[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on FMA:B? And what's your opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 059 - eOFBiDn.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
059 - eOFBiDn.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
What's your opinion on FMA:B? And what's your opinion on MAL scores?
Im asking this because srly , altough FMA:B is one of my favorite anime , MAL scores are a complete joke .Currently OPM is like their 10th best ranked anime , i still havent watched it but i assume OPM is the most overated anime of the year(or maybe ever). Another example would be Lain , a masterpiece but its score is the same as Bleach , fucking Bleach , it actually makes want to drink bleach and kill myself . I cant even imagine the day SnK s2 starts ...
>>
>>134870612
Here's your reply.
>>
>>134870671
What do you mean?
>>
>>134870612
>I cant even imagine the day SnK s2 starts
What are you implying?

Anyway, FMA:B is my favorite shonen series, but MAL scores aren't supposed to be taken seriously.
>>
Its a good show vastly overrated because its more western than most anime and has a likable male main character newfags can relate/self-insert into.
Same thing with Cowboy Bebop.

MAL scores are bogus and only shows popularity, not quality.
>>
File: polnareff ponders.jpg (181KB, 715x475px) Image search: [Google]
polnareff ponders.jpg
181KB, 715x475px
>>134873587

well what should define as quality then?
>>
FMA:B is a really good anime, not the GOAT like MAL and WatchMojo seem to think however. For all the criticism MAL gets, if you ignore the reviews its actually a good way to find a new show.

I'm curious for SnK S2 as I actually thought the first season was okay before Eren and Annie were titans. I stopped reading the Manga when it was revealed everyone was a titan and there was a new world order conspiracy shit so I'm curious if it'll still get praised.
>>
MAL scores are something to use as a guideline if you're unsure about the quality of a show. If it has under a 7 it's probably trash, otherwise it's probably safe to watch.
>>
FMA:B is my go-to recommendation when someone wants to get into anime. It's a solid show that hits all the basics like character development and plot, it's pretty relatable from a western perspective, it touches on a wide range of genres from horror to fantasy adventure to romance, and it's a gradual introduction to anime's weirdness.
>>
>>134873759
Well not MAL standards that's for sure.
>>
FMA:B is really good, one of the best entry level shows out there, and MAL scores are pointless. It's another of those systems where the average review score is above 7 and anything below it is either niche or trash. For the highest scores it's just a popularity contest to see which show can generate the most hype so that people review it before they can think about it.
>>
>>134873759
Quality's fluid to some extent, but it's distinct from liking a show.
For example, I liked watching Nisekoi. It's a shitty show where nothing happens and the plot goes nowhere.
The fact that I liked watching it does not mean it's a quality show, it means I have shit taste in anime.
>>
File: csrfkGk.jpg (7KB, 195x191px) Image search: [Google]
csrfkGk.jpg
7KB, 195x191px
>MAL top anime list
>Numbers 3 to 173 are all Gintama

I only use MAL to keep track of my own list and find some new anime to watch from time to time. Don't really care about the score unless it has lower than a 6, then there's probably something inherently wrong with it.
>>
>>134873759
I'd use TTGL as an example of a popular but not quality anime. Its popular because its entertaining and has likeable characters but some of the bullshit they pull in the show is so bad its almost a parody.
>>
File: Gundam 0079 Episode 31.png (381KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam 0079 Episode 31.png
381KB, 640x480px
>>134874560
If something has such a low score it's probably funny because it's so bad.
>>
>FULL METAL ALCHEMIST

10/10 you made me hear it.
>>
File: 1441723639456.gif (259KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1441723639456.gif
259KB, 500x354px
>Rebuilds rated higher than NGE
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.