[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

How about a thread for the BEST version of OPM? The faggotry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 594
Thread images: 81

File: garou.jpg (293KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
garou.jpg
293KB, 1200x849px
How about a thread for the BEST version of OPM? The faggotry from the anime-only viewers is too overwhelming.
>>
File: 03.png (903KB, 860x1236px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
03.png
903KB, 860x1236px
>>134166735
Sure.

I suppose the 1st panel from this page implies that other cities are being simultaneously attacked while all this business with Elder Centipede is going on. Perhaps other members of the Hero Association's executives are being attacked too?
>>
>>134166887
Silly anon, that's the second best version.
>>
Do people really think ONE's version is better than Murata's? I mean nothing against the guy, he managed to accomplish a lot with his fairly poor drawing skills, but I can't see much of what Murata did to it as being anything but a straight up improvement.
>>
>>134167038
It's better because it has the Garou arc, and the Garou arc is easily the best arc in the series.

Once Murata adapts it fully, no doubt it'll be the definitive version
>>
ITT: hey hey you guys we're all mangafags here, we prefer ONE's art really guys come on
>>
>>134167081
Well yeah, ONE is "better" because it has more content I suppose. That is true.
>>
>>134167038
Yes because the source material not an adaptation of it.
>>
>>134166735
>the BEST version of OPM?

Yeah, I love the QUALITY version of OPM as well.
>>
Another canonity debate and which medium is better my psp games are better than your nes games. smell like dbfags to me. ignore the threads
>>
File: img000010 (1).jpg (86KB, 600x849px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000010 (1).jpg
86KB, 600x849px
>>134167038
Yeah, some ONEfags are really that deluded, which makes them much worse than /v/ anime only newfags. Ironic, isn't it?
>>
>>134167038
It's the atmosphere it creates. The whole story is conveyed more impactfully with the shitty drawings. Like Deus Ex or System Shock, the story is so good the graphics become at worst irrelevant, at best it takes away focus from the graphics so you feel compelled to read the story more carefully.
>>
>>134167402
Bullshit.
>>
>>134167038
People enjoy being hipster trash, nothing new.
>>
>>134166937
>shitting on OPM adaptation when it's L I T E R A L L Y saving anime
>being a hipster about reading the webcomic
>is using one of the first strips that shows up on Google when you search "one punch man webcomic" instead of something actually notable from the series
>>
>>134167570
>implying that page isn't something actually notable from the series
>>
File: 004.jpg (135KB, 600x848px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
004.jpg
135KB, 600x848px
>>134167570
That scene's notable.

But if you insist, anon.
>>
>>134167402
>The whole story is conveyed more impactfully with the shitty drawings
Funny that you say that.
>By utilizing my original design, it added even more to the "gap" that I was drawing. I was trying to make Genos and Sonic look a lot cooler than Saitama to add a gap between them, but Mr. Murata's meticulous drawings multiplies this gap. For example, in volume 3, there's a scene where Sonic is blowing up the city with his shurikens, and Saitama goes behind him and knocks him out. The face Saitama makes has such a blank look that makes you doubt that it was actually Mr. Murata that drew it (lol).
>I get mesmerized every time I see Mr. Murata's manuscript. The villain designs are just fabulous. When the Sea King changes form, you get that feeling of despair that no one can win against him just from the artwork. When the invader's huge spaceship came down, I thought it had as much of an inpact as a finale (lol). Every time there's a time where it seems like there's no chance, there's an even bigger impact from Saitama's fighting action, so I can't complain about anything. It's like watching a movie.
So, uh. You know what? I don't dislike people who like ONE's original webcomic better. I do, however, look down on people with your opinion who says the webcomic is better because the art is "shitty". Guys like you personify the mindless, shitty taste of /a/.
>>
File: 1447433108011.jpg (81KB, 600x848px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447433108011.jpg
81KB, 600x848px
>>134167570
>mfw namefags complains about whatever
>>
>>134167301
I meant my psp games is more canon than your nes games.
>>
>>134167038
I read it because it's further along than the Murata version. That and Murata's version is going into filler content (even though I hear ONE's behind it), and we're getting farther and farther from the Monster Association fights, which are the best part of the series.
>>
>>134167038
Until Murata catches up, ONE's version will be better.

Contrary to popular belief, People read this for the story, characters, and comedy, not Murata's art.
>>
>>134166735
ONE's version is always the main version Murata's and the anime feel like an addendum to me
>>
>>134167402
kill yourself hipster trash
>>
>>134167643
Even ONE knows that murata's version is better
>>
>>134167821
>plebs read it for the story, characters, and comedy

Fixed for you.

I read it for the story, characters, comedy, AND art faggot.
>>
>>134169366
>reduce something to nothing in order to mock it
>XDD
>newfags

Here's a reply
>>
Whenever somebody praises OPM I imagine your stereotypical fat nerd watching each episode while drooling with anticipation of one punch. And when that happens, the nerd starts giggling happily, and flailing his arms around, pretending to punch things.
>>
>>134166735
Why not just enjoy all 3 versions?
>>
>>134167038
They're both great, but for different reasons. ONE's is great because its artwork captures the mood of the series really well, and despite its low quality does a really great job of conveying everything it sets out to convey. Additionally, Murata's has some legitimately cool artwork done in it, and it's not a terrible thing to see Saitama get serious every now and again.

Bottom line, for me, is that I like both.
>>
>>134166735
>the BEST version of OPM
This is a level beyond hipsterdom.
>>
>>134169477
yes
but stay away from the all threads and online discussions
its cancer all of it
including this thread
>>
File: 014.jpg (136KB, 600x848px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
014.jpg
136KB, 600x848px
>>134167038
>poor drawing skills
He's better than you make him out to be.
>>
>>134169770
Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>>134166735
>The BEST version
So the Murata manga?
I mean ONE agrees, how much of a hipster do you even have to be to tell the author he's wrong by lying about the art quality of the original?
>>
>>134167643
Yeah, these people have managed to delude themselves that the art's shiftiness is intentional. It's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>134169878
>about the art quality

Who is talking about art quality?
>>
>>134169770
No he's not.
>>
File: webcomic and redraw.png (752KB, 1231x849px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
webcomic and redraw.png
752KB, 1231x849px
>>134169770
Stop using this kind of examples. The drawings themselves of the webcomics are pretty poor until the MA where it gets better for some parts. For what murata adapted so far, there is nothing that makes the webcomic even a bit more interesting, the remake is a straight huge improvement.
>>
>>134169937
The Murata manga also has a lot of extra material written directly by one that improves it a lot. Case in point pic related.
>>
>>134170023
And it's not only that, ONE himself agreed that the Manga expresses his story better because he can't create the effects murata can with his own lacking art.
>>
>>134170023
the webcomic feels less generic and ONE's art creates a much better atmosphere
>>
>>134167570
>shitting on OPM adaptation when it's L I T E R A L L Y saving anime

I'm sorry but how the hell is a satire comedy saving anime?
>>
Where can I read the manga?
Nyaa and AniBytes don't have the scanlations, Batoto doesn't have them either, and I'd really rather not resort to MangaFox if possible.
>>
File: remake and redraw4.jpg (564KB, 1667x849px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
remake and redraw4.jpg
564KB, 1667x849px
>>134170085
Yup. If anything, saying the poor art "makes it better" is straight insulting toward ONE who has been improving and trying to focus a lot more on the art since the MA with pages like
>>134169770
>>134167640
>>
>>134170149
Kissmanga
>>
File: 1374183729560.jpg (20KB, 412x371px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1374183729560.jpg
20KB, 412x371px
>>134170023
>This is what newfags actually believe.
>>
ONE is like Licenseless rider. He knows his skills are subpar, but he's still a splendid comic artist nonetheless.
>>
Sweet mask has seen the beauty of overwhelming power, how the fuck is Saitama not S rank yet?
>>
>>134170235
Sweetmask doesn't put people in S class
All he can do is say nuh-uh if the association wants to put people there.
>>
>>134170178
Guess I've no choice.
Fucking Viz hurry the fuck up.
>>
>>134170235
He's probably asshurt, but it's also not like he decides promotions by himself, he is simply an advisor.
>>
>>134167038
Yes. I happen to be fond of ONE's art.
>>
File: mimg012.jpg (700KB, 1804x851px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mimg012.jpg
700KB, 1804x851px
>>134170124
> the webcomic feels less generic and ONE's art creates a much better atmosphere

I love this meme.
>>
>>134170272
>>134170284
There are multiple S ranks who will atest to his strength. Multiple S ranks who saw him defeat Garou. How is he not S rank yet?
>>
/a/ will never cease to be contrarian faggots
>>
>>134170420
Because S-ranks are shit at writing reports, Saitama included. Bang for example, respects Saitama's wishes and doesn't go out of his way to draw attention to him, same goes for Genos. If both of them had pressed the issue Saitama would have been S-Class ages ago, but they chose not to. Same goes for King.

Basically, Saitama is in no hurry and no one else cares to pull him up.
>>
>>134170420
Yeah, the whole explaination for how S rank works falls apart when Saitama isn't S rank after the Garou arc.
>>
>>134170124
Fucking lol.
>>
>>134170528
What about the multiple S class that saw him beat Garou? He rose to A class post Garou so there is no way the Hero Association didn't know about his involvement in the fight.
>>
>>134170411

>that change

I wonder what changes will Murata do with Garou
>>
>>134167081
>and the Garou arc is easily the best arc in the series.
So it's not really worth it to keep reading after that arc? I still can't decide.
>>
>>134170605
There's nothing else TO read after that arc.
>>
>>134170584
The same applies. Zombieman also respects his wishes. I don't think there's anyone else who saw his feats who'd care that much about raising his rank to actually press the issue. Maybe Child Emperor? But I'm thinking he's also butthurt he let Garou get away.
>>
>>134170605
Tatsumaki and Saitama lover's tiff arc is decent in terms of humor but it really doesn't compare in terms of world building and fight scenes as compared to MA/Garou arc
>>
>>134170411
>the more realistic art is, the better
go kill yourself
>>
>>134170616
Murata is definitely one of my big favorites because he's not only skilled but also versatile, but if I had the chance to copy one Mangaka's powers I'd go for Hamada Yoshikazu.
>>
>>134170675
Then why did he rise to A rank. Someone has to have mentioned that Saitama was present.
>>
>>134170605
We barely got a dozen of chapter since its end and frankly they're on the same level if not even better.

ONE hyped us for the big final fight of the Garou arc for dozen of chapters, and then in a few pages he manages to hype even more for another fight.
>>
File: img000013.jpg (96KB, 600x848px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000013.jpg
96KB, 600x848px
>>134170602
I can't wait to see Murata's version of this scene.
>>
>>134170686
You can't really compare the finale of the Garou arc to the opening act of the new one.
The new one has also been extremely fucking funny.

>>134170719
Because he was present, simple as that. Most people probably reported "these heroes were there, and we won". I mean, it's not like they're intentionally trying to keep him down either.
>>
>>134170745
I want to see Golden Sperm
>>
>>134170718
But what if you could STEAL a mangakas power?
Whose life would you ruin?
>>
>>134170745
I really can't wait for Fubuki vs Psykos.

Also, for the Takoyaki Stand of Evolution, which we'd have seen by now if not for the filler, it should be literally the next thing that happens.

Here's to hoping Mosquito is the waitress. ;_;
>>
You know I think he might have actually been stronger in terms of raw power in his monster form, but lost his skills (which is what actually made him dangerous) since that was the first time he knocked Saitama back in their fight.
>>
File: img000002.jpg (170KB, 600x848px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000002.jpg
170KB, 600x848px
>>134170784
Scratch that, this should take priority.
>>
File: tsugumomo_09_098.png (428KB, 1098x1584px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tsugumomo_09_098.png
428KB, 1098x1584px
>>134170718
> yoshikazu

it's interesting to note he's much more "old japanese culture" centered while Murata seems more centered on more modern themes. So it's pretty much up to tastes since you can hardly choose any of them when it comes to the skills.

Though if anything, it's true Yoshikazu is more experienced for lewd stuffs and goes all out with them, granted that Murata doesn't as much because ONE is tame as fuck.
>>
>>134170805
Well shit, that's a tough one. I'd have to find a mangaka with excellent skills who does manga I don't like. I can think of some candidates I suppose. Maybe Oh Great?
Then again, I'd kind of feel too shit about doing that even to mangaka I don't like.
>>
>>134170777
It is funny but that is about it. There isn't any world building or heroes not named Saitama vs monsters.

Hero's Association sent out a dedicated team with multiple S class to clear out the MA. No way that a simple report would suffice considering the amount of damage, the number of S class that were hurt, the number of S class involved and Garou probably the strongest known opposition on the Hero's Association history.
>>
>>134167570
>ironic gag comic saving anime
>not living in a memetic wasteland of post-irony
normie plz, the only thing its saving is
you from having to take up a hobby
>>
>>134170858
I personally think Yoshikazu has the edge on Murata, by a little.
Though some anon made me notice, his linework is actually surprisingly sloppy. He does the thing where you don't draw smooth lines, but instead draw lots of small lines to make big lines.
>>
>>134170805
I'd go for Oda
Not like OP's art would change all that much
>>
>>134170805
Does it works if I steal it for like 2 months while he's in vacations and use this time to draw as much doujins as I can?
>>
File: 166-167.png_res.jpg (784KB, 2196x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
166-167.png_res.jpg
784KB, 2196x1600px
>>134167038
>poor drawing skills
>>
>>134170900
Murata is superior is drawing motion, he picked up that skill when during ES21
>>
File: 1448296981050.jpg (940KB, 1016x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448296981050.jpg
940KB, 1016x1300px
>>134170820
>Fubuki vs Psykos
There better be ripped clothing and exposed lingerie at the end of that fight
>>
>>134170867
Sure, but again S-Class heroes are kind of freaks who don't really sweat that kind of shit. That's why most of them were class B or C before the S-Class was created.
How do you force them? Of all the heroes present I think only Child Emperor would actually bother with a detailed report, and I'd imagine he'd be too childishly stubborn to praise Saitama too much because of the argument they had.
>>
File: 1447406480395.jpg (110KB, 600x848px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447406480395.jpg
110KB, 600x848px
It might really comes off as personal preference, but I really like ONE's King a lot more than Murata's King. There's something about his expression that slays me every time I see him.
>>
File: tsugumomo_0.jpg (523KB, 594x828px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tsugumomo_0.jpg
523KB, 594x828px
>>134170900
That's not "sloppy", just another way to draw. He does it like that to give a much more traditional feel even though he's working digitally. I love his lines personally.

Also, considering what he always showed until now, Murata is much better when it comes to color shading.
>>
>>134170691
Are you fucking retarded bro?!

That reply HAD to be ironic. The manga is ONE THOUSAND times better than the shitty webcomic that looks it was drawn during a bored philosophy college class period. Please tell me how much emotion your ass can feel seeing some shitty artist who is literally deviantart tier drawing OPM?

Yeah, if you believe what you posted, then your ass needs to be on DA or fucking Inkbunny. /a/ likes perfected art, we like shit that looks like it was drawn by a fucking god, hell. /a/ is assholes who wants the best but don't deserve a damn thing. Get off this board you fucking newfag.

webcomic < manga
>>
Something people that don't get is that just because you like it, doesn't mean it is better.

Art is subjective, yes. But quality/skill can change a lot of people's opinion.

>The faggotry from the anime-only viewers is too overwhelming.
Just because they are discussing the show? That is very sad.
>>
>>134170908
He'd try to draw something just to keep in shape and once he realizes he can't draw anymore he kills himself
>>
>>134170959
Murata is amazing at that, but I'm still not convinced. Tsugumomo's actino scenes are fucking Superb.

>>134170987
No, it's definitely sloppy. It's a "wrong" way to draw, in the sense that it's more time consuming and doesn't really add anything to the picture. It's what you do when you're not good enough to draw the lines you want in a quick and smooth motion. I do it myself, I'm shit at smooth lines so I manage with little short ones and later smooth them out.
>>
>>134170979
If anyone of them bothered to give even a factual recount of what happened, Saitama would be S class.

There is literally no way the Hero Association won't ask who was the one who defeated Garou
>>
>>134171008
Don't bring logic in a shit posting thread. It will get you no where.
>>
>>134171047
I think it's simply a matter that Garou's full power was downplayed. Remember, garou's power multiplied like crazy during that fight, and when he entered the fray all heroes were wounded already.
>>
>>134170616
Because he actually learned how to draw. Anatomy and all that shit. Other artists settle on manga looking cool and usually don't bother to improve on that so the only improvement we see is that they can make the same panel look prettier years later, but they won't draw it from unusual angle or try to ilustrate expression that isn't one of 10 they use all the time. Murata did his homework properly, that means he has way more freedom than other artists and his vision is not limited by his abilities.

TLDR:Murata isn't a lazy hack that got lucky like most manga artists
>>
>>134171082
That just means Saitama won't be high S ranked. Just lower or even the newest which is 18th. Geno got into S rank doing far far less.
>>
>>134171008
>Just because they are discussing the show? That is very sad.
No, because they're being extremely obnoxious while doing so. OPM threads on /a/ are like Naruto threads on fucking reddit or MAL or something. Yes, it's that bad.
>>
>>134171111
He also has the benefit of not having to write the story.
>>
>>134171111
so much of manga is so horribly drawn its almost as if they are making fun of the medium

it is awesome to watch an artist improve
>>
>>134171111
The anatomy of Toriyama's character designs is fucked up, and yet he still manages to illustrate the characters from unusual and creative angles and makes great use of paneling.
>>
File: 1443773813831.png (799KB, 1739x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443773813831.png
799KB, 1739x1200px
>>134171045
> No, it's definitely sloppy.


You're projecting. This allow for more line diversity digitally. I'm a drawfag and I consider this as a totally legit technique, yoshikazu is good enough to make one line if he wanted to, but doesn't, that's not for nothing. Again, that's to give a more natural feel rather than totally straight lines everywhere.
>>
>art discussion

Think about it this way. For most cases, scribbling stimulates the imagination.
>>
>>134171128
Genos got into S-Rank because he tested well.

You also have to remember Saitama's reputation. I'm sure that's taken well into account for the rank evaluation.
>>
File: 52ca066546938.png (213KB, 500x329px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
52ca066546938.png
213KB, 500x329px
>>134171133
Yes, they are bad because you faggots keep fighting which version is better. If you weren't a bunch of hipsters and enjoyed both on their own merits the threads wouldn't be so shit.

It is your own fault.
>>
>>134171187
> For most cases, scribbling stimulates the imagination.

No shit, even Murata scribbles before doing the page for real.
>>
>>134171190
Then why was he made A class? Given those reason, they would not have promoted him at all.
>>
He can't keep getting away with it
>>
File: file.png (154KB, 757x436px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
file.png
154KB, 757x436px
>>134171174
You're letting your admiration of the guy cloud your judgement. No one's saying he has to draw in only "straight lines", what are you on about? The fact is when he wants to make one smooth line, he makes it from many small scratchy lines. This is not some "special technique" and it makes the line look messy when you get close enough. C:\OUTERHEAVEN\Play\a\_Mango\Tsugumomo\1407620624077.jpg
>>
>>134171128
Yes and no. Saitama is lazy, but if King got into 7th , that's not for nothing. Saitama can easily take care of any threat, that's important.
>>
>Muh Artfags
Every single time. This is why /a/ is a pack of plebshit homofaggotry that hasn't read anything to do with manga or even watched an anime before 2001 beyond entry tier toonami trash.
Seriously, you casuals shits killed /a/ years ago, and i hate you all for it.
>>
>>134171268
What do you even mean? They made him A-Class because he was already B-Class rank 5 and he participated in another large-scale threat neutralization. Just like what happened with Sea King.
>>
It's all terrible and repeditive
>>
Could someone explain to me how a B-class like Fubuki managed to defeat dragon-class Psychos? If you go by feats then she should be freaking S-rank herself.
>>
>>134171111
>Because he actually learned how to draw.

Now this is funny as fuck, you think he did bro? I was drawing a fucking sketch in my damn workplace and 4 people complimented me on it. Hell one dude I was talking to said it looked ten times better than the damn webcomic for OPM.

People in real life (at least in New York) do not even read the webcomic because it's pure shit in art and no one with a sane mine will read something that looks like a damn 14 year old drew it during his math class.

Fuck off with that bullshit man, you know if it wasn't mainstream your ass would not even be reading murata's version. You just like being a hipster and is probably a "MUH ORIGINAL SOURCE" fag.
>>
>>134171310
I hope you get so annoyed of it that you either leave or kill yourself
>>
>>134171321
They had visual evidence of Sea King and Saitama himself claimed to be stealing credit.
>>
>>134171335
Intelligence and technique.
>>
>>134171345
>Flaunting the fact you are newshit
>>>/v/
>>
I went to check chapter by chapter to have a better idea on how long the remake takes to do the original chapters:

In 2013, Murata done 19 chapters on the magazine where 2 were completely new. 17 chapters were equivalent to 15,5 chapters of the original.

In 2014, Murata done 18 chapters on the magazine where 1 was completely new. 17 chapters were equivalent to 11,5 chapters of the original.

In 2015. Murata done, so far, 26 chapters on the magazine where 15 were completely new. 11 chapters were equivalent to 6 chapters of the original.

At this pacing, 5+ years is actually a realistic prediction of when the MA arc will end on the manga.
>>
>>134171310

/m/ is full of oldfags
>>
>>134171337
>I'm retarded
>>
>>134166735
Was Garou really God level?
>>
>>134171335
Fubuki is B-class is overall strength but is high S class vs other psychics.
>>
>>134171335
Fubuki was basically Psyko's hard counter ability wise.
>>
>>134171379
So? You saw the panel of judges, Saitama is followed by tons of rumors. Beating Sea King should have landed him in S-Class as well, but it only got him to B-class because of the rumors.
>>
>>134171408
> I like 14 year old art cause of my superior taste.
>>
>>134171402
/m/ is literally /jp/ tier autistic most of the time.
>>
>>134171335
The same way Garou managed to beat Tank Top Master, technique.

>>134171427
And Saitama said himself he was stealing credit. This time it was vs a whole new level of threats. It is far more reasonable for Saitama to be S rank than A rank at the moment.
>>
>>134171476

nothing's perfect
>>
>>134171462
>I still can't into reading comprehension
>>
>>134171507
>14 year old art style is better than a professional manga artist.
>>
>>134171268
>>134171427

I think there was one guy who said promotions and wages are highly influenced by the association and the public's opinions.

And since the public does the donations, I guess the hero wouldn't do much with infamy.
>>
>>134171416
>but is high S class vs other psychics.
Then she'd be able to face Tatsumaki.

Fubuki is probably high A-Class or low S in strength, but she beat Psychos because her telekinesis is very refined and she knew how to make her mad and make mistakes.

>>134171482
>And Saitama said himself he was stealing credit.
So he's now known as a rumored credit stealer, which in turns affects every subsequent Rank judgement, and neither he nor anyone in S-Class really bothers to clear up the misconception.

I mean, the MA is a repeat of Saitama's other "cheat" incidents, he's hanging out with S-Class and participating on the huge resulting credit.
>>
>>134171412
High Dragon or Low God.
Boros is the only 100% God level being we have seen.
>>
File: 1621894654.jpg (258KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1621894654.jpg
258KB, 1280x914px
How did you approach OPM, /a/?

>Murata first, ONE second, anime after
>ONE first, Murata second, anime after
>anime first, Murata then ONE
>anime first, ONE then Murata

first two are considered even if you haven't watched the anime
>>
>>134171554
>I'm still a retard
>>
>>134171580
>Boros is the only 100% God level being we have seen.
I agree That Boros is god level but let's not start that argument again.
>>
>>134171578
>Then she'd be able to face Tatsumaki.
Have you read the next arc? She literally does that.
>>
>>134171594
anime only
manga is for gays
>>
>>134171615
She literally is cornered by her sister and tries to fight back and is completely utterly outclassed.

Fubuki can't fight Tatsumaki, not a chance in hell of winning.
>>
>>134171594
Murata followed by ONE then the anime
>>
>>134171578
Nah, Fubuki's technique would work on most psychics, but Tatsumaki is Tatsumaki.

Psykos would be S class if she was a hero, but there is still a huge margin between her and Tatsumaki.
>>
>>134171607
>I'm not listening to reason cause of my superior retard taste.
>>
>>134171653
Tatsumaki is the strongest psychic we have seen in the series and even she comments Fubuki and acknowledges her strength.
>>
>>134171594
Murata then Anime.

Not going to read ONE.
>>
>>134171594
This >>134171654

Though honestly, watching the Anime in first doesn't change that much, both it and the manga are a very different experiences with both their pro, cons, and exclusive story content.

A friend has been following the Anime with me since its start, and after we're done with the episode, I show him what was adapted and the extra chapters that didn't got in, works pretty well.
>>
>>134171666
>A few sentences are still too much for my reading comprehension
>>
>>134171654
>>134171594
Same here.
.
ONE comics is superior, because it's really interesting to read. Murata doing a God's job, but basically he is just adding some rainbows to the greatness.
>>
>>134171734
>666 satan trips, whatever point you had is nullified faggot 14 year old art loving bitch boi
>>
>>134171660
>Nah, Fubuki's technique would work on most psychics, but Tatsumaki is Tatsumaki.
Most Psychics aren't high S-Class like Tatsumaki.
Tatsumaki completely outclasses Psychos in ESP, both in power and technique. And Psychos completely outclasses Fubuki in power, but Fubuki is more clever and skilled, so she exploited her weaknesses and made up for it.

Fubuki isn't "High S-Class againts psychics", she just knew how to take advantage of her former Kouhai's weakness.
Because Tatsumaki is what counts as "high-S class psychic".
>>
>>134171745
> but basically he is just adding some rainbows to the greatness.
> some rainbows
> not even mentioning all the newt story content and cameos of the remake

Kill yourself.
>>
>>134171399
Assuming they keep up with the filler.
>>
>>134171717
>he doesn't want to read the garou arc ever
>or saitama pissing off tatsumaki to the point of her rampaging and breaking shit everywhere.
anon plz.
>>
>>134171762
>666 satan trips shiver with fear when faced with glory of those quads >>134171111
>>
>>134171594
One then Manga and I don't watch anime
I mostly follow ones version for the story but I'll read the murata chapters after the build up a little
>>
>>134171823
I can wait desu.
>>
>>134171823
How long do you think Murata will take to complete the Garou Arc.

3 years?
>>
>>134171775
That's what I said? Fubuki trained to fight psychic, and she can even manage to beat a dragon tier threat thanks to that.

Tatsumaki is even stronger than mob 100%, she's on a whole different league.
You'd need to have Psykos' level and the perfect preparations for a sneak attack to get her.
>>
I'll read the ONE version first, here people tell me Murata's version is good...
>sees for myself.
Laugh at anyone who had the sad fortune of actually reading the webcomic.
Furthermore this thread proved many of you assholes are from /co/. Talking about a damn webcomic like its godly? Fuck off this board, even if its Japanese it's not a manga until ONE did it. It was a webcomic so /co/umblr please leave.

ONE's version = Madhouse Anime > Murata's Webcomic.
>>
>>134171905
5-6 at least.
>>
>>134171852
>Thinks quads are stronger than satan

Newfag please leave.
>>
>>134171905
6 at the rate he keeps shitting out filler chapters.
>>
>>134171913
Mob 100% was a toss up right?
>>
>>134171962
ONE is the one giving him filler chapters to draw.
>>
>>134171814
No, kill yourself retard instead. All the original stuff in Murata's manga is written by ONE, he is the author.
And OPM is all about story, not flashy "rainbows" to entertain stupid animufags.
>>
>>134171988
i know, hence why muratas manga is canon, but it doesn't change the fact fillershit is fillershit.
>>
>>134171957
>Being this jelly of my quads

Perish now satan
>>
>>134171998
So you agree that the remake is superior because it's an improved version of the webcomic that is still totally written by ONE, good.
>>
>>134171998
>Manga is not about drawing at all!
Damn you're a stupid hipster.
>>
>>134172019
> muratas manga

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ITS A WEBCOMIC /A/SSHOLE!

ONE is the only dude with a "Manga" here. Please see /co/ and discuss murata's webcomic.
>>
>>134172027
>jelly

Literally cancer.
>>
>>134171974
No.

Tats > Mob 100%

And then against Mob ???% "there is no answer."

I guess ONE doesn't want to spoil what ???% really is and can do, but as far as we saw it, it's more of a mindless black hole than anything.
>>
File: S-Class Pin-up.jpg (643KB, 934x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
S-Class Pin-up.jpg
643KB, 934x1300px
>>134171913
It's only a matter of time before she reaches S-Class. That is if she decides to move up
>>
File: ch504.jpg (192KB, 800x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ch504.jpg
192KB, 800x600px
>>134172061
Have your (you).
>>
>>134172019
Come on some of the filler chapters are great. Like how Metal bat is fleshed out, the humiliation of Fubuki, Saitama being a GOAT hero (Fashion contest, police chapter, cat chapter)
>>
>>134172096
She doesn't even want to try since she's certain she can't beat Sweet Mask.
>>
>>134172091
>I'm a literal retard
>>
>>134171905
At least 5 years, even if they finish the extra content and focus on the chapters already on web comic.
>>
>>134172096
>watchdogman when
>>
Where the fuck can I download the manga, is IRC the only option?
>>
>>134172099
Oh hey dumbass, who's art is that again? Oh yeah its from ONE'S manga right?

Hey dumbass, show me a manga book with Murata's webcomic art on the cover?

>I..I can't
>>
>>134172096
What if she uses the fact she beat a dragon threat to directly jump to S class?
>>
>>134172092
Alright, thanks anon. Tatsumaki is really strong lol
>>
File: img000004.jpg (146KB, 600x848px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000004.jpg
146KB, 600x848px
There are some things that I like more in the One version, like King and Tatsumaki. Credit has to be given to the fact that he wrote the story in the first place as well.
>>
>>134170984
He looks like he's just trying not to shit himself in fear.
>>
File: sample.jpg (96KB, 780x718px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sample.jpg
96KB, 780x718px
>>134170990
you mean manga's artstyle >webcomic artstyle

That's the unique thing.
>>
>>134172153
>Disgusting swine
>>
>>134172303
What is there to "like more"? Will you still stay the same thing after Murata will be done adapting everything in the webcomic?
>>
>>134172239
You got your names backwards, guy
>>
>>134171594
Read Murata, watched Anime and read ONE up to date after what was in the Murata stuff.
>>
>>134172266
Has she even told anyone she beaten a Dragon level threat? Did she just keep it to herself?
>>
>>134172266
Sweet mask still gets to decide if she's allowed in.
>>
>>134172303
I don't get what you people are comparing. They're better in the ONE version? So you're comparing the progress of the story? Because everyone agrees to see the MA arc is by far the best of the serie. That's also why people wants Murata to get to it.
>>
>>134172340
>Pathetic cockroach
>>
>>134171926
>>134172061
Someone is trying real hard to be retarded.
>>
>>134172460

No, I think that, ironically enough, Tatsumaki just got too good-looking in the Murata version. King as well, it was somehow a bit more hilarious when he was portrayed as intimidating in the one version despite the actual look.

>>134172346

Probably.
>>
>>134172452
Sweet Mask has seen the beauty of OVERWHELMING POWER
>>
>>134170938
Bro I took a single drawing class in college and I could draw just as good as that.
>>
>>134171399

ONE didn't advance the plot at all on 2015
>>
>>134172336
artstyle is a huge thing for a manga, I dropped many I somewhat liked because they had shitty artstyle.
and as many have said this over and over, Murata's manga add some extra stuff directly from ONE, so it's the best, no mistake.
>>
>>134170938
That is correct, that's a pretty poor drawing. Not irredeemable, but pretty poor.
>>
>>134172615
It is normally for writers to do one downtime/for fun arc after a heavy/serious one
>>
>>134172552
Its a webcomic, prove me wrong.
>>
>>134172591
I don't think you need to study drawing to reach that level, that's like one good page out of a hundred bad ones. People only like Ones version because of the novelty. Just accept the fact that Murata does a better job at telling the story with his art.
>>
>>134172591
show us please.
>>
>>134172677
Your biggest problem is that you got the names wrong. ONE is the artist and story writer of the original webcomic. Murata does the art of the manga while it's story is still written by ONE. The art of the manga which is on pic here >>134172099 , is by Murata.
>>
I think the remake version is improves over the original in every way, but the original webcomic is still good by itself and worth a read if you don't want to wait for the remake to catch up.

>>134172460
I also don't count the fact one is at a later point in the story as something that makes it better as both are still ongoing and so far it's expected for the remake to continue running until it completely remakes all of the original until it's end. If Murata's were to suddenly stop in the middle, then I would consider the extra content in the original as a point in favor of it.
>>
>>134170719
Or someone's probably hiding some intel about him. Maybe there's more to the corruption of HA than meets the eye. I noticed in the anime that it seems the HA judges haven't personally seen the video footage of him killing SK.
>>
Are you being the person Mumen Rider knows you can be?
>>
>>134173044
HA judges defer to Sweet Mask
>>
>>134170719
He only rose to A Rank because he incapacitated Garou who fought almost all S class heroes before getting taken down. Remember that HA is assuming that Garou had been weakened by then. Also, the fact that he let Garou live and escape. Remember that heroes are either meant to kill or capture monsters.
>>
>>134166735
Is that Getter Robo?
>>
>>134173057
No.
>>
>>134173057
>helping people 24/7 with even the most menial tasks for chump change
I'd rather go through Saitama's training regime
>>
File: FemSpm cl1.jpg (206KB, 642x1100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FemSpm cl1.jpg
206KB, 642x1100px
Felt like coloring the genderswap'd Black Sperm pic I drew some times ago.
>>
File: FemSpm cl2.jpg (202KB, 642x1100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FemSpm cl2.jpg
202KB, 642x1100px
>>134174256
>>
I wanna start reading. What chapter does episode 9 leave off?
>>
>>134175259
ends at volume 5.
>>
>>134175328
What chapter should I start on?
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-07/one-punch-man-manga-gets-tv-anime/.85713
you see the news point the original ONE webcomic version and as stated in the site that murata manga merely adapting ONE webcomic.
>>
>>134175386
Mangatown, "B class" chapter, don't remember the number.
>>
What the hell is "Mumen Rider" I thought it was lLicense-less Rider?
>>
>>134166735
The DBfags discussion spamming OPM muh super nintendo is more canon than your anime than your original manga than everything. Stop it will you. The next time i will heard muh card battle OPM manga is more canon than your shitty webcomic, manga and everyhting because ONE touch it with love and passion.
>>
>>134175328
Chapter 30 if following the volumes numbering. 34 if following the magazine numbering. The name of the chapter is "Class S".
>>
>>134175430
Hello?
>>
>>134175561
Thanks :)
>>
does anyone have the theme song of mumen rider
>>
>>134171594
Haha, I'm not listed. Murata, then anime, then ONE. Rather, I started with the manga, I stopped reading the updates some 30-40 chapters in, picked back up on the series when the anime came out, and when the anime is done and I've read all of the manga releases I'll start reading the webcomic.

</blog>
>>
if i were him, i would beat any rank S hero and claim his rank.
>>
>>134177117
I'm sure he beats Genos every night.
>>
>>134166735
Why can't people accept that the Murata version is a perfect example of a writer doing his thing and an artist doing their thing resulting in the final product being better than if 1 guy had to do both.

It's fine if you like the webcomic better but do realize its saying you like the story boards for a movie better than the final thing.
>>
File: CVCva6XVEAA55bJ.jpg (93KB, 599x778px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CVCva6XVEAA55bJ.jpg
93KB, 599x778px
Murata posted this on twitter
>>
File: kenji.png (22KB, 180x120px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kenji.png
22KB, 180x120px
>>134170054
Kenji you magnificent bastard! Who knew you'd turn out to be such a bro?
>>
>>134167038
>Do people really think ONE's version is better than Murata's?

There is no "murata OPM", the way way there is no "Murata eyeshield".
>>
File: 1448914628001.jpg (66KB, 277x308px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448914628001.jpg
66KB, 277x308px
>>134177857
> More Fubullying

And what the hell is this face trying to convey.
>>
>>134171594
Have to admit I never bothered to check out OPM before it was made into anime. Because of the name I thought it was about a hero that had to end his fights in the first punch or he would lose which didn't sound very interesting to me. As soon as I saw the first episode I went straight to the manga and then webcomic right after
>>
>>134177857
ONE's art is getting to murata it seems
>>
>>134178025
I don't know but she's cute so I'm going to assume it means the rest of my day is going to wonderful.
>>
>>134177859
he grew up to become such a bro.
>>
>>134178067
>>134178042
to be*
>>
>>134177857
>>134178067
I'm fine with a chapter full of Tats making cute faces with both her ONE and Murata modes while bullying Fubuki, but come the fuck on, you promised some SoL.
>>
>>134178042
who knows? maybe he has learned one or two things from him.
>>
>>134178162
>>
>>134178162
Actually, when you look at it, it's incredible how faithful Murata is. He kept a big part of ONE's style like the tiny black mouths for example and updated the whole thing with his godly drawing skills..
>>
Where does all the energy monsters exert come from? If it's all stored within their muscles or something then what happens to all of it when Saitama kills them? Could scientists potentially use the carcasses of Demon level monsters to power entire cities?
>>
>>134178338
Well, we know Metal Knight study monsters and the sturdiness of natural armors like Elder Centipede's.
>>
>>134177857
I have a feeling this is just gonna be another Fubuki chapter with Tatsumaki narrating
>>
>>134178614
I say this now, if that actually happens I'll drop this shit.
>>
Doesn't the anime have only 3 episodes left? Does it really have enough time to cover Boros at a decent pace?
>>
>>134174298
>>134174256
Where's the dick
>>
>>134171745
I don't read Murata's work.

The only reason being that I can't fucking follow the story since he releases a remake of a chapter he did a year ago with a MINOR change as a brand new chapter.

Its fucking annoying finding out chapter 81 is actually chapter 43.
>>
File: Esper Sisters.jpg (101KB, 500x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Esper Sisters.jpg
101KB, 500x600px
>>134178768
>Daily life of Tatsumaki
>Stalks Fubuki all day
Should have seen it coming since Tats is basically a Fubukifag. Can't blame her though.
>>
>>134179146
I think you may just be mentally disabled.
>>
>>134167038

ONE's art style works better with the comedy.
>>
>>134179254
You're only saying that because it's so bad that it's funny, but by ONE's own admission the murata manga conveys what he wants better.
>>
>>134179172
>Tats is a fubukifag
One of the memes I hate the most.
>>
>>134171412

A God level threat threatens the survival of humanity.

While Garou probably had the ability to threaten humanity, he didn't have any intentions to destroy all humanity.
>>
>>134178036
>Because of the name I thought it was about a hero that had to end his fights in the first punch or he would lose which didn't sound very interesting to me
How can someone even reach this conclusion. I just assumed that it was about some 2powerful wanker for people that self-insert
>>
>>134169434
>Whenever somebody post bait I imagine your stereotypical fat nerd reading the thread while drooling with anticipation of replies. And when that happens, the nerd starts giggling happily, and flailing his arms around, pretending to punch things.
>>
>>134178845
I've been reading the manga chapters a lot of times meanwhile the anime is airing, yes they can do it perfectly
>>
>>134171335

Fubuki knew Physchos weaknesses. Fubuki is also way more powerful than B-class. She chooses to remain in b-class because she wants to be the #1 in a class and she can't do that in A class because of Sweet Mask. Sweet Mask himself should be top 10 ten S-class but doesn't want to advance because he's keeping people he deems unworthy out of S-class.
>>
How many chapters did the anime adapt so far?
>>
>>134180644
a lot
>>
If Tatsumaki hadn't been brain damaged by Psyckos and injured by the Dragon levels, she would have beaten Golden Sperm, right?
>>
>>134180644
28
>>
>>134180644
Going by the Viz releases, It just finished Volume 5, Chapter 29
>>
>>134180976
Yes, but her cockiness got her onto that situation in the first place
>>
>>134178845
For it to fit three episodes they will even need to add/expand on some scenes.
>>
>>134181037
But doing that did save the life of most of the others S class as they were losing against the dragon threat enemies.
>>
>>134179838
>>134181103
If you say so, could have sworn way more shit happend there then in these two sea king episodes.
>>
>>134181103
I think they will add some Genos scene fighting, the staff love him
>>
>>134181192
I think the pacing was okay and ending with Boros is a proper ending for a season
>>
>>134181192
Not really that much. The manga have a really slow pace, especially because of all the pages expended on action scenes that takes seconds animated.
>>
>>134181190
She did, but she should have made sure that her opponent was down for good. She did underestimate Psykos and you'd think that she would have been extra mindful of her being an esper after all.
>>
>>134181389
She did never fought an enemy she couldn't easily destroy after all. It would be interesting if she learn some way to avoid a similar situation in the future.
>>
>>134181359
> all the pages expended on action scenes that takes seconds animated.

This, genos vs sea king had filler to make it longer
>>
>>134172678
>Implying the story existed before ONE created it.

You can't separate the manga from the webcomic.
>>
>>134179534
its in the name really. Spider-man has the powers of a spider. Figured that meant the power of one really powerful punch
>>
>>134178036
just dont go into waifuposting pls, dont feed that cancer

>>134171594
Murata, ONE, Anime
i got into OPM when a friend posted the Metal Knight gif, so i didnt even knew what to expect from the series
>>
File: 1353998723833.jpg (231KB, 632x840px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1353998723833.jpg
231KB, 632x840px
>>134170616
Why must you resort to sucking dick to become a good artist just practice damn...
>>
>>134183668
Who made that image? I agree with the sentiment, but if the person who said it isn't a good writer, it kind of loses a lot of impact.
>>
File: Based Caillou.png (590KB, 780x717px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Based Caillou.png
590KB, 780x717px
>People seriously trying to imply Murata's version didn't help ONE get the limelight
>>
File: ohayou_roxy.png (81KB, 400x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ohayou_roxy.png
81KB, 400x225px
>>134184050

Boon was at ~ch 30 when anons started translating the ONE version. Anyone that reads the original exclusively and doesn't read moon got to the party late and is a dirty hipster.
>>
File: _1398836444457.jpg (83KB, 604x453px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
_1398836444457.jpg
83KB, 604x453px
>>134183831

"Ira Glass", I suppose.
>>
File: tips.png (47KB, 312x341px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tips.png
47KB, 312x341px
>>134184093
I was there from around chapter 20ish, but the point is, I'd take Murata's adaptation any day of teh week. The scribbles took a while for me to put up with.
>>
>>134178138
The last images he posted were labeled as unused images that might be worked into the series later. I'm not sure they are directly related to the vol 10 extra.
>>
>>134166735
Not the anime, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>134186786
> QUALITY

I wish every anime ever were full of "QUALITY" like this.
>>
>>134186855
Watch DBS episode 5 then you might like it.
>>
>>134186786
I don't get it, what part of this can be considered QUALITY?
>>
>>134187051
Nothing, that the "joke".
>>
>>134187091
The race up has a couple of iffy frames that linger.
>>
>>134187140
So did the Saitama vs Genos.
>>
>>134171594
Mine is a bit different. Murata first, then I checked out ONE. Art style, as easy to understand as it was, just didn't offer the same scale and atmosphere so I stuck with Murata instead of reading ahead with ONE.

Obviously been watching the anime even while still following Murata's version.
>>
>>134186786

Its not quality when its intentional anon
>>
>>134167402
bullshit.
>>
>tfw can't enjoy anime OPM threads because they're infested with obvious underage, waifufaggotry, shipperfaggotry and actual faggotry
>tfw can't enjoy Murata OPM threads they're nothing more than vs/bait threads with the same problem as the anime threads
>tfw can't enjoy ONE OPM threads they're infested with full on delusional fedora tipping hipster faggots
Life is suffering
>>
>>134188149
Can't fuck off either, apparently. Truly your life is hell.
>>
>>134186786
>Quality
>Looking at the individual frames and not the animation as a whole

Yeah, that shit was fucking great and you know it, you just want to nit pic. You want real quality look at that abominable "Pain vs Naruto" fight, or the 2nd to last episode of stardust crusaders, where QUALITY DIO was plainly seen and it wasn't anything like a fully dynamic scene (hence the simple hand drawn backgrounds) as this one.

I want Neo /a/ to go
>>
File: 162.png (750KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
162.png
750KB, 625x626px
>>134188350
Neither can you, suffer in hell together, faggots.
>>
>>134167369
If you read ONE's version first, you like OPM.
If you read Murata's first, you're autistic and hop from one shounen to the next for 'the awesome fights weeabro XD'
If you watched the anime first, you're cancer.
>>
>>134188961
>implying I'm not comfortable where I am
Feel free to post more fish though
>>
>>134189114
You know the translation of the manga came out way way before the webcomic that only began at Sea King right?

Oh wait, of course you don't since you only discovered the serie recently and try following the hispter train.
>>
File: Saitama Ragequit.png (435KB, 967x653px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Saitama Ragequit.png
435KB, 967x653px
>>
>>134189205
>only two years before we get this in the redraw
>>
>>134189197
Yet I still read the webcomic first. Because I'm not autistic and actually like reading the original material.
>>
>>134189253
> Not liking the three versions

Fuck off.
>>
>>134189250
It's not really something that needs a redraw that badly though.
>>
File: 40723188_p20.png (403KB, 1022x710px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
40723188_p20.png
403KB, 1022x710px
>>134178308
Genos pls
>>
>>134189250
Reminder we would have gotten it in MAY if the exclusive content arc didn't begin.
>>
>>134189114
>If you read Murata's first, you're autistic and hop from one shounen to the next for 'the awesome fights weeabro XD'
I read Murata's first, and this is partially true, I read/watch lots of shounen, but I actually enjoy them outside of fights alot of the time
>>
>>134189291
>Can't argue
>Get mad

pic related, anime bandwagon kids
>>
>>134189291
>liking OPM anime
It has worse animation than the manga
>>
>>134189375
Me too. I like Murata's version. I just don't like people on /a/ who like Murata's version because they're bull-headed pricks. Its because they were b;
>>
>>134189431
You forgot worse voice acting, worse opening and worse OST.
>>
>>134189465
>Bullied

Sorry, autopost for life

>>134189473
The anime is just legit bad.
>>
>>134189473
Way better story than either manga or webcomic though
>>
ONE's tatsumaki > Murata's tatsumaki
>>
>>134189753
Man /a/ has shitty opinions
>>
>>134189776
What about Tatsumaki's ONE face with Murata's body?
>>
File: oh baby.jpg (15KB, 177x277px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
oh baby.jpg
15KB, 177x277px
>>134189880
>>
>>134189250
>redraw
Murata sucks at comedy. The only funny parts of the redraw are when he draws his epic spreads and contrasts it with a ONE style reaction panel.
>>
>Hipsters
>>
File: Tats_onemd.jpg (263KB, 418x888px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Tats_onemd.jpg
263KB, 418x888px
>>134189880
>>134189907
>>
>>134166735
Looks like casshern sins
>>
>>134189880
>>
>>134190086
This, I was surprised about the lack of comedy in the manga and anime.
>>
>>134190086
Why does Saitama in Murata's version seem way more serious, in the ONE version half his reactions are just "okay."
>>
Saitama being SS rank when?
>>
>>134189862
As always.
>>
File: 1430509272447.png (3MB, 1865x1431px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430509272447.png
3MB, 1865x1431px
Can't wait for the best part of the Boros arc.
>>
>>134193940
>best part of the Boros arc
>Tatsumaki
I hope you're joking
>>
File: Saitama vs Boros.jpg (462KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Saitama vs Boros.jpg
462KB, 1066x1600px
>tfw the anime will never live up to the hype
>>
File: BEND OVER.jpg (200KB, 1068x870px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BEND OVER.jpg
200KB, 1068x870px
>>134194088
The Boros arc is what will make or break this anime. They better not fuck up.
>>
>>134193855
But Saitama getting fuck all recognition by the establishment is part of his character. If everybody start treating him seriously that's not as fun. So ONE will do it only when it's ending.
>>
>>134193940
Its gonna be funny seeing her bully Genos and turn him into modern art again
>>
>>134194247
I sincerely hope we get a second season so we can see Garou because holy fuck was that great.
>>
>>134194341
Isn't he canonically stronger than anyone, aside from Blast who no one knows a shit about him?
>>
>>134194581
I we ever get a season 2, it'll most likely be 24 or 25 episodes thanks to the added content in the manga. I wouldn't mind though, that is if the do the Boros fight justice
>>
>>134194088
The whole reason they gimped the budget on the sea king arc was to save it for this. Get ready for best fight scene 2015 boys
>>
File: Wowza.jpg (15KB, 128x215px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Wowza.jpg
15KB, 128x215px
>>134170215
>ONE is like Licenseless rider. He knows his skills are subpar, but he's still a splendid comic artist nonetheless.

That makes so much sense.
>>
>>134186786

dO YOU KNOW what moving a fucking background like that in 2D hand drawn animation means, faggot?

Let me see you try it.
>>
Over hyped series. Faggots make it seem better than it is
>>
>>134195222
The scale for the fight is so incredible I literally cannot even picture it being animated.
>Trading punches on the side of a falling space ship the size of a city
>Energy blasts everywhere
>S-Class heroes fighting below
>Kicked to the fucking MOON
>Serious Punch splitting the clouds across half the planet
>>
>>134189205
Saitama is a giant five year old.
>>
>>134174256

This image feels dangerous somehow.
>>
>>134166735
Hypothetically
Lets say someone happened to get a recording of Saitama's fight against Boros and made it publicly known, how would perception of him change?
>>
>>134195620
Video was faked.
>>
>>134195412
It's literally neo-Naruto desu senpai
>>
Why was I told the manga had sex

what the fuck
>>
>>134195620
He chickened out and fought some low class pilot. Even Sweet Mask, an A rank, killed a bunch of aliens on his own.

Where was he when they blew up the city? Hiding, waiting to take credit.
>>
>>134195620
>Must have been a Tiger level threat
>>
File: 1448141928942.webm (1MB, 720x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448141928942.webm
1MB, 720x480px
>>134195761
Because Genos IS sex, stupid.
>>
I dunno, I like ONE's version better because it's funnier. I mean, it IS a comedy, so I think ONE's drawings suit the "shonen satire" it really is.
Murata's drawings+the anime made it a literal shonen, and now the entire joke of the manga goes completely over everyone's head, i.e. THIS thread.
>>
Tell me about it.

And even manga readers like Chibi are hella fucking uneducated.

They really have no concrete understanding of how budget and anime works.

Fewer episodes means more animation splurging. And the only reasons he's so stupid is because he let one episode of Dragon Ball Super kill his chocolate starfish. Like he just shat out the great might poo.

Too many weeaboos and too young for the Otakus.

Fuck it. So many idiots who think skill and effort make everything when they still have to answer to a fucking quota.

If you don't make the right amount of money for a huge series, or at least keep enough money left over, THEN OF COURSE THE FUCKING SERIES WILL PROBABLY GET KILLED.

You have to manage the budget. Animation is the most important and necessary thing to focus on when it comes to keeping a budget in order.

You can't just say "Madhouse is basedhouse" at the idea of having them do 100 episodes of Dragon Ball Super, and expect it all to be badass animation at every damn corner.

Let alone the idea that Toei would have dedicated team of anything for 100 or so episodes.
>>
File: Child Emperor.png (40KB, 770x700px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Child Emperor.png
40KB, 770x700px
>>134195761
What's sex?
>>
>>134195880
>>>/t/umblr
Fucking faggots and fujoshits ruined this fanbase for everyone.
>>
>>134189114
you are hipster trash anon.
>>
>>134166735
OP, if you want to have a real OPM discussion, you need to hide it under a Mob Psycho thread instead.
>>
>>134196001
>you are hipster trash anon.
>implying that's a bad thing
Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with liking the original?
>>
>>134196095
Cause it looks autistic. Which is why people from here will like it
>>
>>134196189
>Cause it looks autistic
Are you literally hitler?
>>
>>134196095
I think the trash part is complaining about manga readers.

The manga is a much better thing to start with than the anime.
>>
>>134196189
>Which is why people from here will like it
I'm pretty sure people just like it because it's the original. Not because it looks "special".
>>
>>134189114
>Read Murata's version first
Liked it
>Go on to read ONE's version
Liked it
>Watch the anime version
There are some ups and downs, but so far I'm enjoying it.

I really don't see what the problem is.
>>
File: 34r234.png (205KB, 582x547px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
34r234.png
205KB, 582x547px
>>134196253
>>134196234
>:(
>namefags
OPM threads, everybody!
>>
>>134196042
I'm more excited about Mob than whatever's coming next in OPM honestly

Probably because it seems like the series intends to end at 100
>>
>>134196290
>I really don't see what the problem is.
There is no problem, everyone likes the same series, and we're too tsundere to admit that.
>>
File: 1419891942992.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419891942992.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>134196300
>>:(
You're new, aren't you?
Namefags have no defense, though
>>
File: really dank memes.png (332KB, 511x471px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
really dank memes.png
332KB, 511x471px
Is there a point where something becomes so mainstream you cease to enjoy it as much as you could've
>>
Someone dump the Boros fight.
>>
>>134196356
Fuck off. Emoticons are not acceptable on /a/. It's literally a bannable offense. The only acceptable one is ;_; and that's only supposed to be used ironically.
>>
>>134196300
I take it you hate OPM threads?
>>
>>134196219
I'm not that based.
>>
>>134196410
No I hate you, reddit.
>>
>>134196356
What's there to defend? I got nothing to hide.
>>
probably not how this arc would end but eh found it on pixiv
>>
>>134196472
Would b cute
>>
>>134196472
Funny, because I just found that too
>>
>>134196445
Good. Then my name did it's job. Enjoy being triggered nigga.
>>
File: 1419793427746.jpg (183KB, 570x763px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419793427746.jpg
183KB, 570x763px
>>134196407
I don't think you've ever been on /a/ before. Ironic emoticon usage has been on the rise for years, you fucking mongoloid

>>134196465
Filtered :^)
>>
>>134196359
end your life
>>
>>134196256
No why read such a poorly drawn original?
>>
>>134196511
im already dead inside
>>
>>134196359
It's a good thing I do not care about fucking CollegeHumor and the things it does do not affect me.
>>
>>134196510
>Ironic emoticon usage has been on the rise for years, you fucking mongoloid
Literally not on /a/ you absolute meme of a person. Go back to >>>/r9k/ or wherever the fuck you came from you crossboarding scum.
>>
>>134196566
Literally on everywhere, you fuckass
>>
>>134196510
>:^)
Yeah that's actually a bannable offense anon.
>>
So just who is BLAST anyways?
>>
>>134177857
This kind of shit posting on Murata's twitter flustrates me always
If he has time to make this crap, just focus on drawing latest episode
I want to give him my one punch
>>
>>134167038
The one with the shitty art is funnier.

The "good" art now makes everybody act like this is the newest cool shounen action anime where they shit post and speculate about dumb shit like who the strongest characters are when the whole thing is supposed to be a gag manga.

It's the same with Mob
>>
>>134195620
I'm still waiting for Saitama to have a big public victory
>>
>>134196924
>>:^)
He kind of did in the case of the manga. Don't remember if ONE's version had anything like that though.
>>
>>134166735
The anime is adapting to Murata's version pretty closely with some extra small appreciated bits, and considering the number of eps in, the quality drops have been unsubstantial.

If you want to be a purist, go back to reading the mangas only, it'll only be 2 years until the next story arc.
>>
>>134196812
My daddy.
>>
>>134196815

Nigga stop.
>>
>>134196845
>It's the same with Mob

Are you saying Mob isn't supposed to be taken seriously at all?
>>
>>134178012
What does this even mean?
>>
>>134196845
I disagree actually. I think the detailed art helps to accentuate the comedy, because of the big contrast between the super detailed imagery and the absurd dialogue/actions, something Murata knows well and uses to great effect.
>>
>>134197363
Sometimes I find it hard to tell when Saitama is going serious in the ONE version. So I can see where you're coming from. Sort of.
>>
>>134196815
SOMEONE hasn't been at his streams lately.

Plus, these seem to be related to the extra Tatsumaki chapter. Nothing wrong with teasers or showing us drafts for poses/expressions.
>>
File: opm_029_010.jpg (149KB, 860x1236px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
opm_029_010.jpg
149KB, 860x1236px
>>134197363
Pages like these is why I love the manga version
>>
File: opm_019_026.jpg (150KB, 860x1236px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
opm_019_026.jpg
150KB, 860x1236px
>>134197643
>>
File: 09.png (600KB, 860x1236px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
09.png
600KB, 860x1236px
>>134197813
One of my personal favourites
>ages ago this chapter was my first exposure to OPM
>thought that Garou was thee good guy
>was confused why he was getting beaten up
Its interesting that i thought that now that i look back
>>
>>134171337
it's embarassing at this point
dude was talking about Murata, not ONE in that post
you're pathetic
>>
>>134197643
I love Murata drawing the animations in the manga
The art is phenomenal
>>
I've always wondered: is ONE pronouced "おね" or "won" ?
>>
>>134198232
it's pronounced '1'
>>
File: 1447433477833.png (89KB, 576x344px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447433477833.png
89KB, 576x344px
ONE's version is more interesting, and I don't like Murata's character designs.

I think Murata did some really cool stuff with his own version, but the original is still my preferred read overall.
>>
>>134167038
>graphics make the game

You're one of those people, huh?
>>
>>134198496
What? No. I'm not saying that ONE's version is bad. Just that Murata's improves on it in just about every way.
>>
File: 1448936567513.jpg (395KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448936567513.jpg
395KB, 1280x720px
>>134172591
>>134172678
>>
>>134198496
If I have two identical games in all regards except for graphics, and one has better graphics, I'd probably prefer it. Honestly of the writing and stylistic choices Murata have made, I can not see one worse than ONE's. ONE is a great writer, but nearly the entire manga's dialogue and narration is carbon copied over, so it doesn't matter is ONE is better because the writing is the same.

Murata's sense of motion is absolutely fantastic, as is he perspective and monster design (building off of ONE's designs).
>>
>>134198532
>Just that Murata's improves on it in just about every way.

Not really. Murata's version is too dragged out.
>>
One version
>Great story
>Shit art

Murata version
>Great story (same fucking stuff but with many more details and improvements approved by ONE himself)
>Godly art

I know you faggots like to believe you belong to a top class club of refined and original taste, but cut the bullshit already
>>
>>134198574
>If I have two identical games in all regards except for graphics, and one has better graphics, I'd probably prefer it.
>hurr durr I liek new super mario over mario

Thanks, Todd MacFarlane. I now know not to take you seriously.
>>
>>134198640
>many more details and improvements

It's still from ONE though. Don't credit Murata for that.
>>
>>134198646
Never played a nitendo system, so I can't speak for it. It's more like something having an HD remake. I believe Halo did at one point. The only different was the graphics. The controls, gameplay, and everything else was the same I believe (Also don't own any xbox systems so can't speak well for it either).

Honestly, you don't have an argument, all you did was try and put words in my mouth. It didn't make you look like you won, just stupid.

I wear glasses. I didn't wear glasses for years because I thought I enjoyed life blurry. I finally got glasses and my life improved by leaps and bounds. I apologize if when given two identical experiences, except for one being more visually appealing, I want the visually appealing one.

But really, what argument do you have besides "hurr durr implications".
>>
>>134178036

>he must end the fight in one punch or lose

That sounds like an Axe Cop character. "He always wins fights in One Punch....except when he doesn't!"
>>
>>134198640
>approved by ONE himself

You realize Murata is working WITH ONE and every panel is being directed by ONE? All Murata does is draw.

The dude was so enamored by ONE's paneling and storytelling that he quit his very lucrative job because they wouldn't publish ONE's work.

So yes, Murata is doing an amazing job with the art. But the credit goes to both of them.
>>
>>134196540
Then it won't be suicide. Just do us all a favor.
>>
>>134198640
>>Great story (same fucking stuff but with many more details and improvements approved by ONE himself)
Some of the add on plot though can be really shitty. The recent tourney crap is a good example, but I guess the Metal Bat filler is making up for it.
>>
>>134198835
All of that is written and paneled by ONE. You're complaining about ONE's work instead of ONE's work, just with a different coat of paint.
>>
>>134198736
>It's more like something having an HD remake.
>muh graphics

Seriously, dude. Stop. You're making yourself look seriously bad.
>>
>>134198670
No one's arguing that. He's just pointing out that the version with Murata's art is the best version, and not just because of Murata but for all the things mentioned above.
>>
File: 1448835557970.png (2MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448835557970.png
2MB, 3000x1688px
>>134198012
That page killed me. I as crying from laughter while reading it.
>>
>>134198881
>He's just pointing out that the version with Murata's art is the best version

But the version with Murata's art isn't the best because of his art but instead of ONE's writing.
>>
>>134190086
>I can't laugh at ONE's shitty art anymore so the comedy is worse
>>
>>134198861
I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Unless you're just trolling it seems silly. It isn't about "muh graphics" apples to oranges comparison between different games.

Unless you're saying that given two identical experiences you choose the one less visually appealing. I'm trying to understand. Why would you choose the less visually appealing one? Is there a reason beyond it being the original?
>>
>>134170833
I cannot find a source for the original ONE version and I couldnt find this scene when I did have a source.
Is this really happening or is he knocked out?
I know he moves away and hides after Garou's defeat
>>
>>134198999
>It isn't about "muh graphics" apples to oranges comparison between different games.

Except it literally is seeing that you want form over substance.
>>
>>134199012
its after golden sperm is formed and the chapter start with a monologue about how child emperor was what children look up to while he got beat to shit
>>
How about you faggots look at it like this

>Webcomic version is written by ONE and drawn by ONE
>Manga version is still written by fucking ONE but drawn by Murata with better art

Now that we have that out of the way, what do you want to bitch about next, webcomic fags?
>>
>>134198926
Cant't wait to see Murata version's Monster Association
I guess it will be appeared soon, cause some of Demon level monsters from MA are already in manga
>>
>>134171288
Aren't his lines like that because he has one of those huge tablet monitor type things?
>>
>>134199085
Except in videogames it's acceptable to call graphics form and mechanics substance.

In manga, the panels and the drawings therein ARE the substance. They are what define the medium.

p.s I like the ONE version, I think it looks good regardless of ONE's inability to draw well. But the visual aspect is extremely fundamental to any manga (or anime for that matter).
>>
File: 1448890511415.jpg (316KB, 650x909px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448890511415.jpg
316KB, 650x909px
>>134195352
>No one expects much from me
>They think a poorly drawn webcomic won't be much good
>I know that better than anyone!
>I'm not good enough for Jump
>My art is weak. I know that much
>No one has to tell me I shouldn't quit my day job
>I already... know that!
>And yet... I must try
>It's not about getting an Anime!
>It's about me telling my stories right here, right NOW!
>>
So I was thinking.

Does Sweet Mask idolize Saitama because he is the perfect hero?

I was re-reading the webcomic looking for things I missed, and noticed Sweet Mask believes when other heroes fail, it damages his image.

So Saitama always winning with ease makes heroes look competent. Which protects Sweet Masks image as a hero, which protects his acting career.

Am I over thinking this? I just want to know more about the fucker, even the other heroes have no idea what type of strength he has or what he can do.
>>
>>134199085
I don't understand though. They're practically identical except for additions ONE both wrote an paneled. It's two different forms of the SAME substance, not form over substance.

If I was choosing a completely different thing because it was visually more appealing then you would have a leg to stand on, but the only difference between the two versions are visuals. You're not making any actual points, the points you're trying to make aren't even making sense.

If you want to talk about how ONE's art makes Saitama less series (because it does, Murata draws facial expressions to make Saitama a more serious character) then you'd have a point, but as is you're not making sense.
>>
>>134195761
Maybe it's like how for the longest time I thought Death note was literally a Yaoi manga.
I wasn't completely wrong but I don't konw why I thought it was explicit. Must have been *that* Flash.
>>
>>134199193
>Except in videogames it's acceptable to call graphics form and mechanics substance.

Yes, yes. You value graphics over substance, Todd. We get it.

Didn't you get owned when you made that form over substance debate tho, MacFarlane?
>>
>>134199218
SM is just a monster pretending to be a Hero
>>
>>134199165
>webcomic fags

More like people who just latched onto this series due to the Anime and are trying to get into the webcomic/manga.

Jesus, this is SnK/Attack on Titan all over again.

Those people need to just lurk and read instead of shitpost.
>>
>>134199218
Sweet Mask only knows that Saitama is stronk as fuck, which is why he has a crush on Saitama now.
>>
>>134199218
So far the only thing we know is he gets wet over Saitama's strength and seems to think power = beauty like a generic crazy dude.
>>
>>134199234
>I don't understand though. They're practically identical except for additions ONE both wrote an paneled.

So the reason why either is good is because of ONE and Murata is just the aritst. Good to know.
>>
>>134199218
Sweet Mask has fallen for the beauty of OVERWHELMING POWER
>>
>>134199264
I'm not the same person. Are you interested in discussing or are you just a low-rent troll?
>>
>>134199268
That's what people theorized during the MA arc, but now that's kind of up in the air.

Nigga is too mysterious.
>>
>>134199264
How is the substance of Murata's version different than ONE's. Please explain that. I am actually trying to understand what point you're trying to make.

>>134199292
Murata's version is better because it takes ONE's writing and panelling and applies Murata's art. Taking a visual medium like manga and simply saying "visuals do not matter" is idiotic. Of course they matter to a degree.

Come on man, get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>134199218
Even though Saitama always wins he does so in a way that is rather ugly.
He goes full jackass to get people to see what the value of the weak heroes, he spares a lot of his enemies instead of 'Executing Justice' and generally doesn't endear himself to the populace at all.
So no.
>>
File: 012.jpg (117KB, 600x849px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]