[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they have to do this again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 12

File: Diebuster.png (2MB, 1672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Diebuster.png
2MB, 1672x936px
Why did they have to do this again?
>>
Because poorly-written symbolism.
>>
To defeat the Kaiju since Nono ran off.
>>
>>134852533
FUCK DIEBUSTER
>>
>>134852789
Couldn't they use some other planet? Instead of the most inhabited one?
>>
>>134853202
No, I guess?
I think it's because they wanted to prove that they could beat the kaijuu without Nono on their own terms or something, so they decided to sacrifice their planet for it, basically where >>134852776 comes in.
>>
>>134853202
Look, it was written so it was Earth. I don't even know why they couldn't use any other planet or whatever, but you can bet your ass the answer is because they couldn't because all the other planets were too far away. Also Earth is doubly easy because they can make all the thrusters on site
>>
>>134852533
>Why did they have to do this again?
If you didn't watch Gunbuster, you might not know that in the first war, Venus and Mars got destroyed.

This is why the largest solid planet they could use as a projectile, is Earth. everything else is either smaller or made of gas.
>>
>>134853305
>h. I don't even know why they couldn't use any other planet or whatever
Mars and Venus are gone. Watch Gunbuster.
>>
this was so badly written it hurts.
>>
File: 9fea84a437b674ea249bf3466bc589e6.jpg (180KB, 1030x662px) Image search: [Google]
9fea84a437b674ea249bf3466bc589e6.jpg
180KB, 1030x662px
I wanna fuck Nono. Whether she wants to or not.
>>
>>134853879
>>134853908
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I have seen Gunbuster, actually Diebuster before too but that was several years ago and I just plain forgot.
>>
>>134852878
Wouldn't that hurt?
>>
Diebuster > Gunbuster
>>
>>134854745
She's a big girl.
>>
>>134854840
for you
>>
>>134852533

Earth is fucked without the Moon and all the other planets are too large to turn into a bullet, so they went with using Earth anyway because Earth is fucked without the Moon.
>>
>>134854745
>Wouldn't that hurt?
Not really. But you would be basically the size of a sperm cell to her. So trying to physically fuck her is rather difficult when she can't feel it. You might as well try to fuck the Mariana Trench.
>>
>>134852533

In Gunbuster, they turned Jupiter into a bomb, and hauled it across the galaxy, so it's not much of a stretch.
>>
>>134853908
I have seen Gunbuster, i guess i just forgot that part. Did that happen prior to the series?
>>
>>134852533
Honestly seeing this again in the end credits and realizing what it was, was just as fantastic as the reveal of "Welcome Back" right before it. When you watch it for the first time in the context of them launching the earth at the space monster you don't even think to put 2 + 2 together.

I love how they thought of this, and is a contributing factor to why I feel Diebuster is a perfect example of a sequel.
>>
File: 1447828641177.gif (606KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
1447828641177.gif
606KB, 500x299px
>>134854925
>Earth is fucked without the Moon
In, like, a few million years.
>buy new car
>gets a scratch
>"FUCK IT! BLOW THE SHIT UP!"
>>
>>134855166
You talking about the ring? What specifically about it.
>>
>>134853908

Wasn't Mars in the first ep. of Diebuster though?
>>
>>134855516
That the ring at the end of Gunbuster is the same as what is in OP's image is all. I'm just impressed they thought of a way to incorporate it into the story and be real fucking subtle about it until the end.

It being a batshit insane idea is irrelevant to me seeing what they did 12,000 years ago.
>>
>>134853908
They smashed Jupiter-2's core into the thing at 12 km/s but failed so they needed a bigger planet at a faster speed. Problem was building the whole thing in time for when the space monster came back to attack. They seemed to have an accurate idea of how long it'd take to charge up and come back to attack.

Also the space monster's goal was to wipe out humanity. And after spending 10 thousand years trying to get out of a man-made black hole, maybe it made the fight personal.

All muh symbolism meta arguments aside they also needed to manufacture, test, and assemble all that shit. Earth was basically the rich homeworld planet so that's where they were capable of building it anyway. The next three big colony worlds seemed to be the Moon + Lunar Tokyo, Mars, and Jupiter so it's not like they had other places that could shit out a planet-sized superweapon in a couple of weeks. They had asteroid setups but clearly the human race didn't bother to mine most of them if the main asteroid belt still existed.

>>134853879
Mars wasn't lost, they're at Mars for the first goddamn episode.

>everything else is either smaller or made of gas.
Gas giants have solid cores that are still several Earths in size and mass.
They used Jupiter for Buster Machine #3. But also remember that it took them 10 years to build that shit.

They had 2 months. And given that they were only capable of manufacturing 90 total Buster Machines over 12,000 years even under impending threat of being annihilated by space monsters, it's not necessarily surprising that their fast superweapon production capabilities are restricted to Earth.

Three unspecified planets were lost in the Exelio implosion. Presumably Uranus and Neptune and maybe they were including Jupiter-2 (since they were never mentioned I don't think) going by this star chart. I'll post the model Casio used in episode 3 after this.

Saturn and Pluto were confirmed to exist in episode 4.

>>134854925
>Earth is fucked without the Moon
wut
>>
File: diebuster.space.map.2.jpg (122KB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
diebuster.space.map.2.jpg
122KB, 1916x1080px
>>134856352
Forgot to post the first chart.
>>
File: Nono_Diebuster_Form.jpg (23KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Nono_Diebuster_Form.jpg
23KB, 600x337px
Because we wouldn't have had
>DIE! BUST! AR!
>>
>>134856190
I'm not impressed at all, i mean i know it's the same ring, but it wasn't an unexplored plotline. The end of Gunbuster, i see the ring and think it's some kind space port. Point is, it's a symbol of change. For a series including Giant robots, I don't need to ask questions like why the fuck is there a giant ring around the earth, for what purpose (Thinking about it, a giant ring would have difficulty falling to the earth wouldn't it).

Point is, they didn't need to flesh out the fucking earth ring. Now that i'm thinking about, the fact the ring was only developed 10-15 years before Noriko returns detracts from it's original purpose.

As you can guess i'm one of those people who fucking hate Diebuster

>>134856352
Well the earth would be fucked down the track because it would throw off earth's gravity and we'd get further from or closer to the sun
>>
File: diebuster.space.map.1.jpg (146KB, 1916x1696px) Image search: [Google]
diebuster.space.map.1.jpg
146KB, 1916x1696px
So here's Casio's model of the solar system.

Green and blue planet is obviously Earth. The tinier red planet is closer to the sun so that's probably Venus or Mercury but why not have both? Maybe one of them was the lost planets. The cone is Jupiter, Saturn in the bottom right, and either Uranus or Neptune on the bottom left (I think Neptune? Where's Uranus then).
>>
File: Would you like to know more.jpg (33KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Would you like to know more.jpg
33KB, 600x400px
>>134856352
>>Earth is fucked without the Moon
A lot of the stuff we take for granted on Earth is thanks to our very large(relatively) moon.
The tides of course, are caused by the moon's gravity.
The Earth rotates as slowly as it does because the gravitational forces between it and the moon drags on it, allowing enough time for proper and not too extreme heating and cooling during the day/night cycle. This was crucial to the development of life on Earth.
Its gravity also stabilizes our orbit; if not for the moon the Earth would wobble far more eccentrically than it does and wouldn't allow for regular seasons since there wouldn't be a consistent hemisphere facing the sun at regular intervals around the year.
Hell, we wouldn't even have seasons because the tilt in our axis was caused by the impact of a Mars-sized object in the early days of the planet, tearing off a big chunk that would eventually coalesce into the moon.
If you would like to know more, there are plenty of papers and essays to find with a quick Google search.
>>
File: diebuster.space.map.3.jpg (79KB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
diebuster.space.map.3.jpg
79KB, 1916x1080px
Note that one of the outermost rings was Diebuster's orbit. No idea what the fuck the G is.
>>
>>134852533
They thought the Earth was overrated tbh
>>
File: diebuster.space.map.4.jpg (136KB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
diebuster.space.map.4.jpg
136KB, 1916x1080px
Okay so apparently I never noticed the symbols for the planets in all the times I've watched Diebuster.

Thus, all of the planets we know and love still exist in Diebuster.

Top-left shows the Sun and Venus (it's on the second ring, not the first).
Then there's Mercury.
Then what I'm guessing is Earth's symbol?
Then there's Mars.
Then 4 rings after a big gap, so the 4 outer planets + asteroid belt.
Only two rings unaccounted for.

I guess Gunbuster's three lost planets are the made-up ones.

>>134856977
>A lot of the stuff we take for granted on Earth is thanks to our very large(relatively) moon.
>The tides of course, are caused by the moon's gravity.
I know that, I figured that'd fall under "The survivors can deal with it" instead of "Earth's fucked."

>The Earth rotates as slowly as it does because the gravitational forces between it and the moon drags on it, allowing enough time for proper and not too extreme heating and cooling during the day/night cycle. This was crucial to the development of life on Earth.
>Its gravity also stabilizes our orbit; if not for the moon the Earth would wobble far more eccentrically than it does and wouldn't allow for regular seasons since there wouldn't be a consistent hemisphere facing the sun at regular intervals around the year.

The Exelio implosion apparently fucked the Earth's axis a bit so clearly the 2000 AD humans were capable of living with it while devoting everything to the Black Hole Bomb. 12,000 AD can deal with it.

>Hell, we wouldn't even have seasons because the tilt in our axis was caused by the impact of a Mars-sized object in the early days of the planet, tearing off a big chunk that would eventually coalesce into the moon.
>If you would like to know more, there are plenty of papers and essays to find with a quick Google search.
Pretty sure there are many, many Moon-formation theories and the scientific community didn't pick out one over the yet.
>>
File: rip.three.planets.jpg (81KB, 1432x1076px) Image search: [Google]
rip.three.planets.jpg
81KB, 1432x1076px
So I guess back to the original question, they used Earth because they felt that it was the only one they could effectively weaponise in two months instead of the other, existing planets.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.