucking speeding vehicle saying that it was "time to fly". He was four.
>>
>>134915789
>the bloody sacrifice, though more dangerous, is more efficacious; and for nearly all purposes human sacrifice is the best. The truly great Magician will be able to use his own blood, or possibly that of a disciple

-- Magick in Theory and Practice, Aleister Crowley, 1912
>>
>>134913360
Why do they all have Apaches and Ospreys?

Clearly they already took over Europe or America, and they came to Japan because that was where the Seraphocalypse was going down.
>>
>>134913360
So why are ALL youkai, yuki-onna, tanuki, tengu, invariably japanese? WHY??
>>
I hope we can have a comfy seraph thread tomorrow, I hope they're not dying out.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 617x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 617x800px
>>134918851
>tanuki
>>
>>134919215
That's cultural appropriation.
>>
>>134913360

For nationalistic propoganda purposes.

NIPPON STRONG! NIPPON DEFENDERS OF HUMANITY!
>>
It makes them sound exotic. To Japanese people real life European names are no different than random fantasy gibberish.
>>
>>134920249
Whereas if you translate Japanese names literally, it makes them sound like wood elves or hobbits.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.